The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 06:58 AM
Serene Highness

In all the times that I have been on royal sites, the one thing I did learn is that the royals do *not* talk to the press/media at all unless it's things like how is the weather, how are you, this is a nice event, etc. Why, the press/media is very well known for turning the facts around and making up lies and stories and stupid headlines to get people to buy the paper/magazine so that they can make money.........that is what the media is all about. Given all that, SH should know by now that you do not talk to the media, you do not put yourself out there for if you do, then you suffer the consequences of your actions. My impression of royals and that is any royal is that they want their lives as private as possible and that goes for everything in their lives, the less said the better. SH needs to learn this *now*, you don't feed the animal if you know that the animal might bite.............and the media bites big time, all the time and anytime.
And as I said somewhere on here, we are all young and foolish at one time in our lives and the actions and decisions that we did then will be with us for the rest of our lives and there will be people in our lives that will not like what we did when we were young and foolish and stupid, these things are coming back to haunt her and they will be with her for the rest of her live, so she is just going to have to learn to live that. It can't be erased,, it's out there for all to see, so SH has a long road ahead of her to be a royal, I remember all the Sarah/Andrew and that was hell on her and him and the same for D/C............that is the way the media works, only a very tough skin will make her survive in that world of royals.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Have you ever thought that maybe she knows that already? She isn't dumb, even thoug a lot of people think her to be. Maybe she feeds the press on purpous, because she doesn't want them to rip her apart like they do with her future sister-in-law. You know, always feed the dog a little snack so it will like you instead of bite you.
I dont know that she is dumb, however she has very little education, having left school at such an early age (15-16). What is the saying about those who are not students of history are doomed to repeat it? Diana fed the press, and it bit her. Right now SH is having a press honeymoon, much as the Duchess of York did, before they turned on her. Honeymoons of any variety dont last.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I dont know that she is dumb, however she has very little education, having left school at such an early age (15-16). What is the saying about those who are not students of history are doomed to repeat it? Diana fed the press, and it bit her. Right now SH is having a press honeymoon, much as the Duchess of York did, before they turned on her. Honeymoons of any variety dont last.
So not having a grand education makes you dumb? I think this Wikipedia article will be of interest to you

Old 10-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

People, give it a rest. Let's stick to the 'general news' and let's not start the umpteenth discussion about Sofia. If you must that can be done in the 'Sofia's Past' thread but by now I think most posters and readers will know what you think of her as it has been debated ad nauseam.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know when we will see Carl and Sofia at any event coming up?
Old 10-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Maybe at the Nobles. Jonas was also there when he was Madeleines fiance. He wasn't sitting on the stage, but he was there at the dinner.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Maybe at the Nobles. Jonas was also there when he was Madeleines fiance. He wasn't sitting on the stage, but he was there at the dinner.

Officially it's not up to the royal family to decide if Sofia goes or not since they're not the hosts (that's the head of the Nobel committee) of the dinner just "special guest stars" (now there's a Heather Locklear reference for you) but then again I'm sure they're very much consulted about who they want to bring and not.
IIRC Daniel was supposed to have been a guest at the dinner while engaged to Victoria but had to cancel because of it being to soon after his kidney transplant?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Officially it's not up to the royal family to decide if Sofia goes or not since they're not the hosts (that's the head of the Nobel committee) of the dinner just "special guest stars" (now there's a Heather Locklear reference for you) but then again I'm sure they're very much consulted about who they want to bring and not.
IIRC Daniel was supposed to have been a guest at the dinner while engaged to Victoria but had to cancel because of it being to soon after his kidney transplant?

I'm not sure about that. There is much talk about this "fact" in this forum, but I've never seen something official about it. But it could very well be possible.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:

I think that Sofia will be at the Nobels. It would be surprising if the Nobel committee would refuse to invite her if the King suggested that she should be invited.

I wonder - would she already wear a tiara?
Old 10-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'm not sure about that. There is much talk about this "fact" in this forum, but I've never seen something official about it. But it could very well be possible.
From Aftonbladet: "Crown Princess Victoria's fiancé Daniel Westling has been asked by his doctors to stay at home and will not take part in the festivities".
Nobelpriset 2009 | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

In some newspaper the court commented that it would not have been wise for Daniel to attend at an event of 1200-1500 people in the same room at the worst flu time of the year.
The king is out of his mind if he gives a tiara for Sofia 6 months before the wedding.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Thanks, Lady Finn. So it really happened like that and isn't all gossip. Good to know.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Courtier

Anyone can wear a tiara to the Nobel dinner if they want to so it's all up to Sofia to go out and get one if she feels like it. I'm not sure that King CXVIG would allow her to wear one of the royal tiaras but then again the old rules are changing so fast in the House of Bernadotte these days it's almost impossible to say in beforehand what's going to happen.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Anyone can wear a tiara to the Nobel dinner if they want to so it's all up to Sofia to go out and get one if she feels like it. I'm not sure that King CXVIG would allow her to wear one of the royal tiaras but then again the old rules are changing so fast in the House of Bernadotte these days it's almost impossible to say in beforehand what's going to happen.

I would think that SH would follow protocol in regards to the Nobles, after all this isn't an event where you can do as you please...she is marrying into the royal family and should follow the rules that they live by all their lives, she follows them , they don't follow her........
Old 10-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Courtier

General News about Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
I would think that SH would follow protocol in regards to the Nobles, after all this isn't an event where you can do as you please...she is marrying into the royal family and should follow the rules that they live by all their lives, she follows them , they don't follow her........

I was speaking more in general about how many of the rules have been changing lately for all of them and not just to accommodate the supposed wishes of one person.
Protocol wise anyone can wear a tiara to a white tie event like the Nobel dinner and several non-royal ladies do wear one so it would be perfectly alright for Sofia to do so.
I don't think she will but she could if she wanted too.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's very possible that Sofia will go to the Nobel Ceremony but she won't be wearing a tiara. She will next year though. She'll wear it along with her royal order.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-25-2014, 12:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I was speaking more in general about how many of the rules have been changing lately for all of them and not just to accommodate the supposed wishes of one person.
Protocol wise anyone can wear a tiara to a white tie event like the Nobel dinner and several non-royal ladies do wear one so it would be perfectly alright for Sofia to do so.
I don't think she will but she could if she wanted too.

Thank you for explaining, sorry I jumped on you, sometimes I think many people are ready to give her the keys to the kingdom and the jewels in the vault......
Old 10-25-2014, 01:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thanks, Lady Finn. So it really happened like that and isn't all gossip. Good to know.
You know KitKat2006, not everything is 'all gossip'. Google is your friend. Consider looking these things up "to see if there is anything official' before summarily dismissing them out of hand.

LadyFinn, I agree, the King would be crazy to give her a tiara 6 months before the marriage.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:06 AM
Courtier

General News about Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Thank you for explaining, sorry I jumped on you, sometimes I think many people are ready to give her the keys to the kingdom and the jewels in the vault......

No problem, I don't feel jumped on at all. In fact I was worried I had been jumping on your toes with my last post to you. I often worry about me being to blunt in my posts. I guess we're even in our mutual non-jumping then lol

Old 10-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

I hope she waits and wears a tiara for her wedding. That will be a very special moment for her.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
I hope she waits and wears a tiara for her wedding. That will be a very special moment for her.
I somehow agree and think that she should better wait for the wedding before she wears a tiar.

But Maxima wore a tiara twice before her marriage, and there is a possibility that the Swedish will follow that road. The SRF seem to be very intend on publicly showing their support for CP and Sofia. As if they know that Sofia needs more support than Daniel or Christopher ever did. So they might decide that Sofia should wear a tiara as another prove of her being fully accepted.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip