The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 10-24-2014, 06:58 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
In all the times that I have been on royal sites, the one thing I did learn is that the royals do *not* talk to the press/media at all unless it's things like how is the weather, how are you, this is a nice event, etc. Why, the press/media is very well known for turning the facts around and making up lies and stories and stupid headlines to get people to buy the paper/magazine so that they can make money.........that is what the media is all about. Given all that, SH should know by now that you do not talk to the media, you do not put yourself out there for if you do, then you suffer the consequences of your actions. My impression of royals and that is any royal is that they want their lives as private as possible and that goes for everything in their lives, the less said the better. SH needs to learn this *now*, you don't feed the animal if you know that the animal might bite.............and the media bites big time, all the time and anytime.
And as I said somewhere on here, we are all young and foolish at one time in our lives and the actions and decisions that we did then will be with us for the rest of our lives and there will be people in our lives that will not like what we did when we were young and foolish and stupid, these things are coming back to haunt her and they will be with her for the rest of her live, so she is just going to have to learn to live that. It can't be erased,, it's out there for all to see, so SH has a long road ahead of her to be a royal, I remember all the Sarah/Andrew and that was hell on her and him and the same for D/C............that is the way the media works, only a very tough skin will make her survive in that world of royals.
__________________

  #102  
Old 10-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Have you ever thought that maybe she knows that already? She isn't dumb, even thoug a lot of people think her to be. Maybe she feeds the press on purpous, because she doesn't want them to rip her apart like they do with her future sister-in-law. You know, always feed the dog a little snack so it will like you instead of bite you.
I dont know that she is dumb, however she has very little education, having left school at such an early age (15-16). What is the saying about those who are not students of history are doomed to repeat it? Diana fed the press, and it bit her. Right now SH is having a press honeymoon, much as the Duchess of York did, before they turned on her. Honeymoons of any variety dont last.
__________________

  #103  
Old 10-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I dont know that she is dumb, however she has very little education, having left school at such an early age (15-16). What is the saying about those who are not students of history are doomed to repeat it? Diana fed the press, and it bit her. Right now SH is having a press honeymoon, much as the Duchess of York did, before they turned on her. Honeymoons of any variety dont last.
So not having a grand education makes you dumb? I think this Wikipedia article will be of interest to you
__________________
"I am Denmark's first female Prime Minister. But you know what? I won't be the last."
— Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark

  #104  
Old 10-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,718
People, give it a rest. Let's stick to the 'general news' and let's not start the umpteenth discussion about Sofia. If you must that can be done in the 'Sofia's Past' thread but by now I think most posters and readers will know what you think of her as it has been debated ad nauseam.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #105  
Old 10-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,328
Does anyone know when we will see Carl and Sofia at any event coming up?
  #106  
Old 10-24-2014, 04:17 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Maybe at the Nobles. Jonas was also there when he was Madeleines fiance. He wasn't sitting on the stage, but he was there at the dinner.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #107  
Old 10-24-2014, 04:27 PM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Maybe at the Nobles. Jonas was also there when he was Madeleines fiance. He wasn't sitting on the stage, but he was there at the dinner.

Officially it's not up to the royal family to decide if Sofia goes or not since they're not the hosts (that's the head of the Nobel committee) of the dinner just "special guest stars" (now there's a Heather Locklear reference for you) but then again I'm sure they're very much consulted about who they want to bring and not.
IIRC Daniel was supposed to have been a guest at the dinner while engaged to Victoria but had to cancel because of it being to soon after his kidney transplant?


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
  #108  
Old 10-24-2014, 04:30 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Officially it's not up to the royal family to decide if Sofia goes or not since they're not the hosts (that's the head of the Nobel committee) of the dinner just "special guest stars" (now there's a Heather Locklear reference for you) but then again I'm sure they're very much consulted about who they want to bring and not.
IIRC Daniel was supposed to have been a guest at the dinner while engaged to Victoria but had to cancel because of it being to soon after his kidney transplant?


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
I'm not sure about that. There is much talk about this "fact" in this forum, but I've never seen something official about it. But it could very well be possible.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #109  
Old 10-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Officially it's not up to the royal family to decide if Sofia goes or not since they're not the hosts (that's the head of the Nobel committee) of the dinner just "special guest stars" (now there's a Heather Locklear reference for you) but then again I'm sure they're very much consulted about who they want to bring and not.
IIRC Daniel was supposed to have been a guest at the dinner while engaged to Victoria but had to cancel because of it being to soon after his kidney transplant?


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
I think that Sofia will be at the Nobels. It would be surprising if the Nobel committee would refuse to invite her if the King suggested that she should be invited.

I wonder - would she already wear a tiara?
  #110  
Old 10-24-2014, 05:56 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
I'm not sure about that. There is much talk about this "fact" in this forum, but I've never seen something official about it. But it could very well be possible.
From Aftonbladet: "Crown Princess Victoria's fiancé Daniel Westling has been asked by his doctors to stay at home and will not take part in the festivities".
Nobelpriset 2009 | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

In some newspaper the court commented that it would not have been wise for Daniel to attend at an event of 1200-1500 people in the same room at the worst flu time of the year.
The king is out of his mind if he gives a tiara for Sofia 6 months before the wedding.
  #111  
Old 10-24-2014, 06:54 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Thanks, Lady Finn. So it really happened like that and isn't all gossip. Good to know.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #112  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:51 PM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 913
Anyone can wear a tiara to the Nobel dinner if they want to so it's all up to Sofia to go out and get one if she feels like it. I'm not sure that King CXVIG would allow her to wear one of the royal tiaras but then again the old rules are changing so fast in the House of Bernadotte these days it's almost impossible to say in beforehand what's going to happen.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
  #113  
Old 10-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Anyone can wear a tiara to the Nobel dinner if they want to so it's all up to Sofia to go out and get one if she feels like it. I'm not sure that King CXVIG would allow her to wear one of the royal tiaras but then again the old rules are changing so fast in the House of Bernadotte these days it's almost impossible to say in beforehand what's going to happen.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
I would think that SH would follow protocol in regards to the Nobles, after all this isn't an event where you can do as you please...she is marrying into the royal family and should follow the rules that they live by all their lives, she follows them , they don't follow her........
  #114  
Old 10-24-2014, 10:28 PM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 913
General News about Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
I would think that SH would follow protocol in regards to the Nobles, after all this isn't an event where you can do as you please...she is marrying into the royal family and should follow the rules that they live by all their lives, she follows them , they don't follow her........

I was speaking more in general about how many of the rules have been changing lately for all of them and not just to accommodate the supposed wishes of one person.
Protocol wise anyone can wear a tiara to a white tie event like the Nobel dinner and several non-royal ladies do wear one so it would be perfectly alright for Sofia to do so.
I don't think she will but she could if she wanted too.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
  #115  
Old 10-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,765
It's very possible that Sofia will go to the Nobel Ceremony but she won't be wearing a tiara. She will next year though. She'll wear it along with her royal order.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
  #116  
Old 10-25-2014, 12:59 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I was speaking more in general about how many of the rules have been changing lately for all of them and not just to accommodate the supposed wishes of one person.
Protocol wise anyone can wear a tiara to a white tie event like the Nobel dinner and several non-royal ladies do wear one so it would be perfectly alright for Sofia to do so.
I don't think she will but she could if she wanted too.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Thank you for explaining, sorry I jumped on you, sometimes I think many people are ready to give her the keys to the kingdom and the jewels in the vault......
  #117  
Old 10-25-2014, 01:09 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Thanks, Lady Finn. So it really happened like that and isn't all gossip. Good to know.
You know KitKat2006, not everything is 'all gossip'. Google is your friend. Consider looking these things up "to see if there is anything official' before summarily dismissing them out of hand.


LadyFinn, I agree, the King would be crazy to give her a tiara 6 months before the marriage.
  #118  
Old 10-25-2014, 03:06 AM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 913
General News about Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Thank you for explaining, sorry I jumped on you, sometimes I think many people are ready to give her the keys to the kingdom and the jewels in the vault......

No problem, I don't feel jumped on at all. In fact I was worried I had been jumping on your toes with my last post to you. I often worry about me being to blunt in my posts. I guess we're even in our mutual non-jumping then lol


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
  #119  
Old 10-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,328
I hope she waits and wears a tiara for her wedding. That will be a very special moment for her.
  #120  
Old 10-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
I hope she waits and wears a tiara for her wedding. That will be a very special moment for her.
I somehow agree and think that she should better wait for the wedding before she wears a tiar.

But Maxima wore a tiara twice before her marriage, and there is a possibility that the Swedish will follow that road. The SRF seem to be very intend on publicly showing their support for CP and Sofia. As if they know that Sofia needs more support than Daniel or Christopher ever did. So they might decide that Sofia should wear a tiara as another prove of her being fully accepted.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia, Part 1: June 2015 - June 2016 Tilia C. Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia 310 06-02-2016 07:05 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events current events thread duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall's fashion and style dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece haldane hereditary grand duchess stéphanie kate middleton king abdullah ii king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince leka princess eugenie outfit princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess victoria fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen rania in the un queen rania style royal weddings september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises