General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
6qch9h.png

General News regarding Princess Madeleine, Christopher O'Neill and Princess Leonore, Part One

Commencing April 2014

So my theory about M&C being in Florida and V&D catching up with them there, seems to be right....

Just read a posting on another forum that someone has seen them at a pizza restaurant in Palm Beach, FL, and gave a quite accurate description.

I also found a photo (on the same forum) of V&D at a US airport with little Estelle. I do not think I should link to the other forum, but just wanted to point this out.

So my theory about M&C being in Florida and V&D catching up with them there, seems to be right....

Just read a posting on another forum that someone has seen them at a pizza restaurant in Palm Beach, FL, and gave a quite accurate description.

I also found a photo (on the same forum) of V&D at a US airport with little Estelle. I do not think I should link to the other forum, but just wanted to point this out.

I posted the photo of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle at the airport to their thread on 18th April, and after that the photo has been seen on many other forums. They were returning home from New York on 13th-14th April.
Bunte writes that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were seen in Soho in New York on 2nd April, they quote Svensk Damtidning. But no Madeleine or Leonore. The photo at the article is old.
Victoria von Schweden Heimlicher Besuch bei Madeleine BUNTE.de

Last edited:
From Aftonbladet:
Princess Madeleine's friend is suspected of buying cocaine
Several of cocaine league's suspected buyers are socially well-established persons. One of them, a 35-year old man, is part of Princess Madeleine's closest circle of friends. He is suspected of having bought two grams at Östermalm but he denies the charges. 21 of the nearly 100 identified suspects buyers have recently been prosecuted. Madeleine's friend's intercepted conversations are included in the investigation. He says he has never used cocaine and denies the charges.
Asked what he did on that day, in September last year, he says:
- I think I was out with my friends at the restaurant around Stureplan. I remember it because it was the last time I was drunk.
He says he does not remember the call or event when the interrogator confronts him with calls from his mobile.
- I do not know if it's me talking.
When asked if there is a friend of his who speaks, he replies:
- I do not recognize the voice.
Do you talk or spend time with young immigrant boys from the suburbs?
- No, but I had my C63 (Mercedes, editor's note) up for sale, then a lot of guys rang.
The man, who in 2012 had a declared income of 2.2 million, also describes his living situation and says that he has been working long hours:
- I work between 6-19 usually. I am married, living a quiet family life.
The preliminary investigation of the case is not yet complete. A voice analysis will likely be implemented first.
The trial of the first to be prosecuted begins in early May.
Prinsessan Madeleines vän misstänks köpt kokain Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
So I guess she is coming for her dad's birthday. I am assuming she took Chris and Leonore, so hopefully pics of the new family will follow!

Last edited:
Lady Finn- do you think Madeleine is in Sweden and will we see her?

Madeleine and Chris have complained to Press Ombudsman and Press Council about Expressen's publications from their honeymoon in the Seychelles.
Expressen published on 14 and 15 June several pictures of the newly married couple in swimwear. Publications were notified by Princess Madeleine via Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist. Madeleine complained that the photos were taken without consent and constituted a serious violation of the princess' personal privacy.
Expressen pleaded among other things, that the princess on the day of the first publications herself put up a beach picture from the honeymoon on Facebook.

Press Ombudsman Ola Sigvardsson considers that the case raises several important principle and definition issues - what the public interest is and who decides when a princess is private. Expressen should be blamed because the images do not have such strong interest that they justify the invasion of privacy by the publication involved. Press Ombudsman mentions that the couple sought seclusion to avoid attention and the exposure in the magazine was extensive.
Press Council understands also the couple's desire to be at peace, but notes that neither the pictures or texts in Expressen contain any elements "of particularly intrusive nature" or some unfounded speculation. Publications have not gone over the limit that would cause that Expressen should be considered have broken good conduct for journalists, says Press Council in their decision.
Ny PO-anmälan från kungafamiljen Journalisten

Loved the picture of Madeleine, Chris and baby Leonore. What a beautiful family!

what a cute picture of the family! i hope they keep them coming. :)

Expressen writes that Madeleine has a job at two of Chris' companies. She is the vice chairman of Wilton Payments and Belgravia Investments as Madeleine Bernadotte. The companies have been registered on 26th August 2013 in Florida. Chris is the chairman of the companies. Expressen tried to get contact to Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department, about Madeleine's role at the companies. Thorgren answered on Thursday that she has no information regarding Expressen's questions. It is interesting because Daniel had to give up his job because a member of the royal family can't have an active role in business life. Expressen has also tried to get contact to Chris without success.
Madde tar plats i Chris O'Neills företag Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Court's press release regarding Chris not taking the title: "A member of the Royal Family should not hold a position of responsibility within business"
http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt...eroneillstitle.5.4ea495e313c19c119aa5da0.html

The court now confirms for Expressen that Madeleine has ownership interests in three of husband Chris O'Neill's companies - but stresses that ownership does not conflict with what the princess as a member of the royal family can own.
Her dual roles however are questioned by expertise.
- It is not directly compatible with the role as a heir to the throne, says Joakim Nergelius, professor of constitutional law at Örebro University.
German magazine Bunte revealed today Madeleine's new employment. Documents from the U.S. government declares that she signed on as vice chairman of husband Chris O'Neill both companies Wilton Payments and Belgravia Investment.
Joakim Nergelius has accessed the data with great amazement.
- It is very surprising if it's true, he says.
According Nergelius there is no mention of company assignments in the Swedish Act of Succession, because that's because it is so old, from 1809. There is no clear constitutional rules about what is what. The Constitution is severely outdated.
In the 1970s, the constitution was changed and the female succession was discussed and finally introduced in 1980. Yet there are no rules about whether a royalty can run a company, while maintaining her right to the throne.
- The question has not arisen in this way before because no royalty has done this before as far as I know, says Nergelius and mentions Prince Daniel, who stepped down from his active role in gym chain Balance and older generations of princes who renounced their titles for various reasons.
Bunte speculated just that - it is a sign that the princess is planning to resign her place in the succession.
After Expressen's asking explanation from Margareta Thorngren, she returned finally today by e-mail:
"PRM (short for Princess Madeleine, editor's note) owns a minority stake of 5% in three of Mr. O'Neill's commercial company. Remaining 95% owned by Mr. O'Neill. PRMS ownership does not give right to dividends in any of the companies. PRM is not employed in any of the companies and is not included in any of the companies' management and she carries nor any compensation from the companies. She does not engage in business activities. Ownership of Minorities is not in conflict with what the PRM as a member of the royal family can own."
Madeleines dubbla roller ifrågasätts Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
A press release regarding Princess Madeleines involvement in Christopher's company
https://translate.googleusercontent...c.html&usg=ALkJrhg_sEy9sc0s_iDoYe6zSQ9vR7WZwA
Comment on media data on Princess Madeleine and directorships
Princess Madeleine owns a minority stake of 5% in three of Mr. Christopher O'Neill commercial company.
The remaining 95% is owned by Mr O'Neill. Princess Madeleine's ownership does not give right to dividends in any of the companies.

Princess Madeleine is not employed in any of the companies, not included in any of the companies' management and supporting nor any compensation from the companies. Princess Madeleine is not engaged in business.

Ownership of Minorities is not in conflict with what Princess Madeleine as a member of the royal family can own.

A press release regarding Princess Madeleines involvement in Christopher's company
https://translate.googleusercontent...c.html&usg=ALkJrhg_sEy9sc0s_iDoYe6zSQ9vR7WZwA
Princess Madeleine owns a minority stake of 5% in three of Mr. Christopher O'Neill commercial company.
The remaining 95% is owned by Mr O'Neill. Princess Madeleine's ownership does not give right to dividends in any of the companies.

Princess Madeleine is not employed in any of the companies, not included in any of the companies' management and supporting nor any compensation from the companies. Princess Madeleine is not engaged in business.

Ownership of Minorities is not in conflict with what Princess Madeleine as a member of the royal family can own.

I personally do not think Madeleine holding a minority stake in her husband's companies is in way a conflict with her (limited) royal role. That said, I think it is odd that she would keep a 5% stake in companies 95% owned by Chris.

Joakim Nergelius, professor of constitutional law at Örebro University, has given an interview also to Aftonbladet.

Now the court confirms that the princess owns 5 percent of the business, but argues that the assignment does not conflict with her ​​royal duties.
Unacceptable, says constitutional expert Joakim Nergelius.
- We assume that the royals do not engage in commercial activities. It's the same way that we assume that the minister does not have secondary employment. It is inappropriate and hardly allowed, says Joakim Nergelius.
- When Daniel Westling married Crown Princess Victoria, he terminated all activities. It is a given rule. The Royal Family has a commanding position in the community and are not expected to engage in activities that may put them in a position of dependence, he says.
This indicates that the princess will resign from her title ?
- There will be a new debate about this. I do not think the princess will relinquish the title immediately, but the issue has been brought up.
Hovet Madeleine äger 5 procent Nyheter Aftonbladet

The original Bunte article, which Expressen quoted.
Madeleine von Schweden Will sie keine Prinzessin mehr sein BUNTE.de

Last edited:
Joakim Nergelius, professor of constitutional law at Örebro University, has given an interview also to Aftonbladet.

Now the court confirms that the princess owns 5 percent of the business, but argues that the assignment does not conflict with her ​​royal duties.
Unacceptable, says constitutional expert Joakim Nergelius.
- We assume that the royals do not engage in commercial activities. It's the same way that we assume that the minister does not have secondary employment. It is inappropriate and hardly allowed, says Joakim Nergelius.
- When Daniel Westling married Crown Princess Victoria, he terminated all activities. It is a given rule. The Royal Family has a commanding position in the community and are not expected to engage in activities that may put them in a position of dependence, he says.
This indicates that the princess will resign from her title ?
- There will be a new debate about this. I do not think the princess will relinquish the title immediately, but the issue has been brought up.
Hovet Madeleine äger 5 procent Nyheter Aftonbladet

Very interesting thank you :flowers:
Maybe Madeleine should have done like Martha Louise in order to still serve the family but have more liberty to be in the "business world"

Then why do it in the first place? Its bound to create controversy and we can watch in Spain what happens when royals who are supposed to represent the country get involved in business in whatever way.

Madeleine should draw a clear line if she wants to be an active royal or not and draw the resulting consequences.

Very interesting thank you :flowers:
Maybe Madeleine should have done like Martha Louise in order to still serve the family but have more liberty to be in the "business world"

I read somewhere around the time of Madeleines and Chris wedding that she had offered to give up her royal title but that her father the King wouldn't hear of it. It could've been a fabrication by the tabloids but if true it's quite interesting.

I assume that there is a logical explanation for Madeleine holding 5% in a US company. There should be a legal reason for it, maybe this was agreed in the prenups, maybe this is to secure the family interest in the company, etc.

Again this is a grey area whether or not a member of the SRF can have business ownership in this form. Personally I do not care much. It is only 5%. Let's just say Madeleine has many talents but I do not think running a business is one of them. That's why I think there is a legally feasible reason for this LLC ownership construction.

Then why do it in the first place? Its bound to create controversy and we can watch in Spain what happens when royals who are supposed to represent the country get involved in business in whatever way.

Madeleine should draw a clear line if she wants to be an active royal or not and draw the resulting consequences.
As mentioned by a previous poster, I think Madeleine's 5% interest is probably more to do with a pre-nup than actually working for Chris's companies.

But, I would think her lack of "activities" for Sweden since her Engagement, and her absence from several high profile events such as the Nobels, would tend to indicate that she is not intending to be an active royal in any meaningful way at all.

Last edited:
As mentioned by a previous poster, I think Madeleine's 5% interest is probably more to do with a pre-nup than actually working for Chris's companies.

But, I would think her lack of "activities" for Sweden since her Engagement, and her absence from several high profile events such as the Nobels, would tend to indicate that she is not intending to be an active royal in any meaningful way at all.

what do you mean with that the 5% has to do with the pre-nup exactly?

i think what Duke of marmelade was intending to say is that she either needs to be a full time royal or a private person, but not go midway with doing the events she fancies doing and then reclaiming privacy when she fancies it. it's all or nothing in my opinion, or very close to.

then she should not give her daughter HRH and have the christening paid for by the taxpayer, if its supposed to be private. i am missing a red line that defines madeleine, who imo likes to take the best from both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom