General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amusing. :flowers: Because we know that it is very sexist at it's core. If Chris had been guilty of modeling in the nude, he never would have gotten within miles of Madeleine. Or if they had an affair the king would never have given permission for a marriage. That's the way of it. That's my opinion. As it is Chris was dinged for being a 'playboy'. That someone else about to join the SRF was a 'playgirl' has not mattered one whit. Approval or not, care or not one whit about any of it, there is a double standard operating. It's interesting to watch.

I think that you need to remember that Swedish people in general (not necessarily people on these forums) think that shady bank affairs is much worse than having semi-nude pictures taken. Sex just isn't a big taboo over here, but making money in gray areas and avoiding taxes is.

I have a question here. I had read that Chris was checked by FBI and Secret Agents who were sent by the King, so what kind of check was it? If he had been doing shady biz or illegal stuff, having unclean records, so why was he allowed to marry Madde in the first place?

I worked in finance before, its a known fact that we don't have a good reputation, people run away from us, we are parasites...It is a very difficult and stressful job.

Back to topic, so is the Press or Johan from Expressen trying to prove to Madde that you have married a wrong guy and its best that she divorces him or gives up the title and leaves the country.

The worst situtation will be Chris gives up his career and says yes to be a Prince or Duke,then the Swedes get to pay him salary...

I really wonder, giving him salary from Swedish taxpayers' money or leaving him alone to carry on with his biz...which option do the Swedes/Press prefer?

Last edited:
I think that you need to remember that Swedish people in general (not necessarily people on these forums) think that shady bank affairs is much worse than having semi-nude pictures taken. Sex just isn't a big taboo over here, but making money in gray areas and avoiding taxes is.

Yes, in that aspect it's the same in the Netherlands, but imo there are other cultures whose people can not even begin to grasp this :lol:

That said, the Swedish media do seem to go for Chris's affairs like pitbulls, hopefully they will soon run out of ammunition and P.Madeleine and Chris will get a chance to settle down in Europe with their kids.

Yes, in that aspect it's the same in the Netherlands, but imo there are other cultures whose people can not even begin to grasp this :lol:

That said, the Swedish media do seem to go for Chris's affairs like pitbulls, hopefully they will soon run out of ammunition and P.Madeleine and Chris will get a chance to settle down in Europe with their kids.
Haha, exactly. Tax evasion "Meh, he just screwed up a little", Nude pictures "OH dear lord you sinful sorceress!" Hahah, that is not the way it is in Sweden (and if you say so, Netherlands). That seems twisted to me!

Tax Evasion is actually breaking the law while nude pictures that was taking and release with the subject approval is not illegal.

I disagree with Lady Nimue, when male nudes come out people have a laugh and it is forgotten about. When female nudes come out, the woman get call all type of names and it is never forgotten about. That is the sexism here.

Tax Evasion is actually breaking the law while nude pictures that was taking and release with the subject approval is not illegal.

I disagree with Lady Nimue, when male nudes come out people have a laugh and it is forgotten about. When female nudes come out, the woman get call all type of names and it is never forgotten about. That is the sexism here.
I agree with you. Male nudes is in no way as inflammatory as female... Just an example, Prince Harry full nude vs. Kate topless. Who was blamed and who was just "having fun"?

I agree with you. Male nudes is in no way as inflammatory as female... Just an example, Prince Harry full nude vs. Kate topless. Who was blamed and who was just "having fun"?

That is totally different matter. If Chris would have been a model like Sofia, done all same kind of "model" works like Sofia, boasted in a magazine to have kissed a male coworker of Jenna Jameson, attended a tacky reality show and sought fame in every possible way, I don't think that the king would have let Madeleine to marry him. Sofia's "she is such a sweet girl" would not have worked with a man with the same past.

Back to topic, so is the Press or Johan from Expressen trying to prove to Madde that you have married a wrong guy and its best that she divorces him or gives up the title and leaves the country.

The worst situtation will be Chris gives up his career and says yes to be a Prince or Duke,then the Swedes get to pay him salary...

I really wonder, giving him salary from Swedish taxpayers' money or leaving him alone to carry on with his biz...which option do the Swedes/Press prefer?

Unfortunately, Chris himself got the press to investigate him, when he took out an injunction against Bunte about them publishing the honeymoon photos. Bunte got angry and interested in him, what kind of a man he is. And when he had those tax debts and also the swedish press found out that, they started to investigate, if he has more troubles and something to hide. The press has been interested in his background ever since they learned that he worked for a hedge fund.

Last edited:
That is totally different matter. If Chris would have been a model like Sofia, done all same kind of "model" works like Sofia, boasted in a magazine to have kissed a male coworker of Jenna Jameson, attended a tacky reality show and sought fame in every possible way, I don't think that the king would have let Madeleine to marry him. Sofia's "she is such a sweet girl" would not have worked with a man with the same past.

Unfortunately, Chris himself got the press to investigate him, when he took out an injunction against Bunte about them publishing the honeymoon photos. Bunte got angry and interested in him, what kind of a man he is. And when he had those tax debts and also the swedish press found out that, they started to investigate, if he has more troubles and something to hide. The press has been interested in his background ever since they learned that he worked for a hedge fund.
I didn't say it was the same. I'm not sure how it would have worked if the example was as above....

Svensk Damtidning writes, that Madeleine hasn't wanted to move to Villa Parkudden in Djurgården. One of the reasons is that it was planned as a home for her and Jonas. The king decided that the villa will be changed to a house with six apartments. The maim reason is that Madeleine wants to live in the central Stockholm. According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine has said "Djurgården is too much like Central Park, and I'm tired of Central Park".

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning writes, that Madeleine hasn't wanted to move to Villa Parkudden in Djurgården. One of the reasons is that it was planned as a home for her and Jonas. The king decided that the villa will be changed to a house with six apartments. The maim reason is that Madeleine wants to live in the central Stockholm. According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine has said "Djurgården is too much like Central Park, and I'm tired of Central Park".

Two very good reasons. :sad:

What is this story about? I don't speak German.
Should Madeleine ski in her condition?

What is this story about? I don't speak German.
Should Madeleine ski in her condition?

Phrases used in the article are:
- Madeleine never seemed lonier than now on holiday in Gstaad
- The princess looks so sad it hurts ones soul
- The pictures don't show a happy holiday, but a grey and cheerless marriage-day
- A pregnant woman and mother left alone in the snow
and also mentions a fight Madeleine and Chris had in a restaurant in Stockholm and says both walk on opposite sides of the street

Not sure if we're allowed to phrase the entire article, but the above quotes should give an idea about the rest of the article

"Die aktuelle" is a non-reliable gossip magazine and don't believe what it is written.

Am I the only one who can't see the pics? The links are broken at least on my PC.

I can see pics.

Very cute, by the way.:flowers:

The pics show Madde & Leonore in the snow without Chris and refer to the swedish mags showing pics of Madde & Chris in a restaurant with Chris looking angry and both walking on different sides of the street (Madde with pram).

Phrases used in the article are:
- Madeleine never seemed lonier than now on holiday in Gstaad
- The princess looks so sad it hurts ones soul
- The pictures don't show a happy holiday, but a grey and cheerless marriage-day
- A pregnant woman and mother left alone in the snow
and also mentions a fight Madeleine and Chris had in a restaurant in Stockholm and says both walk on opposite sides of the street

Not sure if we're allowed to phrase the entire article, but the above quotes should give an idea about the rest of the article

What a nonsense is written in this article! Why would she go alone to Gstaad, where Chris studied and have friends? I think Chris is there too, or maybe he will come later... If Madeleine want to go skiing, she can make it in Sweden with her friends, family... What an idiot story. Yes, maybe they have sometimes trouble in their marriage, but who not? Only they are follow from paparazzis every time, so we can see more from their privatlife, as from an ordinary people...

What a nonsense is written in this article! Why would she go alone to Gstaad, where Chris studied and have friends? I think Chris is there too, or maybe he will come later... If Madeleine want to go skiing, she can make it in Sweden with her friends, family... What an idiot story. Yes, maybe they have sometimes trouble in their marriage, but who not? Only they are follow from paparazzis every time, so we can see more from their privatlife, as from an ordinary people...

According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine was in the Alps last weekend, even on Leonore's birthday 20th February. Of course a woman can go on a holiday without her husband although there wasn't any trouble at the marriage. It is rather strange though that Madeleine seems to be totally alone, without any friends.

Last edited:
According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine was in the Alps last weekend, even on Leonore's birthday 20th February. Of course a woman can go on a holiday without her husband although there wasn't any trouble at the marriage. It is rather strange though that Madeleine seems to be totally alone, without any friends.

It would be more than strange if Chris wasnt there on Leonore's 1th birthday.

Maybe she just want to have alone time by herself and Leonore. I think they went to Gsstad to celebrate Leonore's birthday with Chris's family and friends. Chris needs to work and I think he's trying to do more business now before their baby is born. People will find a way to criticise him.If he is walking with Madde and Leonore, someone will write and say he is so free, he is no longer working, feeding on Madde, blah and blah...

My conclusion, everything about them is always bad, it will remain so forever...

If this story were true, don't you think the swedish press ( johan t Lindwall) would of have this article in there papers about Madde and Leonore on vacation without Chris? But there's nothing, which makes me believe this story is made up.....

Poor thing I don't know much about her life before her marriage but I feel for her now. Pregnant and little one as well plus constant things being written and photos etc.
I hope her family are giving her support as this could cause postnatal depression

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The pics show Madde & Leonore in the snow without Chris and refer to the swedish mags showing pics of Madde & Chris in a restaurant with Chris looking angry and both walking on different sides of the street (Madde with pram).

The Press clearly expects Madeleine's marriage to fail in a near future. Whether there is trouble in paradise or not, the constant writing about it will certainly take a toll on her relationship with Chris.

Personally, I have doubts Chris can adapt to living in Sweden with Madeleine as I'm pretty sure Madeleine was uncomfortable living a middle-class life in New York.

They have some big hurdles to over come.I hope if there are major issues brewing they can get councilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom