The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
What was Madeleine's statement, I don't have Facebook to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
She simply stated: "I'm so happy for my brother and his wife-to-be!

Old 06-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Nobility

A year is a long time and if things are getting nasty on Facebook this early in the game I shudder to think how bad it might get. We never thought that Madeleine's first engagement might be called off but it was, I fear that this might occur for this couple as well but for different reasons.She will be under an extreme amount of pressure and scrutiny and people who don't want to see the wedding take place will be relentless.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it has all to do with the title... I don't think people want them not to be married but they'd like Sofia to remain as "Ms Bernadotte" maybe. And to stay out of spotlight. This is my opinion too. Private person= nothing to complain about
Old 06-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think it has all to do with the title... I don't think people want them not to be married but they'd like Sofia to remain as "Ms Bernadotte" maybe. And to stay out of spotlight. This is my opinion too. Private person= nothing to complain about
You are totally right. In my opinion, of course they can get married if they will be Mr and Mrs Bernadotte and move to Stenhammar or some other place in the country and don't attend at royal events or do royal duties.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that's not going to happen though... We'll see
Old 06-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah maybe they should move into a cave and never be seen again 😏

Old 06-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
You are totally right. In my opinion, of course they can get married if they will be Mr and Mrs Bernadotte and move to Stenhammar or some other place in the country and don't attend at royal events or do royal duties.
That would be the test of true love, not so?

That's what Princess Margaret ostensibly looked at - and looking, decided to walk away from Mr Townsend. Could happen again imo if the outcry is sufficient. A year is a long time. I think the deal breaker will be if someone comes forward with a story of a dalliance with Sofia while she was dating the Prince - that would put the kibosh on the whole thing.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

This week's Expressen Extra tells about Madeleine's and family's "luxury villa" = their new apartment at the Royal Mews. And Expressen has at their website a part of that article, about the renovations at their new home. Madeleine and Chris pay themselves a part and The National Property Board pays the biggest part.
Secret list: Madde's luxury villa - room by room
Hemlig lista Maddes lyxvilla – rum för rum Leva & bo Expressen
Translation
The cover of Expressen Extra
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/201...279/645@70.jpg
Old 07-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Bunte, Madeleine, Chris and Leonore were seen at the weekend at the Munich airport. They don't reveal the destination, just that they continued to the south.
Madeleine von Schweden Geheimbesuch in München! BUNTE.de
Old 07-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Courtier

Maybe they are heading for Salzburg. Eva O'Neill organizes the Amadeus Weekend there every year. Madeleine and Chris attended in 2011.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Maybe they are heading for Salzburg. Eva O'Neill organizes the Amadeus Weekend there every year. Madeleine and Chris attended in 2011.
I believe Amadeus Weekend stopped in 2012 when the founder passed away. I have seen zero news of it this year nor have I seen anything about it last year.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
I believe Amadeus Weekend stopped in 2012 when the founder passed away. I have seen zero news of it this year nor have I seen anything about it last year.
No, the Amadeus Weekend was arranged in 2013. I have posted a lot of photos of Eva O'Neill, Chris sisters and their family at the Amadeus Weekend last year to the thread The Family of Chris O'Neill.
The Family of Chris O'Neill

According to the website of the Amadeus Weekend, Eva O'Neill is the chairman of the Honorary Committee of the Weekend also this year. The website doesn't show the exact dates of the Weekend this year. So we will have to wait for photos and see if the Weekend is arranged this year.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine, Chris and Leonore are continuing their vacation in Bari, Italy. They have leased a villa with a pool. According to Expressen they pay of it 35000 SEK (3800 euros) a day.
Maddes och Chris lyxresa med Leonore Allt om resor Expressen
Отдых не по-королевски принцесса Мадлен с мужем и дочкой отдыхает на юге Италии, HELLO! Russia

Salzburg Nachrichten writes that it is rumoured that Madeleine would come to Salzburg. We will see.
Festspiele Salzburg rollt roten Teppich aus - Salzburger Nachrichten - SALZBURG.COM
Old 08-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Gosh I wish i could go south and see if I can spot them!
Old 08-08-2014, 03:47 AM
Aristocracy

I have been bashed at before for saying this, but I honestly think Chris needs to loose a bit of weight and train his abs and chest. He is becoming too chubby.

Am I the only one who fails to believe this villa costs €3800/night???? I did a simple Google search for Luxury rentals in Bari. The most expensive option (would sleep about 12 pax instead of a small family) is about €4500 a week max in high season. I think this is just another attempt to bash at Madeleine for spending too much tax money.

Cute pictures though of Madde with the baby. I wish we could see one of Chris cuddling with Leonore.

Quote:
Salzburg Nachrichten writes that it is rumoured that Madeleine would come to Salzburg. We will see.
Festspiele Salzburg rollt roten Teppich aus - Salzburger Nachrichten - SALZBURG.COM

Where in the article did you read that M&C are rumored to come?

Old 08-08-2014, 04:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
I have been bashed at before for saying this, but I honestly think Chris needs to loose a bit of weight and train his abs and chest. He is becoming too chubby.
Chris is 40 now and the body metabolism changes. Unless you are the slim/burning off type (and Chris is not), you will gain weight without doing sports AND changing your way of eating. Chris is a smoker too. He's already developing a pot belly, not very attractive.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
Where in the article did you read that M&C are rumored to come?

The last sentence.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The last sentence.

Ah yes, I missed that one!

Old 08-08-2014, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine, Chris and Leonore left Bari, they were seen at the Karol Wojtyla-airport near Bari. According to Kvällsposten, their destination was Paris. In Bari Madeleine and Chris spent most time at the 250 square meter villa and it's pool but they did also some sight seeing to archaelogical places.
Nu flyger Madde och Chris mot nya äventyr | Allt om resor | Expressen
Old 08-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.facebook.com/33813121620...type=1&theater

Leonore is such a cutie!

Tags
chris o'neill, princess leonore, princess madeleine