General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that, but it's just my personal opinion that Madeleine comes across as a little spoilt. What I was trying to say is that since Chris doesn't have a title, I do think that how his daughter got a title, duchy and monogram is a bit OTT. It would be understandable if Chris was titled, but he's not. That is all.

I think you are missing my point.

Because daughters have the same EQUAL rights have sons...it doesn't matter if Chris doesn't have a title.

Madeline has a title, and thus Lenore has a title. That's equality.

People (and not just you) have to come to terms with how this affects titles. Its like in Britian...now they are realizing how will the proposed equality will affect title succession (i.e. will a first born daughter by the new Duchess of Whatever instead of the fourth born son?). This became moot when George was born but it was and is a concern.

Last edited:
What I was trying to say is that since Chris doesn't have a title, I do think that how his daughter got a title, duchy and monogram is a bit OTT. It would be understandable if Chris was titled, but he's not. That is all.

For all you Sofia-doubters here :flowers: Chris' decision can be a precedence for when Carl Philip and Sofia marry; now sons and daughters are treated completely equal this would mean that Sofia does not have to be given a title herself for her child(ren) to be HRH's...
Even if P.Estelle will remain an only child, Carl Philip's children will be before Leonore in line to the throne

I think you are missing my point.

Because daughters have the same EQUAL rights have sons...it doesn't matter if Chris doesn't have a title.

Madeline has a title, and thus Lenore has a title. That's equality.

People (and not just you) have to come to terms with how this affects titles. Its like in Britian...now they are realizing how will the proposed equality will affect title succession (i.e. will a first born daughter by the new Duchess of Whatever instead of the fourth born son?). This became moot when George was born but it was and is a concern.

To me its not about equal rights but about fitting in with modern times when monarchies all over Europe are 'slimming down'. I personally don't think any grandchildren apart from the children of Victoria should get titles or HRH styles as its unlikely they will really ever need them.There is an heir, and she has an heir so why make the rest of the grandchildren Prince/Princess with HRH just in case Victoria has no more children or something happens to Estelle?

I actually think it would be nice if the King's grandchildren had a noble title (Duke/ Duchess) as a way of regonising their links to the King but I don't see a need or any reason for them to be HRH and Prince/Princess.
Also (take note Maddie) there is a way to have a title but still have a private life away from the media. :whistling:

I think the only reason people aren't anything about Carl Philip is because he doesn't have any children yet.

The director of the Press department, Margareta Thorgren, told to Aftonbladet that Madeleine celebrates her birthday privately. They will go back to USA where Madeleine attends at a Childhood concert on 26th June and Chris celebrates his 40th birthday on 27th. They will return to Sweden at the beginning of July. The rest of their summer plans are secret, but it is thought to be sure that they attend at Victoria's birthday concert.
Efter dop kommer ’ja må de leva’- rop Nyheter Aftonbladet

Finnish Iltalehti has interviewed Johan T. Lindwall. He said that he doesn't believe that Madeleine and Chris will move to Sweden. They say they will, but he thinks they stay in New York. It is still many years until they should move to Sweden and Lindwall thinks they will make up something else before that. The court hasn't had this kind of situation before, so they can change the rules. Maybe they say that Leonore will go to a Swedish school in New York and they will spend three years in Sweden, so that is enough. If Madeleine and Chris want to stay in New York, they will find a way to do that, thinks Lindwall.
Madeleine ei muuta Ruotsiin Kuninkaalliset Iltalehti.fi

Madeleine and Chris on Tuesday near the Royal Mews
APA-Picturedesk

Last edited:
Se & Hör attacks Chris for partying
The king's and Madde's demand: Stop partying, Chris!
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/SOH.jpg

Stoppa pressarna writes about Se & Hör article of Chris going to the restaurant with his family in the evening of their first Wedding anniversary. Se & Hör claims that Madeleine and the king don't appreciate that Chris is continuing with his wild living, even though he is now a member of the royal family, and has additionally become a father. They have demanded that the financier takes it easy with partying - at least when he is in Sweden.
Chris O’Neill bytte firande av bröllopsdag mot en helkväll på krogen Stoppa Pressarna

Svensk Damtidning's Johanna Lejon and Liv Sander speculate in their podcast why the families of Madeleine and Chris spend Sunday evening in different places? If they would have had a great time during the day, they would have continued in the evening. Why it doesn't click between queen Silvia and Eva O'Neill? They have now so much to talk about when they have a grandchild together. "Maybe it is that the other wears bandage, which queen Silvia would never wear", they think.
They speculate also why Sturehof is Chris' favourite. He and his family goes always there. That is a place when one goes when one wants to be seen. It is so easy to look from the street via the big window in to the restaurant. At Stureplan there are many much more private restaurans where the food is as good. And Madeleine used to visit those other restaurants like Teatergrillen before she moved to New York.
Avsnitt 4 – Dophatt eller bandage Svensk Damtidning

:previous: Thanks, LadyFinn.

I know Svensk Damtidning is not the most serious, let alone well-researched news organ, but are they seriously suggesting Queen Silvia and Chris O'Neil's mother is not on speaking terms due to different headgear??

As for Se & Hør, well, if the Swedish version of the magazine in any way resemble the ones in Norway and DK, I guess they use Kalla Anka (Donald Duck) as source.
However, I do think it's a bit weird the two families apparantly celebrate seperately. Has anyone come up with plausible explanation?

From the pictures of Madeleine Birthday, and the articles in Expressen and Aftonbladet, it didn't sound like Chris went with Madeleine to the castle last night for her Birthday... Yes very strange I think, there has to be something going on with these family behind the scenes..

There's a saying that comes to mind: you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your relatives - or in this case, your in-laws. ;)

:previous:How very true. Yet you can make the friends that you chose your family and have the same type of wonderful relationship that families do.

For some reason I never did think that Chris's mother and Maddie's mother would hit it off as friends.........all the pictures that I have seen of Chris's mother don't make her look to be friendly at all except with members of her family.

I don't think clothes would have anything to do with those 2 ladies, as they have more money to buy whatever clothes they want from anybody they want...jealousy over clothes doesn't make sense.

Problems behind the scenes of the families.........probably/maybe/who knows!

I thought watching the baptism there was some sort of tension with chris and Madde, I am not saying with there marriage, but there was something there. Now with the 2 families having separate party's at night I am wondering if it had to do with what Chris did putting Madde as VP in his company! Then for Madde's Birthday at the castle there was no mention of him going, and the pictures of Madde arriving she was by her self..

Chris is very close to his sisters and their families and probably doesn't get to spend that much alone time with them since his marriage, and the fact that they all live in different countries.

The idea that anyone could call him a "wild partier" because he took them all to a restaurant reunion dinner after the christening just makes me shake my head...silly beyond belief!:bang:

Perhaps Madeleine chose to stay home to give her husband some time alone with his birth family? I see nothing at all unusual or unreasonable about that. Marriage doesn't mean a couple must always be joined at the hip!

Last edited:
:previous:my thoughts exactly! Why waste your time and give those tabloid rags any clicks to keep them in business anyway:bang:they came up with the same storyline for Fred and Mary of denmark with Donald Duck as the source of course

It may also be that with all the festivities Madeline was too tired to go out and preferred to stay home with her family and Chris could take the opportunity to be with his family. There could be a perfectly logical explanation, it does not have to be some major controversy.

:previous: I agree, a quiet evening in after a pretty full on day seems pretty normal to me. The difference is that Chris went out.

However, Chris's family was there, all in one place at the same time and I wonder how often that happens. How often they get to catch up on what's going on in each other's lives. Perhaps the last time they were together was for Chris and Madeleine's wedding and I don't think there would have been a lot of time for them to spend quality time together then. Chris spending the evening with them makes total sense, at least to me.

As for wild/excess partying . . . with his mother? Really? :ROFLMAO:

Did Princess Madeleine with family leave Sweden or do they spent Midsommar in Solliden?

Next wednesday (for two days) the princess and her mother has events with World Childhood Foundation in Washington/USA.

Did Princess Madeleine with family leave Sweden or do they spent Midsommar in Solliden?

Next wednesday (for two days) the princess and her mother has events with World Childhood Foundation in Washington/USA.

Madeleine and Chris were seen last weekend in Stockholm, I haven't seen any news where they are spending the midsummer.

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 -

I suspect they have flown back to the US already. Madde and Queen Silvia have an event for Childhood on the 25th and 26th. The 27th is Chris's 40th birthday.

I hope that Chris will join the Childhood party in Washington. He is not on the royal calendar, but since this seems an informal concert with big names playing, it could be that he joins just because he likes to.

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 -

Makes sense IMO, that they have a British English speaking nanny. Maybe it is easier for a EU citizen to travel back and forth to Sweden so have part of her employment located in Sweden.
She will probably teach the kid a proper British accent.

No real news on the couple unfortunately, I am still waiting for spontaneous paparazzi photos of Chris with Leonore ;-)

No real news on the couple unfortunately, I am still waiting for spontaneous paparazzi photos of Chris with Leonore ;-)

I cannot really share your message, I am not a supporter of indiscretion from paps.

Makes sense IMO, that they have a British English speaking nanny. Maybe it is easier for a EU citizen to travel back and forth to Sweden so have part of her employment located in Sweden.
She will probably teach the kid a proper British accent.

The nanny won't need to teach little Leonore a proper Brit accent. Her father has one!;)

Article in Expressen that Madeleine will not attend the Childhood events in Washington since Leonore is sick:

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/madeleine-staller-in-resa--leonore-ar-sjuk/
http://translate.googleusercontent....-sjuk/&usg=ALkJrhiBbr-F-ABJosgVZwGxRVCCX8CQQA

(I hope the links work, it is my first time pasting links)

Would they be stuck in Sweden due to Leonore having a cold? If she would be in NY, I would think one can fly over to DC for a daytrip. How about Chris's birthday party in NYC then?

Article in Expressen that Madeleine will not attend the Childhood events in Washington since Leonore is sick:

Madeleine ställer in resa – Leonore är sjuk | Nyheter | Expressen
Madeleine sets the trip - Leonore is sick | News | Expressen

Would they be stuck in Sweden due to Leonore having a cold? If she would be in NY, I would think one can fly over to DC for a daytrip. How about Chris's birthday party in NYC then?

I read the article - if Leonore was going to Washington with her mother, it sounds like Madde is nursing.

Madeleine ställer in resa – Leonore är sjuk | Nyheter | Expressen
Madeleine sets the trip - Leonore is sick | News | Expressen

I have put this article and Aftonbladet's article to The World Childhood Foundation thread.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-the-world-childhood-foundation-14758-23.html
At Aftonbladet's article the director of the press department says that Madeleine had already packed and they should have flown from Sweden but Madeleine decided that she can't fly with a sick child.

Last edited:
I was just wondering by any chance if anyone read the news paper version of of Svensk Damtidning this week, on the cover they have a article about Madeleine and Chris birthday party?

I was just wondering by any chance if anyone read the news paper version of of Svensk Damtidning this week, on the cover they have a article about Madeleine and Chris birthday party?

Stoppa pressarna quotes Svensk Damtidning's article.
Madeleine and Chris celebrated their birthdays at Teatergrillen in Stockholm. They celebrated with Madeleine's closest friends Louise Gottlieb, Katarina von Horn, Lovisa de Geer, Emma Pernald, Ellen Dinkelspiel and their spouses.
The group toasted with cocktails, champagne and wine before the grand dinner was served shortly after 22:00. They continued to party at the neighboring restaurant Riche. Madeleine was dressed in white and wore high heels.
Prinsessan Madeleines och Chris O'Neills långa festnatt på innekrog Stoppa Pressarna

I hope little Leonore will get well soon and that her cold doesn't turn into anything too serious.
SwissRoyal, your links were fine for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom