Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Phrases used in the article are:
- Madeleine never seemed lonier than now on holiday in Gstaad
- The princess looks so sad it hurts ones soul
- The pictures don't show a happy holiday, but a grey and cheerless marriage-day
- A pregnant woman and mother left alone in the snow
and also mentions a fight Madeleine and Chris had in a restaurant in Stockholm and says both walk on opposite sides of the street

Not sure if we're allowed to phrase the entire article, but the above quotes should give an idea about the rest of the article
What a nonsense is written in this article! Why would she go alone to Gstaad, where Chris studied and have friends? I think Chris is there too, or maybe he will come later... If Madeleine want to go skiing, she can make it in Sweden with her friends, family... What an idiot story. Yes, maybe they have sometimes trouble in their marriage, but who not? Only they are follow from paparazzis every time, so we can see more from their privatlife, as from an ordinary people...

Old 02-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
What a nonsense is written in this article! Why would she go alone to Gstaad, where Chris studied and have friends? I think Chris is there too, or maybe he will come later... If Madeleine want to go skiing, she can make it in Sweden with her friends, family... What an idiot story. Yes, maybe they have sometimes trouble in their marriage, but who not? Only they are follow from paparazzis every time, so we can see more from their privatlife, as from an ordinary people...
According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine was in the Alps last weekend, even on Leonore's birthday 20th February. Of course a woman can go on a holiday without her husband although there wasn't any trouble at the marriage. It is rather strange though that Madeleine seems to be totally alone, without any friends.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Without Chris?
Old 02-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Without Chris?
Who knows was Chris there or not? Maybe we get another photos where Chris is also seen. Maybe Svensk Damtidning has some photos in next week's issue.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine was in the Alps last weekend, even on Leonore's birthday 20th February. Of course a woman can go on a holiday without her husband although there wasn't any trouble at the marriage. It is rather strange though that Madeleine seems to be totally alone, without any friends.
It would be more than strange if Chris wasnt there on Leonore's 1th birthday.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Commoner

Maybe she just want to have alone time by herself and Leonore. I think they went to Gsstad to celebrate Leonore's birthday with Chris's family and friends. Chris needs to work and I think he's trying to do more business now before their baby is born. People will find a way to criticise him.If he is walking with Madde and Leonore, someone will write and say he is so free, he is no longer working, feeding on Madde, blah and blah...

My conclusion, everything about them is always bad, it will remain so forever...
Old 02-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Commoner

If this story were true, don't you think the swedish press ( johan t Lindwall) would of have this article in there papers about Madde and Leonore on vacation without Chris? But there's nothing, which makes me believe this story is made up.....
Old 02-28-2015, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Poor thing I don't know much about her life before her marriage but I feel for her now. Pregnant and little one as well plus constant things being written and photos etc.
I hope her family are giving her support as this could cause postnatal depression

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The pics show Madde & Leonore in the snow without Chris and refer to the swedish mags showing pics of Madde & Chris in a restaurant with Chris looking angry and both walking on different sides of the street (Madde with pram).
The Press clearly expects Madeleine's marriage to fail in a near future. Whether there is trouble in paradise or not, the constant writing about it will certainly take a toll on her relationship with Chris.

Personally, I have doubts Chris can adapt to living in Sweden with Madeleine as I'm pretty sure Madeleine was uncomfortable living a middle-class life in New York.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

They have some big hurdles to over come.I hope if there are major issues brewing they can get councilling.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The Press clearly expects Madeleine's marriage to fail in a near future. Whether there is trouble in paradise or not, the constant writing about it will certainly take a toll on her relationship with Chris.

Personally, I have doubts Chris can adapt to living in Sweden with Madeleine as I'm pretty sure Madeleine was uncomfortable living a middle-class life in New York.
I agree 100% with every word.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 02-28-2015, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Sorry to say but if it happens, the press would have a significant responsibility in the pressure they put on the couple!!
Old 02-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

If a marriage is on firm ground to start with two people on the same page a couple can overcome so much up to and including the press.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

I can't see the photos, can someone post them please?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-28-2015, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
If a marriage is on firm ground to start with two people on the same page a couple can overcome so much up to and including the press.
Very well said. You just have to ignore what they say because you know the truth!!! I am sure life in New York was not easy on either of them because it was not your normal run of the mill middle class couple. Your not middle class if your wife and children are HRH Princess/Prince.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Aaah now I can see the pics. The links are broken when you use the Royal Forums app. Just use your internet browser and it will work!
Old 02-28-2015, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
in the photos of Madeleine pushing the carriage it appears to have Chris' coat on top of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh View Post
Maybe she just want to have alone time by herself and Leonore. I think they went to Gsstad to celebrate Leonore's birthday with Chris's family and friends. Chris needs to work and I think he's trying to do more business now before their baby is born. People will find a way to criticise him.If he is walking with Madde and Leonore, someone will write and say he is so free, he is no longer working, feeding on Madde, blah and blah...

My conclusion, everything about them is always bad, it will remain so forever...
Chris's family was in London I know on the 24th celebrating his nieces' birthday. But I don't think Madeleine and Chris were in attendance.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen: No one wants to rent Madde's and Chris's luxury apartment
Ingen vill hyra Maddes och Chris lyxvåning Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 03-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Expressen: No one wants to rent Madde's and Chris's luxury apartment
Ingen vill hyra Maddes och Chris lyxvåning Nyheter Expressen
Translation
TBH it's pricey and I don't see the bells-and whistles (on the interior) I would expect from a high-end place like that. Am I being picky? The possibilities are manifold why the rental is going slow. I'm not in NYC but is the market slow right now? It may just be a function of the market. Sometimes these rentals have cycles, like the spring coming up.

They should get in touch with Beatrice and Eugenie.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Majesty

To be honest, judging by the photos, this apartment doesn't seem very "upmarket" at all, more sort of lower middle class to me, and I'm no snob! But not only that but it is tiny and not what one would expect for someone of Chris's background let alone Madeleine's.

If Madeleine and Chris were living there, where did they put fit the baby buggy let alone the baby and it's additional paraphenalia? And didn't Victoria, Daniel and Estelle stay as guests, not to mention her parents? Something just doesn't seem quite right.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess leonore, princess madeleine