The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 02-14-2015, 05:38 AM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
This is amusing. Because we know that it is very sexist at it's core. If Chris had been guilty of modeling in the nude, he never would have gotten within miles of Madeleine. Or if they had an affair the king would never have given permission for a marriage. That's the way of it. That's my opinion. As it is Chris was dinged for being a 'playboy'. That someone else about to join the SRF was a 'playgirl' has not mattered one whit. Approval or not, care or not one whit about any of it, there is a double standard operating. It's interesting to watch.
I think that you need to remember that Swedish people in general (not necessarily people on these forums) think that shady bank affairs is much worse than having semi-nude pictures taken. Sex just isn't a big taboo over here, but making money in gray areas and avoiding taxes is.
__________________

  #482  
Old 02-14-2015, 06:01 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Posts: 16
I have a question here. I had read that Chris was checked by FBI and Secret Agents who were sent by the King, so what kind of check was it? If he had been doing shady biz or illegal stuff, having unclean records, so why was he allowed to marry Madde in the first place?

I worked in finance before, its a known fact that we don't have a good reputation, people run away from us, we are parasites...It is a very difficult and stressful job.

Back to topic, so is the Press or Johan from Expressen trying to prove to Madde that you have married a wrong guy and its best that she divorces him or gives up the title and leaves the country.

The worst situtation will be Chris gives up his career and says yes to be a Prince or Duke,then the Swedes get to pay him salary...

I really wonder, giving him salary from Swedish taxpayers' money or leaving him alone to carry on with his biz...which option do the Swedes/Press prefer?
__________________

  #483  
Old 02-14-2015, 06:17 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I think that you need to remember that Swedish people in general (not necessarily people on these forums) think that shady bank affairs is much worse than having semi-nude pictures taken. Sex just isn't a big taboo over here, but making money in gray areas and avoiding taxes is.
Yes, in that aspect it's the same in the Netherlands, but imo there are other cultures whose people can not even begin to grasp this

That said, the Swedish media do seem to go for Chris's affairs like pitbulls, hopefully they will soon run out of ammunition and P.Madeleine and Chris will get a chance to settle down in Europe with their kids.
  #484  
Old 02-14-2015, 07:44 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Yes, in that aspect it's the same in the Netherlands, but imo there are other cultures whose people can not even begin to grasp this

That said, the Swedish media do seem to go for Chris's affairs like pitbulls, hopefully they will soon run out of ammunition and P.Madeleine and Chris will get a chance to settle down in Europe with their kids.
Haha, exactly. Tax evasion "Meh, he just screwed up a little", Nude pictures "OH dear lord you sinful sorceress!" Hahah, that is not the way it is in Sweden (and if you say so, Netherlands). That seems twisted to me!
  #485  
Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 733
Tax Evasion is actually breaking the law while nude pictures that was taking and release with the subject approval is not illegal.

I disagree with Lady Nimue, when male nudes come out people have a laugh and it is forgotten about. When female nudes come out, the woman get call all type of names and it is never forgotten about. That is the sexism here.
  #486  
Old 02-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Tax Evasion is actually breaking the law while nude pictures that was taking and release with the subject approval is not illegal.

I disagree with Lady Nimue, when male nudes come out people have a laugh and it is forgotten about. When female nudes come out, the woman get call all type of names and it is never forgotten about. That is the sexism here.
I agree with you. Male nudes is in no way as inflammatory as female... Just an example, Prince Harry full nude vs. Kate topless. Who was blamed and who was just "having fun"?
  #487  
Old 02-14-2015, 10:24 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree with you. Male nudes is in no way as inflammatory as female... Just an example, Prince Harry full nude vs. Kate topless. Who was blamed and who was just "having fun"?
That is totally different matter. If Chris would have been a model like Sofia, done all same kind of "model" works like Sofia, boasted in a magazine to have kissed a male coworker of Jenna Jameson, attended a tacky reality show and sought fame in every possible way, I don't think that the king would have let Madeleine to marry him. Sofia's "she is such a sweet girl" would not have worked with a man with the same past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh View Post
Back to topic, so is the Press or Johan from Expressen trying to prove to Madde that you have married a wrong guy and its best that she divorces him or gives up the title and leaves the country.

The worst situtation will be Chris gives up his career and says yes to be a Prince or Duke,then the Swedes get to pay him salary...

I really wonder, giving him salary from Swedish taxpayers' money or leaving him alone to carry on with his biz...which option do the Swedes/Press prefer?
Unfortunately, Chris himself got the press to investigate him, when he took out an injunction against Bunte about them publishing the honeymoon photos. Bunte got angry and interested in him, what kind of a man he is. And when he had those tax debts and also the swedish press found out that, they started to investigate, if he has more troubles and something to hide. The press has been interested in his background ever since they learned that he worked for a hedge fund.
  #488  
Old 02-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
That is totally different matter. If Chris would have been a model like Sofia, done all same kind of "model" works like Sofia, boasted in a magazine to have kissed a male coworker of Jenna Jameson, attended a tacky reality show and sought fame in every possible way, I don't think that the king would have let Madeleine to marry him. Sofia's "she is such a sweet girl" would not have worked with a man with the same past.



Unfortunately, Chris himself got the press to investigate him, when he took out an injunction against Bunte about them publishing the honeymoon photos. Bunte got angry and interested in him, what kind of a man he is. And when he had those tax debts and also the swedish press found out that, they started to investigate, if he has more troubles and something to hide. The press has been interested in his background ever since they learned that he worked for a hedge fund.
I didn't say it was the same. I'm not sure how it would have worked if the example was as above....
  #489  
Old 02-18-2015, 02:54 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,491
The apartment in New York is still for rent, the rent has gone down and is now 6850 USD.
132 East 65th Street - Upper East Side | Stribling & Associates
  #490  
Old 02-18-2015, 02:56 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The apartment in New York is still for rent, the rent has gone down and is now 6850 USD.
132 East 65th Street - Upper East Side | Stribling & Associates
Wonder why it it hasn't been rented? Sounds great, if one had the money, of course.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #491  
Old 02-19-2015, 06:02 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,491
Svensk Damtidning writes, that Madeleine hasn't wanted to move to Villa Parkudden in Djurgården. One of the reasons is that it was planned as a home for her and Jonas. The king decided that the villa will be changed to a house with six apartments. The maim reason is that Madeleine wants to live in the central Stockholm. According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine has said "Djurgården is too much like Central Park, and I'm tired of Central Park".
  #492  
Old 02-20-2015, 01:19 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Svensk Damtidning writes, that Madeleine hasn't wanted to move to Villa Parkudden in Djurgården. One of the reasons is that it was planned as a home for her and Jonas. The king decided that the villa will be changed to a house with six apartments. The maim reason is that Madeleine wants to live in the central Stockholm. According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine has said "Djurgården is too much like Central Park, and I'm tired of Central Park".
Two very good reasons.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #493  
Old 02-28-2015, 07:57 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,491
Madeleine and Leonore in a skiing trip in Gstaad
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/6/Y14251243331837869_2.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/6/Y14251243331837869_3.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/6/Y14251243331837869_1.jpg
  #494  
Old 02-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Very sad story they have written with it...
  #495  
Old 02-28-2015, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 5,146
What is this story about? I don't speak German.
Should Madeleine ski in her condition?
  #496  
Old 02-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
What is this story about? I don't speak German.
Should Madeleine ski in her condition?
Phrases used in the article are:
- Madeleine never seemed lonier than now on holiday in Gstaad
- The princess looks so sad it hurts ones soul
- The pictures don't show a happy holiday, but a grey and cheerless marriage-day
- A pregnant woman and mother left alone in the snow
and also mentions a fight Madeleine and Chris had in a restaurant in Stockholm and says both walk on opposite sides of the street

Not sure if we're allowed to phrase the entire article, but the above quotes should give an idea about the rest of the article
  #497  
Old 02-28-2015, 09:21 AM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,086
"Die aktuelle" is a non-reliable gossip magazine and don't believe what it is written.
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
  #498  
Old 02-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Kit's Avatar
Kit Kit is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 839
Am I the only one who can't see the pics? The links are broken at least on my PC.
  #499  
Old 02-28-2015, 10:01 AM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 2,288
I can see pics.

Very cute, by the way.
  #500  
Old 02-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
The pics show Madde & Leonore in the snow without Chris and refer to the swedish mags showing pics of Madde & Chris in a restaurant with Chris looking angry and both walking on different sides of the street (Madde with pram).
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess leonore, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Madeleine, Chris and Family, Part 2: June 2015 - Marengo Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 531 Yesterday 12:59 PM
Princess Leonore and Prince Nicolas, News and Pictures Part 1: June 2014 - Baron Brockdorf Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 237 10-26-2016 06:18 PM
Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Leonore, News and Pictures Part 1: July 2003 - Alexandria Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentien and Family 147 01-29-2016 08:17 AM
General News about Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014-June 2015 An Ard Ri Current Events Archive 193 06-13-2015 05:01 PM
General Information on Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Ansgar Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 250 04-24-2014 11:04 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess beatrice hats princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde in jordan queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion royal wedding september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats time travel


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises