The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 05:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
This is amusing. Because we know that it is very sexist at it's core. If Chris had been guilty of modeling in the nude, he never would have gotten within miles of Madeleine. Or if they had an affair the king would never have given permission for a marriage. That's the way of it. That's my opinion. As it is Chris was dinged for being a 'playboy'. That someone else about to join the SRF was a 'playgirl' has not mattered one whit. Approval or not, care or not one whit about any of it, there is a double standard operating. It's interesting to watch.
I think that you need to remember that Swedish people in general (not necessarily people on these forums) think that shady bank affairs is much worse than having semi-nude pictures taken. Sex just isn't a big taboo over here, but making money in gray areas and avoiding taxes is.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:01 AM
Commoner

I have a question here. I had read that Chris was checked by FBI and Secret Agents who were sent by the King, so what kind of check was it? If he had been doing shady biz or illegal stuff, having unclean records, so why was he allowed to marry Madde in the first place?

I worked in finance before, its a known fact that we don't have a good reputation, people run away from us, we are parasites...It is a very difficult and stressful job.

Back to topic, so is the Press or Johan from Expressen trying to prove to Madde that you have married a wrong guy and its best that she divorces him or gives up the title and leaves the country.

The worst situtation will be Chris gives up his career and says yes to be a Prince or Duke,then the Swedes get to pay him salary...

I really wonder, giving him salary from Swedish taxpayers' money or leaving him alone to carry on with his biz...which option do the Swedes/Press prefer?

Old 02-14-2015, 06:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I think that you need to remember that Swedish people in general (not necessarily people on these forums) think that shady bank affairs is much worse than having semi-nude pictures taken. Sex just isn't a big taboo over here, but making money in gray areas and avoiding taxes is.
Yes, in that aspect it's the same in the Netherlands, but imo there are other cultures whose people can not even begin to grasp this

That said, the Swedish media do seem to go for Chris's affairs like pitbulls, hopefully they will soon run out of ammunition and P.Madeleine and Chris will get a chance to settle down in Europe with their kids.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Yes, in that aspect it's the same in the Netherlands, but imo there are other cultures whose people can not even begin to grasp this

That said, the Swedish media do seem to go for Chris's affairs like pitbulls, hopefully they will soon run out of ammunition and P.Madeleine and Chris will get a chance to settle down in Europe with their kids.
Haha, exactly. Tax evasion "Meh, he just screwed up a little", Nude pictures "OH dear lord you sinful sorceress!" Hahah, that is not the way it is in Sweden (and if you say so, Netherlands). That seems twisted to me!
Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Tax Evasion is actually breaking the law while nude pictures that was taking and release with the subject approval is not illegal.

I disagree with Lady Nimue, when male nudes come out people have a laugh and it is forgotten about. When female nudes come out, the woman get call all type of names and it is never forgotten about. That is the sexism here.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Tax Evasion is actually breaking the law while nude pictures that was taking and release with the subject approval is not illegal.

I disagree with Lady Nimue, when male nudes come out people have a laugh and it is forgotten about. When female nudes come out, the woman get call all type of names and it is never forgotten about. That is the sexism here.
I agree with you. Male nudes is in no way as inflammatory as female... Just an example, Prince Harry full nude vs. Kate topless. Who was blamed and who was just "having fun"?
Old 02-14-2015, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree with you. Male nudes is in no way as inflammatory as female... Just an example, Prince Harry full nude vs. Kate topless. Who was blamed and who was just "having fun"?
That is totally different matter. If Chris would have been a model like Sofia, done all same kind of "model" works like Sofia, boasted in a magazine to have kissed a male coworker of Jenna Jameson, attended a tacky reality show and sought fame in every possible way, I don't think that the king would have let Madeleine to marry him. Sofia's "she is such a sweet girl" would not have worked with a man with the same past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh View Post
Back to topic, so is the Press or Johan from Expressen trying to prove to Madde that you have married a wrong guy and its best that she divorces him or gives up the title and leaves the country.

The worst situtation will be Chris gives up his career and says yes to be a Prince or Duke,then the Swedes get to pay him salary...

I really wonder, giving him salary from Swedish taxpayers' money or leaving him alone to carry on with his biz...which option do the Swedes/Press prefer?
Unfortunately, Chris himself got the press to investigate him, when he took out an injunction against Bunte about them publishing the honeymoon photos. Bunte got angry and interested in him, what kind of a man he is. And when he had those tax debts and also the swedish press found out that, they started to investigate, if he has more troubles and something to hide. The press has been interested in his background ever since they learned that he worked for a hedge fund.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
That is totally different matter. If Chris would have been a model like Sofia, done all same kind of "model" works like Sofia, boasted in a magazine to have kissed a male coworker of Jenna Jameson, attended a tacky reality show and sought fame in every possible way, I don't think that the king would have let Madeleine to marry him. Sofia's "she is such a sweet girl" would not have worked with a man with the same past.

Unfortunately, Chris himself got the press to investigate him, when he took out an injunction against Bunte about them publishing the honeymoon photos. Bunte got angry and interested in him, what kind of a man he is. And when he had those tax debts and also the swedish press found out that, they started to investigate, if he has more troubles and something to hide. The press has been interested in his background ever since they learned that he worked for a hedge fund.
I didn't say it was the same. I'm not sure how it would have worked if the example was as above....
Old 02-18-2015, 02:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

The apartment in New York is still for rent, the rent has gone down and is now 6850 USD.
132 East 65th Street - Upper East Side | Stribling & Associates
Old 02-18-2015, 02:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The apartment in New York is still for rent, the rent has gone down and is now 6850 USD.
132 East 65th Street - Upper East Side | Stribling & Associates
Wonder why it it hasn't been rented? Sounds great, if one had the money, of course.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning writes, that Madeleine hasn't wanted to move to Villa Parkudden in Djurgården. One of the reasons is that it was planned as a home for her and Jonas. The king decided that the villa will be changed to a house with six apartments. The maim reason is that Madeleine wants to live in the central Stockholm. According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine has said "Djurgården is too much like Central Park, and I'm tired of Central Park".
Old 02-20-2015, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Svensk Damtidning writes, that Madeleine hasn't wanted to move to Villa Parkudden in Djurgården. One of the reasons is that it was planned as a home for her and Jonas. The king decided that the villa will be changed to a house with six apartments. The maim reason is that Madeleine wants to live in the central Stockholm. According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine has said "Djurgården is too much like Central Park, and I'm tired of Central Park".
Two very good reasons.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Leonore in a skiing trip in Gstaad
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/6/Y14251243331837869_2.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/6/Y14251243331837869_3.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/6/Y14251243331837869_1.jpg
Old 02-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very sad story they have written with it...
Old 02-28-2015, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

What is this story about? I don't speak German.
Should Madeleine ski in her condition?
Old 02-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
What is this story about? I don't speak German.
Should Madeleine ski in her condition?
Phrases used in the article are:
- Madeleine never seemed lonier than now on holiday in Gstaad
- The princess looks so sad it hurts ones soul
- The pictures don't show a happy holiday, but a grey and cheerless marriage-day
- A pregnant woman and mother left alone in the snow
and also mentions a fight Madeleine and Chris had in a restaurant in Stockholm and says both walk on opposite sides of the street

Not sure if we're allowed to phrase the entire article, but the above quotes should give an idea about the rest of the article
Old 02-28-2015, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

"Die aktuelle" is a non-reliable gossip magazine and don't believe what it is written.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Am I the only one who can't see the pics? The links are broken at least on my PC.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can see pics.

Very cute, by the way.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The pics show Madde & Leonore in the snow without Chris and refer to the swedish mags showing pics of Madde & Chris in a restaurant with Chris looking angry and both walking on different sides of the street (Madde with pram).

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess leonore, princess madeleine