Princess Madeleine has answered to seven questions from journalists over the past year in connection with official activities.
Here are all the answers Princess Madeleine has given to journalists' questions during the past year in connection with public activities:
The visit in Gävle 2015-02-02:
- Thank you, it feels crazy! (Of pregnant belly)
- It feels great, of course. (Of pregnant belly)
- It is the first of all so fun to be back here in Gästrikland. It has been a fantastic day with many impressions. Many interesting meetings.
- No problem, but can't we take one big picture? It will be easier so. (For the photographers.)
- We'll meet again. (To the press call-up)
- Yes, yes. (When asked if she plans to continue working with Childhood Foundation)
Preference for the organization My Big Day 2015-01-20:
- It was rewarding and interesting to meet Hélène Benno today and get an update on My Big Day and the important work they do to delight seriously ill children.
Princess Madeleine's other statements in connection with the last year's public activities, which have been quoted in the media:
The visit in Gävle 2015-02-02:
- You will be the stars everyone. (For singers in Helges Allstars)
Swedish Academy's official ceremonial meeting 2014-12-20:
- Merry Christmas! (To the spectators at the Stock Exchange)
Global Citizens concert in Central Park, New York 2014-09-27:
- How wonderful to be here with all of you. We in Childhood Foundation believe that every child deserves the right to have a childhood free from sexual abuse and exploitation. I want to introduce you to someone who listens to these children and give them a voice. Welcome my mother Queen Silvia! (To the audience)
Princess Leonore's baptism 2014-06-08:
- I want to thank all who come here to celebrate today. (To the audience after baptism)
- No, my God! (When Princess Leonore got a foal from Gotland inhabitants)
Period of Study 2014-02-05 to 2015-02-05.
Aftonbladet reviewed Madeleine's public appearances in the past year in the media archive Retriever. It turns out that she hasn't given a single interview in connection with these performances.
We also examined how often the three royal children have conducted official activities in the past year, according to the royal calendar. Crown Princess Victoria had eight times the number of program items and Prince Carl Philip four times more activities than Princess Madeleine, who participated in a total of 21 activities.
Even when it comes to activities on American soil Princess Madeleine is not first. Crown Princess Victoria completed three program activities in the United States, Princess Madeleine two.
Prinsessans årsfacit sju svar till reportrar Nyheter Aftonbladet
Margareta Thorgren says that Madeleine has been on a maternity leave and that's why she has so few work events. She has lived in the US, it is obviously harder to make official missions in Sweden. Now the princess is pregnant with her second child, which means that she will naturally have fewer official missions this year. Because she lived in USA, it is hard to give interviews but she gave an interview to "The Year with the Royal Family" and has given an interview about Childhood. About that royal expert Sten Hedman said that Madeleine is shy, Thorgren said that most people can not put themselves in the massive coverage that is around the royal family around the clock. The media image around the princess has had a negative impact. That is why it is so important in Thorgren's role to establish good relations with the media. Thorgren said that if the media and P4 Gävleborg had asked for an interview before Madeleine went to Gävle, maybe it could have been arranged.
Aftonbladet asks; On June 10, 2014 - almost 8 months ago - Aftonbladet reporter Kerstin Weigl made a serious request to get an interview with Princess Madeleine. We have repeatedly encountered and not yet received a response to the inquiry - why not?
- We get incredible number of requests. We answer queries and take them continuously. This inquiry from Aftonbladet, we see as at the stock, which means that we know that Aftonbladet and many more are interested in interviewing Princess Madeleine. But once again the princess was on maternity leave and lived abroad with the time zone difference. That is one reason that there has not been some interviews.
We would like to ask some questions to Princess Madeleine today. Is there any possibility to it?
- Today has been a great deal of work for the information department to handle. I will handle your inquiry when I have dealt with today's media affairs. Many of your colleagues have done interview requests.
Hovet Hon har varit mammaledig Nyheter Aftonbladet
Thorgren must have quite a headache, maybe she realises only now that they are doing a lousy work at the court. They should themselves have reserved time to Madeleine's trip to Gävle and offer time for the reporters to interview Madeleine. And the answer to Aftonbladet's request for an interview is very bad. They have had 8 months to answer to it. Aftonbladet's reporter had surely gone to USA to interview Madeleine.
The press in Sweden got used to that Victoria worked after Estelle's birth although she was on a maternity leave in about 60 events until February 2013, maybe they thought that Madeleine would work more, but she has done only 21. Charlotte Brandin from Childhood said to Svensk Damtidning in November that Madeleine hasn't worked much for Childhood after Leonore's birth, since "one has to have time to be a mother".
It is also interesting that Aftonbladet has done this article, they write quite little about the royal family nowadays, unlike Expressen.