Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

On the cover of Expressen
The document shows
Madeleine's and Chris' secret purchase of home with 15 millions
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/d6/...aa1/502@70.jpg

SwissRoyal was right, they didn't live in so small apartment.

Article in Expressen
Princess Madeleine and Chris have had in fact two luxury apartments in the same building in New York, according to documents Expressen taken note of. A larger home they rented - and a smaller, private apartment valued at around 16 million.
- The couple lived in a rented apartment that they have now left. They have privately invested in another smaller apartment that they never lived in, said Margareta Thorgren from the press department.
Now it turns out that the family lived in a large rented three-room apartment of 130 square meters - and had a deuce of 70 square meters in the same house.
The smaller apartment is formally owned by the company Warwick International LLC and Chris O'Neill has signed all the documents. This is evidenced by documents from New York's real estate registry, which Expressen taken note of.
- They have denounced the rented apartment. They have emptied both it and the apartment they own, which is now under rental.
Thorgren would not comment on the company Warwick International and its activities - nor why the couple chooses to use a company owning the apartment.
- The court doesn't comment other questions about the private apartment just because it is a private investment, she says.
According to the documents Warwick International LLC bought the apartment on 1 November 2013 for 1.87 million dollars, nearly 15 million SEK. Chris O'Neill signed the documents.
Madeleines och Chris två lyxlyor i New York Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Old 01-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, just like I thought!

Thanks LadyFinn for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 01-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm curious as to why any of this should matter, would even be 'news'.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I'm curious as to why any of this should matter, would even be 'news'.
Everything regarding the royals is news. At Affärsvärlden (Business World) newspaper:
Princess Madeleine leases out luxury apartment in New York
Princess Madeleine and her husband Chris O'Neill have secretly bought an apartment in Manhattan, New York City which the couple now rent out for just over 60 000 per month.
Prinsessan Madeleine hyr ut lyxlyan i New York - Affärsvärlden
Old 01-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Expressen Madeleine and Chris have planned their move for quite a long time. They put on 30th September last year the rented apartment they lived to be rented again. They paid 95 000 per month for their accommodation in New York - a total of over 1 million SEK in one year.
- It is still not clear where in Europe they will be staying. Right now the base is Stockholm and will be so for some time. They plans to move have existed ever since the summer. The couple has looked at various options and has now left New York. Now it is the Stockholm that applies, and then we will see ahead. It is not yet decided where the couple will reside. When we have more information we will communicate it, says Margareta Thorgren from the press department.
Was it in September as Madeleine and Chris were told that they will become parents again and then tooked the decision to rent out their apartment?
- No, no, absolutely not. It does not have to do with it, says Thorgren.
Madeleine planerade flytten redan i somras Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 01-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Everything regarding the royals is news. At Affärsvärlden (Business World) newspaper:
Princess Madeleine leases out luxury apartment in New York
Princess Madeleine and her husband Chris O'Neill have secretly bought an apartment in Manhattan, New York City which the couple now rent out for just over 60 000 per month.
Prinsessan Madeleine hyr ut lyxlyan i New York - Affärsvärlden
This was not a secret real estate sale, the tabloid was able to find public documents, I assume , about the sale. Many foreigners invest in apartments in New York and rent them out. That is one of the reasons the prices are so high. That is not a high price for a NYC apartment, btw.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
This was not a secret real estate sale, the tabloid was able to find public documents, I assume , about the sale. Many foreigners invest in apartments in New York and rent them out. That is one of the reasons the prices are so high. That is not a high price for a NYC apartment, btw.
Well, for the tabloids everything is secret, if it isn't told to them or at a press release.

Expressen's Johan T Lindwall writes that Madeleine has longed for a long time back to Sweden to be close to her family. But according to information given to Expressen, Chris doesn't want to live permanently in Sweden because of his work. Madeleine and Chris got to a compromise solution when they left New York. Removal goods will not go to Stockholm. Instead, the couple has viewed three cities: Paris, London and Gstaad.
According to Expressen's sources London is in the current situation most current place of the future residence.
- Nothing is decided yet. They have taken the decision to move to Europe and then we'll see where it gets, says Margareta Thorgren from the press department.
Chris, who works with financial investments to other affluent people doesn't believe that he would be able to manage his business in a satisfactory way from Sweden.
- We can not comment on that information, says Thorgren.
Lindwall writes also that if Madeleine wants to be at Carl Philip's wedding, she must be in Sweden and Stockholm in June and that means in practice that even birth will now take place in Sweden - something that neither Madeleine and Chris had seen as obvious from beginning.
Will princess Madeleine give birth in Sweden?
- It is not yet decided. We will return to that, says Thorgren.
Därför vill Chris O'Neill inte bo i Sverige Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 01-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Chris feels more comfortable in London or NY. Maybe because there is less attention on them, he doesn't seem to be relaxed with paparazzis around.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:09 AM
Aristocracy

I do not believe they seriously consider Paris or Gstaad, I think the press made that up:

Paris - language issues, no family or friend connections, kids would have to go to an international school
Gstaad - essentially a tourist ski & summer resort. Nice place, but no good airport connections at all. No business scene and no entertainment options. Same language issues as for Paris.

I bet they will move to London. They will not stay in Sweden as both like to live a private life.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Doesn't chris have property or family that live in Gstaad? I thought i read they go there quite a bit. Though I reckon they'll end up in London. Its close to Sweden, lots of flights in and out, its very business orientated like NY for Chris, no language issues and I think it will be easier for the King and Queen or Victoria and Daniel to find excuses to visit more, I don't mean this badly and I know the RF have links to France but I think there is probably more reasons fr the RF to visit London that Paris of Gstaad. The Queen of Denmark does every year. Of course they will visit privately too but a few working visits her and there as well.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Doesn't chris have property or family that live in Gstaad? I thought i read they go there quite a bit. Though I reckon they'll end up in London. Its close to Sweden, lots of flights in and out, its very business orientated like NY for Chris, no language issues and I think it will be easier for the King and Queen or Victoria and Daniel to find excuses to visit more, I don't mean this badly and I know the RF have links to France but I think there is probably more reasons fr the RF to visit London that Paris of Gstaad. The Queen of Denmark does every year. Of course they will visit privately too but a few working visits her and there as well.
Chris's sister Natascha Abensperg und Traun and her family live at a castle in Maissau, Austria. According to swedish press Eva O'Neill also has a castle in Austria, but I don't know if that is true.

Chris has had some business in Gstaad. Chris's bestman and very good friend Cedric Notz lives in Gstaad. Cedric's girlfriend Andrea Engsäll (a very good friend of Victoria and Madeleine) visits Cedric very often, Andrea lives still in Stockholm. Madeleine's friend Sofi Fahrman lives in Switzerland.
Madeleine and Andrea in Gstaad in the beginning of September, the men were in the bank.
http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch...ach-geburtstag
Old 01-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

The swedish gossip press writes again negative things of Chris, they are interested to dig news on his past. But not Sofia's.

Stoppa pressarna quotes Hänt Extra
Friend's betrayal of Madeleine - Had a Love Night with Chris
According to Hänt Extra Chris has had an intimate relationship with Madeleine's ​​close friend, with whom Madeleine had spent intensive time together for a while. But just weeks before the wedding of Madeleine and Chris the bomb was released: the friend and Chris had previously had a connection.
An insider tells that the news came as a shock to Madeleine, and that she does not see the former friend anymore.
- Madde was very disappointed that no one told her.
The short relationship has occurred before Madeleine and Chris met, but it did not prevent the princess from reacting. The former friend is, according to a close source sad that the situation has become "very mad":
- She's obviously sorry that what happened between her and Chris were kept secret and did not immediately come to light when Madde began dating the businessman.
Vännens svek mot Madeleine – hade kärleksnatt med Chris
Old 01-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

So, distilling all that: "Woman learns that before she even met him her now-husband had a one night stand with a woman who was a friend of hers at the time, and she threw a hissy fit because she thinks someone should have told her and she now won't talk to her former friend".

Slow news day in Sweden?
Old 01-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The swedish gossip press writes again negative things of Chris, they are interested to dig news on his past. But not Sofia's.

Stoppa pressarna quotes Hänt Extra
Friend's betrayal of Madeleine - Had a Love Night with Chris
According to Hänt Extra Chris has had an intimate relationship with Madeleine's ​​close friend, with whom Madeleine had spent intensive time together for a while. But just weeks before the wedding of Madeleine and Chris the bomb was released: the friend and Chris had previously had a connection.
An insider tells that the news came as a shock to Madeleine, and that she does not see the former friend anymore.
- Madde was very disappointed that no one told her.
The short relationship has occurred before Madeleine and Chris met, but it did not prevent the princess from reacting. The former friend is, according to a close source sad that the situation has become "very mad":
- She's obviously sorry that what happened between her and Chris were kept secret and did not immediately come to light when Madde began dating the businessman.
Vännens svek mot Madeleine – hade kärleksnatt med Chris

They try in every way to make them leave Sweden
Old 01-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Sheesh! Are the gutter press papers having a contest to see who can come up with the lowest bit of dirt that will break up the couple?!?!?!?!?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madde's and Chris's Unknown tax debt
Chris is called to pay several tax debts in the USA. The state of New York has issued a "warrant". In total there are about debts of almost 350 000 SEK.
Even Madeleine is responsible for payment of debts when she, according to the court, is co-owner of the apartment.
Madeleine and Chris have not paid the property taxes for their apartment in New York since its purchase in 2013, according to the German magazine Bunte. It appears from the documents from New York City's tax office.
The court confirmed earlier that the apartment is a private investment for the couple. The property tax that must be paid quarterly but hasn't been paid since Chris, through the company Warwick International LLC bought it.

Bunte says that Chris has problems in several places in USA. In total, there are three different tax debts of SEK 350 000 (37000 euros, 43000 USD).
In addition to the apartment is a tax for the summer house in Florida. The debt amounts to 264 000 SEK. The house is owned by Bahama Beach Holdings LLC, according to American documents signed by Chris. The tax debt was at the beginning 233 000, but after interest and fees, it is now more than 264 000 SEK.
- These debts don't burden the person behind the business (Bahama Beach Holdings LLC and Warwick International LLC). With the LLC company, you are thus not responsible for any outside activity itself, says Jakalow.
The third tax liability against Chris is directed at him personally. It is a private tax debt that has made New York State to proceed legally against him.
According to documents in Bunte, confirmed by Expressen, Chris has unpaid taxes from 2010 over 65 000 SEK.
New York State has, therefore, December 8, issued a "warrant".
"A warrant is a judgment that makes an individual's financial assets to a lien. It allows us to seize assets and appropriating income", informs the tax authority spokesman Geoffrey Gloak to Expressen.

Chris has since 8 December resided in Sweden. Margareta Thorgren from the press department:
- We at court do not comment on Chris O'Neill's private affairs.
But Princess Madeleine is half owner of the apartment which also lack the paid property taxes?
- As previously announced, the apartment in New York is a private investment that has nothing with the princess's official duties to do.
Maddes och Chris okända skatteskuld Nyheter Expressen
Translation

The cover of Expressen
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/6b/...2d8/502@70.jpg¨

The article in Bunte
Madeleine of Sweden & Chris O'Neill trouble with the tax! BUNTE.de
Old 01-22-2015, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good Grief!! First off, the Press Officer needs to either say no comment until we have more information, the smart thing, or keep making things worse by continuing to go down the route she's taking. By saying this has nothing to do w/them because it has nothing to do w/HRH's official duties is either being naive, stupid or both!!

Second...Could these two be more idiotic!?! Did they really think just because the rentals were under the names of these "Companies" they wouldn't get nailed for not paying the taxes on these properties? And in the US of all places too?

I just...*shaking head in disbelief*

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-22-2015, 04:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Good Grief!! First off, the Press Officer needs to either say no comment until we have more information, the smart thing, or keep making things worse by continuing to go down the route she's taking. By saying this has nothing to do w/them because it has nothing to do w/HRH's official duties is either being naive, stupid or both!!

Second...Could these two be more idiotic!?! Did they really think just because the rentals were under the names of these "Companies" they wouldn't get nailed for not paying the taxes on these properties? And in the US of all places too?

I just...*shaking head in disbelief*
I agree. And Chris isn't stupid, or at least I thought he isn't. He should have known that especially Bunte would dig in everything they can because he made an injunction against Bunte about them publishing their honeymoon photos.
According to the swedish press Chris has money, so he should have paid his taxes.

Expressen has "Breaking News" live-TV. Royal expert Sten Hedman says that it would be good if Chris would come out and say something. And it isn't so big money in question, Chris shouldn't have done like this, it isn't very ethical. Hedman also says that he thinks that there are many people in Sweden who think that is Chris the right person for Madeleine. Chris hasn't come close to the people. He doesn't live a royal life, he likes to go to the restaurants with his friends. He has a background that could help him as the husband of a princess. Hedman says that Daniel is so skilled, from the speech at the wedding to how he works. He has impressed Hedman and most people in Sweden. According to Hedman Chris could learn from Daniel.
PR-expert Paul Ronge says that if Madeleine and Chris would like to live in Sweden, they should come more close to the swedish people. And that is done via the swedish media. One should come out also in a difficult situation like this. He highlights twice that Chris's tax debt is bigger than the yearly income of many Swedes. Chris should learn how the swedish media works. Ronge says that the thing that Madeleine and Chris are seen as people living in luxury is a smaller problem for the court than to Madeleine and Chris. Ronge says that he doesn't know if Chris or the court will have a press conference about this tax case. Chris should come out and show that he takes this seriously, that he respects the swedish people. That would give a positive impression.
Ronge says that he doesn't know enough to estimate if the PR-work of the court has changed. Victoria and Daniel are very good in PR, have been for a long time. They are really professional and real. They are skilled and well balanced and don't talk about everything in their private life.
A woman, a communications expert says that the court has during the last years been very open and given a lot of digital and other material about the weddings and christenings. And Madeleine has a very active Facebook. But now the court has said to the Expressen's questions about the taxes that they don't comment. That isn't good, one should not close doors immediately when something unpleasant comes out.
Johan T Lindwall says that he thinks that there will be a meeting today at the Royal Palace and the king will react very strongly. This is incredibly stupid of Chris, one does not do things like this when one is married to a princess. This is not good news at all. Chris has made his choice. He married Madeleine and because of that is a member of the royal family and that brings responsibilities.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:11 AM
Courtier

Another thing: Even if the tax debt is bigger than a yearly income to many of us here in Sweden, it's pocket money for Chris. Not paying his taxes is increadibly stupid. Of course he can afford it - he just doesn't want to. And that is the biggest problem. If they actually had problems paying their debts, I Think that most people would understand them/Chris. Now they/he just comes off as being ignorant.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Another thing: Even if the tax debt is bigger than a yearly income to many of us here in Sweden, it's pocket money for Chris. Not paying his taxes is increadibly stupid. Of course he can afford it - he just doesn't want to. And that is the biggest problem. If they actually had problems paying their debts, I Think that most people would understand them/Chris. Now they/he just comes off as being ignorant.
I think that people think that he is just like all rich people, they think they can do what they want. We will see if there will be comments like "will the tax debts be paid from the apanage?" Because a lot of people don't know how the apanage is used.

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess leonore, princess madeleine