The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
Could it be that this is just an office address/ 1-bedroom place for the nanny and that they also own a larger place in the building?

I love the Hermes blanket BTW ;-)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
The court writes: "Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill have left their rented apartment in New York. They intend to find new accommodation in Europe".
Why would the court write something like that if they own another apartment in the building?

Old 12-31-2014, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Leonore is too cute for words.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The court writes: "Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill have left their rented apartment in New York. They intend to find new accommodation in Europe".

Why would the court write something like that if they own another apartment in the building?

No idea LadyFinn, I am just really surprised this is where they live with a small baby. They moved in after she got pregnant, so they must have known they would live there with a baby. Don't you think the interior is very male? (Maybe except for the bedroom)

Old 12-31-2014, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

I suspect its simply a picture Maddie took when they were out somewhere and later decided to use it for New Year, I suspect it wasn't taken specifically for that purpose.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
No idea LadyFinn, I am just really surprised this is where they live with a small baby. They moved in after she got pregnant, so they must have known they would live there with a baby. Don't you think the interior is very male? (Maybe except for the bedroom)

The interior is easily like that when you have taken away all the photos and other stuff which would reveal who lives in the apartment.

"They have already cleared the apartment and given notice with the rental contract", said Margareta Thorgren to Aftonbladet.
Inget slott – men väl en lya för en sessa Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 12-31-2014, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

They may also be old photos, they didn't move in all that long ago and given the attention/interest around Maddie and Chris its possible the pictures from when they moved in where used. I doubt they've had to make anything but superficial changes to the interior.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
They may also be old photos, they didn't move in all that long ago and given the attention/interest around Maddie and Chris its possible the pictures from when they moved in where used. I doubt they've had to make anything but superficial changes to the interior.
The building was ready in the summer 2013, so probably Madeleine and Chris moved to an empty apartment. I don't see them moving to a furnished apartment, that would be a real surprise for me.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I suspect its simply a picture Maddie took when they were out somewhere and later decided to use it for New Year, I suspect it wasn't taken specifically for that purpose.
That's what I was thinking and that Madeleine likely chose it mainly for Lenore's cuteness in the photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
News years greetings from the Madeleine, Chris and Leonore
https://m.facebook.com/PrincessMadel...ce=46&refid=17
Lenore is a cutie-pie!
Old 12-31-2014, 11:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
7900 US dollars a month for a 70-square-meter apartment ? They should definitely move back to Sweden !
It makes sense that they leave now. If the apartement was really only 70sm then that's really small for a family, at least for european standards. In Europe people live as a couple in 70sm, if not already considered too small. Families who have good salaries will rent at least 150sm when 2 children are around.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
That's what I was thinking and that Madeleine likely chose it mainly for Lenore's cuteness in the photo.
I imagine it was taken during the walk in Stockholm a little bit ago.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
To be honest I don't think Maddie and her family have that much money lying around to afford a mega sized apartment in New York(I don't know how wealthy Chris is). I think to be honest a small apartment in the posh part of town fits with Maddie and Chris' wish to have a relatively quiet life.
What will be interesting is to see where they move to and what sort of place they buy/rent there.
According to Wikipedia, King Carl XVI Gustaf's personal wealth was estimated at 42 million US dollars in 2011. Just as a comparison, the Wikipedia figures for Queen Elizabeth II and then Queen Beatrix in the same year were 450 and 200 million respectively.

In any case, although Madeleine's family may be personally not very wealthy, I assume that, as a princess of Sweden, she grew up in far more comfortable accomodations than a 70 square-meter apartment. After all, even though the royal palaces are actually owned by the Swedish State, they are at the disposal of the King and the Royal Family.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Lenore is a cutie-pie!
I was just about to post the same thing . Leonore is adorable and I like how Madeleine releases photos of her on Facebook fairly regularly.

It will be interesting to see where abouts in Europe Madeleine, Chris and Leonore (and Leonore's sibling) will end up living. At the moment, I think Stockholm and London are the most likely options. If they decide to not live in Sweden or England, I wonder if they will live in another country in Scandinavia/The UK or somewhere different.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-01-2015, 03:09 AM
Aristocracy

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 -

Sorry, but I just can't believe that this 1-bedroom place is where they lived in NYC. I really think this is a business address or a place for the nanny.

- they moved into the Touraine in Nov 2013. Why move into a 1-br place if you are having a baby?
- they rented Sutton Place for $10k, why go down in rent?
- Sutton Place had lots more space and 2 bedrooms, why go down in space?
- The apartment looks very male to me and nothing in the interior reminds of a baby living there.

The only thing that matches is that this is also the mailing address of Chris's companies.

I hope John T Lindwall from Expressen will go after this, they seem to have a good detective nose.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-01-2015, 03:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The only thing that matches is that this is also the mailing address of Chris's companies.

I hope John T Lindwall from Expressen will go after this, they seem to have a good detective nose.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Which of Chris's companies? Can you give the link?
Lindwall's name was at the Expressen article yesterday, so maybe he has done some check already. The court could also have said at their press release that the information told in the press about the apartment is wrong. Because the information that they were living in 70 square meters could make the reporters to dig why they were living in such a small apartment, are they having money problems? Is Chris working at all?
The broker of the apartment didn't want to comment about the rental to Aftonbladet. He could of course also have said that the apartment is not princess Madeleine's and have ended the swedish press interest and calling to him.

Margareta Thorgren to Aftonbladet:
- They will now be based in Stockholm.
The couple plan to buy a home in Europe eventually, but the court states that they are not in a hurry.
- It depends to some extent on that they are having their second child. That makes that you have to wait a little extra. They are at home in Stockholm right now and feel no panic to move.
It has previously been speculated that the family moves to London, but Thorgren would not comment on which cities the pair could move to.
They may end up in Sweden?
- Nothing is decided yet. But of course, Sweden is not excluded.
The family is now in Stockholm and will celebrate New Year with family.
Thorgren ends with a greeting from the entire royal family:
- The family looks forward to the new year. Many positive things are happening regarding family events, such as wedding, new family members and baptism, but also regarding their active work for Sweden.
Madeleine och Chris återvänder till Stockholm Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 01-01-2015, 05:28 AM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=LadyFinn;1736109]
[\QUOTE]

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Cor...egisteredAgent

you can search for his name and will find the mailing address of the companies.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

[QUOTE=SwissRoyal;1736120]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
[\QUOTE]

Search by Officer or Registered Agent

you can search for his name and will find the mailing address of the companies.

Thank you. And why do you think that he couldn't get his business post to his home address? Especially when he has more companies and not all of them has his home address as the mailing address. It feels odd that he would have an office with a furnished bedroom.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:04 AM
Commoner

I think its a misquote, the apartment is70sq meters~753square feet. So it can be a 2 or 3rm apt.

From the look of the entrance(there was a pic taken when Madde left the building to Sweden for Leonore's baptism), thr bldg looks like The Touraine in Manhattan. I do a check on the rentals for The Touraine, for US7900 and below u can rent a 3.5rm apt.

I think Johan Lindwall is not reliable at all.Some stuff he mentioned in his articles can be taken with a grain of salt especially on Madde&Chris
The companies that was owned by Chris have mailing add. in Palm Beach. Where was it stated that his home is the mailing add.?

JMO.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh View Post
I think its a misquote, the apartment is70sq meters~753square feet. So it can be a 2 or 3rm apt.

From the look of the entrance(there was a pic taken when Madde left the building to Sweden for Leonore's baptism), thr bldg looks like The Touraine in Manhattan. I do a check on the rentals for The Touraine, for US7900 and below u can rent a 3.5rm apt.

I think Johan Lindwall is not reliable at all.Some stuff he mentioned in his articles can be taken with a grain of salt especially on Madde&Chris
The companies that was owned by Chris have mailing add. in Palm Beach. Where was it stated that his home is the mailing add.?

JMO.
Here, Wilton Partners Palm Beach, LLC
Detail by Officer/Registered Agent Name¨

Yes, the swedish press has told that they live in The Touraine.
I guess these are the photos you mean, Madeleine and Chris leaving from the Touraine:
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/38/...4x3/965@70.jpg
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/fa/...4x3/965@70.jpg
The Touraine
http://cdn-img2.streeteasy.com/nyc/i...6/25230146.jpg
Old 01-01-2015, 07:18 AM
Commoner

^^I referred to an Expressen article by Tomas and the interview he had with Chris, the companies he mentioned were Wilton Payments and Bulgaria Investments and both had mailing addresses in Palm Beach. (Ref to Sunbiz.org) . I don't think he will list a rented place as the mailing add bcos they know that very soon they will have to leave and find another place to reside. It makes sense too bcos these companies were registered in Aug 2013 and he has a home in Palm Beach.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:40 AM
Aristocracy

Other companies in his name have The Touraine apt as the mailing address. I choose not to give further details as this would invade their privacy, but you can find it via the link I provided before.
If you then search for the realtor listing of their apt, you will see it is a 1-bedroom apartment only.

I still find it odd they live there. I believe it is Chris's office address and maybe an extra bedroom for guests or the nanny.

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess leonore, princess madeleine