General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Press clearly expects Madeleine's marriage to fail in a near future. Whether there is trouble in paradise or not, the constant writing about it will certainly take a toll on her relationship with Chris.

Personally, I have doubts Chris can adapt to living in Sweden with Madeleine as I'm pretty sure Madeleine was uncomfortable living a middle-class life in New York.

I agree 100% with every word.:sad:

Sorry to say but if it happens, the press would have a significant responsibility in the pressure they put on the couple!!

If a marriage is on firm ground to start with two people on the same page a couple can overcome so much up to and including the press.

I can't see the photos, can someone post them please?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

If a marriage is on firm ground to start with two people on the same page a couple can overcome so much up to and including the press.

Very well said. You just have to ignore what they say because you know the truth!!! I am sure life in New York was not easy on either of them because it was not your normal run of the mill middle class couple. Your not middle class if your wife and children are HRH Princess/Prince.

Aaah now I can see the pics. The links are broken when you use the Royal Forums app. Just use your internet browser and it will work!

According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine was in the Alps last weekend, even on Leonore's birthday 20th February. Of course a woman can go on a holiday without her husband although there wasn't any trouble at the marriage. It is rather strange though that Madeleine seems to be totally alone, without any friends.

in the photos of Madeleine pushing the carriage it appears to have Chris' coat on top of it.

Maybe she just want to have alone time by herself and Leonore. I think they went to Gsstad to celebrate Leonore's birthday with Chris's family and friends. Chris needs to work and I think he's trying to do more business now before their baby is born. People will find a way to criticise him.If he is walking with Madde and Leonore, someone will write and say he is so free, he is no longer working, feeding on Madde, blah and blah...

My conclusion, everything about them is always bad, it will remain so forever...

Chris's family was in London I know on the 24th celebrating his nieces' birthday. But I don't think Madeleine and Chris were in attendance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expressen: No one wants to rent Madde's and Chris's luxury apartment
Ingen vill hyra Maddes och Chris lyxvåning Nyheter Expressen
Translation

TBH it's pricey and I don't see the bells-and whistles (on the interior) I would expect from a high-end place like that. Am I being picky? :ermm: The possibilities are manifold why the rental is going slow. I'm not in NYC but is the market slow right now? It may just be a function of the market. Sometimes these rentals have cycles, like the spring coming up.

They should get in touch with Beatrice and Eugenie. :flowers:

To be honest, judging by the photos, this apartment doesn't seem very "upmarket" at all, more sort of lower middle class to me, and I'm no snob! But not only that but it is tiny and not what one would expect for someone of Chris's background let alone Madeleine's.

If Madeleine and Chris were living there, where did they put fit the baby buggy let alone the baby and it's additional paraphenalia? And didn't Victoria, Daniel and Estelle stay as guests, not to mention her parents? Something just doesn't seem quite right.

The market in NYC is not slow, rather the opposite. Especially for the super-rich. I guess Madde's appartement doesnt fit the bill, for the price it's not upmarket enough, too expensive for middle class.

To be honest, judging by the photos, this apartment doesn't seem very "upmarket" at all, more sort of lower middle class to me, and I'm no snob! But not only that but it is tiny and not what one would expect for someone of Chris's background let alone Madeleine's.

If Madeleine and Chris were living there, where did they put fit the baby buggy let alone the baby and it's additional paraphenalia? And didn't Victoria, Daniel and Estelle stay as guests, not to mention her parents? Something just doesn't seem quite right.

They didn't live in that apartment. It was an investment. I think someone here suggested that they used it for the nanny, perhaps. The apartment they lived in took up a whole floor according to the article. :flowers:

Also, while I see nothing flashy about the apartment, I wouldn't call it 'lower middle class'. :ermm: JMO.

The market in NYC is not slow, rather the opposite. Especially for the super-rich. I guess Madde's appartement doesnt fit the bill, for the price it's not upmarket enough, too expensive for middle class.

It's actually Chris' apartment, bought as an investment (going by the article). :flowers: Sounds like it somehow got identified and a newspaper ran with the story. I still think there is some factor impacting the speed of leasing. Maybe they would be better off selling it rather than trying to lease.

Last edited:

Welcome to Mahattan!! I assure you that is NOT a lower middle class apartment. Baby buggies go wherever they can be squeezed in.

However, I thought this apartment was bought as investment property to rent out - their home was upstairs in a much nicer unit.

:previous: Thanks for the clarification Lady N and GracieGiraffe, a nanny's/investment apartment makes much more sense.

And thank you for the lesson on what makes an apartment in Manhatten different from those of many other large cities. It is an eye-opener and the kitchen not being my favourite place in the home, I found myself admiring it's streamlining. Conceptually, that is the room that appealed to me the most, even without outside windows!

:previous: Thanks for the clarification Lady N and GracieGiraffe, a nanny's/investment apartment makes much more sense.

And thank you for the lesson on what makes an apartment in Manhatten different from those of many other large cities. It is an eye-opener and the kitchen not being my favourite place in the home, I found myself admiring it's streamlining. Conceptually, that is the room that appealed to me the most, even without outside windows!

Yes, whenever you have a city with natural barriers, Manhattan being an island, space is at an incredible premium.

According to Expressen, Chris O'Neill has had several unknown rows with artisans in USA.
Chris O'Neill bought in 2008 through his company Bahama Beach Holdings a house in Florida and a major renovation inside and out was started.
Expressen can display today documents on a variety of claims against Chris O'Neill and his company Bahama Beach Holdings and request a lien on the house. The cause is a series of unpaid invoices for renovation of the house in Palm Beach. In total there was on over 389,000 SEK in unpaid bills. Over 200 000 for labor costs of electricity in the house.
There are several companies at various times sent bills and reminders to Chris O'Neill and his company which formally is the owner of the house in Florida. When they were not paid, they went to Palm Beach County and requested a lien on the house - a kind of pledge to get their money.
Now everyone has got their money.
Madeleines och Chris drömhus en skuldfälla Leva & bo Expressen
Translation

:previous: I'd just point out that holding payment for disputed bills is not uncommon here.
The article reads as if the electrical contractor was paid in full but that an electrical subcontractor was seeking additional payments. Technically, for the homeoner to be on the hook for overages, there would be a chain of proof with what are called "change orders." In these, the owner signs off on any additional costs incurred by changes they approve after the job is bid.
In this case, it appears the subcontractor went after the main electrical contractor for their payment. This indicates there were no change orders requiring the owner to pay for work.
It is not enough for a drywall-er to look at a homeowner and say "we have run out of drywall and need more." Technically the drywall contractor has to get a contract amendment for the additional materials.
In practice, a lot of this never happens, because the cost of generating and keeping track of all these changes eats of profit margins and drives up the cost of general contracting. So sometimes homeowners will honor verbal agreements on changes.
And sometimes not - and it creates this kind of mess.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mahattan!! I assure you that is NOT a lower middle class apartment. Baby buggies go wherever they can be squeezed in.

However, I thought this apartment was bought as investment property to rent out - their home was upstairs in a much nicer unit.
How true. One room studio apartments with a kitchen {?} in a closet and bath you can just about turn around in go for well over a million in areas of NYC. Market is much slower there now as most millionaire sports figures and entertainers are buying in the upscale areas of NJ, LI & Conn. Can't blame them as they get bigger homes on many acres and much lower taxes. Zip code snobs no longer part of great ambition as it used to be say ten years ago.

It has been very quiet around the couple lately, although you would expect more media exposure and pictures taken of them since they are now living in Stockholm.

Would it be possible that they closed a deal with the media, asking them to leave them alone in exchange for ....... Interviews? Regular pics of Leonore and the newborn?

I wonder if such a deal, as the Dutch royal family have made, has been negotiated?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Jesper and Mia Parnevik tell at their interview in Svensk Damtidning how Madeleine came to their villa in Florida six years ago when she had left Jonas and gone to USA. Mia tells that they have mutual friends, one of them had been in their home earlier and felt very secure, because they would not gossip. They had a very good time together, Jesper helped with Childhood by doing many adds with known Swedes in USA. When Madeleine moved to New York, the contact between her and the Parneviks stayed and the Parneviks were very happy when Madeleine found a new love. Mia says that she loves Chris. He and Madeleine complete eachother very well. Mia loves that Chris calls Madeleine as Maddie.
The Parneviks were invited to Madeleine's wedding and Jesper says that he was surprised how easy everything was, he had thought that it would be stiff but it was much fun.

Svensk Damtidning writes again this week about how the Parneviks helped Madeleine and Chris know each other. When Madeleine left Sweden after she had broken up with Jonas, she and her friend Lovisa de Geer went for a holiday to Florida. They stayed at a hotel and met businessman James "Jamie" Dingman, and he knew Chris, who had a house in Florida. Soon Lovisa had to return to her work in New York, and Madeleine couldn't live alone at the hotel. So Madeleine called the Parneviks and asked if she could move to them. Madeleine moved to Parnevik's four-room guesthouse. The Parneviks were discreet and didn't gossip about her. They had fun in Florida, and in June Jamie Dingman invited Madeleine, Lovisa and Chris to his house at the Bahamas, and Madeleine and Chris got to know each other better.

Last edited:
It has been very quiet around the couple lately, although you would expect more media exposure and pictures taken of them since they are now living in Stockholm.

Are they? So it's all settled now. Do we know where they are? Last I heard they were living in the palace but do they have their own house/estate, I wonder. I thought it was still being decided and that they might be living in London. Maybe they are waiting for the baby to be born before they move. If this has been covered elsewhere, on another thread, I apologize for the mis-direction here. :flowers:

[...] When Madeleine moved to New York, the contact between her and the Parneviks stayed and the Parneviks were very happy when Madeleine found a new love. Mia says that she loves Chris. He and Madeleine complete eachother very well. Mia loves that Chris calls Madeleine as Maddie.

Svensk Damtidning writes again this week about how the Parneviks helped Madeleine and Chris know each other. When Madeleine left Sweden after she had broken up with Jonas, she and her friend Lovisa de Geer went for a holiday to Florida. They stayed at a hotel and met businessman James "Jamie" Dingman, and he knew Chris, who had a house in Florida. Soon Lovisa had to return to her work in New York, and Madeleine couldn't live alone at the hotel. So Madeleine called the Parneviks and asked if she could move to them. Madeleine moved to Parnevik's four-room guesthouse. The Parneviks were discreet and didn't gossip about her. They had fun in Florida, and in June Jamie Dingman invited Madeleine, Lovisa and Chris to his house at the Bahamas, and Madeleine and Chris got to know each other better.

I am surprised at how fast Madeleine connected with someone new. So Chris was 'the man' very quickly, it seems. Some insight I hadn't had before. :flowers:

Last edited:
Are they? So it's all settled now. Do we know where they are? Last I heard they were living in the palace but do they have their own house/estate, I wonder. I thought it was still being decided and that they might be living in London. Maybe they are waiting for the baby to be born before they move. If this has been covered elsewhere, on another thread, I apologize for the mis-direction here. :flowers:

Madeline has been living in Stockholm several months now, she moved back to Sweden somewhere end November/early December. She and Leonore have also moved their register books to Sweden and when asked how long they will be living in Sweden answer was "permanent". How ever Cris has not moved his books to Sweden.

They are living in flat in Royal Horse Stable owned by Swedish royal family. The name sounds modest but is not really. Madeline did live there earlier too, but I am not sure is she living in the same apartment now. Here are some pictures of the place http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ts-part-3-august-2004-june-2005-a-3266-3.html

Madeline has been living in Stockholm several months now, she moved back to Sweden somewhere end November/early December. She and Leonore have also moved their register books to Sweden and when asked how long they will be living in Sweden answer was "permanent". How ever Chris has not moved his books to Sweden.

They are living in flat in Royal Horse Stable owned by Swedish royal family. The name sounds modest but is not really. Madeline did live there earlier too, but I am not sure is she living in the same apartment now.

Okay. Thank you for the information. :flowers: That slipped past me. I thought London was still in the cards. That's a huge move imo, from NYC to Sweden. Very different. Chris must be jetting about doing his business, or is he going to have a London base professionally? I could see him doing that. That is a big change for Chris.

P.S. I now could see the SRF having come to some accommodation with the Swedish press about its coverage of Madeleine and Chris. The level of negativity I recall happening could not go on. So very unhealthy, especially for the children. If only for their sakes such press needed to be quieted imo.

Last edited:
If only for their sakes such press needed to be quieted imo.

Press needed to be quieted... actually I think it would not need a lot about Madeline to act differently to get positive press feedback. Just to be (or pretend to be) a little interest in other people, do some basic work (not only Nobels) and let some interviecs be done. Swedish do deep down like her but she does not make that liking easy.

How ever Cris has not moved his books to Sweden.

They are living in flat in Royal Horse Stable owned by Swedish royal family. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ts-part-3-august-2004-june-2005-a-3266-3.html

Chris moved his books to Sweden on 3rd February. You can find information about him from Ratsit.
Nu är Madeleines make också skriven i Sverige Nyheter Aftonbladet

The king or the royal family don't own the apartments at the Royal Mews/Stables. The king has a right to dispose the building with apartments and he decides who may live there. He has the right to dispose many other buildings and houses too, like Villa Bernstorp, where Victor Magnuson and Frida Bergström moved some time ago. Madeleine and Chris pay rent for their apartment to The National Property Board of Sweden. They moved to a bigger, totally renovated apartment at the Royal Mews last summer.
Så mycket kostade Maddes lyxlägenhet Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Madeleine and Chris on the cover of Svensk Damtidning
Svensson-life with a golden border
So "normally" Madeleine and Chris live
http://svenskdam.se/files/2015/04/omslag-16.jpg

About the article
"They love Östermalm and the areas around Stureplan and are often seen at the luxurious restaurants and exclusive shops there. But, a little more accurate, where you should go if you want to catch sight of the princess couple during a normal day?"
Madeleines och Chris ”vanliga” liv på Östermalm Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning writes at their article about Madeleine's and Chris's "normal life" that Madeleine and Chris can live a quite normal life with walking with Leonore at the streets in Östermalm, shopping and going to their favourite restaurants. Unlike Victoria and Daniel, who often spend their free time home at Haga. And of course for Victoria and Daniel there are security reasons why they can't life similar life than Madeleine's family. And Carl Philip and Sofia can't do it because of the big media interest due to the wedding.
Svensk Damtidning tells that Chris is often seen shopping at 7-Eleven. They shop at Östermalms market on Fridays and at the liquor store. And like many who live in Östermalm, cafe Saturnus has become their second living room, they were seen there just the other week. Chris like to go to lunch to restaurant Riche and restaurant Sturehof is their favourite place, Chris is a regular there and takes always his american guests there when they are visiting Stockholm.

Svensk Damtidning tells that Chris is often seen shopping at 7-Eleven. They shop at Östermalms market on Fridays and at the liquor store. And like many who live in Östermalm, cafe Saturnus has become their second living room, they were seen there just the other week. Chris like to go to lunch to restaurant Riche and restaurant Sturehof is their favourite place, Chris is a regular there and takes always his american guests there when they are visiting Stockholm.

I wonder how Chris is handling being away from NYC. :sad: It's a huge sea-change to suddenly be confined to Sweden. Not that Sweden isn't beautiful and charming, but NYC is a special place, and 'once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker.' IMO. Can't be easy for him would be my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom