General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope it isn't for tax reasons and Chris gives them any reason to question it It's a good time to come home with another baby on the way

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
My guess is that his process of getting written there is already on the way but that, as I said, he isn't a Swedish citizen and it ofc will take a longer time for him...

I think its a tricky issue. If Chris registeres, certain people will be on Chris watch to see if Sweden is really his principal residence and not another country. He will have to spend a certain amount of time in Sweden and pay taxes. If he doesnt register, well, he is not fully committed to his family etc.
This whole model of living that they have chosen for themselves is actually inviting critics or people digging. I think Madeleine underestimated what it meant to live away from her family with a small child, everyday life getting either tough or boring, so now she wants back. Chris underestimated the power of media and what it really means to be married to a princess. There is no middle way between full time royal or giving up royal perks without attracting critizism of all kinds or media scrutiny.

Aftonbladet's research:
Princess Madeleine has answered to seven questions from journalists over the past year in connection with official activities.
Here are all the answers Princess Madeleine has given to journalists' questions during the past year in connection with public activities:
The visit in Gävle 2015-02-02:
- Thank you, it feels crazy! (Of pregnant belly)
- It feels great, of course. (Of pregnant belly)
- It is the first of all so fun to be back here in Gästrikland. It has been a fantastic day with many impressions. Many interesting meetings.
- No problem, but can't we take one big picture? It will be easier so. (For the photographers.)
- We'll meet again. (To the press call-up)
- Yes, yes. (When asked if she plans to continue working with Childhood Foundation)
Preference for the organization My Big Day 2015-01-20:
- It was rewarding and interesting to meet Hélène Benno today and get an update on My Big Day and the important work they do to delight seriously ill children.
Princess Madeleine's other statements in connection with the last year's public activities, which have been quoted in the media:
The visit in Gävle 2015-02-02:
- You will be the stars everyone. (For singers in Helges Allstars)
Swedish Academy's official ceremonial meeting 2014-12-20:
- Merry Christmas! (To the spectators at the Stock Exchange)
Global Citizens concert in Central Park, New York 2014-09-27:
- How wonderful to be here with all of you. We in Childhood Foundation believe that every child deserves the right to have a childhood free from sexual abuse and exploitation. I want to introduce you to someone who listens to these children and give them a voice. Welcome my mother Queen Silvia! (To the audience)
Princess Leonore's baptism 2014-06-08:
- I want to thank all who come here to celebrate today. (To the audience after baptism)
- No, my God! (When Princess Leonore got a foal from Gotland inhabitants)
Period of Study 2014-02-05 to 2015-02-05.

Aftonbladet reviewed Madeleine's public appearances in the past year in the media archive Retriever. It turns out that she hasn't given a single interview in connection with these performances.
We also examined how often the three royal children have conducted official activities in the past year, according to the royal calendar. Crown Princess Victoria had eight times the number of program items and Prince Carl Philip four times more activities than Princess Madeleine, who participated in a total of 21 activities.
Even when it comes to activities on American soil Princess Madeleine is not first. Crown Princess Victoria completed three program activities in the United States, Princess Madeleine two.
Prinsessans årsfacit sju svar till reportrar Nyheter Aftonbladet

Margareta Thorgren says that Madeleine has been on a maternity leave and that's why she has so few work events. She has lived in the US, it is obviously harder to make official missions in Sweden. Now the princess is pregnant with her second child, which means that she will naturally have fewer official missions this year. Because she lived in USA, it is hard to give interviews but she gave an interview to "The Year with the Royal Family" and has given an interview about Childhood. About that royal expert Sten Hedman said that Madeleine is shy, Thorgren said that most people can not put themselves in the massive coverage that is around the royal family around the clock. The media image around the princess has had a negative impact. That is why it is so important in Thorgren's role to establish good relations with the media. Thorgren said that if the media and P4 Gävleborg had asked for an interview before Madeleine went to Gävle, maybe it could have been arranged.
Aftonbladet asks; On June 10, 2014 - almost 8 months ago - Aftonbladet reporter Kerstin Weigl made a serious request to get an interview with Princess Madeleine. We have repeatedly encountered and not yet received a response to the inquiry - why not?
- We get incredible number of requests. We answer queries and take them continuously. This inquiry from Aftonbladet, we see as at the stock, which means that we know that Aftonbladet and many more are interested in interviewing Princess Madeleine. But once again the princess was on maternity leave and lived abroad with the time zone difference. That is one reason that there has not been some interviews.
We would like to ask some questions to Princess Madeleine today. Is there any possibility to it?
- Today has been a great deal of work for the information department to handle. I will handle your inquiry when I have dealt with today's media affairs. Many of your colleagues have done interview requests.
Hovet Hon har varit mammaledig Nyheter Aftonbladet

Thorgren must have quite a headache, maybe she realises only now that they are doing a lousy work at the court. They should themselves have reserved time to Madeleine's trip to Gävle and offer time for the reporters to interview Madeleine. And the answer to Aftonbladet's request for an interview is very bad. They have had 8 months to answer to it. Aftonbladet's reporter had surely gone to USA to interview Madeleine.
The press in Sweden got used to that Victoria worked after Estelle's birth although she was on a maternity leave in about 60 events until February 2013, maybe they thought that Madeleine would work more, but she has done only 21. Charlotte Brandin from Childhood said to Svensk Damtidning in November that Madeleine hasn't worked much for Childhood after Leonore's birth, since "one has to have time to be a mother".
It is also interesting that Aftonbladet has done this article, they write quite little about the royal family nowadays, unlike Expressen.

Last edited:
I think its a tricky issue. If Chris registeres, certain people will be on Chris watch to see if Sweden is really his principal residence and not another country. He will have to spend a certain amount of time in Sweden and pay taxes. If he doesnt register, well, he is not fully committed to his family etc.
This whole model of living that they have chosen for themselves is actually inviting critics or people digging. I think Madeleine underestimated what it meant to live away from her family with a small child, everyday life getting either tough or boring, so now she wants back. Chris underestimated the power of media and what it really means to be married to a princess. There is no middle way between full time royal or giving up royal perks without attracting critizism of all kinds or media scrutiny.

I understand it more now what you say makes sense to me I do hope it works out well for them.

According to aftonbladet Chris is also registered
'Chris O'Neill written in Sweden
"Shall settle here permanently"
In yesterday announced the court that Princess Madeleine and her daughter Leonore is now registered in Sweden.
Now confirms Tax Board that although Madeleine's husband Chris O'Neill is written in the country since last Tuesday.
- They have indicated that they will settle here permanently, says Tobias Wijk Swedish Tax Agency.
Royal Court CIO Margaret Thorgren announced yesterday that the Princesses Madeleine and Leonore are now registered in Sweden.
- The whole family lives in Stockholm and right now it's Princess Madeleine and Princess Leonore written here, 'said Margaret Thorgren to Aftonbladet on Thursday.
Notification of move
Now you can Aftonbladet tell you that even Madeleine's husband Chris O'Neill is written in Sweden.
- We got a complaint about moving to Sweden on all three as at 3 February. I can confirm that Chris is also registered since 3 February. They have indicated that they will settle here permanently, says Tobias Wijk, business developer in the Tax population.
Madden met with administrators
He says that at least Princess Madeleine personally met an administrator at the Swedish Tax Agency.
- It's personal appearance that apply in these cases, says Tobias Wijk.'
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article20277703.ab

It is correct that with a british passport you can live without visa etc within EU. Its a different matter with taxes, I believe Chris has dual citizenship so he will have to pay taxes in America and now in Sweden.
I think Madeleine's family will be under scrutiny now, where is Chris, what does he do, if he is there people will ask what does he do, if not, the marriage is bad etc etc.

Really, even living there permanently? (I know nothing about this...) And any ways I think he will get a swedish citizenship.

i don't think so. he declined a title, and for a title he would have needed the swedish citizenship. if he now becomes a swede, people will ask why he didnt accept the citizenship in the first place. and why he still does not want a title despite becoming a swede now.
i don't think he will change his citizenship. he can live in sweden forever with a european passport.

i don't think so. he declined a title, and for a title he would have needed the swedish citizenship. if he now becomes a swede, people will ask why he didnt accept the citizenship in the first place. and why he still does not want a title despite becoming a swede now.
i don't think he will change his citizenship. he can live in sweden forever with a european passport.
Hmm... I just assumed. He might wait a few years though.

Well I hope it isn't for tax reasons and Chris gives them any reason to question it It's a good time to come home with another baby on the way

Leonore must be raised in Sweden to be in the line of succession. As V has only the one child at the moment and CP none, that makes Leonore the 'spare' as on now.

I agree. If he would suddenly want the title and the citizenship, the people and especially the gossip press would think that he is in a big trouble. Already now the people write to Facebooks and to Svensk Damtidning forum that Chris isn't as rich as people think and that they live on Madeleine's money.

Expressen surely digs up everything possible.
Expressen tells that by registering herself to Sweden Madeleine saves from 50000 to 80000 SEK when giving birth in Sweden.
If Madeleine had continued to be written in the United States and New York when giving birth, she would have had to pay for the birth:
- A birth without complications costs at a hospital in Stockholm around 50000 SEK for a Swede living abroad. A cesarean around 80000 SEK. If you are a Swede living abroad and want to give birth in Sweden you have to pay for this care, explains Michael Bloom from Stockholm Care.
Stockholm Care is a company owned by the county council and the company's mission is to help hospitals managing the planned care such as a birth.
Chris och Madde flyttar till Sverige Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Will they be living at the just renovated apartment at the Royal Mews, that is also interesting. Madeleine said in last May: "Villa Park on Djurgården was for a long time an option, but it is 900 square meters and certainly not a home if we do not live full time in Sweden".
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/madeleine-kanner-mig-missforstadd/

Last edited:
I'm sure they will have a house in both places.

Unethical at the very least.

Aside for the many critics Madeleine receives for being cold, (or snob as someone called her) I still repeat this: M&C don't court the press, therefore they get these disgusting haunt IMO.

tomorrow we'll read that he listens to 'talkin' bout a revolution' or 'burning down the house':innocent:
seriously, its one thing to critizise but another to stalk or even break the law.

tomorrow we'll read that he listens to 'talkin' bout a revolution' or 'burning down the house':innocent:
seriously, its one thing to critizise but another to stalk or even break the law.
I agree. This is really crossing a line.. A relatively innocent line in the matter of content, but definitely a line!

I dont know if they want this marriage to end or they will be happy when/M gives up her title.

Chris's secret big loan
Chris O'Neill loaned eleven million SEK from a private bank in the United States. Just weeks before, he had founded a company to borrow money and be able to buy a house for nearly 18 million.
Just over a year later the loan vanished without a trace - it had been redeemed by a company controlled by the tax haven of Belize.
Expressen's documents show that Princess Madeleine's husband has signed all agreements.

Chris O'Neill and his family owned holiday home in Palm Beach already when he met Madeleine. It is located in one of the more exclusive areas and last year when Leonore was newborn family spent several months in Florida at maternity and paternity leave. Official pictures of the couple and their newborn daughter are also taken inside the garden of the summer house.
Four years after his father's death, Chris O'Neill signed a loan agreement with the Lydian Private Bank in Palm Beach in Florida. The documents Expressen can publish show that Chris borrowed almost eleven million from the bank. Through his company Bahama Beach Holdings, registered in both Florida and New York, Chris on 3 July 2008 took the million loan.
Less than a month earlier, on June 11th, the company had been formed in Florida, even his brother in law Ernst Abensperg und Traun is with Chris at the company.
Shortly after the loan the holiday home in Palm Beach was purchased with 17.6 million. The documents reveal that Chris O'Neill is the only signatory for the loan. Previously, he answered to Expressen to the question if he owns the house alone:
- I have a minority stake.
The company Bahama Beach Holdings is owned by Wildfire Inc, a company based in the tax haven of Belize. The company is known as a letterbox with just a mailing address and no physical office.
Who is the principal owner of the offshore company is not clear, but it is clear that Chris O'Neill has the trust to be ceo of it's subsidiary Bahama Beach Holdings. He stands in the documents beside the parent company Wildfire as signatories.
After the house was bought Chris applied Palm Beach County for authorization to do major renovations on the house. On 5 August 2008, the application was submitted and shortly after the renovation was finished, the big loan of eleven million was paid back to the bank. It was Chris's company Bahama Beach Holdings, which accounted for payment.
Expressen has several days searched Chris O'Neill through Margaret Thorgren to give him a chance to comment on the economy and companies in tax havens Liechtenstein and now Belize, but without success.
Chris hemliga storlån Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
It will be hard for Chris to get rid of the 'shady banker' image that now has been given by the press. Banking defo has shady aspects that helped the crash of the financial industry. Of course the bill was footed by governments and taxpayers. Its a sensitive issue and we don't now if Chris made money out of shady businesses. Fact is that taxhavens will dry out, at least in Europe, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, tax evasion will be dried out.

If Chris operates or has been operating in a grey/morally questionable area, or the image of doing so will stick with him, it's worse and much less forgiving than modelling in the nude or being lazy in the eyes of the public.

If Chris operates or has been operating in a grey/morally questionable area, or the image of doing so will stick with him, it's worse and much less forgiving than modelling in the nude or being lazy in the eyes of the public.

This is amusing. :flowers: Because we know that it is very sexist at it's core. If Chris had been guilty of modeling in the nude, he never would have gotten within miles of Madeleine. Or if they had an affair the king would never have given permission for a marriage. That's the way of it. That's my opinion. As it is Chris was dinged for being a 'playboy'. That someone else about to join the SRF was a 'playgirl' has not mattered one whit. Approval or not, care or not one whit about any of it, there is a double standard operating. It's interesting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom