General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't chris have property or family that live in Gstaad? I thought i read they go there quite a bit. Though I reckon they'll end up in London. Its close to Sweden, lots of flights in and out, its very business orientated like NY for Chris, no language issues and I think it will be easier for the King and Queen or Victoria and Daniel to find excuses to visit more, I don't mean this badly and I know the RF have links to France but I think there is probably more reasons fr the RF to visit London that Paris of Gstaad. The Queen of Denmark does every year. Of course they will visit privately too but a few working visits her and there as well.

Chris's sister Natascha Abensperg und Traun and her family live at a castle in Maissau, Austria. According to swedish press Eva O'Neill also has a castle in Austria, but I don't know if that is true.

Chris has had some business in Gstaad. Chris's bestman and very good friend Cedric Notz lives in Gstaad. Cedric's girlfriend Andrea Engsäll (a very good friend of Victoria and Madeleine) visits Cedric very often, Andrea lives still in Stockholm. Madeleine's friend Sofi Fahrman lives in Switzerland.
Madeleine and Andrea in Gstaad in the beginning of September, the men were in the bank.
http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.c...n-schweden-urlaub-mit-leonore-nach-geburtstag

Last edited:
The swedish gossip press writes again negative things of Chris, they are interested to dig news on his past. But not Sofia's.

Stoppa pressarna quotes Hänt Extra
Friend's betrayal of Madeleine - Had a Love Night with Chris
According to Hänt Extra Chris has had an intimate relationship with Madeleine's ​​close friend, with whom Madeleine had spent intensive time together for a while. But just weeks before the wedding of Madeleine and Chris the bomb was released: the friend and Chris had previously had a connection.
An insider tells that the news came as a shock to Madeleine, and that she does not see the former friend anymore.
- Madde was very disappointed that no one told her.
The short relationship has occurred before Madeleine and Chris met, but it did not prevent the princess from reacting. The former friend is, according to a close source sad that the situation has become "very mad":
- She's obviously sorry that what happened between her and Chris were kept secret and did not immediately come to light when Madde began dating the businessman.
Vännens svek mot Madeleine – hade kärleksnatt med Chris

So, distilling all that: "Woman learns that before she even met him her now-husband had a one night stand with a woman who was a friend of hers at the time, and she threw a hissy fit because she thinks someone should have told her and she now won't talk to her former friend".

Slow news day in Sweden?

The swedish gossip press writes again negative things of Chris, they are interested to dig news on his past. But not Sofia's.

Stoppa pressarna quotes Hänt Extra
Friend's betrayal of Madeleine - Had a Love Night with Chris
According to Hänt Extra Chris has had an intimate relationship with Madeleine's ​​close friend, with whom Madeleine had spent intensive time together for a while. But just weeks before the wedding of Madeleine and Chris the bomb was released: the friend and Chris had previously had a connection.
An insider tells that the news came as a shock to Madeleine, and that she does not see the former friend anymore.
- Madde was very disappointed that no one told her.
The short relationship has occurred before Madeleine and Chris met, but it did not prevent the princess from reacting. The former friend is, according to a close source sad that the situation has become "very mad":
- She's obviously sorry that what happened between her and Chris were kept secret and did not immediately come to light when Madde began dating the businessman.
Vännens svek mot Madeleine – hade kärleksnatt med Chris
:previous:
They try in every way to make them leave Sweden :sad:

Sheesh! Are the gutter press papers having a contest to see who can come up with the lowest bit of dirt that will break up the couple?!?!?!?!?

Madde's and Chris's Unknown tax debt
Chris is called to pay several tax debts in the USA. The state of New York has issued a "warrant". In total there are about debts of almost 350 000 SEK.
Even Madeleine is responsible for payment of debts when she, according to the court, is co-owner of the apartment.
Madeleine and Chris have not paid the property taxes for their apartment in New York since its purchase in 2013, according to the German magazine Bunte. It appears from the documents from New York City's tax office.
The court confirmed earlier that the apartment is a private investment for the couple. The property tax that must be paid quarterly but hasn't been paid since Chris, through the company Warwick International LLC bought it.

Bunte says that Chris has problems in several places in USA. In total, there are three different tax debts of SEK 350 000 (37000 euros, 43000 USD).
In addition to the apartment is a tax for the summer house in Florida. The debt amounts to 264 000 SEK. The house is owned by Bahama Beach Holdings LLC, according to American documents signed by Chris. The tax debt was at the beginning 233 000, but after interest and fees, it is now more than 264 000 SEK.
- These debts don't burden the person behind the business (Bahama Beach Holdings LLC and Warwick International LLC). With the LLC company, you are thus not responsible for any outside activity itself, says Jakalow.
The third tax liability against Chris is directed at him personally. It is a private tax debt that has made New York State to proceed legally against him.
According to documents in Bunte, confirmed by Expressen, Chris has unpaid taxes from 2010 over 65 000 SEK.
New York State has, therefore, December 8, issued a "warrant".
"A warrant is a judgment that makes an individual's financial assets to a lien. It allows us to seize assets and appropriating income", informs the tax authority spokesman Geoffrey Gloak to Expressen.

Chris has since 8 December resided in Sweden. Margareta Thorgren from the press department:
- We at court do not comment on Chris O'Neill's private affairs.
But Princess Madeleine is half owner of the apartment which also lack the paid property taxes?
- As previously announced, the apartment in New York is a private investment that has nothing with the princess's official duties to do.
Maddes och Chris okända skatteskuld Nyheter Expressen
Translation

The cover of Expressen
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/6b/fc/6bfc6eec94e34617bc4689f04044b2d8/502@70.jpg¨

The article in Bunte
Madeleine of Sweden & Chris O'Neill trouble with the tax! BUNTE.de

Last edited:
Good Grief!! First off, the Press Officer needs to either say no comment until we have more information, the smart thing, or keep making things worse by continuing to go down the route she's taking. By saying this has nothing to do w/them because it has nothing to do w/HRH's official duties is either being naive, stupid or both!!

Second...Could these two be more idiotic!?! Did they really think just because the rentals were under the names of these "Companies" they wouldn't get nailed for not paying the taxes on these properties? And in the US of all places too?

I just...*shaking head in disbelief*

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Good Grief!! First off, the Press Officer needs to either say no comment until we have more information, the smart thing, or keep making things worse by continuing to go down the route she's taking. By saying this has nothing to do w/them because it has nothing to do w/HRH's official duties is either being naive, stupid or both!!

Second...Could these two be more idiotic!?! Did they really think just because the rentals were under the names of these "Companies" they wouldn't get nailed for not paying the taxes on these properties? And in the US of all places too?

I just...*shaking head in disbelief*

I agree. And Chris isn't stupid, or at least I thought he isn't. He should have known that especially Bunte would dig in everything they can because he made an injunction against Bunte about them publishing their honeymoon photos.
According to the swedish press Chris has money, so he should have paid his taxes.

Expressen has "Breaking News" live-TV. Royal expert Sten Hedman says that it would be good if Chris would come out and say something. And it isn't so big money in question, Chris shouldn't have done like this, it isn't very ethical. Hedman also says that he thinks that there are many people in Sweden who think that is Chris the right person for Madeleine. Chris hasn't come close to the people. He doesn't live a royal life, he likes to go to the restaurants with his friends. He has a background that could help him as the husband of a princess. Hedman says that Daniel is so skilled, from the speech at the wedding to how he works. He has impressed Hedman and most people in Sweden. According to Hedman Chris could learn from Daniel.
PR-expert Paul Ronge says that if Madeleine and Chris would like to live in Sweden, they should come more close to the swedish people. And that is done via the swedish media. One should come out also in a difficult situation like this. He highlights twice that Chris's tax debt is bigger than the yearly income of many Swedes. Chris should learn how the swedish media works. Ronge says that the thing that Madeleine and Chris are seen as people living in luxury is a smaller problem for the court than to Madeleine and Chris. Ronge says that he doesn't know if Chris or the court will have a press conference about this tax case. Chris should come out and show that he takes this seriously, that he respects the swedish people. That would give a positive impression.
Ronge says that he doesn't know enough to estimate if the PR-work of the court has changed. Victoria and Daniel are very good in PR, have been for a long time. They are really professional and real. They are skilled and well balanced and don't talk about everything in their private life.
A woman, a communications expert says that the court has during the last years been very open and given a lot of digital and other material about the weddings and christenings. And Madeleine has a very active Facebook. But now the court has said to the Expressen's questions about the taxes that they don't comment. That isn't good, one should not close doors immediately when something unpleasant comes out.
Johan T Lindwall says that he thinks that there will be a meeting today at the Royal Palace and the king will react very strongly. This is incredibly stupid of Chris, one does not do things like this when one is married to a princess. This is not good news at all. Chris has made his choice. He married Madeleine and because of that is a member of the royal family and that brings responsibilities.

Last edited:
Another thing: Even if the tax debt is bigger than a yearly income to many of us here in Sweden, it's pocket money for Chris. Not paying his taxes is increadibly stupid. Of course he can afford it - he just doesn't want to. And that is the biggest problem. If they actually had problems paying their debts, I Think that most people would understand them/Chris. Now they/he just comes off as being ignorant.

Another thing: Even if the tax debt is bigger than a yearly income to many of us here in Sweden, it's pocket money for Chris. Not paying his taxes is increadibly stupid. Of course he can afford it - he just doesn't want to. And that is the biggest problem. If they actually had problems paying their debts, I Think that most people would understand them/Chris. Now they/he just comes off as being ignorant.

I think that people think that he is just like all rich people, they think they can do what they want. We will see if there will be comments like "will the tax debts be paid from the apanage?" Because a lot of people don't know how the apanage is used.

Last edited:
It is interesting that Bunte, a foreign publication, broke this story. Did the Swedish media perhaps withhold it in deference to the royal family?

As regards media reporting of royals' financial affairs, which was discussed recently, I think this demonstrates that it is not a thing of the past.

Maybe Chris isn't as rich as people think. He quit his job and maybe his family doesnt pay everything for him. Madde is high maintenance. Chris is a private person, still, if he doesnt look after his stuff, he can expect to read about it in the papers.

What I don't understand is that the court comments on his matters, at all.

Maybe Chris isn't as rich as people think. He quit his job and maybe his family doesnt pay everything for him. Madde is high maintenance. Chris is a private person, still, if he doesnt look after his stuff, he can expect to read about it in the papers.

What I don't understand is that the court comments on his matters, at all.

The swedish media and royal experts have all today highlighted that Chris is a very wealthy man who has made a lot of money with his businesses. So in Sweden it is generally thought that he has a lot of money. The court commented the tax-case with a no-comment because they have earlier told that Madeleine is a co-owner of the apartment, which taxes haven't been paid.
Maybe Chris isn't that rich which is thought in Sweden. At least he has a lot of very rich friends/business associates who were invited to the wedding.

It is interesting that Bunte, a foreign publication, broke this story. Did the Swedish media perhaps withhold it in deference to the royal family?

Like I said today, Bunte investigates Chris because they are angry that Chris made a case of them publishing the honeymoon photos. They have written negative articles of him before. It is interesting to see if there will be more things to come out about Chris and his businessess, by Bunte or the swedish press.

Last edited:
Maybe there's a reason why Chris and Madde have suddenly moved to Sweden?

:previous:exactly, don't assume that he is rich. He may have rich friends, mother and wife and is trying to keep up and is in over his head. Are we sure of this info, are tax liens public info?
I truly doubt he just didn't think he just didn't want to pay, more like buying time.
Agree what was stupid was thinking he could sue bunte and not get burned later. They have to admit they need help, he is out of his league.

Last edited:
Ok so it seems like the reports aren't entirely true, Chirs has made statement via the Royal Court
Kommentar från Christopher O’Neill - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

“I strictly observe all tax obligations. All property taxes owed by entities related to me are in the process of being settled. On 14th January 2015, the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance agreed to cancel a tax warrant, after accepting that an error had been made. The information quoted in the newspapers today regarding this matter is therefore no longer valid.”

And why does Chris so often gets to these messes?
He put Madeleine to his companies, even though it is not right with the court policy. He corrected it after he was caught.
And now this mess. So he is obviously now paying the taxes he hasn't done before.
How he can be a succesfull businessman if he always gets to trouble?
What next?

Malin Roos at her chronicle in Expressen
As if we did not have a bad idea about Princess Madeleine's husband before.
Why did Chris O'Neill pulled on repeated tax liabilities?
Two years ago, wrote newspaper Aftonbladet that the princess husband's companies based in tax havens in the Caribbean and North American Delaware, making the transparency of his private purse minimal.
Expressen said Jan. 2 that Princess Madeleine and Chris actually had two luxury apartments in the same building in New York, according to documents Expressen taken note of. A larger home they rented - and a smaller, private apartment valued at around 16 million.
How is Chris O'Neill's economic situation? Why he doesn't pay his debts?
I mean, you go and marry a Swedish princess, who also throughout her foreign sojourn (whole life by the way) have had to live with and defend the questions and criticism about money, luxury living in opulence and an apanage who pays the piper, so it seems naive to believe that:
A: These documents would not arrive.
B: That it would not mean a precarious potatoes for Madeleine and the royal family.
Now if Chris O'Neill and Princess Madeleine have left Manhattan to be complacent in Stockholm, Sweden with the hope to be able to live as anonymous and inconspicuous family life as it ever goes as royalty, so of course a good start, would be to pay their bills.
Det hela kan tolkas världsfrånvänt Malin Roos Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
I am sorry but this story [if one would like to call it] makes no sense whatsoever.

First of all, I am not sure how it works in the rest of the world but in the US, any person or business can get someone to prepare and file their taxes. If Chris is as wealthy as one assumes, I can assure you he is not doing either his personal or business taxes. That being said, both parties [the preparer and the individual] need to sign the taxes, and if someone else is preparing on your behalf you understand that you acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever is in the document.

Secondly, anyone who has filed their taxes knows that the regulations and regulations as well as the forms are not that easy to understand. For example, try filing a 1040 or 1040A with all the appropriate schedules. I have filed as an outside sales representative, a real estate agent and the owner as a small business. They are a nightmare. I had to pay someone to assist me with my taxes.

Thirdly, there have been MANY cases where famous and not so famous individuals have used deductions or tax shelters that they thought were perfectly legal when they filed only to get notification years later that these deductions/tax shelters were not legal. Thus one can find themselves owing money as well as penalties for taxes that you thought were acceptable. In addition, in Chris world, one would also assume that he would have a business manager who is personally paying his bills. I don't think Chris sits down every other pay week to budget his checkbook.

Fourth, the year makes no sense. The couple was married in 2013, so legitimately he could have added her to the company and they could have filed jointly as a married couple. but based on what Cristina of Spain is going thru you would think the couple would decided to keep her distanced from his business but whatever. That being said, any 2013 income and business would have been filed by the 2014 deadline in March. He could have legitimately asked for an extension that would have taken him to August 2014. Here it is January 2015, and the government [or the press] is branding him as a tax cheat:ermm: Sorry, that makes no sense. The government would have sent him letters for at least six months or a year [if not longer] asking him to pay up before he is listed on the site as a tax delinquent. And seizing funds/assets is something that would be applicable to all citizens and not just Chris.

I am glad Chris has addressed and resolved this issue but to me, this was a mountain made out of a moehill. Simply put, those who don't care for Madeline and by extension her husband, are getting a couple of facts together and instead of doing some investigating, are just publishing tabloid like headlines.

Last edited:
I am sorry but this story [if one would like to call it] makes no sense whatsoever.

First of all, I am not sure how it works in the rest of the world but in the US, any person or business can get someone to prepare and file their taxes. If Chris is as wealthy as one assumes, I can assure you he is not doing either his personal or business taxes. That being said, both parties [the preparer and the individual] need to sign the taxes, and if someone else is preparing on your behalf you understand that you acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever is in the document.

Secondly, anyone who has filed their taxes knows that the regulations and regulations as well as the forms are not that easy to understand. For example, try filing a 1040 or 1040A with all the appropriate schedules. I have filed as an outside sales representative, a real estate agent and the owner as a small business. They are a nightmare. I had to pay someone to assist me with my taxes.

Thirdly, there have been MANY cases where famous and not so famous individuals have used deductions or tax shelters that they thought were perfectly legal when they filed only to get notification years later that these deductions/tax shelters were not legal. Thus one can find themselves owing money as well as penalties for taxes that you thought were acceptable. In addition, in Chris world, one would also assume that he would have a business manager who is personally paying his bills. I don't think Chris sits down every other pay week to budget his checkbook.

Fourth, the year makes no sense. The couple was married in 2013, so legitimately he could have added her to the company and they could have filed jointly as a married couple. but based on what Cristina of Spain is going thru you would think the couple would decided to keep her distanced from his business but whatever. That being said, any 2013 income and business would have been filed by the 2014 deadline in March. He could have legitimately asked for an extension that would have taken him to August 2014. Here it is January 2015, and the government [or the press] is branding him as a tax cheat:ermm: Sorry, that makes no sense. The government would have sent him letters for at least six months or a year [if not longer] asking him to pay up before he is listed on the site as a tax delinquent. And seizing funds/assets is something that would be applicable to all citizens and not just Chris.

I am glad Chris has addressed and resolved this issue but to me, this was a mountain made out of a moehill. Simply put, those who don't care for Madeline and by extension her husband, are getting a couple of facts together and instead of doing some investigating, are just publishing tabloid like headlines.

I did not read your whole post, Zonk (a little late for me) - but I think you are thinking about income taxes. Chris (and his shell LLC's) owe property taxes.

:previous: Wouldn't that be "Chris (and his shell LLC's) owe property taxes".

For the not so financially inclined, could you elucidate on what consititutes Chris's "Shell LLC's"?

I did not read your whole post, Zonk (a little late for me) - but I think you are thinking about income taxes. Chris (and his shell LLC's) owe property taxes.

OKay....if property taxes for an LLC are like property taxes for a homeowner, than they would be paid out of your escrow account via your mortgage. Most banks that hold a lien against the property would require you to have such an escrow.

Now it could be possible that the escrow account was short, and Chris owed the money because not enough funds were set aside during the year to pay the taxes. But that doesn't diminish the time frame, the state of New York would not be harassing him for 2013 taxes, that would have been filed in 2014, the first month of January of 2015. Maybe these are taxes from 2012, which would have been filed in 2013 and that's why this is coming out.

If Chris didn't have a lien that would be another story. When I had an LLC, it was just another form for my 1040 when I filed taxes.

ETA; is anyone familiar with New York, property taxes and/or commercial property? In MD, you receive a bill or a statement for your personal property taxes twice a year. This statement is also sent to your mortgage company if the account is set up for the bank to pay the bill. If Chris has a business manager, who might have other clients, I can easily see how this was missed.

Either way, its good that he has cleared the matter.

Last edited:
:previous: Wouldn't that be "Chris (and his shell LLC's) owe property taxes".

For the not so financially inclined, could you elucidate on what consititutes Chris's "Shell LLC's"?

I am not suggesting they are not valid LLC's (corporations), I just think he, like most, created them for financial advantages, hence the term "shell."

OKay....if property taxes for an LLC are like property taxes for a homeowner, than they would be paid out of your escrow account via your mortgage. Most banks that hold a lien against the property would require you to have such an escrow.

Now it could be possible that the escrow account was short, and Chris owed the money because not enough funds were set aside during the year to pay the taxes. But that doesn't diminish the time frame, the state of New York would not be harassing him for 2013 taxes, that would have been filed in 2014, the first month of January of 2015. Maybe these are taxes from 2012, which would have been filed in 2013 and that's why this is coming out.

If Chris didn't have a lien that would be another story. When I had an LLC, it was just another form for my 1040 when I filed taxes.

I read all this quickly about Chris, I don't think he has any mortgages on the properties, at least not the NY ones.

I just find the timing funny of the tax warrant and now the move to Sweden.

I don't think he's purposely evading taxes, BTW. Either he is not that wealthy, as has been suggested, or someone screwed up. I'm wondering if it is not the former.

My opinion on this mess:

Chris is not a royal, does not want to be one but is for sure acting like one by not being careful with paying his tax liabilities.

I do not think he is poor or does not have the money, I rather think he is careless and did not pay attention (or does not have a punctual bookkeeper).

It is just not very good behavior of any citizen (nor for a public figure, like Chris, married to a royal) to not pay taxes. He must have gotten several reminders already. His answer that he is 'in the process of settling' is not good enough for me, he should just take care of his taxes.

That being said, is this a reason to bash Chris in the media? Not to me, although of course the Swedes love this kind of news items.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the swedish media continues to bash Chris because he is no fairytail prince, keeps a distance, he doesnt court/suck up to the press unlike other members of the SRF (I am not naming names not to derail this thread), he often looks scruffy/grumpy and has a hard time to remain calm/has a temper so people wouldn't put other issues eg like this tax evasion issue past him. Because as media you always need somebody to bash because boredom doesnt sell magazines. Media usually doesnt touch the born royals, Daniel is the CP consort and a smoothie, there is only Chris left who fits the job description for the guy to bash very well.

Although the amount is substantial enough for most, I am sure it is peanuts to most investment bankers. I think they mainly bash him because he is a foreigner, and because Madeleine has been living in NYC and not in Stockholm. Before the marriage the lala-land writers of these gossip rags were somewhat xenophobic, always emphasizing how Madeleine was living the high life in NYC - a rather aspirational place-to-be for many. Also he doesn't play their tune, he doesn't talk to the press etc., unlike others.

Since these Swedish gossip rags usually make up most what they write to suit their agenda, I do not put much trust in this story. And indeed, their agenda has been one of negativity towards this couple as this couple does not seem to be too cooperative towards the gossip magazines. Neither does it fit the cinderella/pretty woman-fairytale that sells magazines.

They should be happy that he has his own life, makes his own money and has been very succesful in doing so & has not been freeloading on his wife. I hope that his lawyers are looking into the possibility of putting these rags and their cinderella-writers up for a lawsuit as such stories can harm his business.

Funny that the press calls it a 'scandal' while the amount disputed is 43000 dollars. You would think from the headline that she embazzled several million:
http://www.thelocal.se/20150122/princess-madeleine-linked-to-usa-tax-scandal

Chris issued the following statement:
I strictly observe all tax obligations. All property taxes owed by entities related to me are in the process of being settled. On 14th January 2015, the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance agreed to cancel a tax warrant, after accepting that an error had been made. The information quoted in the newspapers today regarding this matter is therefore no longer valid.

An error by the tax department and no scandal at all. Now, let's see how the Swedish press will spin it...:whistling:

Last edited:
Although the amount is substantial enough for most, I am sure it is peanuts to most investment bankers. I think they mainly bash him because he is a foreigner, and because Madeleine has been living in NYC and not in Stockholm. Before the marriage the lala-land writers of these gossip rags were somewhat xenophobic, always emphasizing how Madeleine was living the high life in NYC - a rather aspirational place-to-be for many. Also he doesn't play their tune, he doesn't talk to the press etc., unlike others.

Since these Swedish gossip rags usually make up most what they write to suit their agenda, I do not put much trust in this story. And indeed, their agenda has been one of negativity towards this couple as this couple does not seem to be too cooperative towards the gossip magazines. Neither does it fit the cinderella/pretty woman-fairytale that sells magazines.

They should be happy that he has his own life, makes his own money and has been very succesful in doing so & has not been freeloading on his wife. I hope that his lawyers are looking into the possibility of putting these rags and their cinderella-writers up for a lawsuit as such stories can harm his business.

Funny that the press calls it a 'scandal' while the amount disputed is 43000 dollars. You would think from the headline that she embazzled several million:
Princess Madeleine linked to US tax scandal - The Local

Chris issued the following statement:

An error by the tax department and no scandal at all. Now, let's see how the Swedish press will spin it...:whistling:

I don't know what "error" the NY tax department made, but, if the taxes are "in the process of being settled", it is clear that they haven't been paid yet and, therefore, are overdue. Maybe Chris was (legally) trying to evade taxation and the tax department had a different interpretation on the tax exemptions he believed he was entitled to.

It may not be a "scandal", but, in any case, it doesn't look good for Chris.

Last edited:
I do not think it is likely he is broke. He is too smart for that, and does not seem a very big spender (besides the watches and probably having an expensive wife).

If there were a situation where he just could not pay his taxes, I am sure the SRF would cover to at least avoid the scandal. I think this is just a case of pure ignorance.

The liability on the house is still open: New York State Department of State. If I were Expressen I would check from time to time if it has been settled. If so, this website will be updates by the NY state tax dept.

Hope this was just a slip up
I wish for them to be a happy loving family without scandals

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

To my understanding, Mr. O'Neill's phrase "error had been made" implies an error made by himself or his accountant.

Concerning the timeline: Bunte reports three different tax liabilities; the warrant from New York State only concerns unpaid income tax from 2010.

It makes the other hand, the third tax liability against Chris O'Neill is directed at him personally. It is a private tax debt that has made New York State - authority responsible for local income tax - proceeded legally against the princess' husband.

According to documents Bunte taken note of, which is also confirmed by Expressen, Chris O'Neill, an unpaid taxes from 2010, which remained for over four years.

These are equivalent to over 65 000 SEK.

New York State has, therefore, December 8, 2014, issued a "warrant".

"A warrant is a judgment that makes an individual's financial assets to a lien. It allows us to seize assets and appropriating income ", informs the tax authority spokesman Geoffrey Gloak in an email to Expressen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom