The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent

It has been my experience that in the right circumstances and if both people are in the right (or wrong) mood, the smallest grievances can grow to monumental proportions and cause huge fights. A once-off event of this sort I find amusing rather than indicative of a serious problem in their relationship.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Well, that certainly merits a knock-down, dragged-out fight in public......
HE LEFT THE TOILET SEAT UP!!!! OFF WITH HIS NON-ROYAL HEAD!

Old 09-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Serene Highness

Haha,

Well, between every couple on earth there are some arguments here and there. No Problem.
But: The Problem is, a Princess simply should never, never, never do this in public. Fullstop. No excuse. Even if he heft the toilet seat up .....
BYe Bine
Old 09-08-2014, 05:09 AM
Courtier

Well whatever it was I'm sure the media blew all out if proportion as it usually does .....or it probably invented the whole thing ......but anyway whatever it was I couldn't have been serious .....Chris has been (only a few hours a go might I add) listen on the court calendar to attend tomorrow's gala at the royal palace with the King, Queen and Princess Madeleine
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 09-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Aristocracy

So Madeleine will attend another engagement on the 30th of September. This would mean she has been/ will be in Sweden for 4 full months at least (June-Sept). During this period, did she never go back to the US?
I assume Chris has been back and forth a couple of times for work reasons?

To me, the couple would actually loose a bit of glam if they would move to Sweden permanently, I actually liked Madde's stubborn acts of moving to the US and cancelling on engagements in Sweden.

I do not think Chris would be happy living in Sweden permanently. Plus, they would be hassled by the paps a lot more. I hope they make the right decision.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 09-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
So Madeleine will attend another engagement on the 30th of September. This would mean she has been/ will be in Sweden for 4 full months at least (June-Sept). During this period, did she never go back to the US?
I assume Chris has been back and forth a couple of times for work reasons?

To me, the couple would actually loose a bit of glam if they would move to Sweden permanently, I actually liked Madde's stubborn acts of moving to the US and cancelling on engagements in Sweden.

I do not think Chris would be happy living in Sweden permanently. Plus, they would be hassled by the paps a lot more. I hope they make the right decision.
I think if they moved to Sweden they would have less Paps. I have noticed that while they have been in Sweden there has been fewer photos of them out and about compared with when they are in New York. In New York, they cannot get outside their apartment without being photographed.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought they had to move to Sweden eventually for Leonore to be an HRH and in line for the throne, or am I wrong about this?
Old 09-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I thought they had to move to Sweden eventually for Leonore to be an HRH and in line for the throne, or am I wrong about this?

You are correct about them having to move out of New York before she begins to attend school.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
You are correct about them having to move out of New York before she begins to attend school.
It's still several years till she starts school. By then Leonor might have two or more additionel cousins to be higher up in the succession. So by the time she starts school, they might decide that it's not necessary to return to Sweden, because the succession is safe without her. Time will tell.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It's still several years till she starts school. By then Leonor might have two or more additionel cousins to be higher up in the succession. So by the time she starts school, they might decide that it's not necessary to return to Sweden, because the succession is safe without her. Time will tell.
I think you are totally spot on here.

There is a lot of things you can say about our current king, but one of his main priorities is to do everything he can to make sure that the line of succession isn't a short list. He is very aware that the Swedish royal family was in big trouble just a generation ago.

I would be willing to bet that it was the king who persuaded Madeleine to remain in the line of succession, along with her children. I don't think she's particularly interested of that herself. When Leonore was born, she was - and still is - the spare. That might change if Victoria and Daniel have more children, and if CP and Sofia also become parents. If there are two or more other cousins born by the time she's supposed to start school, my guess is that Madeleine and Chris will decide to - with the kings consent - take her out of the line of succesion and remain in the US.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:25 AM
Majesty

A very reasoned response and one I think is correct. I think there will be a lot less pressure on Madeleine and Chris if Victoria has another child some time soon otherwise it will mean waiting for Carl Philip and Sophia. Since they have just recently become engaged and are not getting married until next year (Summer?) this would create pressure on them to have a child PDQ.

It seems to me that when an heir is required to secure the succession it takes an inordinately long time before an heir is there.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Courtier

I may be just making this up, but I really do think Madeleine loves to be in Sweden. If you think about it, they did not go back to New York after the baptism- they stayed in Sweden. They did not go back after Victoria's birthday. They did not go back for the Childhood events ( I really was surprised by this. I figured that she would just come down from New York but she was still in Sweden). And they have not gone back yet either. They are staying until the end of this month at least.

Also there was that speculation months ago that they were supposed to go to another country in Europe but stayed in Sweden because Madeleine did not want to leave.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Majesty

Maybe Madeleine wants her child to be swedish from early on... After all Leonore has the right to be both American and Swedish... Just my 2 cents
Old 09-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I think you are totally spot on here.

There is a lot of things you can say about our current king, but one of his main priorities is to do everything he can to make sure that the line of succession isn't a short list. He is very aware that the Swedish royal family was in big trouble just a generation ago.

I would be willing to bet that it was the king who persuaded Madeleine to remain in the line of succession, along with her children. I don't think she's particularly interested of that herself. When Leonore was born, she was - and still is - the spare. That might change if Victoria and Daniel have more children, and if CP and Sofia also become parents. If there are two or more other cousins born by the time she's supposed to start school, my guess is that Madeleine and Chris will decide to - with the kings consent - take her out of the line of succesion and remain in the US.
I agree with your assessment completely. Maybe that was what the fight was about
Old 09-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
I may be just making this up, but I really do think Madeleine loves to be in Sweden. If you think about it, they did not go back to New York after the baptism- they stayed in Sweden. They did not go back after Victoria's birthday. They did not go back for the Childhood events ( I really was surprised by this. I figured that she would just come down from New York but she was still in Sweden). And they have not gone back yet either. They are staying until the end of this month at least.

Also there was that speculation months ago that they were supposed to go to another country in Europe but stayed in Sweden because Madeleine did not want to leave.
Yes, I think that she really enjoys the time she spends in Sweden. The thing she doesn't enjoy is being recognize everywhere she goes. In the US, not many people knows who she is. She can just be mrs O'Neill, and I think that is very important to her. Somehow she's always been the most private of the siblings. But her family and friends are here, so it's not strange that she wants to spend time in Stockholm. I doubt that means that she wants to live there on a more permanent basis.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Stoppa pressarna quotes the article in Svensk Damtidning about Madeleine's and Chris' favourite restaurants in Stockholm. They like to go to Teatergrillen,
Sturehof, Riche, Milles, Teaterbaren, Musikaliska and Nosh & Chow.
Här festar prinsessan Madeleine och hennes Chris
Translation
Old 09-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Majesty

So where are the famous photos about the fight?
Old 09-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
So where are the famous photos about the fight?
Nobody hasn't bought the magazine and scanned them here. That magazine isn't sold at the stores I go, so I haven't seen it. I should have gone to a bookshop to see the magazine and I haven't had time for that.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

More attacks from the gossip magazines
Hänt Extra on it's cover:
After the row with the family
Messy and prig
Chris' wild party night without Madeleine!
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/HEX.jpg
Old 09-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
More attacks from the gossip magazines
Hänt Extra on it's cover:
After the row with the family
Messy and prig
Chris' wild party night without Madeleine!
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/HEX.jpg

How reliable is Hänt Extra?

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess leonore, princess madeleine