Crown Princess Victoria, Picture Thread Part 4: February 2005 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a stamp to celebrate the new crown princess
she was 2 years old when she became crown princess

Attachments

• namnlös.jpg
    namnlös.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 418
baby victoria

Attachments

• HKH_Prinsessan_Victoria_100-26.jpg
    HKH_Prinsessan_Victoria_100-26.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 582
  • ACFFB99.jpg
    ACFFB99.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 689
  • ACFFA93.jpg
    ACFFA93.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 705
  • 10798156_1.jpg
    10798156_1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 611
  • 10668140_1.jpg
    10668140_1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 641
  • 10667038_1.jpg
    10667038_1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 645
  • 10665658_1.jpg
    10665658_1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 644
  • 4273716_1.jpg
    4273716_1.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 2,034
  • 9105085_1.jpg
    9105085_1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 611
  • 4756529_1.jpg
    4756529_1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
with mummy

i am looking for good photos of victoria in the swedish natinal dress

Attachments

• 10676967_1.jpg
    10676967_1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 606
also with mummy

Attachments

• 10668901_1.jpg
    10668901_1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 713
Here´s some of Victoria wearing "Sverigedräkten"!

Attachments

• nationaldag.JPG
    nationaldag.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 562
  • june6th.JPG
    june6th.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,156
  • nationaldag2004.JPG
    nationaldag2004.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 483
  • nationaldag.jpg
    nationaldag.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 560
  • nationaldag03.jpg
    nationaldag03.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 662
  • 1987.JPG
    1987.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 697
Last edited:
all photos has a story :)

The Crown Princess Victoria receives representatives of The Swedish–Tibetan Society for School and Culture at the Royal Swedish Castle
It was with a sense of joy and anticipation that we found ourselves, one Tuesday morning in March, outside of the Royal Swedish Castle. The Crown Princess Victoria had invited representatives of The Swedish–Tibetan Society for School and Culture, since she wanted to learn more about our schools and projects in Tibet. We crossed the court yard, were met by guards of the castle in formal salute, and were received by Elisabeth Tarras-Walberg, responsible for public relations of the Court. Seated in a small room by a large oak table and an enormous chandelier, we awaited the Crown Princess. The meeting turned out to be cordial and truly satisfying.
Soenam greeted the Crown Princess by offering a silk khata from the Potala Palace in Lhasa; the khata had a wish of “happiness in the morning, happiness during the day and happiness at night” printed on it. The Crown Princess found it very precious and admired the silk for a long while. She was pleased that we took the time to come and see her and eager to understand more of our activities; obviously, we felt very honoured and happy that she would take the time to listen to us .

The Crown Princess wondered how the aid was received, of the general sentiment towards it, and Soenam spoke of how rural schools used to look before, if indeed there were any: villagers se the education of their children as a remarkable opportunity for a better future, and for doing something good for their country. The Crown Princess wondered for how long one remains a sponsor, and Lobsang replied that it spans the life of the child for as long as it goes to school. The Crown Princess wanted to know about the children's view of the future, and how they felt about it. Do they wish to study abroad? Lodru replied that it is the aim and hope of the Society to develop the potential for children to get higher education inside of Tibet.
Soenam concluded with an expression of gratitude to the Swedish people for making it possible to run the school and sponsorship program financially. The Crown Princess was given a book about Tibet as a parting gift, and the visit was rounded up with a group photo. We were all very pleased.

for the full text, visit: http://www.tibet-school.org/eng/start/nyheter.htm

Attachments

• tibet.JPG
    tibet.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,933
Last edited:
some random pics!

1. In Norrland 2000
2. Award 2003(?)
3. closeup of Victoria
4. Victoria in Kosovo 2002
5. Visiting Tjärnö
6. Junior waterprize 2004
7. With the founder of EF, and a check

Attachments

• Tjärnö.JPG
    Tjärnö.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 411
  • viktorrydberg2003.JPG
    viktorrydberg2003.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 486
  • waterprize.JPG
    waterprize.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 6,047
  • kosovo.JPG
    kosovo.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 618
  • företagarna.JPG
    företagarna.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 2,019
  • award.JPG
    award.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 437
  • 2000.JPG
    2000.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,022
That thing in photo 5 sure looks prickly. Must be a sea creature of some kind. Bravo woman.

from when is this

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 7,329
that picture was taken some time before her 18th birthday in 1995 and probably by photoghrapher Charles Hammarsten, who took all the photos in "Victoria, Kronprinsessa av Sverige".
The place..hmm, could it be Stensalen at Drottningholm?

I´ve scanned (on demand) some older clippings, which show Victoria as student in New Haven and NYC.
It was said then those pics (the ones from winter/spring 1998) weren´t published in swedish magazines and newspapers to protect anorexic Victoria and to help her to recover. Is that true? Does anyone (Yennie...other Swedes) know?

January/February 1998:
yale1.jpg
yale2.jpg

Yale3.jpg

Yale7.jpg

Yale8.jpg

Yale9.jpg

March 1998:

Yale4.jpg
Yale6.jpg

Last edited:
Early summer 1998:
Yale5.jpg

In NYC in early summer 1999:
NYC5.jpg

In an american mall (and in front of Daniel´s apartment) in early summer 2000:
NYC4.jpg

NYC1.jpg

:mad: :mad: :mad: I had written a looong post but unfortuneatly something went wrong and ofcourse it all disapeared. I hate when that happends!

Thanks for the photos Lena! I hadn´t seen all of the first set, where she has her yellow and black jacket. Always nice whit these "blast from the past" posts :)

You´re right, the swedish media had a sort of agreement, to leave her alone. But there was articles and photos published anyway. But I think that was mostly during her first year... and most of the photos were taken by foreign photographers.

Victoria on the way to the premiere of the opera "Peer Gynt" (end of January 2005)

Attachments

• peergynt.jpg
    peergynt.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 5,717
I always thought the Peer Gynt is the name of a series of suites by Edvard Grieg. I am surprised that there is a Peer Gynt opera. Who is the composer of that opera?

Oh! I loved the photo of her from her 18th birthday! She looks so regal. I had not seen that photo before. Thank you for posting it Josefine!

I read this is the place to ask for photo's were you search for. Well I'm looking for a photo of Victoria when she was young and was peeling a fish. I think she was about 3 years old and was on vacation...
Also want to no were I can find pix of them were they were young???

try www.corbis.com They have some photos of Victoria from when she was little. Or go to www.ritva.com and browse trough the galleries!

I know what picture you are looking for. Unfortuneately I cant find it. Perhaps I can scan it tomorrow!

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Workshop: An Insider's Guide to Constructing Peace Agreements[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On Tuesday, November 4, 2003, members of the Public International Law and Policy Group, in collaboration with the American University School of International Service, met with Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, and members of the Embassy of Sweden at the Butler Boardroom at American University. The Group held a workshop entitled "An Insider's Guide to Constructing Peace Agreements."

Discussed during the workshop were various projects being worked on by PILPG: the Republic of Georgia Peace Negotiations, the Somalia Peace Talks, Drafting a New Constitution for Iraq, the Kurdish Question, Promoting Earned Sovereignty, Negotiations on Kosovo Final Status, and the Asian Peace Negotiations.

Leading the wide-ranging discussion were Peace Fellows Elisabeth W. Dallas, Francesca Jannotti Pecci, Nathan P. Kirschner, and Courtney G. Meade. Also in attendance was Dr. Louis Goodman, Dean of the School of International Service at American University.

Also participating in the meeting were Senior Research Assistants Karna A.J. Eklund, Laura Flyer, Lucy Gillers, Karen Heymann, Scott Lyons, Lynne Montgomery, Tali Neuwirth, Christine Parsadaian, John Sannar, John Schwenk, Peter Young, and Adam Wilczewski.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Victoria was awarded an Honorary Peace Fellowship with the Public International Law and Policy Group. [/font]

http://www.publicinternationallaw.org/publications/conferences/princessmeeting.htm

Attachments

• group.JPG
    group.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 567
can¨t remember have we seen these before

Attachments

• 1214033_b.jpg
    1214033_b.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 4,433
  • 1214044_b.jpg
    1214044_b.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4,198
Josefine said:
can¨t remember have we seen these before
from London I belive. Sometime in january/february this year. She was there to see a friend in a play or something

This is a funny photo! Taken in Paris in december 2002.

Can someone come up with a funny caption??

Attachments

• look.jpg
    look.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 4,821
Yennie said:
This is a funny photo! Taken in Paris in december 2002.

Can someone come up with a funny caption??
How two read this letter?

or: Aren't we all a lil bit blonde? ;)

:D Or what about: "With the simplest materials I´ve constructed binoculars, now I just have to wait until a handsome male host(ess) crosses my field of vision"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom