Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 9: June 2010 - October 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we see CP Vistoria again during/or after Christmas? Or is she in "maternity leave" already?
BYe Bine

Normally the swedish royal family have a long holiday during Christmas time, so I suppose that we don´t see Victoria then. The court hasn´t announced anything about a maternity leave.
The calendars of the members of the royal family are empty next year, only one event for the king on March. Maybe the calendar is updated only at the beginning of January. Then we will see, if Victoria is on her maternity leave.

Crown Princess Victoria visited the Astrid Lindgren Children's hospital in Solna today, January 19,
2012. Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital in Solna and Children's Hospital in Huddinge have merged
into one pediatric hospital within the organisation of Karolinska University Hospital.

** ppe gallery ** lehtikuva.fi gallery ** danapress/belga gallery **

** aftonbladet.se video: Victoria kommer till barnsjukhuset **

** purepeople: La princesse Victoria tout sourire à l'hôpital, à quelques semaines d'accoucher **

Last edited:
Wow, she looks great, happy, simply fantastic. But I guess the baby will come every minute now.... surely before March according to the size of her belly :flowers:.
Bye Bine

Great to see Victoria continuing her Royal duties, I wonder how much time she will take off after the baby is born. What is traditional Maternity leave in Sweden? It is typically 6 weeks here in the USA.

The babyjumpsuit is very sweet. I wonder if we see the jumpsuit at the baby!

She is looking absolutely wonderful - happy, healthy and beautiful!

I agree, she looks great, happy and content.

Great to see Victoria continuing her Royal duties, I wonder how much time she will take off after the baby is born. What is traditional Maternity leave in Sweden? It is typically 6 weeks here in the USA.
In Sweden the parents get a total of 480 days maternity leave (60 days are reserved for each parent then they choose themself how to distribute the days) with 80% of your pay, mothers still take the most number of days - often about a year. You can save days for quite a few years if you want to. But i don´t think Victoria will take such a long leave, I imagen that she will be working (but maybe a little less) after the summer.

I imagen that she will be working (but maybe a little less) after the summer.
Depending on how you define "working" for Victoria I would guess that the first official event after the birth will be the king's birthday celebrations on April 30th and I think she will participate in the National Day celebrations on June 6th, before taking the summer off.

in the calendar she still have activity until the 14 of february

in the calendar she still have activity until the 14 of february
Actually until February 21, a luncheon for the outgoing president of Finland, Tarja Halonen.

With the exception of the visit to Studieförbundet näringsliv och samhälle on February 9 which is in public, the rest of her engagements are at the Royal Castle and not seen by the public.

Last edited:
More solo events for Victoria: on 30th May she attends at the annual meeting of the Friends of the Nordic Museum and Skansen.

So Victoria has only had 3 months maternity leave? Or is she just going to be working part time for a while?

So Victoria has only had 3 months maternity leave? Or is she just going to be working part time for a while?
I would guess that technically Victoria and Daniel have the same right as any other Swedish parents to have 240 days of maternity and paternity leave for each parent, that is 18 months in total, and the parents can use the days until the child is eight years old. Victoria could still be on maternity leave and work one or two days a week, as the parents themselves decide on what days they take parental leave, it could be that on the days Victoria works Daniel is at home with Estelle on his paternity leave days.

Victoria will meet the United States Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton tomorrow, together with the minister for Environment, Lena Ek.

Victoria will meet the United States Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton tomorrow, together with the minister for Environment, Lena Ek.

Wow that is very important, i never saw the SRF with American leaders!

Wow that is very important, i never saw the SRF with American leaders!
King Carl Gustav have visited the White House four times, meeting three presidents, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan twice and George W. Bush. (Swedish prime ministers have visited the White House 13 times). Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom