Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 8: December 2008 - June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
sverige.jpg

Welcome to the 8th thread for Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden´ current events.

The previous thread can be found here.
Please post current news and pictures of Crown Princess Victoria in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Please do not post the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.

Last edited:
:previous: The return of . . . do dum, do dum, do, do do . . . (oh rats I just can't get the intro notes to Jaws right), :eek: :eek: the dreaded 'ponytail!' :nonono:

Despite her obvious ability she does not dress formally enough and it just come down to the hair. It's sort of pull it back off my face, it'll be OK. Some people misconstrue it as a sign she is bored or just doesn't really care about her public appearances.

:previous: The return of . . . do dum, do dum, do, do do . . . (oh rats I just can't get the intro notes to Jaws right), :eek: :eek: the dreaded 'ponytail!' :nonono:

*LOL*

Despite her obvious ability she does not dress formally enough and it just come down to the hair. It's sort of pull it back off my face, it'll be OK. Some people misconstrue it as a sign she is bored or just doesn't really care about her public appearances.

Exactly!
Besides for an evening event, she is very casual dressed. That´s office wear!
The female award winner is wearing an long evening dress and the crown princess, who should be the most regal of all, was coming in teacher blouse + skirt :nonono:
Hopefully...next week...better

This was a very interesting article. It is nice to see CP Victoria involved in seminars like this. I know that she has done things with the UN before, but is this the first time that she has participated in discussions on peace and security?

She had attended a similiar course in May 2002. As much as I know this one was an addition to the other course.

Conflict resolution is a very tricky topic for Royals...as it´s hyper-politically.
But if she is really interested, I´d still wish, she would make something out of it. Would be part of high profile (UNO) conferences...and would visit successful projects on peace (keeping)...so that they would get more attention.

But so far it looks, as if there would be no thread in her work. She seems to attend courses, she is interested in, just to give awards on this&that with a big frog grin on her face.
Her big trips in 2008 were mainly about being there, and while climate research is important, I am wondering, when she would go to the next level: climate protection. :nonono:

Yesterday evening the crown princess opened the exhibition "Hjälpmedelsinstitutets" in Belgrad!

Thanks ursulajohanna! Nice to see HRH with the Serbian royals, crown princess Katherina always seems such a good natured lady. Victoria seems to be in a good mood, she is all smiles and looks rather pretty, dispite the trousers.
Any idea why she is opening this institute btw, did the Swedish state/charities invest in it perhaps?

has the court informed what she will do spring 2009
or does they do that in jannuary?

Pics 17.12.2008

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria handed over the Tobias prize to
Katarina Le Blanc, at the Royal Academy of Sciences in Stockholm,
December 17, 2008. Le Blanc receives the prize, around one million
Euros, for her stem cell research.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria handed over the Tobias prize to
Katarina Le Blanc, at the Royal Academy of Sciences in Stockholm,
December 17, 2008. Le Blanc receives the prize, around one million
Euros, for her stem cell research.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thank you for the links, iceflower.

Sigh...same dress for 2 award ceremonies during one season. :nonono: Now one could say, I am superficial...but what is the point of all this, if mags don´t get interested.
Victoria had been patron of the Tobias foundation for more than 15 years. A great cause! A foundation raised after a boy having waited for a bone marrow donation - in vain. He had died age 17 in 1991.
But as it seems her complete involvement since 2000 had been this award, which she gave with ponytail and the same dress she had also chosen for an entrepreneur award less than 2 months ago.
This way hardly anyone would pay attention to bone marrow donation. Missed chance...but that´s normal for her these days. Go on...and say, she is sooo serious and sooo commited :nonono:
I know crown princely comparisons are not popular...but Mary as consort somehow shows more commitment.
Now one could say Victoria´s role is different. Is it? And what would be the positive things, she had achieved in this difference.

Can someone translate please? Thanks in advance.

Though I do not read Norwegian it seems the article is about Victoria, who in an interview compared her Scandinavian couterparts to older brothers, or something in that direction.

I have to agree with Lena's comments above.
If you look a little more than skin deep at Crown Princess Victoria these days, then the same thing wonderful Dorothy Parker said about Los Angeles is true about her as well:
"There's no THERE there."
I'm always stunned when people regard her as 'The serious, hard working one'. Her being 'serious' and 'commited' is pure image, largely based on the superficial fact that she doesn't dress like a fashion plate.
But as Lena said, some Royal fashion plates show a good deal more involvement with worthy causes that they are identified with than the Crown Princess.
The sad thing is that she's currently not identified with anything in Sweden - there's no charity, not a single issue, no organisation of any kind she would support by putting her Royal title and prestige to good use.
As a matter of fact, all she has done recently is taking some ten-day course at university and constantly handing out prizes given by organisations she's sometimes connected to as a patron, sometimes not - you wouldn't know the difference. She has no profile as of now, and claiming that the mere regal existence under the title of Crown Princess is already enough would be very short-sighted:
Considering the longevity of the Bernadottes, another thirty years of being Crown Princess may very well lie ahead of her, so it's high time to put some time and effort into carving out a niche for herself.
And yes, while she's at it she could put some more time and effort into her appearance as well. A woman who is able to look as great as she did for the second Nobel gala this year should never attend a public function looking as dowdy as here. In the end, the right regal imagery does help Royals to achieve something beyond the titles they're born with or they've married in taking on worthwhile issues and supporting them... provided that they take them on.
Currently, she's not using any of the opportunities and the potential which her privileged status provides.

Crown Princess Victoria handed over the Tobias prize to Katarina Le Blanc, at the Royal Academy of Sciences in Stockholm Wednesday. Le Blanc receives the prize, around one million Euros, for her stem cell research. Victoria is the patron the the Tobias Foundation. Established in 1992, purpose of The Tobias Foundation is “to support the establishment of a Swedish bone marrow/stem cell registry and to support research in illnesses that can be treated with bone marrow/stem cell transplantation”
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I have to agree with Lena's comments above.
...........................................................................................
As a matter of fact, all she has done recently is taking some ten-day course at university and constantly handing out prizes given by organisations she's sometimes connected to as a patron, sometimes not - you wouldn't know the difference. She has no profile as of now, and claiming that the mere regal existence under the title of Crown Princess is already enough would be very short-sighted:
.........................................................................................
Currently, she's not using any of the opportunities and the potential which her privileged status provides.

I agree with you. A commoner struggles to make his fortune whereas V has her fortune laid ahead and she :whistling: looks, acts, etc. at least indifferently...

What does she wrote to her older brothers?

I don´t follow Victoria too much, but I have always had a positive impression of her. I don´t think you can compare her to Mary, or any of the other crown princesses because they will all be consorts of the regent, whereas Victoria will become regent. So, to some extent she cannot become as involved in things as Mary or other crown princesses because her role will change vastly when she becomes regent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom