Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 8: December 2008 - June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Johan T Lindwall from Expressen wrote last week that Victoria is finishing her "queen school" this year and prepare for the wedding with Daniel Westling in 2010. According to Lindwall, the swedish court has confirmed that Victoria will study very intensively this year, she will concentrate in political science.
Kvällsposten Expressen/Slutspurten mot bröllopet

Does anyone know exactly what this 'Queen School' education entails?

Johan T Lindwall from Expressen wrote last week that Victoria is finishing her "queen school" this year and prepare for the wedding with Daniel Westling in 2010. According to Lindwall, the swedish court has confirmed that Victoria will study very intensively this year, she will concentrate in political science.
Kvällsposten Expressen/Slutspurten mot bröllopet

I was dreaming that Daniel might be slowing leaving .. oh well. I just can not see him as Prince Consort - no matter how much I try.

Everything John T. Lindwall writes has to be taken with a grain of salt - his information usually is based on what he calls in this article (quote) "my sources at the Palace", meaning of course: It's practically gossip, no official confirmation from the Royal Court Press Department whatsoever.
As far as CP Victoroia's alleged "Queen school" is concerned, it's pretty much closed these days, at least as far as public appearances are concerned.
She has no more engagements in February, and as of now exactly two public appearances (both on the 12th, her nameday) have been announced for the whole month of March.
She's not officially studying at any university either. No other activities have been confirmed. Actually, there's no reliable information at all about how she spends all her free time currently.

She has no more engagements in February, and as of now exactly two public appearances (both on the 12th, her nameday) have been announced for the whole month of March.
She's not officially studying at any university either. No other activities have been confirmed. Actually, there's no reliable information at all about how she spends all her free time currently.

As I've posted earlier I'm quite sure that not all her engagements are public.

Just look at a similar website, the brand new british royal site. They write:

"Details of official engagements to be undertaken by members of the Royal Family are published up to eight weeks in advance. Information available varies from engagement to engagement, depending on factors such as security."

I think its the same in Sweden.

Yes, it has been reported that CP Victoria does make some private visits not listed in the calendar of engagements, for example in connection with the ‘Victoria Fond’, the charitable fund for the handicapped which was established at her birth.
But as there are no full time studies, no organization she would have founded on her own initiative and would be working with continuously, no main emphasis on certain issues and now next to no public work as Crown Princess for many weeks on end, I’m wondering what her focus at the moment might be.
Wives of heirs to the throne – all of them with family – have been criticized in the past for a low profile which was still far more substantial than Victoria’s current one.

No way for low profile critic

Yes, it has been reported that CP Victoria does make some private visits not listed in the calendar of engagements, for example in connection with the ‘Victoria Fond’, the charitable fund for the handicapped which was established at her birth.
But as there are no full time studies, no organization she would have founded on her own initiative and would be working with continuously, no main emphasis on certain issues and now next to no public work as Crown Princess for many weeks on end, I’m wondering what her focus at the moment might be.
Wives of heirs to the throne – all of them with family – have been criticized in the past for a low profile which was still far more substantial than Victoria’s current one.

Just remember the last official date: It was only one week ago in London. I cant remember where I read it, but I think I've read something about studies in political science, but I can't remember the source of information.

Organization she would have founded on her own initiative and would be working with continuously, main emphasis on certain issues ? Is that really the mayor issue of a future Queens work?

I guess her focus for the next few weeks might be on studying or traveling.
Maybe there is no public information about that cause of secuity-reasons.

This low-profile critic has had other reasons, especially a few years ago in norway, and was very unfair and wrong. Remember the last months work of the Crown Princess and you'll find everything from state-visits, banquets, visits in Sweden, visits abroad, ceremonies, concerts, press meetings, birthday parties, anniverses, celebrations in the riksdagen, and, and, and...
No way for low-profile-critic.

What events does victoria have now
i can only see at the court webbsite that she will have an evant in late april
i am usally not that picky and think she has ahd events or had study programme but i think it is a bit far to the next royal duty becouse i do not think she has any study programe now

Victoria with Cher, 23rd November 1999
Olycom
Victoria with singer Carola Häggkvist, 2nd October 2001
IBL Bildbyrå
Victoria with actor Lena Olin, 7th November 2003
Getty Images
Victoria with high jumper Stefan Holm, January 2005
IBL Bildbyrå
Victoria and heptathlon star Carolina Kluft, 8th August 2006
Getty Images

She looks amazing Love her hair and dress . Thanks Ice

Since her engagement she has undergone a complete change. Lovely!

Here are more pics from yesterday,
CP Victoria arriving at the celebration of the Sweden-America
Foundation's 90th anniversary, Stockholm, April 28, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

:previous:
Victorias face is a picture.
Thank you.
X

Crown Princess Victoria at the opening of a new breeding facilities for birds at Nordens Ark in south west Sweden. Nordens Ark is a non-profit foundation with the overarching goal to provide a future for endagerede animals through; breeding and reintroduction programmes, research and information.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Princess Victoria of Sweden attends a photocall after the wedding ceremony of Count Bjoern Bernadotte and Countess Sandra on May 7, 2009 in Mainau, Germany.
Getty
Getty
Getty
Getty

She's beautiful!!

she must have thought to her own wedding next year!!!

Was Daniel Westling also invited to the wedding? It would be so nice to see them together on such events.

Was Daniel Westling also invited to the wedding? It would be so nice to see them together on such events.

Since this wedding had quite a private character, it would be surprising, if he wasn´t invited. Nearly all guests came with their partners.
But I guess he didn´t wanna go. Going for one evening...to a party with ppl, who don´t speak all Svensk might have been frightening and a waste of time for him...unfortunately :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom