The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Wow , Victoria I like the outfit that color looks great on her .Thanks Iceflower.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Gentry

This is really a - wow! And she looks so radiant and happy.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:23 PM

I love her outfit. This is a much better one than the outfits she's worn recently. So stylish and appropriate for the event!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Victoria .Swedish Fashion Exploring A New İdentity 6 February « Myroyal’s Blog
Old 02-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I love her outfit. This is a much better one than the outfits she's worn recently. So stylish and appropriate for the event!
Wow! She looks great. Love the colour, adore the earrings, wouldn't toss the braclet and clutch bag out . . . . but the hair? I want her wonderful, luxuriant, beatifully arranged, hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden opens the 'Exploring A New Identity' Swedish Fashion event at the Design And Textile Museum on February 5, 2009 in London, England.
Not only does she look great, but she is a walking advertisement for Swedish Fashion.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I'm glad you also liked her look that much

Here's another gallery of pics:

Victoria de Suède, ambassadrice de la mode suédoise ! Oh la belle violette...
Old 02-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Serene Highness

waouh she's was so great yesterday!!! very fashion for this event!!
I like this style on her! hope she's going to go on with that style!!

She looks thinner too!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

The colour of yesterday´s outfit was nice, but I don´t like the model of the top. Victoria looks nowadays older than her age.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria looks nowadays older than her age.
LadyFinn, am I right that your mainly interested in Swedish and Spanish royals, aside from the State visit from Finnland to Luxemburg just a few weeks ago. You dig out photos from Letitia and Victoria back to 2003 and even back to the 1990s, some of those elder photos are really good ones.

If I compare five year old photos from Victoria (2004, 2005) with some photos from today (2009), especially the photos from the Fashion Museum in London February 2009 I cant see a difference in the age. On both photos she looks like mid twenty, not thirty.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Let's be realistic here. Crown Princess Victoria will be thirty-two in July this year, and she certainly looks her age - not like twenty-five anymore. There's nothing wrong with that either.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Let's be realistic here. Crown Princess Victoria will be thirty-two in July this year, and she certainly looks her age - not like twenty-five anymore. There's nothing wrong with that either.

There is definitely nothing wrong with that, I agree with you, Boris. What a surprise.
Two examples to show what I've meant with looking like twenty-five by comparing five year old photos with photos from today:

Picture from 2005:
ANP Beeldbank
Picture from 2009:
ANP Beeldbank

and another example to show what I mean:

Picture from 2005:
ANP Beeldbank
Picture from 2009:
ANP Beeldbank
Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Troonopvolgers!: Victoria bij gala.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet/Svenska kläder passar inte en prinsessa!
Crown princess Victoria participated at a panel discussion about the Swedish Fashon when she was in London. She said - with a touch of humor - that swedish clothes doesn´t suit her. She said that she wears swedish clothes when ever she can, but when she is at an official act, there just aren´t any suitable clothes of swedish design that fit to the occasion. She has to think what she wears and she would hope that the swedish designers would make more clothes that she could use.

Her top on Thursday was designed by swedish Anna Holtblad.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Here is a link to Victoria's speech at the opening:
http://www.royalcourt.se/download/18...xtilmuseum.pdf
Old 02-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you very much, Lady Finn!
After reading the article, I am very surprised by the statements of the Crown Princess, as they are both undiplomatic and untrue.
Almost her whole evening wardrobe is made exclusively by Swedish designers, with Lars Walin and Per Engsheden being her long time favorites, and they (including Holtblad) must be rather perplexed (to put it very mildly) by Victoria claiming that she can’t find any Swedish clothes that would suit her for official engagements.
Why didn't she single them out instead of stating that she doesn't find any Swedish fashion suitable for herself?
The whole purpose of this two day London trip was to promote Swedish fashion and design, and it’s quite strange to undermine that purpose by committing such a faux pas.
It was definitely not meant to result in a headline like this (“Swedish clothes are not fit for a Princess”), but Victoria should be professional enough by now to know that the comments she might have intended to be humorous would sound quite different when quoted.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Thank you very much, Lady Finn!
After reading the article, I am very surprised by the statements of the Crown Princess, as they are both undiplomatic and untrue.
Almost her whole evening wardrobe is made exclusively by Swedish designers, with Lars Walin and Per Engsheden being her long time favorites, and they (including Holtblad) must be rather perplexed (to put it very mildly) by Victoria claiming that she can’t find any Swedish clothes that would suit her for official engagements.
Why didn't she single them out instead of stating that she doesn't find any Swedish fashion suitable for herself?
The whole purpose of this two day London trip was to promote Swedish fashion and design, and it’s quite strange to undermine that purpose by committing such a faux pas.
It was definitely not meant to result in a headline like this (“Swedish clothes are not fit for a Princess”), but Victoria should be professional enough by now to know that the comments she might have intended to be humorous would sound quite different when quoted.
Surprisingly I have to agree with you, Boris. Half of the public wardrobe is made by Swedish designers and suits excellent. Swedish design fits for a Crown Princess.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Johan T Lindwall from Expressen wrote last week that Victoria is finishing her "queen school" this year and prepare for the wedding with Daniel Westling in 2010. According to Lindwall, the swedish court has confirmed that Victoria will study very intensively this year, she will concentrate in political science.
Kvällsposten Expressen/Slutspurten mot bröllopet
Old 02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery Purepeople
La princesse Victoria de Suède a-t-elle tapé dans la garde-robe de... Geneviève de Fontenay ?!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Nobility

The last photo's are very beautiful from Victoria black and white I like that!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh she looks great. Beautiful outfit.

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events