Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 8: December 2008 - June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday evening the crown princess attend the years Gala "Kungl. Akademien för de fria konsternas".

I have found two reports that Sweden is not ready for Victoria as Queen of Sweden:

Google Nachricht

Google Nachricht

Why would we be ready for "Queen Victoria"? The day will come when our current King dies and that is the day we will have Queen Victoria. Our regents remain regents until their last breath and I am sure it will be the same with King Carl Gustaf and when that time comes, Queen Victoria as well.

I´m sure that king Carl Gustaf will reign quite many years still, he is only 63 years old. Crown princess Victoria will be a great queen one day, but that day is quite long away still. These queries are quite unnecessary now.

I´m sure that king Carl Gustaf will reign quite many years still, he is only 63 years old. Crown princess Victoria will be a great queen one day, but that day is quite long away still. These queries are quite unnecessary now.

Actually, I think i would be pretty cool if the king retired (abdicated) at 65 as the rest of us Swedes (or 67). He always tried to be a modern king, and being an active pensioner who has time for journeys and interests are quite modern if you ask me :) BUT I dont think he will AND he has a record to beat! His great grandfather Gustav V was king of Sweden for 43 years - thats the 2:nd longest reign in Sweden:Magnus Eriksson was king of Sweden for 45 years (but he was 3 years old when he became king in 1319)... and our current king has 37 years on the throne :) so I hope he will beat that record!

I also hope time passes before Victoria geets to be Queen, let her have some years with a husband and to start a family and be with her family for several years before she has to assume the duties of Queen. It will also give Daniel time to get use to his role.
No matter when she becomes Queen I do think she will do her best and be an excellent Queen

victoria hasen't been active recently we haven't get the opportunity to see her this year

I'm looking forward to seeing these new outfits!!!

Does this article say that the designer of the wedding dress is still unknown??? I'm using google translator and that's what it says but not sure about that because I thought the designer was a swedish one

does victoria get a salary she has her own budget as a crown princess or the king give her money

does victoria get a salary she has her own budget as a crown princess or the king give her money

I presume she recieves money from the state, like most families. :)

The King is the only one who gets an appanage from the state, it is he who then distributes it amongst his wife and children.

Madeleine had a vacation in Verbier and now Victoria's in Milan. I rarely see them together, unless it's in an official capacity. Do they not like hanging out with each other?? Nothings wrong with leading separate lives. It just strikes me as odd to see two sisters who don't seem to be very close. They make time to go on trips with friends, but not with each other.

I have a sister and since we both have our own life we do not holiday together..so I think it is far too normal

Perhaps it's difficult to get together due to their schedules.

CP Victoria named Business Woman Of The Year

Hello,

I'm new here and I admire our Swedish Crown Princess a great deal.

She has been named 'Business Woman Of The Year' by the Business and Professional Women organisation (BPW Sweden) :)

Crown Princess Victoria presented the Sweden-America Foundation's
scholarship at a ceremony held at the Institute of International Affairs
in Stockholm, Sweden, April 27, 2010. The 29 holders of the scholarships
will travel to North America for further research in such varied topics as
climate change, terrorism and the drag show group After Dark.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I'm looking forward seeing her and Daniel tomorrow at the King's birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess visited a hospital yesterday, journalists were forbidden to ask questions. Victoria thanked the organizers and the hospital because she got to celebrate the hospital's 100th anniversary.
- I am very grateful to be here and see the hospital. In addition, it is the first time I am in Seattle, so I'm very happy.
Of Madeleine she said:
- My sister unfortunately couldn´t come, but that means I got the opportunity.
Victoria also got a T-shirt with the words "I love Swedish babies".
Crown Princess held up the shirt and laughed:
- Oh, I do love Swedish babies.
People were very impressed with the Crown Princess for her commitment and expertise, despite the rapid schedule. Dan Dixon, Deputy Head of Communications at the hospital, said: When we walked around I was struck immediately by her intelligence, she wasn´t only interested but also asked competent questions. After the long flight and everything that happened - it's impressive.
Victoria tog över när Madeleine ställde in - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom