Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 5: May 2006 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle

Heir Presumptive
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Victoria at the European Athletics Championships: August 2006

Crown Princess Victoria has accepted the invitation to attend the Opening Ceremony of the 19th European Athletics Championships in Gothenburg, Sweden in August.

The Crown Princess has also expressed interest in attending parts of the competitions. The Crown Princess' Household together with the organising committee will plan a schedule for her attendance together.

The Queen is the competition's highest protector, but both the King and Queen have turned down the invitation to attend, which has caused some discussion among sports fans and media, as the King is otherwise a very sports interested person. The Royal Court have said that the Royal Couple will be on private vacation at the time.

Sources: the official website of the 19th European Athletics Championships, Göteborgs Posten

Victoria at the Swedish-British Chamber of Commerce 100th Anniversary: May 12, 2006

While her parents are in New York, Victoria also leave Sweden for London.
Friday 12/5
Attendance at the Swedish-British Chamber of Commerce’s 100th jubilee
London, England

here's pictures from ukpress :

Attachments

• v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 285
  • v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 249
  • v4.jpg
    v4.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 289
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 270
  • v5.jpg
    v5.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 253
  • v6.jpg
    v6.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 240
  • v7.jpg
    v7.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 241
  • v8.jpg
    v8.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 260
Images from getty

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 870
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 246
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Thursday 11/5
> H.R.H. The Crown Princess
Awarding of the FSF-NUTEK Prize 2006
The Government Offices, Stockholm
from scanpix via royalcourt.se

Red is definitely one of Victoria's best colours, she looks great in it! Thanks for the pictures from London p_p, let's hope Victoria gets some serious shopping done while she's there! :D

This past Tuesday, Crown Princess Victoria attended The Friends of Nordiska Museet and Skansen’s Annual Meeting at Nordiska Museet on Royal Djurgården in Stockholm. Pictures from the museum's website.

Last edited:
CP Victoria is maturing. She looked like her teenage self well into her twenties. She is now maturing and is definitively looking older than just a couple of years ago. We all matured in our twenties - some for the better - some not.

grevinnan said:
CP Victoria is maturing. She looked like her teenage self well into her twenties. She is now maturing and is definitively looking older than just a couple of years ago. We all matured in our twenties - some for the better - some not.
true... I think Victoria looks alot better now than she did a couple of years ago... she has really "grown into her looks" and that her style has improved helps to :)

Im so glad she wore the red dress again, its beautiful. She has been experimenting with her more recently so I have hope that we will see less and less of the ponytail.

some more photos from Getty

she looks very pretty (minus the pony tail :D )

Attachments

• 57590627.jpg
    57590627.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 57590638.jpg
    57590638.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 57590652.jpg
    57590652.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 293
Ingvar Kamprad, founder of IKEA, is seen being presented the Lifetime Achievment Award by Princess Victoria of Sweden at the Swedish Chamber of Commerce Centenery Celebrations on May 12, 2006 in London, England.

from getty images

Attachments

• 57590786.jpg
    57590786.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 57590784.jpg
    57590784.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 57590659.jpg
    57590659.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 57590646.jpg
    57590646.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 57590634.jpg
    57590634.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 57590633.jpg
    57590633.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 57590629.jpg
    57590629.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 57590642.jpg
    57590642.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 258
We're still battling the ponytail but at least Victoria stopped wearing those awful glasses with darkened shades but weren't exactly sunglasses. Victoria does look lovely in red. Thanks for posting all those pictures. She does look kind of different to me in these pictures. Not in the maturing from her teen years kind of way (she has) but more recently. Even from her father's birthday, something's a little different IMO but I don't know what. Maybe thoughts of an impending engagement....? :D

soCal girl said:
We're still battling the ponytail but at least Victoria stopped wearing those awful glasses with darkened shades but weren't exactly sunglasses. Victoria does look lovely in red.
Thankfully she stopped buying glasses with Daniel (have you seen his Clark Kent gone-bad glasses:eek: ):D
Red is one of the best colors on her, she's young and beautiful and should wear more vibrant colors (just not frog-green please:D)

Thursday 11/5
Awarding of the FSF-NUTEK Prize 2006
Rosenbad Government Offices, Stockholm

More from tv4.se :

Crown Princess Victoria presented the FSF-NUTEK Prize 2006 at the Government Offices (called Rosenbad in Swedish) in Stockholm. She also took the opportunity to show off her new, daring summer style were a skirt with a slit stirred great attention.
(thanks GrandDuchess for the translation)

mmmm ... is it me or the brown top doesn't suit her ?
Otherwise she is beautiful and radiant :) .

And she seems to showing a new air of confidence.

Crown Princess Victoria attends a Swedish Chamber of Commerce Centenary Dinner at The Dorchester
May 12, 2006

from UK press :

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,447
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 411
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 309
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 333
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 387
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 471
more from UKpress :

apparently the Duke of Kent was also present.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 395
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 314
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 283
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 512
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 399
I think for daily outfits she should were short sleeves. I don't know why but I think that looks better on here.. The pink gala dress is looking gorgeous on here.. And I really love here hair on this way

wow, gorgeous dress! I loved it when she wore it last time to, looks great on her

yes, she is looking very beautiful in this dress, and i like her hair-syle. Bravo Victoria!!

several more from uk press :

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 325
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 441
Wow, I simply love Victoria this way. She looks stunning. The dress is georgeous, and her hair is beautiful this way.
She looks so much more self-confident and very, very happy!
Thanks for posting the nice pictures, purple_platinum.

Victoria looks fabulous! The dress looks better than it did on Nobel 2004. I think it's because there's not a huge Napoleonic tiara on her head. It's such a pretty color and the hair!!!....now that's what I'm talking about.

purple_platinum said:
Crown Princess Victoria attends a Swedish Chamber of Commerce Centenary Dinner at The Dorchester
May 12, 2006

from UK press :

Thanks for the pictures purple_platinum! :)

When you see pictures of Victoria all dolled up like this it makes you realize what fashion potential she has, even when it's something that's so simple but so perfectly elegant. It makes someone like me despite the ponytail and all the dark heavy colours even more when you see her with her hair down, framing her face and in such a feminine and complimentary colour.

mims111 said:
I agree with you. She is beautiful. This is beautiful crown princess Victoria, future queen of Sweden.

My thoughts exactly.

"When you see pictures of Victoria all dolled up like this it makes you realize what fashion potential she has,..."

This is very true as well. She could be a fashion leader. Forget the ponytail and the glasses. She shall lead!:)

My guess she has no intention to become a fashion icon. She will one day be a reigning queen and that is a job that requires years of training. Leave the role of fashion icon to women with yearning for such things.

grevinnan said:
My guess she has no intention to become a fashion icon. She will one day be a reigning queen and that is a job that requires years of training. Leave the role of fashion icon to women with yearning for such things.

well I gotta agree with you in what's about her focusing in the important stuff as future Head of State, but anyway she will be the image of her country (already is) so in a way she'll be a fashion icon, just not the way her sister or Princess Caroline are;)

Yes, you are absolutely right, grevinnan. I was just going off on a silly tangent. She will be regent and that is indeed a far more serious role. Something in which, she as crown princess, is alone among the other crown princesses of her generation. Yet creating her own fashion niche as well. Not like her sister or Caroline indeed!

Victoria looks fantastic! She is just wonderful, the pink is a great colour on her.

I think its great how she's not obsessed over style and fashion, hair and makeup - it makes her unique. She is extremely attractive and doesn't require a lot of work! Having said that, I love to see her when its a special occasion and she is in a pretty frock, with hair and makeup done.

trippc said:
Victoria looks fantastic! She is just wonderful, the pink is a great colour on her.

I think its great how she's not obsessed over style and fashion, hair and makeup - it makes her unique. She is extremely attractive and doesn't require a lot of work! Having said that, I love to see her when its a special occasion and she is in a pretty frock, with hair and makeup done.

I have to agree with you, when someone pretty like Victoria gets all dolled up the results are awesome, while women who are always groomed, not a hair out of place lose their charm after a while:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom