Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 5: May 2006 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found new lovely photos of Crown Princess Victoria (I haven't seen them before). There are 10 photos (Royal Swedish Academy over "Engineering Sciences" in Stockholm and Victoria in palace).

Here is the link: http://www.koninginnen.web-log.nl/ (there are a lot of pictures of other royals too, so just scroll down).

Here is the link of Carl Johan Bernadotte's birthday dinner from 31.10.2006:
http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/search.cmd?searchtype=SIMPLE_SEARCH&fritekst2=Carl +Johan+Bernadotte%27s+90th+birthday

Last edited:
robby86 said:
I can't read what it says. Can someone tell what was going on?
Its an article about the birthday party of the Kings uncle prince Carl Johan Bernadotte. The king and crownprincess Victoria was there but not the rest of the family. The article doesnt menation why.

At Saturday 14th October was the crown princess together with her parents by 150 years celebration SEB in Stockholm.

Who can give links to celebration-websites? Thanks!

At Saturday, 18th November, the crown princess has following event:

Närvaro vid Rikslottastämman, City Conference Center/Stockholm

What Organisation is "Rikslottastämman". What are they doing?

ursulajohanna said:
At Saturday, 18th November, the crown princess has following event:

Närvaro vid Rikslottastämman, City Conference Center/Stockholm

What Organisation is "Rikslottastämman". What are they doing?

Saturday, 18 November

> H.R.H. The Crown Princess Victoria
Attendance at the Assembly of the Swedish Women's Voluntary Defence Service. City Conference Centre, Folkets Hus, Stockholm

I haven't seen any photos from this event, yet.

Swedish Women's Voluntary Defence Service also known as Lottorna, is Sweden's largest defence organisation open only to women. The organisation is non-political and all based on voluntary contribution. Since the foundation the tasks undertaken by Lottorna have increased and they have also become more varied. Staff officers in non-combat posts are more and more being replaced by trained members of Lottorna. Lottorna is responsible for a great number of tasks in the national defence including the Army with the Home Guard, the Navy and the Air Force. A very important and basic principle for Lottorna is the voluntary engagement, which means that the women themselves choose their tasks.

I agree afro1920, I just dont think Victoria, as much as I like her, has any sense of style. She should have waited more, we just saw this outfit early September, I believe, anyhow, I found more pics, look under november 22nd

http://www.koninginnen.web-log.nl/

Royal supper for the Swedish Parliament
STOCKHOLM 2006-11-21. Today King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden gave a supper for the members of the Swedish Parliament, at the Royal Palace, Stockholm.

See the Polfoto pictures here .

:flowers:
I like Victoria's blouse, even if it's old. I'm not sure about her hairdo.. it looks a bit oldfashioned to me... nevertheless she looks elegant and beautiful!

Last edited:
Her Mother looks amazing in that shade of green. I also think that shade would look nice on Victoria.

Well I think that Madeline spends all the clothes budget. LOL Or maybe she's trying to be a frugal monarch to be. Either way, she's one of my favorites and I'm glad the law changed that she was allowed to be the Queen to be! C'mon Great Britian, Spain and Denmark! Get with the 21st Century.

avrilo said:
I agree afro1920, I just dont think Victoria, as much as I like her, has any sense of style. She should have waited more, we just saw this outfit early September, I believe

Basically this is not the same outfit. At Stockholm Water Prize 2006 on 24.08.2006 she was wearing white&green gown (imo very becoming colour for brunettes). On 21.11.2006 she was wearing white&brown gown. So, she is not wearing the same outfit, just the same white blouse/jacket. I think that her white&brown gown was a good choice for this kind of event. However, I'm not so sure about her hairdo, too.

did not victoria attened a dinner this week i think i have seen a photo of her wearing a red dress

Yes, on Monday 27 November Victoria attended a gathering at the Royal Swedish Academy of Music which was followed by a dinner at the Grand Hôtel. Can you give us a link of this photo?

Tartucat said:
Many thanks for the link. Victoria is looking very beautiful in red dress. Is this new? Somehow her hair are looking silvery. Must be the lighting. Sorry that there was only one photo. Hope that there will be a lot of pics from Victoria's upcoming visit to Paris.

The dress isn't new. Victoria wore it several years ago, a few times that I know of.

Lovely Victoria... once she gets rid of that silly ponytail she will be my favorite princess...

I see her with a woman priest, of what religion is that churcht¿, and what is Victoria´s religion, pardon my ignorance

She's Lutheran so I think that it's a Lutheran church.

Crown Princess Victoria participated last night on a live broadcast with TV4.

Since the first Swedish astronaut is up in space on the international space station there is a highly contagious space-mania in Sweden right now. Victoria admitted that the whole court, including mother and father, were infected by it.

Yesterday evening TV4 broadcasted a live interview from the space station with the astronaut Christer Fuglesang and his German collegue Thomas Reiter.

Crown Princess Victoria looked very relaxed and asked good and relevant questions. On behalf of her father she also invited Christer Fuglesang to the castle when he returns from space.

There are pictures and links to the interview from this point:
http://www.tv4.se/nyheter/fuglesang/512491.html

scroll down and click on ''Se intervjun med Fuglesang igen''.
(The first 2 minutes a male host introduces the show, then a female host takes over and walks into the studio where Crown Princess Victoria along with guests are present.) The Crown Princess was present the whole hour.

We have also seen live photage of Christer Fuglesang breaking the world record in space walking, he was out 60 meters from the locks to do some work on a new set of solar panels on the space station.

Last edited:
I saw this programe live on tv and i thought that Victoria handled herself extremely well, asking good questions and looked cencerly interested (as she always do) and also looked great.

No she is not... as far as the public is concerned.

Doesn't CP Victoria do and interview with a puppet around this time, or am I mistaken.

robby86 said:
No she is not... as far as the public is concerned.

Doesn't CP Victoria do and interview with a puppet around this time, or am I mistaken.
She used to, and her mother before her, do a interview with a green puppet called Skurt. But this year the royal court announced that she did not have time to do an interview

Was there a special reason why she would do an interview with a puppet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom