Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 5: May 2006 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday Sunday 18 June, Crown Princess Victoria attended "Airshow 2006" at F7, Skaraborg's flotilla formation, marking of the Air Force’s 80th anniversary.

Picture one is by Peter Liander from the Defence, number two is by Ulf Fabiansson and the Royal Court, number three is by Nya Lidköpingstidningen.

Attachments

• Airshow 2006 F7 Skaraborg 19 jun 2006 (Ulf Fabiansson, hovet).jpg
    Airshow 2006 F7 Skaraborg 19 jun 2006 (Ulf Fabiansson, hovet).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 286
  • Airshow 2006 F7 Skaraborg 19 jun 2006 (Peter Liander, FBB).jpg
    Airshow 2006 F7 Skaraborg 19 jun 2006 (Peter Liander, FBB).jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Airshow 2006 F7 Skaraborg 19 jun 2006 (Nya Lidköpingstidn).jpg
    Airshow 2006 F7 Skaraborg 19 jun 2006 (Nya Lidköpingstidn).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 256
Today Monday, Crown Princess Victoria gave precedence to The Exlibris Society of Sweden (bookplate) in the Bernadotte Library at the Royal Palace. The society presented her with a personal exlibris, made by Vladimir A Sagerlund. The society has earlier presented Prince Carl Philip with a personal exlibris as well. Maybe Princess Madeleine is next! :)

Picture by the Royal Court.

Attachments

• Exlibris 19 jun 2006.jpg
    Exlibris 19 jun 2006.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 348
Yesterday Crown Princess Victoria attended a reception and information meeting with the AAPKI Foundation at the Royal Mews in Stockholm, about the help project that the foundation has set up to send new homes with fireplaces to earthquake victims in Pakistan. The King recently bought a cabin for the project, read about that here.

Here Victoria is with two 13 year old students and their teacher, whom have helped raise 16 000 SEK to the project at a school bazaar. Picture by Petter Oftedal via Expresssen.

Attachments

• Hovstallet, AAPKI 20 jun 2006.jpg
    Hovstallet, AAPKI 20 jun 2006.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 324
crisiñaki said:
Victoria is glaming up a lot these days, isn't she?
The last week I've seen her wearing lots of dresses and skirts, she's very elegant and that black hat is incredibly chic:)

Yes she is - i have a feeling she's employed a stylist. I've just noticed - THE GLASSES ARE GONE!!!!! She looks so good and i'm impressed that she's recycling her clothes as well.

Personnaly,I see that she's always the same,just happiness makes her glowing,it's love and maturity maybe

Do you know, where the crown princess spent her Midsummer-celebration?

In Solliden, too - where stay the royal couple with friends or at other place?

ursulajohanna said:
Do you know, where the crown princess spent her Midsummer-celebration?

In Solliden, too - where stay the royal couple with friends or at other place?
I assume the royal couple spent midsummer at Solliden... they were seen biking at Öland the day after. No clue about the children.

The last couple of times I belive she was in NY. So maybe she spent it with her sister. Just my thinking:D

A few weeks ago Victoria visited Brunnsvikens canoe club where children with handicaps can try canoeing. She went on a trip with an instructor and some members... unfortunately the weather was bad... it rained :)

photos from SVT

Last edited:
European Athletics Championships 2006

finally some new pics.. :flowers: :lol:

Swedish Princess Victoria opens the European Athletics Championships 2006 at the Ullevi stadium in Gothenburg, Monday 07 August 2006.

from ANP-EPA/OLIVIER HOSLET & Reuters (via yahoo) & AP-Polfoto

Attachments

• 3330205.jpg
    3330205.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 3330215.jpg
    3330215.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 241
  • r3270568357.jpg
    r3270568357.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 301
  • r1850429184.jpg
    r1850429184.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 300
  • r6411608.jpg
    r6411608.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 414
  • v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Right now Crown Princess Victoria is in Gotheburg on the west coast of Sweden to attend the 19th European Athletics Championships at the Ullevi Stadium.

She looks very tanned (perhaps the Swedish media has also totally missed out on her on a vacation in France...), but that outfit is horrendeous! It looks like something that an old grandma would wear...

Pictures by Alexander Hassenstein/Bongarts/Getty Image

Attachments

• EM 7 aug 2006_4.jpg
    EM 7 aug 2006_4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 233
  • EM 7 aug 2006_1.jpg
    EM 7 aug 2006_1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 273
  • EM 7 aug 2006_2.jpg
    EM 7 aug 2006_2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 266
  • EM 7 aug 2006_3.jpg
    EM 7 aug 2006_3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 237
  • EM 7 aug 2006_7.jpg
    EM 7 aug 2006_7.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 281
  • EM 7 aug 2006_6.jpg
    EM 7 aug 2006_6.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 401
  • EM 7 aug 2006_5.jpg
    EM 7 aug 2006_5.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
nice to see her again! but... what is she wearing :ohmy:

Good to see Victoria again. I think she looks beautiful. Her tan suits her.

Thank you for the picture series! :flowers:
Is it just me or does Victoria look, as if this wouldn´t be her day and not the place, she wants to be and as if this, all together, would be faaar tooo soon after her faaaar tooo short summer vacation :rolleyes: Well, could just be the pics...it´s not always fair to judge moods from pics...

Maybe she just isn't so big sport fan... :lol: yeah, she looks a little borring and her smile isn't so natural.

Finally new pics . she looks good to me.

She is at a sports event. Would look silly to sit there with a grin on her face all day.

grevinnan said:
She is at a sports event. Would look silly to sit there with a grin on her face all day.
Why would it look silly to smile when opening a sports event?:ohmy: Especially an important international sport event like this. (AND on a day where their golden girl Karolina Klüft basically got handed the gold medal before even starting to compete.)

And who is talking about all day? It was the official opening so it would not be to much to ask that she atleast pretended to like it for 5 minutes, its her job afterall, she looked even more gumpy on TV than on theese pictures:ermm:

Last edited:
Why assume she doesn't want to be there maybe doesn't feel well.

I think she looked good, except for the shirt, it just didn't suit her. The pants were alright, but again, the shirt!! What was she thinking? The tan looks good on her though.

Victoria will award the gold to Carro tonight!

Picture by Aftonbladet Bild

Carolina Klüft has just won her 5th straight championship (6th if you count the junior world title) in heptathlon at the European Championships in Gothenburg tonight! Crown Princess Victoria was in the crowd (I saw someone who looked like Prince Carl Philip as well, but I don't know if it was really him), and just after 9 PM she will be the one to award the gold medal at the prize giving ceremony. "Flower girl" will be the Vice President of the EU Commission, Margot Wallström.

Picture by Carina Olofsson, Göteborgsposten

Crown Princess Victoria watched the morning session at the stadium today, and after that she left together with the General Secretary of the Swedish Athletic Association and her Court Marshal, Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, to go on the tram together with a group of Swedish athletes.

http://www.gp.se/gp/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=625&a=289808

Last edited:
I think the way her (beautiful) hair is, makes her look a bit harsh. It's usually in a poney tail or just hanging down. She could do lots of things with it (not necessarely elaborate) and it would make her look younger IMO.

In a very emotional prize giving ceremony for the women's heptathlon earlier tonight, Swedish Carolina Klüft received her European gold medal from the hands of Crown Princess Victoria. The 30 000 crowd gave her an enourmous response as she secured the gold, and when she stepped up to receive it - tears came.

Victoria looked great tonight, quite an improvement from the outfit from yesterday, and she was so happy for Carolina. After the ceremony, Carro said to SVT's studio programme:
- To receive the medal from the Crown Princess, hear the national anthem were everyone sang along, it made the tears come when I stood there on the podium.

SVT has the prize giving ceremony online, you can watch it via these links:
Windows Media Player - http://svt.se/content/1/c6/63/55/65/060608-kluftpris.asx
Real Player - http://svt.se/content/1/c6/63/55/65/060608-kluftpris.ram

Pictures 1-5 are by Alexander Hassenstein/Bongarts/Getty Images (the last one without watermark is via Aftonbladet), pictures 6-7 are screencaps from SVT via Aftonbladet.

Attachments

• EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_1.jpg
    EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 253
  • EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_2.jpg
    EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 241
  • EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_4.jpg
    EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 295
  • EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_5.jpg
    EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_5.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 234
  • EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_6.jpg
    EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_6.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 334
  • EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_7.jpg
    EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_7.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 205
  • EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_8.jpg
    EM, Carros sjukampsguld 8 aug 2006_8.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
A few additional pictures from yesterday (Monday), the day when Crown Princess Victoria officially declared the European Championships in Athletics in Gothenburg open... (from the championship's website)

Crown Princess Victoria and Allwin, the mascot of the European Championships (a crane, the landscape bird of Västergötland, were the games are hosted) outside the VIP entrance to Ullevi

In the VIP lounge: Crown Princess Victoria together with Jacques Rogge, President of the International Olympic Committee, Yngve Andersson, Chairman of the Swedish Athletic Association, Lamine Diack, Chairman of the International Association of Athletics Federation, and Hansjörg Wirz, Chairman of the European Athletic Association.

Last edited:
Victoria looks so beautiful in these pictures. Young and radiant!

08/08/2006
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden on a tour of the athletes' village at the European Track and Field Masterships in Gothenburg.

photos by Bobbo Lauhage

Attachments

• victoria1.jpg
    victoria1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 264
  • victoria2.jpg
    victoria2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 247
  • victoria3.jpg
    victoria3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 585
  • victoria4.jpg