The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
one more from billet bladet
aw! that photo is so cute. she is wonderful! thanks for posting.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
aw! that photo is so cute. she is wonderful! thanks for posting.
Victoria has an special gift of making funny faces on pictures, I haven't seen anyone (royal or not) who is capable of doing that, Go Victoria!!!

Old 01-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

By TV-event "around the year with the royal family" at 27th Dec. don't pictures from Nobel-concert few days before the Nobel celebration with the crown princess?
Old 01-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

According to a press release from the organisation Society and Defence, Crown Princess Victoria will attend their Annual National Conference 2006 during the days 17-18 January. It will be held, as tradition follows since many years, in Sälen in Dalarna County. Last year the King attended.

And, according to today's issue of Dagens Industri, Crown Princess Victoria will participate in the World Economic Forum in Davos which will be held in the end of January.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
And, according to today's issue of Dagens Industri, Crown Princess Victoria will participate in the World Economic Forum in Davos which will be held in the end of January.
great news, GrandDuchess..
this is a chance for victoria to increase her economic & diplomatic skills.
i remember last year there're several royals present in switzerland (philippe & mathilde, who else?)
Old 01-14-2006, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
great news, GrandDuchess..
this is a chance for victoria to increase her economic & diplomatic skills.
i remember last year there're several royals present in switzerland (philippe & mathilde, who else?)
Yes, and she has also been present during previous years. I think this year she really wants to attend it because two of the focus points for the meeting will be China (which has been a focus country for her in 2005) and India.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Today Crown Princess Victoria will attend the last two days of the organsiation Society and Defence’s annual national conference in Sälen in the Dalarna County.

Svenska Dagbladet notes in a small piece on her attendance that the King has attended this important even before, but this will be the Crown Princess' first time there. The newspaper also has these two comments from the Secretary-General of People and Defence on her attendance:

- She is interested in the issues, that's the main reason of her coming.

- She chose the programme features about the defence politics and the new defence herself. The issues about the system threatening, organised crime that we bring up on Wednesday she also felt were relevant.

In the end of the article, they note that this will be a break in Victoria's studies (she is apparently still studying society related issues). Right now she is studying constitutional knowledge and gets private tutoring/classes by the Speaker of the Parliament, Björn von Sydow, who is an expert in political science and has a previous university background.

http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/inrikes/did_11560230.asp
Old 01-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess

In the end of the article, they note that this will be a break in Victoria's studies (she is apparently still studying society related issues). Right now she is studying constitutional knowledge and gets private tutoring/classes by the Speaker of the Parliament, Björn von Sydow, who is an expert in political science and has a previous university background.
Thanks for posting this GrandDuchess-dear
And I´m still more impressed of university diplomas, degrees, confirmations etc.
Maybe I´m old fashioned, maybe learning directly from ppl in the government/parliament is the future for crown princes and princesses. But I can´t help picturing Björn and Victoria having tea, cookies and having a little talk about this and that. Well, maybe they take it serious...dunno
Old 01-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

When Crown Princess Victoria arrived at the organisation Society and Defence's annual national conference today, she met 2,5 year old Hedvig Eleonora (my note: nice name btw, it's also the name of an old Swedish Queen) Oskarsson. She asked:

- Where do you have the crown?
- At home in the palace, Crown Princess Victoria answered.

Picture by Ulf Palm/Scanpix via Sydsvenska Dagbladet.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

thanks for the tidbits, GrandDuchess..
that's very cute how Victoria answered that. i'm glad the princess is wearing her hair down quite often these days. she looks good rather than a ponytail.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are some pictures of Crown Princess Victoria's attendance at the organisation People and Defence's annual national conference yesterday, 18 January, in the town of Sälen in Dalarna County. The Crown Princess will attend the last day of the conference today.

Pictures by Ulf Palm/Scanpix via Svenska Dagbladet.

1: Crown Princess Victoria met Ulrika Eleonora Oskarsson at her arrival, 2: Victoria was welcomed by the Chairman of People and Defence, Lars Ekeman, and the County Governor of Dalarna, Ingrid Dahlberg, 3: At the conference, 4: Victoria was seated surrounded by (from left to right) Court Marshal Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the Chairman of The Swedish Trade Union Confederation, Wanja Lundby-Wedin, and County Governor Ingrid Dahlberg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	224302   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	224303   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	224304   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	224305  

Old 01-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Jacob Wallenberg's 50th birthday, January 2006

When did this take place?

From billedbladet
According to BB Victoria looked like a million dollars when she came to the 50th birthday of the Swedish finance man Jacob Wahlenberg at the Grand Hotel
http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.a...ails&Item=3749
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	victori.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	224348  
Old 01-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Smile Yes!

Yes she did look like a million dollars! I love that dress it is gorgeous.:)
Old 01-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
When did this take place?

From billedbladet
According to BB Victoria looked like a million dollars when she came to the 50th birthday of the Swedish finance man Jacob Wahlenberg at the Grand Hotel
http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.a...ails&Item=3749
Thank you for finding this picture Larzen, Victoria looks absolutely gorgeous - definitely like a million bucks!

Of all the big shots (who can be quite full of themselves) in the corporate world, Jacob Wallenberg is one of the few that I really have respect and admiration for. He's quite down to earth and a very open and natural person, unlike many of his colleagues, and despite his family name (Wallenberg, being the most known family of Sweden, the Bernadottes excepted). He turned 50 this past Friday, 13 January, but I don't know when the party was held (I guess it could've been the same day). Dagens Industri had a great interview with him to honour that day, they have it online as well - you can read it here.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
Yes she did look like a million dollars! I love that dress it is gorgeous.:)
Pardon, what does "look like a million dollars" mean? I'd like to understand, I'm sorry I'm Italian...
Old 01-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Thanks for posting this GrandDuchess-dear
And I´m still more impressed of university diplomas, degrees, confirmations etc.
Maybe I´m old fashioned, maybe learning directly from ppl in the government/parliament is the future for crown princes and princesses. But I can´t help picturing Björn and Victoria having tea, cookies and having a little talk about this and that. Well, maybe they take it serious...dunno
In my opinion Björn von Sydow is a 'pratmaskin'. Like many politicians he's got this kind of mouth which goes on and on and on about virtually nothing, and no matter the subject it's always on a positive note.

I can't recall ever seeing a picture of him with a closed mouth.

If Victoria gets to say 'god morning' and 'have a nice evening' when they part without getting interrupted she should feel lucky.

Even a blind chicken can lay eggs, or whatever they say, so i hope Victoria can make something good out of what Björn von Sydow says.

It just struck me, maybe she uses Björn von Sydow as a blow-dryer. If she shows up with wet hair it will only take an hour or so until mr. von Sydow's rather airy mouth has done the trick with her hair
Old 01-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Courtier

Question "Million dollars"

To "look a million dollars" means that someone looks absolutely stunning, as if they have had a million dollars spent on them to look that way if you can get what I am saying.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
To "look a million dollars" means that someone looks absolutely stunning, as if they have had a million dollars spent on them to look that way if you can get what I am saying.
Thanks a lot! Victoria looks like a million dollars to me, too!
Old 01-19-2006, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, Victoria really looked gorgeous, she is getting more beautiful everyday, but I didn't like the dress. Just my opinion, though.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Nobility

Victoria and her siblings and parents are all very attractive people good looking people. They're Scandinavian which generally are very tall people could someone tell me how tall Victoria is?

Closed Thread

Tags
baptism, birthday, crown princess victoria, current events, godmother, holocaust, memorial, ships, swedish academy, world heritage