Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 4: April 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this is my first time posting here. Well, just wanted to share a piece of news about Crown Princess Victoria. I have a Swedish friend who lives in Australia and who met her when she was in Australia in March 2005. Apparently, the Crown Princess was gracious enough to thank her for all the trouble my friend went through to have all the Swedish children attend one of the functions. Not only is she gorgeous, but she also has a warm heart.

Welcome to The Royal Forums madeleinefan. Hope you´ll like it here!

What a lucky friend you have! I´m jealous :)

Also an welcome from me,
I agree that your friend is a lucky person to met someone of the swedish royal family.
Hope you will love it here, and you will post more information like this :)

Hi Yennie, Gita & Cerasma,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope I will have more to post, but I am probably the least likely to meet any member of the Swedish royal family as I live in China! Haha! In any case, I am a fan and even though I don't post often, I drop by and read the forums almost every day. Thanks to all for the great stuff here. Cheers!

CP Frederik and CP Victoria in Luleå yesterday. After lunch in Luleå they boarded the icebreaker Oden, which will go to Stockholm and will arrive on Wednesday. (http://www.kuriren.nu/ )
Lul1.jpg

Sweden´s King Carl XVI Gustaf, Sweden´s Crown Princess Victoria and Denmark´s Crown Prince Frederik pose for photographers prior to a dinner at the townhall of Lulea, northern Sweden, on May 30 , 2005, as part of their participation in the International Royal Colloquium Arctic under Stress - A Thawing Tundra. The pictures are from Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• Lul1.jpg
    Lul1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 490
  • Lul2.jpg
    Lul2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 427
  • lul3.jpg
    lul3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 541
  • lul4.jpg
    lul4.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 558
The last one is funny. :D Do you know what she was doing?

The weirdest thing happend and I had to share. I went out to dinner with some of my family the other week and the most interesting thing happend. I looked over at another table and there was a women I would have sworn to be the CP Victoria. She looked so much like her she should aply to be a body double for Victoria if she needs to get away from the photographers. :D

Victoria is going to Turkey June 13-15!

Kronprinsessan Victoria ska sälja Sverige i Turkiet.
Hon följer med näringsminister Thomas Östros dit 13-15 juni för att bland annat främja svenskt näringsliv, meddelar näringsdepartementet
Turkiet försöker komma med i EU, något som väckt opposition i andra EU-länder än Sverige. Misstron mot Turkiet bidrog till att befolkningarna i Frankrike och Nederländerna nyligen röstade nej till EU-fördraget.
Syftet med Victorias och Östros besök i Istanbul och Ankara är också att diskutera EU-processen.

Dessutom avses besöket fördjupa relationerna mellan Sverige och Turkiet. Östros träffar andre premiärminister Recep Tayyip Erdogan och ekonomiminister Ali Babacan, som är Turkiets chefsförhandlare med EU.
Turkiet är en växande marknad för svenska företag. Där finns nu 70 svenska företag representerade, heter det i ett pressmeddelande från departementet, som inte sprider vidare ljus över vilken roll Victoria ska spela

Turkey

What will she do while in Turkey? I worked out that she will do something in Istanbul and Ankara.

Is she getting married anytime soon? how is her relationship with Daniel going on?

Dating

I am interested to know if there will be a wedding next year but we will just have to wait and see. They have been dating for 3.5 years now. :)

Yennie said:
Victoria is going to Turkey June 13-15!

Kronprinsessan Victoria ska sälja Sverige i Turkiet.
Hon följer med näringsminister Thomas Östros dit 13-15 juni för att bland annat främja svenskt näringsliv, meddelar näringsdepartementet
Turkiet försöker komma med i EU, något som väckt opposition i andra EU-länder än Sverige. Misstron mot Turkiet bidrog till att befolkningarna i Frankrike och Nederländerna nyligen röstade nej till EU-fördraget.
Syftet med Victorias och Östros besök i Istanbul och Ankara är också att diskutera EU-processen.

Dessutom avses besöket fördjupa relationerna mellan Sverige och Turkiet. Östros träffar andre premiärminister Recep Tayyip Erdogan och ekonomiminister Ali Babacan, som är Turkiets chefsförhandlare med EU.
Turkiet är en växande marknad för svenska företag. Där finns nu 70 svenska företag representerade, heter det i ett pressmeddelande från departementet, som inte sprider vidare ljus över vilken roll Victoria ska spela

Thank you Yennie for this information. Great, that she makes one more journey in the first half of the year. One could almost mean, she wants to get as many trips as possible done before the "engagement year". Well, maybe Victoria has just chosen this trip in the wise foresight, that Sweden would have a miserable june with a lot of rain and cold temperatures (I´ve even heard the chances for strawberries to midsummer are very low, says Lena biting in red sweet Austrian non-imported strawberries :p ).
Does Victoria really need to discuss, if Turkey should join the EU or not. IMO here the "weaknesses" of the Royal system show. On the one hand it´s required, that they should have no political opinion (which is of course impossible), on the other hand they are trained in politics...

Victoria's Biological Clock

Short german article (from BUNTE) about Victoria´s interview to this turkish newspaper (I guess that´s the original interview, but I can´t read a single turkish word...maybe a member her can (?) http://www.milliyet.com/2005/06/15/guncel/agun.html ) It says practically the same like the article in Aftenposten...only that they have spiced the article with some sort of "drama" up

Victoria würde nicht auf den Thron verzichten
Auch nicht aus Liebe

Die schwedische Thronfolgerin Victoria würde sich im Zweifel für den Thron und gegen die Liebe entscheiden. "Ich würde nicht auf das Amt verzichten", sagte Victoria in einem Interview, das die türkische Zeitung "Milliyet" am Mittwoch veröffentlichte. "Ich wurde geboren, um Schweden zu helfen, und versuche, mein Bestes zu geben."

Die 27-jährige Victoria, die sich zu einem dreitägigen Besuch in der Türkei aufhielt, ist seit knapp vier Jahren mit dem 31-jährigen Bürgerlichen Daniel Westling liiert. Einer Hochzeit mit ihm müsste die schwedische Regierung zustimmen. In der schwedischen Geschichte gab es nur wenige Ehepartner ohne einen adeligen Stammbaum, darunter die aus Deutschland stammende Königin Silvia. (A wedding would have to be approved of the Swedish government. Sweden´s history has not many couples without a noble genealogy to offer, among them the from Germany coming queen Silvia-> a) the writer has forgotten to relate the sentence to the Royal house. Here it seems as if all the Svenssons would be noble :rolleyes: b) Here it sounds as if the government has made an exception for Silvia. And as if the trend would go back to Royal partners)

Das Verhältnis zwischen Victorias Eltern und Westling gilt als frostig. Für ein Fest der königlichen Familie im Frühjahr soll der Fitness-Studio-Betreiber keine Einladung erhalten haben. (The relationship between Victorias parents and Westling is known for being frosty. It´s said for a festivity of the Royal family in spring the gym owner hasn´t gotten an invitation-> *sigh* it was clear, that also german mags would pick up this story. After having seen a few dozens pics of the meeting at Sofiero, they should know, that this meeting was more an offical duty than anything else. I guess the "real" Bernadottish parties are of an other kind...less stays on the outside, more alcohol and more casual food. And who knows, maybe Daniel has already experienced such a party) Zu den häufigen Hochzeitsgerüchten hat der schwedische Hof bisher keine Stellungnahme abgegeben.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well but isn't that the same old story? For me it seems as Victoria always answers this kind of questions the same way.

mixer2002de said:
Well but isn't that the same old story? For me it seems as Victoria always answers this kind of questions the same way.

Yes, very true. But I´ve a feeling, she´s intensifying the whole thing a bit. Maybe it´s also some kind of strategy...couldn´t it be, that she wants to point out, that the Swedes should try all, so that she hasn´t to deal with this moral conflict?? With "try all" I mean, that they should try as hard as possible to accept Daniel.
Ok, maybe a little bit far-fetched and maybe I´m too much of an intriguer to think like this (?)

"Jeg ble født for å hjelpe Sverige, og jeg forsøker å gjøre mitt beste"
"I was born to help Sweden and I will try to give my best"... I wonder, if I would have to pay her (or the court) money to use this sentence for a science fiction movie...well, I would change a little word "I was born to help Galactica and I will try to give my best" (Hm, ok this sounds beaten...I´ve to think about the name...)

I think the Swedes would be happy to see her starting a family (getting married getting pregnant raising children)

mixer2002de said:
I think the Swedes would be happy to see her starting a family (getting married getting pregnant raising children)

Yes, especially now...when they have to look full of jealousy to the danish and norwegian neighbours

Yeap and Victoria is not the youngest anymore. A lot of females of her age already have got a family.

mixer2002de said:
Yeap and Victoria is not the youngest anymore. A lot of females of her age already have got a family.

Yeap...and personally I wouldn´t mind, when she wouldn´t wait too long. Honestly I´m not too fond of this idea to get children with 35+ It would be good, when Victoria would help to set a new (actually old) trend.

mixer2002de said:
First child before 30? Well than I think she has to hurry.

I haven´t said before 30...but I wouldn´t mind to see a cute snub-nosed Royal baby in 2007 :) With a wedding in summer 2006 this should be possible. I might be wrong, but I guess as soon as she is married the offspring will come pretty fast within a few years.

Well maybe just the pressure the press makes is enough. Afaik they start to ask for children at the soonest and discuss all and everything when they think it takes to much time!

mixer2002de said:
Well maybe just the pressure the press makes is enough. Afaik they start to ask for children at the soonest and discuss all and everything when they think it takes to much time!

Hm, actually the scandinavian press wasn´t too cruel to Mary and MM...so maybe they have also "luck". Let´s hope both don´t have to deal with such a chivvy as Letizia and Felipe.

but well they didn't get dissapointed very much. I think the fems there got pregnant in time so nothing to discuss. In Spain the Crown prince made the mistake that he said he wants to have saveral children imho. Thats why the press got so mad I think.

mixer2002de said:
but well they didn't get dissapointed very much. I think the fems there got pregnant in time so nothing to discuss. In Spain the Crown prince made the mistake that he said he wants to have saveral children imho. Thats why the press got so mad I think.

Fems=females=the crown princesses?
Well, I guess in Spain the idea of getting pregnant directly after the wedding is more spread than in e.g. Scandinavian countries...and IMO that´s why the press got so mad...but I can´t say for sure. Generally I had the feeling the media hasn´t always represented the opinion of the people in this time or vice vera :confused:
Some tabloids seem to have this as strategy: being harder and more cruel than the ppl...so that the ppl defend the Royals (or other ppl, who are covered), but lose at the same time not the interest in the tabloid. Dunno if my explanation made sense.

This isn´t really "news" (it was probably written a few years ago) but I hadn´t read it before, and since its in english and easy for everyone to read, I tought it was worth posting anyway!
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/10/31/DD115667.DTL&type=printable

She says many nice things:

If you know something about a person, you in your mind create a picture of that person. Of course, people shouldn't do that, but they do. .

Usually, I get this comment: 'You're not as stiff as I thought you would be. ' I go, 'Thanks,'.

Before I started doing official duties I never understood why my parents were so tired when they came home at night."

Expressen today reports that the Swedish Football Association is planning on letting Crown Princess Victoria take care of the award giving of the newly established Crown Princess Victoria Trophy from this year on, the trophy is the prize for the winner of Damallsvenskan (the premier football league for women in Sweden) every year. Before the new Crown Princess Victoria Trophy was established earlier this year, it has been the President of the Swedish Football Association that has taken care of the award giving for the national league.

Representatives from the association said to Expressen that Victoria likes the idea, and that they have invited her to do it. But however, Victoria’s fall schedule is not set yet – so therefore it’s not certain if she will be able to do it this year, if not the new tradition will start next year instead.

The Crown Princess Victoria Trophy is made by Klara Schmidt who finished Konstfack (prestigious art school) this year, and her idea about the trophy has been that it should be lighter than normal heavy ones - and it is in she shape of a globe of silver that rotates around its own shoulder. The winning teams get their names inscribed in it before it continues to circle if another team should win next, and all winning teams get a mini version of it to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom