The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Victoria at Musikaliska akademien in Stockholm yesterday

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=515408
WOW, she really looks worn out.:(

Old 01-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

She works tirelessly for her community and Crown & Country Bravo Victoria you get top marks from me :)

Old 01-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
I would like to know where are Victoria's model-like-pictures like the one on robby86's avatar.
Thanks in advance for the one that posts the link
here´s one!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1113662588

from allover
Old 01-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Thanks a lot Yennie.
I have a question, was this the only picture released about her?
If there are others PLEASE post them
Thanks again:)
Old 01-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
At formal jewish events all men wear the jewish cap (sorry but can not remember the correct term). No different from removing your shoes if that is the custom.
yarmulke :)
Old 01-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thanks a lot Yennie.
I have a question, was this the only picture released about her?
If there are others PLEASE post them
Thanks again:)
That was the photo they used on the cover. But there was about three-four more pics. I´ll try to find them! (I think they are somewhere on TRF :) )
Old 02-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Victoria is going to have 2 duties next week. So another week with hardly any work.
IMO it´s getting strange. Can one really need so much time for "various social studies"...and why does the court not provide an insight (press conference, pictures of Victoria meeting with Björn von Sydow etc.), as they have done it with earlier projects
Old 02-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Victoria is going to have 2 duties next week. So another week with hardly any work.
IMO it´s getting strange. Can one really need so much time for "various social studies"...and why does the court not provide an insight (press conference, pictures of Victoria meeting with Björn von Sydow etc.), as they have done it with earlier projects
Maybe she's preparing a wedding?
Old 02-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Maybe she's preparing a wedding?
Ohh let´s hope that that will be true! We have all waited so long now to see Victorias wedding, but somehow i feel that we will have to wait until next year to see her in white in Storkyrkan, but one can always hope
Old 02-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Nobility

Me too I want to see her get married. Somebody should tell her that she only has like 4 more years to have babies successfully. Or some BS like that to scare her... You know what I mean jelly bean.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Victoria must really hurry up! I really want to see her babies as soon as possible!
When I saw her looking at Prince Christian of Denmark at his christining, I couldn't help but wonder when we will see her babies and what a wonderful mother she will be!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Marriage

I don't think Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel will marry until 2007.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Aristocracy

The poster of one of Sweden's weekly gossip magazines;

Celebrity mum accuses the King
Carl Gustaf can cause Victoria to stay childless.

I suppose it's not a surgery we're talking about but the fact that it gets increasingly difficult to become pregnant with age.

(I don't buy the magazines, I just read their silly, imaginative posters )
Old 02-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Courtier

Childless

I agree Daneborn I think that is a silly thing to publish. I don't believe for one second King Carl Gustaf would ever put Crown Princess Victoria in that situation or any of his children for that matter.

I don't think most readers of the magazine would take that the story seriously anyway.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
I agree Daneborn I think that is a silly thing to publish. I don't believe for one second King Carl Gustaf would ever put Crown Princess Victoria in that situation or any of his children for that matter.

I don't think most readers of the magazine would take that the story seriously anyway.
I hope you are right.

However, given the fact that most readers of Hänt Extra are 17 year old girls it's really not easy to predict if they 'filtrate' the information they get from these papers. They might get the impression that the King is a stiff old man who hates little children and does whatever possible to prevent his children to get own children until he's long gone. When you are 17 you might think someone who's 28 (like Victoria) is almost ready for the menopause and looking for a nice nursing home with a sea view.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
I hope you are right.

However, given the fact that most readers of Hänt Extra are 17 year old girls it's really not easy to predict if they 'filtrate' the information they get from these papers. They might get the impression that the King is a stiff old man who hates little children and does whatever possible to prevent his children to get own children until he's long gone. When you are 17 you might think someone who's 28 (like Victoria) is almost ready for the menopause and looking for a nice nursing home with a sea view.
That´s what I also thought at this time...but coming closer to the 28, I´m arranging with this age and start to think (like many others) that 25-35 is a very hip and young age
Actually I think, that (trying to stay as young, childish and independent as possible) is simply the problem and not the king. I get so tired of all these "the king wants his children this or that"-headlines...he strikes me as a guy, who doesn´t care too much for anything. One, who lives with the motto "live and let live"
So I think Victoria and Daniel self simply don´t wanna marry and get children right now. This would influence their career (esp. Daniels) and let´s be honest...liking children, playing and fooling around a little with them is something totally different compared to change their diapers about 1800 times a year, to stand their crying, when they are hungry, to clean, when they have vomited on the floor etc. pp. No doubt own children are great (I guess...I´m no mum yet), but caring for them is another field of reponsibility and work...and I guess also Victoria knows that and therefore she waits until she´s mature (as she says...and which she probably never will...but one time the bio-clock will start to tick )
Old 02-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
The poster of one of Sweden's weekly gossip magazines;

Celebrity mum accuses the King
Carl Gustaf can cause Victoria to stay childless.

I suppose it's not a surgery we're talking about but the fact that it gets increasingly difficult to become pregnant with age.

(I don't buy the magazines, I just read their silly, imaginative posters )
Cause he is not satisfied with potential impregnators?
Old 03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Courtier

there are no pics ov victoria during the batizims ceremony of sverre magnus?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
there are no pics ov victoria during the batizims ceremony of sverre magnus?
The pics are in the thread to the baptism
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-a-8589-4.html

It seems no one of the Royal family will perform duties next week. Knowing, that the easter holidays are not far away, I can ONLY assume, the Royal Court will publish the dates tomorrow.
Another week with Victoria not or hardly working...I can´t believe that.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
At formal jewish events all men wear the jewish cap (sorry but can not remember the correct term). No different from removing your shoes if that is the custom.
if i'm not mistaken, when in a synagogue, all men must wear a yarmulke.

Tags
baptism, birthday, crown princess victoria, current events, godmother, holocaust, memorial, ships, swedish academy, world heritage