The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 03:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Has Princess Victoria arrived in Copenhagen yet?
seeing that Haakon & Mette-Marit were forced to cancel their flight and had to take a train to copenhagen, how about Victoria?
pardon my cluelessness, how to get from stockholm to copenhagen other than by plane?

Old 01-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Nobility

Wow i love what PV wore to the People and Defence's annual national conference. The cardigan was gr8t.

Old 01-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I really like Victoria´s outfit today at the danish baptism. Very classy...only the hat could be removed. She has worn it several times before and it simply doesn´t add much to her beauty. Well, I don´t like hats at all and when they are big, I like them even less

From Face To Face (you can find more pics of her today in the thread to Christian´s baptism)
http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bap12ps.jpg
Old 01-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Cruza
Victoria and her siblings and parents are all very attractive people good looking people. They're Scandinavian which generally are very tall people could someone tell me how tall Victoria is?
Acutually, the Swedish royals aren't tall compared to their countrymen.

I estimate the King is around 1.70 metre and the Queen 1.60.

The average male height in Sweden is 1.80 and the female height 1.66, so they are both shorter than that.

Victoria is taller than Silvia, but I don't know if she's taller than the King. Since she's wearing heels it can be difficult to determine the difference.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
I really like Victoria´s outfit today at the danish baptism. Very classy...only the hat could be removed. She has worn it several times before and it simply doesn´t add much to her beauty. Well, I don´t like hats at all and when they are big, I like them even less
I don't know about the outfit. Looks like second-hand clothes for a baglady. Maybe it's the lighting of the photo.

The hat, well at least she wore one. Those silly bandanas (or whatever they're called) on Mette-Marit's and Mary's heads just show us the obvious; that they aren't used to wearing hats.

They could take some lessons from Camilla. She always wears the most exquisite hats.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
Has Princess Victoria arrived in Copenhagen yet?
seeing that Haakon & Mette-Marit were forced to cancel their flight and had to take a train to copenhagen, how about Victoria?
pardon my cluelessness, how to get from stockholm to copenhagen other than by plane?
You can take the train from Stockholm to Malmö and then change train and go from Malmö to Copenhagen via the Öresund bridge.

Perhaps Haakon and Mette Marit also took that route, or perhaps they went by boat?
Old 01-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
You can take the train from Stockholm to Malmö and then change train and go from Malmö to Copenhagen via the Öresund bridge.

Perhaps Haakon and Mette Marit also took that route, or perhaps they went by boat?
under normal conditions the swedish x2000 continues from stockholm to copenhagen by itself. maybe it didn't last night, i don't know . it depends when victoria arrived. in oslo they got this new thing that they run the airplanes through a hall with infrared heat which is much faster than conventional de-icing, they ought to pick this up in copenhagen.

it's amazing they say there was a snow storm in copenhagen yet i can't see a fling of snow on the pictures outside the church. the footmen must have been busy with the brooms before the ceremony.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

Victoria's outfit at the christening was alright. I thought it made her look matronly. It was a very beautiful event and I thought it was really sweet for Victoria to smile and touch the cheek of the Prince Christian. A good choice for a godmother on the Danish Royal Family's part!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

From Face To Face (you can find more pics of her today in the thread to Christian´s baptism)
http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bap12ps.jpg
I thought Victoria looked really lovely, except for the pony tail, and even though it's winter over there, I thought the hat was a little too 'chunky' for the occassion. She could have gone for something a little smaller and delicate. I loved this photo of her patting Christian's head: http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?im...60guest6im.jpg (from the Prince Christian's Baptism thread). I'm so hopping this makes Victoria want to hurry up and marry Daniel and have kids. I want to see a wedding! :p I thought it was wonderful she was selected as godmother. A very good choice, IMO.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Majesty

there has not been any reports about victoria in davos
Old 01-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
there has not been any reports about victoria in davos
unfortunately not yet.
i'm really dissapointed in this. :( :( there are numerous pictures of Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt (well... because they're the hottest celebrity couple now ), and Queen Rania of Jordan (in which she talked on open forum about muslim). :)
but no.. there are no picture of Victoria, neither a picture of Haakon of Norway. :( :(
but, yes, there was just 1 picture of Mathilde of Belgium.. :)
Old 01-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
unfortunately not yet.
i'm really dissapointed in this. :( :( there are numerous pictures of Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt (well... because they're the hottest celebrity couple now ), and Queen Rania of Jordan (in which she talked on open forum about muslim). :)
but no.. there are no picture of Victoria, neither a picture of Haakon of Norway. :( :(
but, yes, there was just 1 picture of Mathilde of Belgium.. :)
I know, that GrandDuchess has posted, that Victoria will go. But I start to wonder, if she´s really there. No pics and she has/had a duty today in Sweden. Besides her trip to Davos is nowhere mentioned on the official page. Wouldn´t they mention it, when we consider, that the danish crown princely page even mentions the crown princess´birthday in the calendar and the days, when Frederik acts as head of state
Old 01-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I know, that GrandDuchess has posted, that Victoria will go. But I start to wonder, if she´s really there. No pics and she has/had a duty today in Sweden. Besides her trip to Davos is nowhere mentioned on the official page. Wouldn´t they mention it, when we consider, that the danish crown princely page even mentions the crown princess´birthday in the calendar and the days, when Frederik acts as head of state
The royal courts have dfferent standards for what they list as engagements in the official agenda. Neither the Norweigan, Belgian or Dutch house has listed the World Economic Forum as an official duty, maybe because the forum is not uncontroversial and a bit of a posh club, Haakon is taking part in a closed session. I also wonder if Victoria is/has been there since she has an engagement to day, VG worte that the press has very limited access during the forum, and it seems Pregnant Angelina Jolie and hubby to be, is indeed a press magnet compared to some royals most people wont know who are.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

i agree.. perhaps taking photograph of royals would be much more difficult for the limited press access. but, there is of course, the hotel and on the way to the forum, and so on. Do swedish press cover the event? as for Haakon, i read today the norwegian PM spoke at a forum, perhaps Haakon attended this, but there seems to be no picture.
but, yes, royals at world economic forum is a great events, but photos are very rare. last year, when Philippe & Mathilde attended, there're only 3 pictures of them.
and this year, the stars of WEF is definitely Brad & Angelina..
Old 01-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

What I wonder even more about is: Victoria has next week again no duties. I wonder, if she goes skiing...if she helps Madeleine to learn about the good sides of NYC...if she helps Daniel with the new gym (however this would be) or if she studies with Björn von Sydow or alone in the old Bernadotte library
Old 01-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are a few more pictures of a gorgeous Crown Princess Victoria (or to put it as Billed Bladet did, "looking like a million dollars") at the 50th birthday party of the Jacob Wallenberg at the Grand Hôtel in Stockholm in mid-January.

Pictures by Charles Hammarsten via Svensk Damtidning.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for scanning, GrandDuchess.
This outfit is very sexy From behind it looks like a bra and black skirt. So nothing for the NPA ; but for the occasion it looks appropriate.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thanks for scanning, GrandDuchess.
This outfit is very sexy From behind it looks like a bra and black skirt. So nothing for the NPA ; but for the occasion it looks appropriate.
I'm a little bit surprised at the back on the dress too, but the good ol' pony tail saves the day () and covers up part of it. Thanks GD for scanning it.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

She should have a young modern hairdo to go with that sexy dress, not a messy ponytail
Old 01-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very sexy outfit for a beautiful girl but why cant the hair match. Im ok with the ponytail during the day but lets do something a little more fun for a night out.

Tags
baptism, birthday, crown princess victoria, current events, godmother, holocaust, memorial, ships, swedish academy, world heritage