The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
It was a private trip (not mentioned in the weekly schedule). She has done that before (yeah, it almost sounds unbelievable...when one watches her, performing her duties in boring clothes)
Unbelievable indeed. Does she not have a personal stylist?

Old 02-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has ETW

Wonder if she got herself another grey pinnstriped pantsuit....

Old 02-24-2005, 05:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
In this picture she's starting to look like Danne...
So I think psycholigist say that this is a sign for a very serious relationship. And as Daniel adopts to a more serious dresscode he gets more acceptable.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So I think psycholigist say that this is a sign for a very serious relationship. And as Daniel adopts to a more serious dresscode he gets more acceptable.
Interesting :) Isn´t it so that we tend to fall for people who looks like our father/mother? Example: Carl Philip&Emma, Madeleine & Jonas...

And when a couple looks almost the same they have "äktenskapstycke"?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Interesting :) Isn´t it so that we tend to fall for people who looks like our father/mother? Example: Carl Philip&Emma, Madeleine & Jonas...
They say that you subconsciously fall for people who remind you of your (opposite) parent. Sometimes its physical traits and sometimes its personality traits. Other than Emma's hair colour what makes her like Silvia? Or Jonas of Carl Gustaf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
And when a couple looks almost the same they have "äktenskapstycke"?
I don't know what "äktenskapstycke" means. But they say that couples who have been together a long time and are absolutely compatible they start to resemble each other. Like Haakon and Mette-Marit.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
She has ETW

Wonder if she got herself another grey pinnstriped pantsuit....
ETW! A mentor for so many things, it seems. Yeah, another pinstriped pantsuit!
Old 02-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=94284

This photo will be going into my memory as one of my favorites. Marvelous. Thanks for posting it and the other photos.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I was wondering the same! In this picture she's starting to look like Danne...
The resemblance between the two of them, especially seeing Victoria in that photo, is scary. I know most of you will disagree, but I think Victoria looks much better with those glasses than her normal ones.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Year of the Vikings - 2005

Crown Princess Victoria opened "The Year of the Vikings" this afternoon on Gotland, and the first picture of this comes from SVT:
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

news from Gotland...

Kronprinsessan Victoria invigde Vikingaåret

I dag invigde H.K.H Kronprinsessan Vikingaåret 2005. Uppe på Grogarnsberget, vid Katthammarsvik på östra Gotland och med fri sikt över en lång kuststräcka, tände Kronprinsessan en stor vårdkase.

full article and more photos:
http://www.gotlandska.com/artikel.asp?ID=6444

and two videos!
http://www.gotlandska.com/artikel.asp?ID=6445
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you very much for posting, Yennie and GrandDuchess
The second one (of your attached pics) is a "real" Victoria-pic. I haven´t seen this glad beaming look on her for a while. Do you know what I mean (she had this look most time at 18/19...)?

BTW Gotlandska.com is now not running for me (I will try it later again...hope it works then)

Pics from Fotomarktplatz:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	got1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	98874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Got2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	98875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Got3.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	98876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Got4.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	98877  

Old 02-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thank you very much for posting, Yennie and GrandDuchess
The second one (of your attached pics) is a "real" Victoria-pic. I haven´t seen this glad beaming look on her for a while. Do you know what I mean (she had this look most time at 18/19...)?
Maybe Victoria is expecting something happy nobody else knows yet :)
Old 02-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
"The Year of the Vikings" :
What is this :)
Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Another long trip abroad!

After only having been at home for a short period after returning from Australia; it's soon off to the other side of the world again as Crown Princess Victoria will travel to Japan next week - after spending the two days in Copenhagen this weekend (!).

Monday 4/10 – Sunday 10/4
*Visit to Expo 2005, the official opening of “The Swedish National Day” and a visit to the Japanese pavilion (6 April)
*Visit to the Umezono Primary School in Okazaki (friendship city to Sweden)
*Attendance at a seminar hosted by The Swedish Care Institute
*Opening of a design exhibition at the Swedish Embassy in Tokyo
*Attendance at the opening of a new IKEA store in Yokohama
*Luncheon with the Emperor and Empress of Japan (9 April)
Old 04-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Majesty

she has met Emperor and Empress of Japan a few times now

how about the asia trip will that be near the summer
Old 04-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Victoria at the HC Andersen Celebrations in Denmark; April 2005

Crown Princess Victoria tonight at the H.C. Andersen Gala Performance at the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen, Denmark. The pics are from Imagine and one from Polfoto:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	V1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	118841   Click image for larger version

Name:	V2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	118842   Click image for larger version

Name:	V3.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	118843   Click image for larger version

Name:	V4.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	118844  

Name:	V5.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	118845   Click image for larger version

Name:	V6.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	118846   Click image for larger version

Name:	245357684.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	118847  
Old 04-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the pictures, GrandDuchess
Is Victoria reading on this board...and is doing this on purpose ...if so "This is not funny, Victoria"...haven´t I made my point clear, that it would be terrible, when she would have a third meeting with Mary, which would be like the first two?! I don´t want to see glasses with evening wear. I also don´t want to see a top within a few weeks two times. And I don´t want to see the same styles for meetings with the same Royals. The only improvement: her hairdo
Old 04-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its the "Meet the Danes outfit" I like the outfit, always have, and think she looks lovely, the hair is nice but glasses and evening wear is a no no for me, maybe she will wear the green dress for one of the next events My complaint is that she just wore it in Sidney and to the last meeting with Mary
Old 04-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Royal Highness

While she looks lovely, I think she would've looked much nicer in a nice evening dress.

I read that she's staying as a guest at cousin Frederik's home, Kancellihuset.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Thank you for the pictures, GrandDuchess
Is Victoria reading on this board...and is doing this on purpose ...if so "This is not funny, Victoria"...haven´t I made my point clear, that it would be terrible, when she would have a third meeting with Mary, which would be like the first two?! I don´t want to see glasses with evening wear. I also don´t want to see a top within a few weeks two times. And I don´t want to see the same styles for meetings with the same Royals. The only improvement: her hairdo
I know Victoria probably could dress a bit more young and "edgy". The style she had in Australia was really good and suited her, but really so what if she is wearing glasses and the same top within two weeks? She seems to be such a lovely girl and an excellent representative for Sweden, she does so much work all by herself without having the support of a husband/fiance next to her. She is intelligent, hardworking and seems to have a heart. Her job is to represent Sweden, not be a supermodel.

Closed Thread

Tags
awards, book, books, christmas, cooking, copenhagen opera house, crown princess victoria, current events, denmark, finland, hans christian andersen festivities, prizes, sweden, vikings