Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 3: November 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big Technical Prize 2005

February 15, 2005: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden presenting "The Big Technical Price 2005" at The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences in Stockholm. This year's winnner was Mr. Lars Tegnelius.

I liked the suit that Victoria wore, even though it was a little on the "dowdy" side. The only problem with the ensemble was the "extremely annoying" ponytail, that should be chopped off.

Attachments

• 152831.jpg
    152831.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 152833.jpg
    152833.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 376
  • 152834.jpg
    152834.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 152835.jpg
    152835.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 152836.jpg
    152836.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 152837.jpg
    152837.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 152838.jpg
    152838.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 152839.jpg
    152839.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 152840.jpg
    152840.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 152830.jpg
    152830.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 220
More pics...

Attachments

• 152858.jpg
    152858.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 152857.jpg
    152857.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 152856.jpg
    152856.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 152842.jpg
    152842.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 556
  • 152841.jpg
    152841.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 152843.jpg
    152843.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 198
pdas1201 said:
February 15, 2005: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden presenting "The Big Technical Price 2005" at The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences in Stockholm. This year's winnner was Mr. Lars Tegnelius.

I liked the suit that Victoria wore, even though it was a little on the "dowdy" side. The only problem with the ensemble was the "extremely annoying" ponytail, that should be chopped off.
Thanks for the photos. :) Yes, the pony tail. I actually had to shake my self out of a self-induced day-dream about chopping it off and/or changing the hair style. She seems like a lovely person, but it really has to go. I like her suit, but I think a plain shirt, like a pink or something, would have looked a little better. The earrings look very nice though.

That suit is nice, it looks good on her - perhaps the colour could be a bit more shining and not so dowdy - but I approve! :) Now that shirt under it, that's a completely different chapter - I don't think I've seen an ugglier shirt! She looks country in it (at least Americans will understand what I mean, I hope), but it also reminds me of a pyjamas!

This is the first time, that I´m happy about the ponytail! I know sooner or later I sound like a real weirdo, because I stick on this "dream"...when she would have worn open hair again today, then I would have meant, this is her new style and wasn´t something special, she has chosen for the meeting with Daniel Collert ;)

I agree the suit is nice...but through the thick material she looks a bit "chunky"

Is that a black handbag I see Victoria carrying?

Lena said:
This is the first time, that I´m happy about the ponytail! I know sooner or later I sound like a real weirdo, because I stick on this "dream"...when she would have worn open hair again today, then I would have meant, this is her new style and wasn´t something special, she has chosen for the meeting with Daniel Collert ;)

I agree the suit is nice...but through the thick material she looks a bit "chunky"

Well I think we should ignore Lena commenting about Vicktorias hairdo as we never will know her true opinion. Maybe she does not know her own opinion ;). As long a Viktoria does not choose to become a skin head I think her hair do is ok :)

Victoria looked sooo young and beautiful for the recent meating with Daniel and and now this chunky suit and ugly shirt. She decides to spend some money on some new shoes, which she needs, and then she mangages to pick the most boring, beige, no heel shoes in the intired Gucci collection...There are so many wonderful shoes, yet Victoria always goes for the most boring choice. Maybe a little sisterly shoe shopping with Madeleine this weekend....

Crown Princess Victoria (Friday Feb. 18 2005) handed out awards to the healthiest companies of 2005 at the Stockholm Fair (Fotomarktplatz)

Maybe a little sisterly shoe shopping with Madeleine this weekend....

Hopefully not...of late Madeleine´s style is getting a bit boring as well. Or do you think those shoes (well, we can´t see them as a whole) look particularly stylish (the topic was shoes, but I can´t say either, that the pant suit looks nice)?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95498

I like the "new" serious Madeleine very much, but why have those Bernadotte-sisters the weird idea, that "seriousness" can just go together with a boring style??

Attachments

• health1.jpg
    health1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 192
  • health2.jpg
    health2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 195
  • health3.jpg
    health3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
From IS, also from the health fair:

Attachments

• 325464721.jpe
    325464721.jpe
    16 KB · Views: 175
  • 35357468.jpe
    35357468.jpe
    14.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 2525768.jpe
    2525768.jpe
    17.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 1252678.jpe
    1252678.jpe
    14.1 KB · Views: 165
Two more pics from London, they are kind of old but I cant see them any where else:confused:

Attachments

• 1214033_b.jpg
    1214033_b.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 1214044_b.jpg
    1214044_b.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 216
Larzen said:
Victoria looked sooo young and beautiful for the recent meating with Daniel and and now this chunky suit and ugly shirt. She decides to spend some money on some new shoes, which she needs, and then she mangages to pick the most boring, beige, no heel shoes in the intired Gucci collection...There are so many wonderful shoes, yet Victoria always goes for the most boring choice. Maybe a little sisterly shoe shopping with Madeleine this weekend....

I don´t know if they are boring. She always wear such pointy shoes. Maybe boring in color but still really pointy shoes are not boring, I think.

Alejandra said:
Photo of Crown Princess Victoria:D of Sweden during Alberto Biani fashion parade in Milan, Wednesday 23 February 2005.
Thanks for the link! Nice to see her abroad for a short trip abroad, and also seeing her taking an interest in fashion - although I doubt it will show in her wardrobe... :(
mixer2002de said:
Did she borrow those googles from her boyfriend?
I was wondering the same! In this picture she's starting to look like Danne...

GrandDuchess said:
Thanks for the link! Nice to see her abroad for a short trip abroad, and also seeing her taking an interest in fashion - although I doubt it will show in her wardrobe... :( I was wondering the same! In this picture she's starting to look like Danne...

OMG! Do we have to see those glasses at every single event in the future??? I fear we have. And I´m sure, I can name the reason for that:Westling

@Alejandra
Thank you so much for posting the link :)

@Mixer
Wow, you have reached your 666th post, must mean more to you than the 1000th ;)

Is she in Milan for an official trip or just shopping for some new clothes?

i do not think she was there on royal duty
does sweden have a fashion week
we had a few years ago

Alisa said:
Is she in Milan for an official trip or just shopping for some new clothes?

It was a private trip (not mentioned in the weekly schedule). She has done that before (yeah, it almost sounds unbelievable...when one watches her, performing her duties in boring clothes)

Princess Victoria today...
showLayoutImage.pl

Lena said:
It was a private trip (not mentioned in the weekly schedule). She has done that before (yeah, it almost sounds unbelievable...when one watches her, performing her duties in boring clothes)

Unbelievable indeed. ;) Does she not have a personal stylist?

She has ETW;)

Wonder if she got herself another grey pinnstriped pantsuit....

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
In this picture she's starting to look like Danne...
So I think psycholigist say that this is a sign for a very serious relationship. And as Daniel adopts to a more serious dresscode he gets more acceptable.

So I think psycholigist say that this is a sign for a very serious relationship. And as Daniel adopts to a more serious dresscode he gets more acceptable.
Interesting :) Isn´t it so that we tend to fall for people who looks like our father/mother? Example: Carl Philip&Emma, Madeleine & Jonas...

And when a couple looks almost the same they have "äktenskapstycke"?

Yennie said:
Interesting :) Isn´t it so that we tend to fall for people who looks like our father/mother? Example: Carl Philip&Emma, Madeleine & Jonas...

They say that you subconsciously fall for people who remind you of your (opposite) parent. Sometimes its physical traits and sometimes its personality traits. Other than Emma's hair colour what makes her like Silvia? Or Jonas of Carl Gustaf?

Yennie said:
And when a couple looks almost the same they have "äktenskapstycke"?

I don't know what "äktenskapstycke" means. But they say that couples who have been together a long time and are absolutely compatible they start to resemble each other. Like Haakon and Mette-Marit.

Larzen said:
She has ETW;)

Wonder if she got herself another grey pinnstriped pantsuit....

ETW! A mentor for so many things, it seems. Yeah, another pinstriped pantsuit!

GrandDuchess said:
I was wondering the same! In this picture she's starting to look like Danne...
The resemblance between the two of them, especially seeing Victoria in that photo, is scary. I know most of you will disagree, but I think Victoria looks much better with those glasses than her normal ones.

Year of the Vikings - 2005

Crown Princess Victoria opened "The Year of the Vikings" this afternoon on Gotland, and the first picture of this comes from SVT:

Attachments

• Vikingaåret 25 feb 2005_1.jpg
    Vikingaåret 25 feb 2005_1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 283

Attachments

• gotland1.JPG
    gotland1.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 235
  • gotland2.JPG
    gotland2.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 233
  • gotland3.JPG