The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
I'm not sure if this has been posted but last night I was at Barnes & Noble and I was looking at a Life book called "Christmas Around the World" and it has pictures of different countries and their traditions. I was reading about Sweden and I looked at the picture and I was like "I know who that is" and I read the caption and sure enough it was Princess Victoria... so all you CP V fans need to run to B&N and purchas the book!!!
For those people who will go out and look for this book, do yourself a favor and ask ahead of time. There is another book with the same title and similar layout but it is all drawings. It will save you a trip.

Old 12-26-2004, 05:39 AM
Majesty

so did anyone see the interview last night?

Old 12-26-2004, 05:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I saw it and I actually liked it! I never liked Skurts interviews with Silvia but this was much better!
It was nice to hear Victoria talk in a more "childish" way, it was much more like one saw her irl when she talked to someone than the usual stiff interviews :)
Old 01-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Article from Aftonbladet today

Summary of the article below:
This article reports that Crown Princess Victoria has been on vacation in Africa, from which she returns today – in order to attend the ceremony held at Arlanda Airport as the first coffins with Swedes arrive at approximately 11 PM tonight.

According to the article, her trip was planned since some time, and it went to Kenya. She was according to the article there with friends, and it also says that the Royal Court couldn’t reach her on Boxing Day when they tried to contact her (*perhaps they could’ve tried the other 7 days?).

Ann-Christine Jernberg says that she thinks that the Crown Princess is devastated like all other Swedes (so that’s why she came back immediately to participate in the national mourning?), at noon today she was on a plane. Ann-Christine says that in this current situation she feels it’s impossible to stay in Africa (*it took a while to come to that conclusion).

Ann-Christine doesn’t know if Daniel Westling was with her on the trip, but says the purpose with it was to get away and relax with her friends.

*Sorry if my little coments sound bitter or angry - but I've never been disappointed at Victoria before (except than for some choice of clothes, but one can't compare this to that) - now I am. A first time for everything. I hope this year will be full of hard work for her, then maybe I'll be able to push this mistake of hers into a scrumpy corner of my mind...

The article from Aftonbladet today:

Kronprinsessan på väg hem från Afrika
Tar emot de första omkomna svenskarna i kväll

Kronprinsessan Victoria avbryter sin semesterresa i Afrika för att delta i ceremonin när de första omkomna svenskarna kommer hem. Hela kungafamiljen finns bland dem som i kväll väntar på Arlanda. Stoftet efter de sex första svenska dödsoffren väntas anlända vid 23-tiden.

Precis som många andra svenskar bestämde sig kronprinsessan Victoria tillsammans med en grupp vänner för att resa bort över jul- och nyårshelgen. Resan som var planerad sedan länge gick till Kenya i Afrika. När nyheten om katastrofen i Asien nådde det svenska folket på annandagen gick det inte att få kontakt med kronprinsessan.
– Flera samtal gjordes, men det var problem med kommunikationerna, säger Ann-Christine Jernberg.

Tog det hårt
När resten av kungafamiljen var på plats när Kungen höll sitt tal till offren på insamlingsgalan fanns därför inte Victoria med. Enligt Jernberg tog kronprinsessan nyheten hårt.
– Hon är säkert precis som alla andra helt förkrossad över det som har hänt, säger hon.

Kronprinsessan har nu tvingats att avbryta sin semesterresa och vid lunchtid på tisdagen satt hon på ett plan hem.
- Läget ser ut så att hon finner det omöjligt att stanna kvar, säger Jernberg.

När hon kommer hem ska hon tillsammans med resten av kungafamiljen delta i den ceremoni som hålls på Arlanda när det första planet med omkomna svenskar kommer hem.

Ville koppla av
I nuläget är det inte känt om någon av kronprinsessans vänner fanns bland dem som drabbades av katastrofen.
– Men det blir antagligen som för många andra, hon kommer säkert känna någon, säger Jernberg.

Kronprinsessans syfte med semesterresan var, enligt Jernberg, att få slappna av och komma bort ett tag tillsammans med sina vänner. Om pojkvännen Daniel Westling finns bland dem har Jernberg ingen information om.
– Tyvärr vet jag inte det, men jag skulle bra gärna vilja veta, säger hon.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:16 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...584441,00.html

Victoria grät vid kistorna
De kunde inte hålla tillbaka tårarna.
Både kronprinsessan Victoria och prinsessan Madeleine grät öppet när de anhöriga tog farväl av sina nära.
Strax före halv fyra i morse inleddes ceremonin för de sex döda på Arlanda. Helt privat, utan mikrofoner, enligt de anhörigas önskan. Med armarna om varandra stod de och lyssnade till ärkebiskop KG Hammars avskedsord. Då hade Göran Persson och riksdagens talman redan talat till de anhöriga.
När det var dags för ett enskilt farväl gick de anhöriga fram och lade rosor på kistorna. Då kunde varken kronprinsessan Victoria eller prinsessan Madeleine hålla tårarna tillbaka.
De grät öppet och torkade tårar. Även kungaparet var märkbart rörda.
Victoria kom till Arlanda sent igår kväll. Hon hade då avbrutit sin semester i Kenya. Hon hann bara åkta till Stockholm och byta kläder innan hon återvände till Arlanda.

From what I can read:
Crowprincess Victoria and Princess Madeleine were present at the arrival of the coffins of the first 6 deceased swedish to return from Thailand. Also present was prime minister Göran Persson.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Majesty

what orders does victoria have
Old 01-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Jan 17, 2005, Princess Victoria attending the Sports Gala where she gave the prize for best handicapped athelete to Jonas Jacobsson.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ISOPRESS_00016595-001.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	83588   Click image for larger version

Name:	ISOPRESS_00016595-002.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	83589   Click image for larger version

Name:	ISOPRESS_00016595-003.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	83590   Click image for larger version

Name:	ISOPRESS_00016595-004.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	83591  

Name:	ISOPRESS_00016595-005.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	83592   Click image for larger version

Name:	ISOPRESS_00016595-006.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	83593  
Old 01-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Commoner

How do u get access to Isopix? I have tried heaps of times but I can never find the pics. Can someone please help?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:01 AM
Serene Highness

Hallo Lena, do you see pictures from this event with queen Silvia by isopix?
I can't look in by isopix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Pics from Jan 17, 2005, Princess Victoria attending the Sports Gala where she gave the prize for best handicapped athelete to Jonas Jacobsson.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Serene Highness

Many thanks for the pics. Who is the man with the glasses (Jonas Jacobsson is the man in the last pic, do you posted)

Quote:
Old 01-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
Many thanks for the pics. Who is the man with the glasses (Jonas Jacobsson is the man in the last pic, do you posted)
that would be david lega he has been in paralympics preives years
i think he gives motivation lectures now
Old 01-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Victoria arriving to the ceremony in Auschwitz/Birkenau today (from Expressen)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	au.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	85176  
Old 01-28-2005, 04:00 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Some more photos from IBL:
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Are there not any more pictures from the cermony at auschwitz/birkenau of Victoria? so far I have only seen one picture, anyone seen more somewhere?
Old 02-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why this wasn't on the calendar! Perhaps she's visiting friends, but still - an appearance like this in London yesterday evening, it should've been noted...

LONDON - FEBRUARY 2: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden attends the aftershow party following the Press Night for the new stage show "A Life In The Theatre" - starring Joshua Jackson and Patrick Stewart -, at Attica on February 2, 2005 in London. (Photo by Dave Benett/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A Life in the Theatre, London, 2 Feb 2005.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	88558  
Old 02-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

ah, a secret London visit! Herself or with company I wonder :)
what exactly is "Press Night for the new stage show A Life In The Theatre"?
Is it a play and this evening it was just the press there?
Not a good night for a secret princess visit imo :P
Old 02-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the pic, GrandDuchess

Maybe Victoria has visited her friend Leonie (and Caroline Kreuger, I think she lives now in London too) and was a little bit shopping.

Isn´t Joshua Jackson the guy, who played "Pacey Witter" in Dawson´s creek (wish I could say now isn´t XY the guy, who played XY in a version of Shakespeare´s XY? But all I know are stupid teenie-shows )?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Isn´t Joshua Jackson the guy, who played "Pacey Witter" in Dawson´s creek (wish I could say now isn´t XY the guy, who played XY in a version of Shakespeare´s XY? But all I know are stupid teenie-shows )?
oh yes that´s right. Joshua Jackson played Pacey in DC
Old 02-04-2005, 03:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Josefine
Joshua Jackson did star in dawson creek
any more photos of victoria
Trust these links sate your interest:

the show
http://www.dawsonscreek.com/

Dawson Creek
http://www.dawsoncreek.ca/multimedia...ery/index.html

Victoria
[imghttp://www.city.victoria.bc.ca/visit...ut_views.shtml

My favourite of Victoria's namesake

some others
http://www.city.victoria.bc.ca/commo...eacon_pic2.jpg
http://www.city.victoria.bc.ca/commo...chart_pic1.jpg
http://www.city.victoria.bc.ca/commo...seway_pic1.jpg
http://www.city.victoria.bc.ca/commo...s_leg_pic1.jpg
Old 02-04-2005, 04:46 AM
Aristocracy

I watched the whole interview with Victoria, Madeleine and Carl Philip when it was sent on Swedish television yesterday and one thing that really surpirsed me was that Victoria said that she preferred to be addressed as "Crown Princess" in public. I thought that she was very down to earth and liked when reporters called her "Victoria" but she doesn't.

No biggie, but I had another image of her, that's all.

Closed Thread

Tags
awards, book, books, christmas, cooking, copenhagen opera house, crown princess victoria, current events, denmark, finland, hans christian andersen festivities, prizes, sweden, vikings