Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 2: November 2003 - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Lena@Jul 5th, 2004 - 11:04 am
And is Ivar Kreuger (who became quite rich through producing matches) an ancestor of Victoria´s (very rich) friend Caroline Kreuger?
Lena, here is my answer for you:

Two of Crown Princess Victoria’s best friends – Caroline & Charlotte Kreuger – in 2000 -inherited about 300 million Swedish crowns each from their grandfathers Torsten Kreugers estate, which was passed on by their father Björn Kreuger who died of cancer in 1999.

The heirs of Björn was, except his daughters, his brothers Sten Kreuger who lives in Värmdö and John Kreuger who lives in the US. Both brothers have two children each.

When Torsten Kreuger (read more of him further down) died in 1973, his wife Diana inherited the empire. In November 1998 Diana Kreuger died, and since then it has been the job for legal experts to divide the gigantic assets, estimated to about 3 billion Swedish crowns, among the heirs.

The assets of the estate after Torsten Kreuger consisted of many things. An art collection with works from Rembrandt, Goya and Zorn. The most famous property in Torsten Kreugers empire was the “Citypalatset” at Norrmalmstorg in Stockholm. It was sold in the summer of 2000 (before dividing the assets of Björn Kreuger) for 1,1 billion Swedish crowns. Also a villa on Djurgården was sold (the asked price was 70 million Swedish crowns), and the Chateau Malvande at the Geneva Lake in Switzerland where Diana Kreuger spent her last years.

Björn Kreuger (Caroline & Charlotte’s father) was a childhood friend of The King. When he married Agneta Kihlström in 1976, The King & Queen (then engaged) were guests. Since that both families has been very close.

Crown Princess Victoria and Caroline Kreuger were born with only three day separating them. They were close during the school years, and were also presented at the same time at the Amaranter ball in Stockholm. Her sister, Charlotte, has The Queen as one of her godmothers. The King, Queen & the Crown Princess attended Björn’s funeral.

Caroline & Charlotte Kreuger’s grandfather – Torsten Kreuger (brother of IVAR):
Was born in 1884. He built his own business empire, free from his brother Ivar’s match empire. He built his empire on real estate, tree and a company group, which owned Stockholms-Tidningen and Aftonbladet. Torsten died in 1973.

Pictures:

Caroline to the right
Björn, Agneta & Caroline (when he was still alive)
Caroline
Caroline with Victoria on her 25th birhday in Öland

Thanks a bunch for the extra information, GrandDuchess :flower:

300 million SEK...that´s more that one WANTS to have, right?! What do you do with so much money, except fearing that you or your kids are kidnapped!
And as I´ve said before Caroline doesn´t seem to be a "Paris Hilton", so I guess this money is more a bane for her than a boon.

Of course there always will be ppl, who are richer. But I wouldn´t call Caroline Kreuger "poor" ;) I tend to calculate, how many average one-family houses or chocolate bars you could buy with huge fortunes (for the better imagination ;) )...and Caroline could buy a little village or chocolates for all Swedes for a few days/weeks (depends on, if they eat as much as me) ;)

BTW aren´t there any news on Victoria...now after they have started to report alomost every day about Victoria and Daniel, it feels strange to have a few days without any news.

Its probably because Danial and Victoria are hiding at Solliden... when the royals are there noone knows what they are doing and its almost impossible to get a photo of them.
But we can always hope that Daniel wants to play golf... because if they does, I´m sure the paparazzis will spot them!

From Svenk Damtidning this week:

Picture of the article

On Solliden, Victoria can relax in the raspberry plots
Öland is like cotton for a stressed Crown Princess' soul…

Summer again – and Victoria chooses to charge her batteries on her beloved Öland, gladly together with the boyfriend. But these days, the couple also goes on vacation to Ockelbo often.

The summers on Solliden are a paradise for Victoria. A refuge from the royal duties and a breathing point from the daily stresses. The lawns with sun shining on them and the glittering Kalmarsund is like cotton for a stressed Crown Princess soul.

On her birthday last year when royals and friends visited Solliden, Victoria asked for some peace and quiet:
- This is the first time I can spend time with the royal guests without any official assignments. I want to have the opportunity to show them Öland and how pretty it is here, she said.

On Solliden, the Royal House have spent most of their summers, and as a child, Victoria loved to be around the beautiful garden with Madeleine and Carl Philip. The time off at Solliden were dream vacations with boat rides, barbecue evenings and picnics.

Horse rides on Alvaret
Long horse rides over Alvaret was high on the list of favourite activities on the summer holiday. Staff from the Royal Mews had to move with them to Öland during the summer holidays, to the delight of Victoria and Madeleine. Victoria was really horse-bitten when she was younger, even if it later was Madeleine that took over the great horse interest. It was hard to become bored of cuddling with the beloved Cavalier King-Charles-Spaniel Sissi, and stick after stick has been thrown in the parks of Solliden. Sissi became a member of the family in 1985, and Victoria loved the little dog. Carl Philip didn’t want to be any “worse” and three years later the family expanded with Carl Philip’s dog, the cutie Cockie.

But it’s not only the pets that are in the centre of attention when Victoria enjoys the summer on Solliden. She is very interested in gardening and tending to the plants, and is the most comfortable when she gets to be outdoors, go for long walks in the nature or weed the raspberries.

Time for friends
But Solliden is also a perfect place for spending time with dear friends in peace and quiet. Many of the Crown Princess’ friends travel to Öland to spend some lazy days with the Royal House. There was even a confirmation camp held at Solliden in 1992 and Victoria had all her friends around when she was confirmed. The Italian inspired palace and gardens were filled with running and joyfull cries.

This year, Victoria’s boyfriend Daniel will take time off from work on Master Training and spend three weeks with his beloved on Solliden. A sign that Daniel Westling is getting more and more accepted by The King and Queen. The first time he was shown in public with the Royal House was during a concert in the castle ruins in Borgholm two years ago. Last year Daniel had to stay on Solliden during the official celebration of Victoriadagen, but met his Victoria again later during the evening. As long as they are not engaged, he is not allowed to stand by the Crown Princess’ side on such occasions and events.

But maybe another dream summer on Sollliden will entice Daniel bring forward a love ring?

Thanks for the translation, GrandDuchess :flower:

Some remarks (as usual ;) ) from me:

It was hard to become bored of cuddling with the beloved Cavalier King-Charles-Spaniel Sissi, and stick after stick has been thrown in the parks of Solliden. Sissi became a member of the family in 1985, and Victoria loved the little dog. Carl Philip didn’t want to be any “worse” and three years later the family expanded with Carl Philip’s dog, the cutie Cockie.

What happened to these cute little dogs...well, it´s clear, that they aren´t alive anymore, but I wonder when they died.

There was even a confirmation camp held at Solliden in 1992 and Victoria had all her friends around when she was confirmed.

Oh, I think I would´ve hated it, when I would have gotten an OWN confirmation camp. And IMO it can´t be the sense/deeper meaning of a confirmation camp, that one is the center and they others are arranged around the "center".

But maybe another dream summer on Solliden will entice Daniel bring forward a love ring?

Aha ;) ;) Well, I´ve to admit, that I think quite the same as the DAM...how embarrassing, I think like a tabloid, which even can´t remember the name of Daniel´s mother :blush: ;)

I just went to the store to buy Amelia with the new Victoria interview. It was very interesting, and there was some good pic included aswell.

It´s quite long so I dont think I can translate it myself, but I can scan it if someone wants to translate it...?

Originally posted by Yennie@Jul 8th, 2004 - 2:11 pm
I just went to the store to buy Amelia with the new Victoria interview. It was very interesting, and there was some good pic included aswell.

It´s quite long so I dont think I can translate it myself, but I can scan it if someone wants to translate it...?
It would be very nice of you, if you would scan it :flower: As a dane I can read Swedish, though not good enough for making a translation into english.

Will you upload it. Or shall I PM you my e-mail?

My god is she a lucky girl!! Not only will a few of Sweden's most popular artists perform for her next week, also Lionel Richie, Ronan Keating, and, if this is true - STEVIE WONDER on the private dinner party at Solliden!!!

The article basically says that a super secret is that Stevie Wonder will be flown in for the private birthday party at Solliden, where he will perform after the dinner. From the beginning, Stevie Wonder (who performs in Stockholm on 17 July) was supposed to have a press conference in Stockholm on the day of her birthday, but suddenly the record label changed the date yesterday with the comment that he has "other special commitments" on 14 July!

Grattis, Vickan - du får Stevie i present!

Picture

BORGHOLM. Det är kungafamiljens superhemliga överraskning för kronprinsessan Victoria. Världsstjärnan Stevie Wonder flygs in till hennes privata födelsedagsparty på Soliden.
- Han är kungens största idol, säger en källa.

När kronprinsessan Victorias födelsedag firas på onsdag kommer artisterna Robert Wells, Tito Belt-ran, Jill Johnson och Charlotte Perrelli att uppträda. Men mest uppmärksamhet under den direktsända tv-galan från Borgholms idrottsplats får antagligen superstjärnorna Ronan Keating och Lionel Richie.

Lionel andrahandsval
Kungafamiljen är själv med och utser vilka de vill ska uppträda. Lionel Richie var deras and-rahandsval.
- Kungen ville mycket hellre se Stevie Wonder som uppträder i Stockholm den 17 juli, berättar en källa.

Till en början gick det inte då stjärnan skulle hålla en presskonferens i Stockholm.
I går ändrade skivbolaget plötsligt datum med motiveringen att Steve Wonder hade "speciellla åtaganden" den 14 juli. Enligt Aftonbladets källor kommer världsstjärnan i stället att åka till Öland. Där blir han kungafamiljens hemliga present till Victoria på hennes privata födelsedagsparty.

Magisk show
Enligt uppgift ska Stevie Wonder framföra sina mest kända hits efter den stora middagen som hålls på Soliden. Under festen kommer också magikern Joe Labero att trolla för gästerna.

Stevie Wonder är kungens största idol och dök upp som den bästa överraskningen under hans 50-årskalas på Globen 1996. Tre år senare överlämnade kungen glatt Polarpriset till Wonder.
- Kungen är stormförtjust över att hans absoluta favoritartist kommer. Han gillar särskilt låten "I just called to say I love you," säger en källa.

New article in EXPRESSEN...EXPRESSEN says, that Victoria is now on Öland...Daniel will follow today (probably already followed)...and Carl Philip went there via motor-boat.
This evening they had a barbecue with salmon and pork.

The caption says that the ppl in this pic are Victoria, a bodyguard, Emma and 2 friends of Victoria...but I think the girl on the front is Madeleine...the dark tan, you know ;)

På Alvaret leker livet för Victoria

BORGHOLM. Victorias härliga sommarlov har börjat.
I går anlände hon till familjens sommarparadis på Öland.
Samtidigt körde lillbrorsan Carl Philip ner från Stockholm med familjens lyxbåt.
– Det ska bli jätteskönt, berättar hon för Expressen.

Victoria fnissade förtjust när hon i går klev ut från kungafamiljens paradis Solliden på
Öland.
Vid sin sida hade hon prins Carl Philips flickvän Emma Pernald. De var på väg ut på en långpromenad på vackra Alvaret.
– Nu ska jag koppla av, berättade hon glatt för Expressen.
Emma Pernald fnissade till och nickade instämmande.
Runt omkring dem sprang
familjens två hundar.
Victoria hade tidigare på dagen anlänt till Solliden. Meningen var att pojkvännen Daniel Westling skulle ha åkt med ner, men han var tvungen att jobba hemma på gymmet i Stockholm.

Daniel tar bilen själv
Daniel ska i stället i dag själv bila ner till Solliden.
– Det är planerat att de ska ha minst två veckors semester. Det blir både golf och bad, om nu svenska vädret tillåter det, berättar en av deras vänner.
Prins Carl Philip och hans ytterst sympatiska flickvän Emma Pernald ska också ha semester i ett par veckor framöver.
Carl Philip valde dock att inte köra ner till Solliden. Han och tre kompisar med respektive tog kungafamiljens stora motorbåt till Öland.
– Carl Philip älskar att köra båt. Han frågade pappa om han fick ta hans båt ner till Öland. Kungen blev bara glad, nu slapp han köra den långa sträckan själv, berättar en av vännerna.

Grillfest
I dag är det planerat att Victoria ska bjuda på grillfest.
– Hon älskar att grilla, fläskfilé och lax brukar det bjudas på, avslutar en av vännerna.

wow, a lot more "big" world-famous artists on Öland than ever before...and she´s "just" becoming 27...so no special birthday, but maybe there´s a special engagement ;)

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 9th, 2004 - 4:57 pm
wow, a lot more "big" world-famous artists on Öland than ever before...and she´s "just" becoming 27...so no special birthday, but maybe there´s a special engagement ;)
Well quite expensive. I think. Who is going to pay this all?

The party is paid for by the city of Borgholm/ the sports club IFK Borgholm.
There are soo many people who visits Borgholm/Öland because of Victorias birthday so they see it as a great PR party :p

Yennie  Posted on Jul 10th, 2004 - 5:02 am

The girl on the front is not Madeleine. I just saw the pic in a larger size in Expressens paper edition and its clearly not Madeleine.
I agree.

doesn't look like Emma either .... with black hair in her face ... or is it "blacked out"?

another photo from yesterday. At the Solliden gate
You think they are checking to see if they know still how a gate works ? ;)

Victoria and her bodyguards
He looks tough, and she doesn't look all that friendly either.

I don´t think it was Emma but she does have darker skin. She certainly glows. But in a good way. I would call it "Nordic" glow. Rosy cheeks.

Picture of Victoria in London-next to her: friend Leonie and her baby-son Ian in the stroller.
I´ve scanned the pic in two sizes

A
B

Were those photos taken from this year of Victoria in London? Thanks.

Originally posted by Gita@Jul 13th, 2004 - 11:53 pm
Were those photos taken from this year of Victoria in London? Thanks.
Yes, the pictures are new...they were made around the final of the EURO 2004 (so at the beginning of this month...Victoria´s boyfriend was in Portugal to watch it and she was in London to visit her friend)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VICTORIA...AND MANY MORE HAPPY YEARS!!! but maybe without a ponytail ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Lena for postin the London pics... Hadn´t seen the larger ones yet. In those pics it really shows how much Victoria has been working out...

Thanks Lena. It's great to see that she can still make time to see and visit her friends.

From Expressen today:

It reports of the Crown Princess going to Gyllene Tider's concert at Stockholm Stadio yesterday evening. And she and Daniel did kiss (it doesn't say where his kiss was placed, but she kissed him back on the cheek).

Daniel, Victoria & Åsa (Per Gessle's wife)
Daniel & Victoria

Victoria och Daniels kärlekskväll

Kronprinsessan Victoria och Daniel Westling gillar Gyllene Tider - och varandra.
I går kväll visade paret återigen sin kärlek öppet - inför 32 600 människor på Stockholms stadion.

Sen festade de med Peter "Foppa" Forsberg på Café Opera. Victoria var ingen oväntad gäst på Gyllene Tiders konsert. Hon har i flera år varit ett stort fan och har bland annat haft deras ”Sommartider” som sin stora favoritlåt. Gyllene Tider har dessutom vid flera tillfällen haft möjlighet att umgås mer privat med Victoria – ofta i samband med bandets spelningar som kronprinsessan besökt.

”Jag gillar Gyllene Tider”
– Jag gillar Gyllene Tider, har hon konstaterat i en Expressen-intervju tidigare.

Och det gick inte att ta miste på vid konserten i går. Flera gånger under konserten reste sig hon och resten av sällskapet upp från sina platser – dansade, sjöng med och klappade händer. De småpratade med varandra mellan låtarna, pekade och kommenterade det som hände på scenen.

Och mitt under konserten – inför 32 600 andra personer – kom pussarna som kungen inte vill se. När Per Gessle kommit en bit in i ”När vi två blir en” och sjunger ”vill känna min kropp emot din” – böjer sig Daniel Westling fram mot sin flickvän och ger henne en puss. Victoria besvarar med en puss på kinden.

Middag på Café Opera
Den här gången blev det dock inget eftersnack med bandet. Minuterna innan det stora avslutningsfyrverkeriet bränts av och Per Gessle och de andra i bandet gått av scenen hade Victoria och Daniel redan lämnat sina sittplatser och åkt vidare.
Sent i går kväll åt de middag tillsammans med sina vänner på Café Opera i centrala Stockholm.

Strax efter midnatt flyttade de till ett avskärmat bord intill dansgolvet och fortsatte festandet, i sällskapet fanns då bland andra NHL-proffset Peter ”Foppa” Forsberg.

so even Victoria and Daniel is hit by the Gyllene tider mania who is going around here in Sweden?!
Too bad I wasn´t at the concert yesterday. Could have been fun to shake it with them :p

since I´ve been away for a while I don´t know if this have been posted before.. but anyway, here´s a pic thats new to me.

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria is seen with a dog outside the royal family´ s summer residence at Solliden on the island of Oeland-Sweden , where Victoria spent some time with her boyfriend Daniel Westling , on July 8 , 2004

Victoria at Solliden with a dog

http://www.aftonbladet.se

Viktoria – dömd till ett liv i kronans tjänst

Foto: MATTIAS CARLSSON

Madeleines liv har förändrats den senaste tiden. Men även om hennes tillvaro nu allt mer liknar Victorias finns det stora skillnader.
Storasyster kronprinsessan, Sveriges blivande statschef, lever ett betydligt mer inrutat liv än sina syskon. Hon har pressen på sig – i dubbel bemärkelse.
Här finns inga sovmornar under vardagarna eller regelbundna shoppingrundor runt Stureplan. Tvärtom.
Efter frukost är det marsch pannkaka till Säpobilen som vid 09-tiden rullar till Slottet. När Vickan inte flyger och far, klipper band eller går på välgörenhetskalas är det kontorsarbete som gäller. Möten med pappa kungen, drottningen, mentorn Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg och övriga medarbetare avlöser varandra.

FÖREDRAR ATT VARA HEMMA
Även Victorias privatliv är koncentrerat.
Visst, fika med polarna och shopping på inredningsbutiken Room finns det tid för under helgerna. Men hon föredrar hellre att tillbringa ledigheten hemma, i Drottningholmsparken eller med pojkvännen Daniel Westling.
Till skillnad från Madeleine är storasyster heller inte särskilt intresserad av partaja loss eller skåla i champagne.
Och tur är väl det. Möjligheterna för en kronprinsessa att regelbundet shaka loss till favoritlåtarna på Café Opera är betydligt mindre än för hennes syskon.
Under somrarna är hon i stället gärna på Soliden och påtar i rabatterna, långt ifrån nattklubbarna.

Josefine, is the article you posted from fridays Aftonbladet? The one on A. plus with the headline: Därför är Maddes vilda dagar över?
I dont have "plus" so I cannot read that article...

what will she do in tha fall/winter
is she still in Queen school?
I heard something on this board about a visit to australia

Last edited:
Does Victoria own a own car?
As her sister and her brother does. Or doesn't she?
i have never seen a pic of her car!

No, Crown Princess Victoria does not own a car. As she is the one she is, she never drives herself, but is taken in a car by her SÄPO guards, and I suppose sometimes when in "private", she goes with Daniel in his car and a SÄPO car followes.

Technically, neither Prince Carl Philip nor Princess Madeleine owns a car either. The cars that they drive are registered to the Royal Mews, and therefore owned by The King. Small technicalities, but still... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom