Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 2: November 2003 - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mixer2002de@Jun 24th, 2004 - 12:03 am
At least Victoria should shop at Victorias Secret. I think this would be totally stylish. Maybe they should open a shop in Stockholm!
:lol: Hm, if my name would be Victoria I would wear Victoria´s secret all the time...it´s really funny, when there´s then a print of this brand´s name on the underwear :p (sorry, now I´m getting disrespectful towards HRH...and of course on most pieces of the Victoria secret´s collections isn´t such a print)

Can some one tell me about Victoria...i don't really know much about her and i'm too lazy to go to the old threads and do the reading :p

Originally posted by hillary_nugent@Jun 24th, 2004 - 12:13 am
Can some one tell me about Victoria...i don't really know much about her and i'm too lazy to go to the old threads and do the reading :p
I´ve written here a little bio on Victoria (some little things need to be updated, but on the whole not much has changed) Bio

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 6:10 pm

:lol: Hm, if my name would be Victoria I would wear Victoria´s secret all the time...it´s really funny, when there´s then a print of this brand´s name on the underwear :p (sorry, now I´m getting respectless towards HRH...and of course on most pieces of the Victoria secret´s collections isn´t such a print)
And it would be a secret as she could mail order everything and no shop assistant would know anything about that!

Originally posted by mixer2002de+Jun 24th, 2004 - 12:15 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mixer2002de @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 12:15 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 6:10 pm

:lol: Hm, if my name would be Victoria I would wear Victoria´s secret all the time...it´s really funny, when there´s then a print of this brand´s name on the underwear  :p (sorry, now I´m getting respectless towards HRH...and of course on most pieces of the Victoria secret´s collections isn´t such a print)
And it would be a secret as she could mail order everything and no shop assistant would know anything about that! [/b][/quote]
Oh yes, the internet is especially for Royals (and all famous people) an easement...they can shop whatever they want, without being watched (a story which female celebrities love to tell is that fans always look very closely, when they buy tampons :p ) and they can talk to people in a normal way or try to find out, if they are liked or not.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 16th, 2004 - 12:22 pm
Looks to me like Victoria's make-over is two-thirds done:

first third of a make-over
-- she has a better attitude to being Crown Prince - as opposed to a few years ago when she was self-conscious (and had her eating disorder).

second third of a make-over
-- she's gained some confidence in developing her own clothing style ... witness the white and black blouse in Stockholm at the ?water prize., and the smart white suit at Sofiera.

desired third third
-- do something with her hair
(those glasses could do with some tweaking then too)
I wouldn't say that the second third of Victoria's makeover is really complete. She still dresses quite matronly and a very plain matron at that. Mostly when I see her she is in neutral coloured suits that aren't very flattering to her body shape at all. And while her evening wear is a vast improvement from her day wear, there is still something to be desired. Look at the awful yellow outfit she wore to the Danish wedding. What was with that yellow lace bolero jacket? :huh:

As for her hair, the ponytail is rather annoying but there is not much you can do when you've gone long hair as she does. For day events it is hardly appropriate to wear it up in a bun or a chignon (unless you are Queen Margrethe of course! :p ) as she might for an evening occasion. What I think she needs in terms of a hair make over is perhaps get an inch or two taken off the bottom and have layers put in so that she can at least style her hair instead of just brushing and blow drying it jet straight and letting it hang or pulling it back in a ponytail altogether.

Interesting points of view, Genevieve. I´m now fan of Victoria for 8 years (strange to start such an interest at 14, isn´t it :p ). And IMO she has dressed/styled herself best in the year 1996-2001. Before 1996 it´s hard to "blame" her, because I´m sure the early nineties caused some horrible outfits in the cupboards/closets of the members here as well ;) But in the years 2002-2004 there she had some choices, which I really didn´t like...and most of all I´m the ponytail-hater number 1 here...I´m not against these ponytails at all...sometimes, they are really practical (e.g. when one is in hurry, or when one does sports), but they aren´t the most flattering hairdo for a princess! Ok, some people can "get away" with a ponytail...e.g. crown princess Mary, she has very thick waveless hair... so sometimes it looks quite neat on her (well, she shouldn´t overdo it). But Victoria´s hair is a little bit curly and some sort of "shaggy". So to cut it, and to use a better conditioner would help a lot. I liked her hair a lot in 1999 It looked far more lively/vital!
And talking about another thing...her glasses. I can understand that it´s much easier to wear glasses than contacts...but why has it to be always the same model. And why this model "accounting clerk"?! This makes her looking so strict and so "without humour"...and this isn´t a bit the case!

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 9:34 pm
Interesting points of view, Genevieve. I´m now fan of Victoria for 8 years (strange to start such an interest at 14, isn´t it :p ). And IMO she has dressed/styled herself best in the year 1996-2001. Before 1996 it´s hard to "blame" her, because I´m sure the early nineties caused some horrible outfits in the cupboards/closets of the members here as well ;) But in the years 2002-2004 there she had some choices, which I really didn´t like
Hello Lena. I cannot remember exactly what Victoria's style was like in 1996-2001, and you're very right to say that before that it's difficult to judge her on her style as fashion was a bit over the top then for everybody, celebrities and princesses alike! :p Recent years, 2002-2004 as you say, her choices are more appropriate I think for someone in their mid-thirties to early forties. Mathilde of Belgium I feel has this same problem in dressing too matronly for her age. But with Mathilde you can almost excuse because there is such an age gap between her and her husband that I personally often forget how young she truly is. But with Victoria in the pictures I see of her I can see her youthful energy, but alas it is all hiding beneath those black/brown/beige/grey/white boring boxy suits. Sometimes I see her in those suits with a colourful or printed shirt underneath the jacket and I think, Yes! There is hope for some youthful style to her yet. But then the next time I see pictures of her she is plain and boring again. :doh:

...and most of all I´m the ponytail-hater number 1 here...I´m not against these ponytails at all...sometimes, they are really practical (e.g. when one is in hurry, or when one does sports), but they aren´t the most flattering hairdo for a princess! Ok, some people can "get away" with a ponytail...e.g. crown princess Mary, she has very thick waveless hair... so sometimes it looks quite neat on her (well, she shouldn´t overdo it). But Victoria´s hair is a little bit curly and some sort of "shaggy". So to cut it, and to use a better conditioner would help a lot. I liked her hair a lot in 1999 It looked far more lively/vital!
And talking about another thing...her glasses. I can understand that it´s much easier to wear glasses than contacts...but why has it to be always the same model. And why this model "accounting clerk"?! This makes her looking so strict and so "without humour"...and this isn´t a bit the case!

In regards to Mary and ponytails, I think it works for her not just because she has such thick hair as I think Victoria does have thick hair, too, maybe not as thick as Mary's though, but because she varies her hairstyle. Take the Greenland trip: On arrival it was in a low ponytail but in subsequent occasions her hair was down. Or sometimes her hair is slightly curled, sometimes pulled back in a half ponytail, etc. There is some variety interspersed between the ponytail wearing so you don't get bored of it so easily.

I like very much the cut of Victoria's hair in the picture you posted. The layers are lovely and probably very flattering framed around her face. Yet it looks long enough still that she could pin it back or up for a different day look and of course for evenings. Pulling her hair back into a ponytail now and then because she's in a rush is fine, but at 95% of her appearances she was in a rush? :shock:

I think 98% of the time, Victoria looks great...I wonder what she would look like with short hair?

Originally posted by sommone@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:29 am
I think 98% of the time, Victoria looks great...I wonder what she would look like with short hair?
Hm, how short? Like cp Mathilde? Or like princess Märtha Louise? Well, I think it wouldn´t fit her...she has a round face and a little prominent chin and IMO such a hair style would emphasize this.

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:41 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:41 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sommone@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:29 am
Hm, how short? Like cp Mathilde? Or like princess Märtha Louise? Well, I think it wouldn´t fit her...she has a round face and a little prominent chin and IMO such a hair style would emphasize this. [/b][/quote]
You're probably right about her chin being more prominent with short hair. I was thinking alone the lines of Martha Louise.

I´ll tell you a hairstyle and a color on her that I am not particularly fond of and that I hope never happens:

Yikes

Originally posted by Genevieve@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 10:03 pm
But with Victoria in the pictures I see of her I can see her youthful energy, but alas it is all hiding beneath those black/brown/beige/grey/white boring boxy suits. Sometimes I see her in those suits with a colourful or printed shirt underneath the jacket and I think, Yes! There is hope for some youthful style to her yet. But then the next time I see pictures of her she is plain and boring again. :doh:
Yes. I´ve noticed that as well. She wears these nice suits which I love but there´s often something just out of the ordinary or colorful. Like that blouse she wore underneath the blazer in Paris back in December. If you saw that whole blouse, you would think "Wow, what a neat looking blouse." So I think she does that to be unique or just do something fun while on the whole, she is relatively plain and boring as you say even though I kind of like her style.

Victoria and the "midsommar-carryover-alcohol" in her body :lol:
Victoria went out with some friends (at the stureplan-btw) and when she spotted the photographer she put a napkin on her head *shakinglaughingthehead*

The picture

Påskkärring? Nä, det är ju Victoria

Här spexar kronprinsessan med Aftonbladets fotograf

Tillsammans med en väninna och en servett skojade kronprinsessan Victoria ordentligt - med Aftonbladets fotograf.
- Jag blev så paff, säger P-O Sännås.
Efter en intensiv vår och försommar har Victoria fått semester.
Hon firade midsommar med pojkvännen Daniel Westling och hans föräldrar i Ockelbo.
I går kväll var hon tillbaka i Stockholm och på programmet stod en middag med närmsta väninnorna.
Gänget valde att käka på en av Victorias absoluta favoritkrogar i stan, restaurang Lydmar.

De tjöt av skratt
När hon under middagen fick syn på Aftonbladets fotograf glimtade det till i hennes ögon.
Kronprinsessan viskade skämtsamt något i sin väninna Josephine Genetays öra.
Sekunderna senare satte tjejerna sin plan i verket.
- Plötsligt hade Victoria en servett på huvudet. Hon såg ut som en riktig påskkärring, berättar P-O Sännås som tog en bild.
Väninnorna tjöt av skratt när de såg den paffe fotografens reaktion.
Victorias långledighet fortsätter.

Hemlig semester
Om en vecka åker hon till Öland där hon tillsammans med kungafamiljen och Daniel Westling ska sola, bada och spela golf.
Sedan väntar även en hemlig kärlekssemester med pojkvännen.

Attention all dreamers - this is what the end of the article says (it enlights some hope for us dreamers, doesn't it... :p):

Hemlig semester
Om en vecka åker hon till Öland där hon tillsammans med kungafamiljen och Daniel Westling ska sola, bada och spela golf. Sedan väntar även en hemlig kärlekssemester med pojkvännen.

Translation:

In one week she goes to Öland where she together with the Royal House and Daniel Westling will sunbathe (?), swim/bathe and play golf. After that awaits a secret love vacation with the boyfriend.

Mrs. Victoria Westling...I´ve never thought about this...but actually it´s clear, probably she and their children would then have this name. Or do you think she will keep the name "Bernadotte" or a compund name "Westling-Bernadotte"??...well, actually it doesn´t matter, she´s known as H.K.H. kronprinsessan Victoria and she only signs with her first name...and further the Bernadotte-dynasty (the name "Bernadotte") isn´t that "dignified", that it has to be kept...Jean Baptiste Bernadotte was a commoner himself and "only" adopted to the swedish throne...so IMO it´s just a name...and "Victoria Westling" sounds nice :woot:

Lena  Posted: Jun 30th, 2004 - 3:11 pm

Mrs. Victoria Westling...I´ve never thought about this...but actually it´s clear, probably she and their children would then have this name.
Its pretty clear, Lena, that you live on the next planet !!

If both Prince Philip of Great Britain and Prince Henrik of Denmark were "forced" to surrender their surnames - as a voluntary means of emasculating themselves - and by parliamentary law ... decree sounds better .... assume the surname of their (at that time prospective) spouse, why should Daniel 2 be any different ?????

And compared to Henrik, Daniel would have it easy .... doesn't have his French citizenship stripped off of him, nor compelled to give up the Catholic religion for the uniquely Danish Lutheran religion !!!

Mind you, I suppose Daniel hasn't really twigged to that yet .... defender of the faith and all that !!!?

As an aside with Henrik, its pretty clear that you can "take the Frenchman out of France, but you can't take France out of the Frenchman". :) :)

Or do you think she will keep the name "Bernadotte"
... now you are coming to your senses.

However, in deference to the recently deceased Prince Claus of the Netherlands, isn't it Dutch custom that the wives or the off-spring of the families younger than the crown prince have the surname "von Amsberg"? So, by a similar token we could possible see Westling
or a compund name "Westling-Bernadotte"
for the royal off-spring who are no longer eligible to sit on the throne, per say ??

and further ... Jean Baptiste Bernadotte was a commoner himself and "only" adopted to the swedish throne
wasn't it more the case that Napoleon stuck him on the throne ? .... how come this sordid detail of defeat and a predecessor who had no heirs is conveniently swept under the carpet? ;)

and "Victoria Westling" sounds nice
hmmm ........... :flower:

Living on the next planet....this was mean :cry:

Victoria is the FIRST heir in Sweden, who will inherit the throne, because she´s the first born...so she´s something like a precedence. And neither you nor me, know which family name they will choose, if only their children are called Westling (which wouldn´t surprise me, since the dutch princes have the family name of their father in their names included), and which titles Daniel will/would get!!

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 30th, 2004 - 11:32 pm

and further ... Jean Baptiste Bernadotte was a commoner himself and "only" adopted to the swedish throne
wasn't it more the case that Napoleon stuck him on the throne ? .... how come this sordid detail of defeat and a predecessor who had no heirs is conveniently swept under the carpet? ;)
Wouldn´t agree here...Napoleon gave his permission...AND was probably quite happy to get rid of marshal Bernadotte, who was rumoured to sympathise with the revolutionary democrats..and maybe he hoped to get some nordic "support" through Jean Baptiste...which didn´t work in the end.
On the whole it was a "legal" action...the parliament voted for Jean Baptiste 1810 in Örebro...and so he got adopted to the swedish throne.

Lena  Posted: Jun 30th, 2004 - 4:03 pm
(King Christian @ Jun 30th, 2004 - 11:32 pm)
wasn't it more the case that Napoleon stuck him on the throne ? .... how come this sordid detail of defeat and a predecessor who had no heirs is conveniently swept under the carpet?
Wouldn´t agree here...Napoleon gave his permission...AND was probably quite happy to get rid of marshal Bernadotte, who was rumoured to sympathise with the revolutionary democrats..and maybe he hoped to get some nordic "support" through Jean Baptiste...which didn´t work in the end.
On the whole it was a "legal" action...the parliament voted for Jean Baptiste 1810 in Örebro...and so he got adopted to the swedish throne.
I didn't know about the democratic leaning .... however, if Napolean gave his permission, that means that power was on Napoleon's side, and hence Sweden was in the inferior position -- which to my way of thinking means akin to a "surrendered situation".

Writing laws ... now that can change as time passes. And does. Witness in Canada the slow change of the attitude to marijuana ..... laws are being changed to liberalize a situation that the police and the courts don't have time for and the public couldn't care about. Words aren't "etched in stone", are they then? But a surrender is a surrender which ever way one looks at it ..... true, it was humiliating for the Swedes .... as it was for most of the countries of Europe. On the plus side, it was -- Napoleon's conquest of Europe -- and the subsequent Treaty (Congress?) of Vienna, two defining moments that lurched society as we know it today from something of a feudal setup to something more democratic ....

The Swedes indeed were in a bit of a bind but it should be noted that it was on the initiative of Baron Karl Otto Mörner on his own to turn to Bernadotte to be a regent. Apparently, from what I read, Napoleon thought it was a joke. But that is true. Bernadotte, in order to gain support from Swedish politician played up his connections with Napoleon despite them not being on the best of terms at that time. And Charles XIV was ironically, the leader in charge of a brigade in Denmark that was going to invade Sweden itself! That would have been a turn of events for sure.

I think I might be slightly confused now .... on which side was "Charles XIV" ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 1st, 2004 - 5:46 pm
I think I might be slightly confused now .... on which side was "Charles XIV" ?
Karl XIV Johan Bernadotte formerly known as Jean Baptiste Bernadotte was AFTER his adoption against Napoleon and became part of the coalition against him. Jean/Karl had his conflicts with Napoleon before, but then he wasn´t offensive and obvious against Napoleon.

And to call him "Charles"...Dennis that out of your mouth, I´m disappointed...Charles´that are english farmer princes in the waiting loop...or other (long dead) anglican british princes, but the swedish kings and princes were always called Karl/Carl. You are as bad as HOLA and it´s "Magdalenas" or "Isabellas"...this is, as if I would call crown princess Victoria "Victorine" or "Vittoria" *shakinghead* :p :p :p *justkidding* :flower:

Yes. Well, the history books say that as well as Karl Johan. I will note the time of the post as well! Lay off! :p Anyway, it should be noted that the first few Carls or Karls as it were are lost in history. The first Karl on record was (Karl Sverkersson or Karl VII.) who was monarch from 1160-1167.

The swedish magazine AMELIA has an interview in the next edition (coming out on Wednesday) with Victoria...there she talks about Daniel (sensation1), about her eating disorders and her dyslexia, about her not existing interest in clothes, make up and hairdos (sensation2) and about the comment of her dad, that women aren´t good as successors (sensation3).
Expressen wrote a "summary"...maybe a Swede can buy AMELIA on Wednesday and can scan it (->the article) and publish it here?? (this would be sooooooo "fin" :flower: :rolleyes: )

Picture

”Jag är glad att han är sportig”

Höga krav, träning och för lite mat.
Det var några av orsakerna som gav kronprinsessan Victoria anorexi.
I en exklusiv intervju i tidningen Amelia berättar hon om sjukdomen, handikappet och behovet av att träna.
– Jag är glad att han är sportig, säger Victoria om pojkvännen Daniel Westling.

Kronprinsessan Victoria började banta när hon studerade i Frankrike. När hon kom hem till Sverige var det med påtagligt smalare kropp. Under sommaren fortsatte viktraset och snart kom de första bilderna på en utmärglad och skelettmager kronprinsessa. Hösten 1997 bekräftade hovet att Victoria drabbats av anorexi.
I en öppenhjärtig intervju i tidningen Amelia som kommer på onsdag berättar kronprinsessan om sjukdomen och hur det känns att se anorexibilderna på sig själv i tidningarna i dag.

Vill slippa bilderna
– Hur ska jag kunna undvika dem, de slås ju alltid upp. Men jag klarar det, fast jag skulle helst vilja slippa, säger hon.
I dag äter hon utan att peta eller flytta runt maten på tallriken och hon säger att hon mår bra. Men att äta frukosten ensam i flygeln på Drottningholm är viktigt.
– Jag bryr mig om Emma Igelström och andra som drabbas för jag vet vad de går igenom.
Hon beskriver anorexin som en stor inre konflikt.
– Sjukdomen beror på personliga orsaker men jag är glad att problemen kom så pass tidigt, jag fick min körare då, säger Victoria.
På frågan om hon går i terapi ger Victoria inget rakt svar.
– Det finns människor i min närhet som jag har stort förtroende för och som jag kan tala med. Det är viktigt att det finns personer som tar sig tid och lyssnar, sen behöver de inte vara experter.
Att motionera och hålla sig i form är fortfarande viktigt. Victoria är noga med att det alltid finns tid för ett träningspass när hon lägger upp agendan tillsammans med mentorn Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.
– Jag har lärt mig att hitta ett lugn, att jag kan stanna upp, säger Victoria.

Har följt prinsessan
Amelias chefredaktör Amelia Adamo har under två dagar följt kronprinsessan Victoria genom representationsmiddagar och konferenser i Strasbourg.
Kronprinsessan är van att ha journalister i släptåg. Varje steg hon tar bevakas. Kläderna, makeupen, frisyren – allt värderas och bedöms av pressen.
Men medan prinsessan Madeleine hamnar på listor över Sveriges bäst klädda väljer Victoria praktiska kläder och diskret makeup.
– Tyvärr har jag inget naturligt klädintresse. Det skulle underlätta. Själv tycker jag att det är för mycket fokus på kläder, min syster försöker hjälpa mig, men kläder är inget jag prioriterar, säger Victoria.
Armbandsklockan är däremot viktig. På dagen en i dykarmodell och på kvällen något elegantare.
– Då blir mamma glad, säger Victoria.

Långledig
Just nu njuter hon av en ovanligt lång ledighet. Från midsommar till födelsedagsfirandet på
Öland den 14 juli är agendan rensad från officiella uppdrag.
Under midsommar åkte kungaparet till exklusiva S:t Tropez. Victoria firade i pojkvännen Daniel Westlings enkla föräldrahem i Ockelbo. Hon handlade på Konsum och fikade på enkla plaststolar på Högbo golfklubb.
– Jag är inte så intresserad av att köpa dyra saker, säger Victoria.
Relationen med gymägaren Daniel Westling har ifrågasatts. Det har talats om kärlekskris och att Daniel inte accepterats av kungen.
Victoria är fåordig när hon kommenterar pojkvännen.
– Det är väl en evig tur att någon vågar sig på att ha en relation med mig. Det är inte lätt, säger hon i Amelia.

Nära sin far
Victoria har alltid stått nära sin pappa kungen. En dag ska hon ta över kronan trots att kungen i kommentarer markerat att han föredragit manlig tronföljd.
– Jag tog det inte personligt. Min far sa det när det fortfarande var manlig tronföljd, det är alltid svårt att se in i framtiden, säger Victoria.
Alla tre kungabarnen lider av dyslexi och har problem att läsa och skriva. Prins Carl Philip har fått hjälp utomlands och Victoria har lärt sig olika inlärningstekniker. Men att läsa är fortfarande ett jobbigt hinder i arbetet.
– Jag lämnar inte en text ifrån mig utan att någon har gått igenom den, säger hon.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jul 1st, 2004 - 7:37 am
The Swedes indeed were in a bit of a bind but it should be noted that it was on the initiative of Baron Karl Otto Mörner on his own to turn to Bernadotte to be a regent.

Is this Otto Mörner an ancestor of Victoria´s friend Sophie Mörner?
And is Ivar Kreuger (who became quite rich through producing matches) an ancestor of Victoria´s (very rich) friend Caroline Kreuger?
Ok, not the easiest questions, but maybe ppl, who are familiar with Sweden´s high and noble society, know it (?)

– Tyvärr har jag inget naturligt klädintresse. Det skulle underlätta. Själv tycker jag att det är för mycket fokus på kläder, min syster försöker hjälpa mig, men kläder är inget jag prioriterar, säger Victoria...– Jag är inte så intresserad av att köpa dyra saker, säger Victoria.

-Unfortunately I don´t have an natural interest in clothes. This would make it easier. Personally I think that there´s too much focus on clothes, my sister tries to help me, but dresses/clothes aren´t something that I prefer...I´m not interested in buying expensive things, Victoria says.

Here I´m really torn or "conflicted" as Dennis would say ;)

My first thought: Oh (again) amazing, how likeable she is! I would really enjoy it to meet her as "fellow student"...maybe we would buy 2 coffees at Starbucks, would walk through the park, would sit down on the green grass and would talk about "god and the world".

My second thought: Do I want an "ordinary princess"? Do the people want an ordinary princess?? Yes, I know we are always teached to be tolerant and to avoid to think in stereotypes. But isn´t it though the way that we all have "inner drawers", in which we class new impressions. And that this "drawers" are quite similar?
We know, how soccer players have to be...we know, how politicians have to be... we know, how princesses have to be.
Yes, we accept changes...but mostly only slowly and always for the better. Good current example: The greek team won the EURO yesterday, and now they are celebrated all over the world. The BEFORE underdogs won and now they are on the same step like the all time favorites (France, England, Germany...). Or Ronald Reagon was an actor BEFORE, but when he became president he behaved like the presidents before or after him. I was a tiny little thing in the 80ties and didn´t know he was an actor before, for me he just was a president.
Or the famous Cinderella-stories...aka the Mette Marit-story ;) It´s only clear that Cinderellas have to live simple before, have to dress themselves in rags (-> the H&M-pullover ;) ), but AFTER they became princesses, they should behave like princesses. And that´s it what MM has done...she has softened her look, she wears princessy dresses (now more conservative than her Royal born sister-in-law), and she gave birth to a princessy baby princess.
And that there´s now a swedish born princess, who says that she isn´t interested in a princessy style...hmm, it´s strange.
Ok, maybe I´m seeing this too pessimistic...so far Victoria mostly has managed it to appear lovely and regal at big Royal events...and she says, that she accepts the help of her sister (who is maybe a little bit too interested in expensive things ;) ), and of course she can´t change it, that she´s not interested in style...but I really hope that Victoria and then maybe Daniel Westling will keep some glamour in the Royal house! One day they (Victoria and her hubby...) will be the "main" Royal family in Sweden!

"Is this Otto Mörner an ancestor of Victoria´s friend Sophie Mörner?
And is Ivar Kreuger (who became quite rich through producing matches) an ancestor of Victoria´s (very rich) friend Caroline Kreuger?"

Yes and Yes. Sophie´s ancestors have also been landshövdings or governors of various counties including Halland and Stockholm throughout history. Victoria, through her cousins is related to the De Geer family which has been prominent in Swedish business and politics for more than 350 years.

"Or Ronald Reagon was an actor BEFORE, but when he became president he behaved like the presidents before or after him. I was a tiny little thing in the 80ties and didn´t know he was an actor before, for me he just was a president."

Yes, but he was a governor before he was president and being governor of California is a very big job too.

Well, I too am torn by this as it were. Lena, you take the words out of my mouth, as usual. But I think that Victoria will find the right balance. She will be "princessy" when the situation calls for it and more "normal" when the situation calls for it. The sisters are a good balance though. One is more interested in fashion than the other. It´s nice that they help each other out.

Thank you Dennisimo for answering my questions...so it seems as if most of Victoria´s friends are pretty wealthy (except the one and only Ockelbo-guy). But I´ve to say when you look at Caroline Kreuger, you would never imagine that she´s thaaaaaaat rich. She seems so ordinary and down to earth-even more "ordinary" than Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom