The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted: May 24th, 2004 - 3:59 pm

Pictures of the arrival to the Polar prize ceremony today...Sweden’s Crown Princess Victoria arriving at Stockholm Concert Hall for the Polar Prize ceremoni.

:) You guys notice that ..... all those men belonging to the 'offical follow Victoria around' party listen through a tube. What do they listen to ? If their heart is pounding? Or to the tinkle of their change clanking around in their pocket?

Old 05-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 24th, 2004 - 5:06 pm

That's her job, just like what her Dad does with his annual Royal Business Visits abroad ... and for that extent what every royal does .... peddle the products of their respective nations. (The country's Super Salesperson # 1).
You got it right, KC. To represent Sweden and to help bring trade to Sweden and to encourage Swedish businesses to do well. Only one facet but it is part of the "job".

Old 05-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Victoria said in an interview a while ago (I think it was in the beginning of last year) for a prestigious business magazine that she sees the marketing of Swedish companies abroad as one of her greatest tasks. She said in that interview that she wants to help both large and small companies, and she’s glad to help them out.

That same article also pointed out that the Crown Princess is much more free in her role towards the trade and industry/business world than The King. He has decided that he as Monarch and Head of State, will not take part in pure sales delegations for specific companies, like Prince Bertil used to do. The Crown Princess on the other hand has said that she could consider participating in sales delegations to other countries. Her role towards the trade and industry/business world started out seriously for the first time in 1999 when she was active in “Swedish Style” in Tokyo.

Quote from the interview (not the one mentioned above) with the Crown Princess on her Official Visit to the United States of America (which I've published in the interviews thread) from November 2003.

And for trade and industry?
- I want to help to bring forward the Swedish companies names and products in the international situations where I am. Simply to make advertisement for them. To do that in the best way, I need to deepen my knowledge about the companies, that is an important part of my education.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

Just wondering: are the Swedish royals going to be attending the wedding in Jordan?
Old 05-31-2004, 03:32 AM
Commoner

Hi

On a news program today in Australia, it was mentioned that Crown Princess Victoria was visiting Australia soon? Has this been confirmed?

Thanks

Shane
Old 05-31-2004, 03:45 AM
Majesty

There was nothing on the Court´s site about it. Or I might have missed it. They talk a good deal about the plans for the National Day coming up on Sunday though. So it would be after that then. But I have not heard anything. But it would be great if she does indeed go. Get a chance for a few of you Aussies to see Victoria in person. :flower:
Old 05-31-2004, 03:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by happy_27@May 31st, 2004 - 8:32 am
Hi

On a news program today in Australia, it was mentioned that Crown Princess Victoria was visiting Australia soon? Has this been confirmed?

Thanks

Shane
Does Australia have the princess feber? whould this be on the news before Mary became crown princess of denmark?
Old 05-31-2004, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I don´t think that she will go to Austrialia before her summer-break. But maybe in autumn. I think she has never been there before (?)
Old 05-31-2004, 07:28 AM
Commoner

Hi

On the program it was mentioned on, one of the people that appeared on the segment was the chef who cooked the dinner for Queen Margrethe, Mary and Frederik and the Australian Governor-General, as well as other dignitaries, at a pre wedding dinner at a restaurant near Fredensborg Palace.

thanks

Shane
Old 05-31-2004, 02:47 PM
Majesty

The chef has some inside information that LTR members do not have? Wow. Lucky chef. :P
Old 06-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder what Crown Princess Victoria will be doing all of next week - she has no official engagements except attending Princess Catharina-Amalia's christening, which is not until Saturday... Hmm...

More "hiding at the gym" (as Se&Hör puts it) or at Daniel's apartment perhaps?
Old 06-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Jun 5th, 2004 - 2:34 pm

More "hiding at the gym" (as Se&Hör puts it) or at Daniel's apartment perhaps?
My guess is also that this will be a cuddle&snuggle-week for them...and it´s now time for Yennie and me to guess that they will go to a hot and sunny place with a lot of beaches (even though we know, that this won´t happen) and that we would then get pictures of them there :P
Old 06-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
it´s now time for Yennie and me to guess that they will go to a hot and sunny place with a lot of beaches (even though we know, that this won´t happen) and that we would then get pictures of them there 
never say never Lena :flower:
Old 06-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

Hallo friends
at friday (04.06.04) Princess Victoria was in Tjärnö near Strömstad to opening Lars Afzelius laboratorium. Who has found pictures of this term? Please give me a link to the website. Thanks for your help :P .
Old 06-07-2004, 04:57 AM
Serene Highness

Hallo Lena,
vielen Dank für die tollen Bilder (many thanks for the pictures).
Old 06-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@May 31st, 2004 - 12:47 pm
The chef has some inside information that LTR members do not have? Wow. Lucky chef. :P
Well the chef knows what he is cooking, doesn't he? Or did I not get the point!
Old 06-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Royal Highness

Slightly OT .... before sr.se shut down their link to webcams, I was in heaven checking out their Stockholm view. Now I've found a replacement webcam site of Stockholm. All is right with the world again !!!!! :) It just remains to thank the individual at this site who had the foresight to share the link. Who would like my thanks?
Old 06-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

It has been come to Aftonbladet's knowledge (and confirmed) that superstar Lionel Richie (&#33 will perform for Crown Princess Victoria and the rest of the Royal House, friends and people at "The Victoria Day" at Borgholm on Öland on her coming birthday this summer.

Article from Aftonbladet:

Lionel Richie sjunger för Victoria på Öland

Victoria får en rejäl överraskning på sin födelsedag.
Världsstjärnan Lionel Richie kommer till kronprinsessans kalas på Öland.
- Det här är det största någonsin under alla Victoriadagar, menar Kay Wiestål.

Det är först i dag det ska bli officiellt, att Victoriadagens i särklass största artist är Lionel Richie.
- Ja, du har hört det. Jag kan bara bekräfta. Han är klar för Victorias födelsedag på Öland, säger Kay Wiestål, mannen bakom den populära Victoriadagen, som ihop med SVT:s producent Göran Winberg i över ett halvår arbetat på att få Richie till Öland.
- Vi har varit oerhört nära, tidigare, men med världsartister är det alltid något som kommer mellan.
- Men den här gången gick det hem och vi är minst sagt stolta, säger Wiestål som inte vill avslöja hur man lyckats få Richie.
Men enligt uppgift till Expressen ska sångaren ha tackat ja när han insåg att han skulle få uppträda för en hel kungafamilj och en kronprinsessa som fyller år.

Wells leder festen
Sedan tidigare är det klart att Robert Wells leder allt från scenen med sin specialorkester - Robert Wells and his Royal Rocking Symphony. Även Ronan Keating är klar. Vad Lionel Richie får i ersättning är hemligt, men han lär behöva varenda krona. Nyligen krävde hans exfru Diane Richie 2,4 miljoner kronor i månaden i underhåll - livet ut.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, Lionel Richie. I´m really suprised...ususally there aren´t that known artists, who perform on the Victoria-day.
I hope he will come with his daughter Nicole and her friend Paris, so that Madeleine can socialize with them
Old 06-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 8th, 2004 - 5:03 pm
Wow, Lionel Richie. I´m really suprised...ususally there aren´t that known artists, who perform on the Victoria-day.
I hope he will come with his daughter Nicole and her friend Paris, so that Madeleine can socialize with them
Yes. There is a photo I would love to see. Nicole, Paris and Madeleine. Ronan Keating I have heard of. Isn´t he rather famous in Europe? I knew about Robert Wells though. That was reported a while ago. Anyway, I hope they have fun at the concert. So much fun. Truly dancing on the ceiling all night long perhaps!

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, stockholm