Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 2: November 2003 - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow she is looking slim! Why did she hide under that blue caftan at the Spanish wedding!

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 9th, 2004 - 7:55 pm
Wow she is looking slim! Why did she hide under that blue caftan at the Spanish wedding!
This will be a mystery forever :p But I hope now she has seen that it wasn´t a good choice and that it disappeared in the container for old clothes-forever. Yes, I even would less mind, if she would wear the outfit of the polar music prize with 100 pounds more "on her rips"-instead of this superman-costume at the spanish pre-wedding dinner!!

BTW I can´t wait to see, what she wears on Saturday!!

Congratulations to Lena on her 2,000th post. :heart:

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:00 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:00 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Jun 9th, 2004 - 7:55 pm
This will be a mystery forever :p But I hope now she has seen that it wasn´t a good choice and that it disappeared in the container for old clothes-forever. Yes, I even would less mind, if she would wear the outfit of the polar music prize with 100 pounds more "on her rips"-instead of this superman-costume at the spanish pre-wedding dinner!!

BTW I can´t wait to see, what she wears on Saturday!! [/b][/quote]
Whats on Saturday?
Anyway i do not think that this dress was awful. Actually when you change its color to black it would be perfect for a funeral! But for a marriage it was a bad choice!

Opening of summer exhibitions at Sofiero

Tomorrow:

From Sofiero castle & gardens website:

Tuesday 15 June at 11:00 am. Opening of this summers exhibitions at the palace:

- English landscapes.
Watercolour paintings by HRH The Prince of Wales

- Small black dress.
Ceramics by Countess Jill Bernadotte.

If the weather is good, the opening will take place on the castle's stairs. The conductor of the opening is the Ambassador of the United Kingdom to Sweden, Mr. Anthony Cary and it will be attended by HRH Crown Princess Victoria.

Unfortunately, its a terrible weather today so I cant be at Sofiero :angry:
Its raining and its almost storm outside....
poor Victoria, hope they have an umbrella for her!

Originally posted by Yennie@Jun 15th, 2004 - 3:20 am
Unfortunately, its a terrible weather today so I cant be at Sofiero :angry:
Its raining and its almost storm outside....
poor Victoria, hope they have an umbrella for her!
Hey she has to show that she is royal!

No umbrella! She will get wet and participate and she will be unflappable! That will be a sign that she is royal! :p

and she wore a white suit! Too bad. She looks so good.

Yes, thank you for the pictures, Yennie.
Hm, it would be very interesting, when there would exist such a course...I would attend it. Or what about a course called "Victoriasm" or "the Victorian age II". I think we all would get only A´s ;)

BTW I like Victoria in this white suit. Especially since she´s now a little bit tanned. This may sound weird, because (as many) I often complain about the tan of her little sister. But it´s IMO ok, when a tan looks natural, and isn´t too "heavy", and when it´s most of all caused through the summer-sun.

i agree ... a natural tan just looks "peachy". :p

I liked the picture where she is standing beside the guy with the white jacket and black shirt. Her black bag accessory completed the picture ! B)

Lena  Posted: Jun 15th, 2004 - 7:21 pm

8-how much can you identify? Queen Silvia and...?
arrrg .... hair, head except jaw .... maybe.

but I love her white suit !

Any takers .... she should get a new hairstyle ... curly hair, maybe ..... something soft and fluffed out on/around her shoulders? Didn't she have curly hair as a youngster?

I agree...this hairdo today was no ponytail-but it was even worse. It looked like something, which people wear to jog, but not for a more or less formal event at a castle!
Hm, she hadn´t really curls as child. Only a little bit...like today. So if she wouldn´t brush the curls "down" she still would have curly hair.
IMO she necessarily needs a conditioner, which reduces the electric charge of her hair...too much "flying" hair.

she is wearing the lite blue dress with matching small and flowers in her hands/??

am i right, am I ??????

so velly solly ..... i tink her lite blue dress is honoring a coat hanger in her wardrobe.

da picshures show her to 'ave on a (new?) white soot. :p

I am right you are wrong, look at the picture with the painting of the Royals and you will see i am right, your wrong.

solly ...... i was looking to da right of the photo, and it seems I've just gathered you were looking to the left, on the picture.

How about we settle this .... you just step out into the alley there and I'll join you in 5 minutes? :rolleyes:

:lol: I was of course talking about the painting. But actually it doesn´t matter, as these people in the painting are Victoria´s ancestors. So she of course has something of them in her.

Gee ... Lena, I completely mis-read your earlier note. Its not often that I goof up so totally. :eek: ;) :( :blush:

All the same .... yes, there is Sylvia. Who's the 'guy' on the left with the bald head and black beard ?

She has her mothers chin. I saw a picture on this forum of Queen Silvia when she was young, and she looked like Victoria does today...at least to me. I can see both her mother and father in her. Especially when she makes those funny faces...

Last edited by a moderator:
sommone  Posted: Jun 15th, 2004 - 10:37 pm

She has her mothers chin. I saw a picture on this forum of Queen Silvia when she was young, and she looked like Victoria does today...at least to me. I can see both her mother and father in her. Especially when she makes those funny faces...
I agree that she has the chin of some-one.

How about the picture ... can you identify who the people/persons are on the painting ? I can see a 'Sylvia', for sure. A maybe is her Dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
so i was right and you were wrong, hahahaha :p

where is Madeleine and those beautiful, comfy pillows??? Oh Madeleine darling.... :innocent:

What very lovely photos. Thanks for posting them. She is indeed a vision. Strange about those lines on the pants though. By the way, I did quite well in the course "The Victorian Age II". Now I am just waiting for my in-the-field assignment! :p

thanks for posting the pics Lena!
It seems it was a bit windy
It was a real storm yesterday :p Thats why I couldn´t be at Sofiero :angry:
But it cleared up after some hours so Victoria could take a walk in the park.

Looks to me like Victoria's make-over is two-thirds done:

first third of a make-over
-- she has a better attitude to being Crown Prince - as opposed to a few years ago when she was self-conscious (and had her eating disorder).

second third of a make-over
-- she's gained some confidence in developing her own clothing style ... witness the white and black blouse in Stockholm at the ?water prize., and the smart white suit at Sofiera.

desired third third
-- do something with her hair
(those glasses could do with some tweaking then too)

Hmmmm, wouldn´t the third third knock out the second third?! Extreme ponytailing (and long hair) seems to be part of her new confident style :neutral:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 16th, 2004 - 12:15 pm
Hmmmm, wouldn´t the third third knock out the second third?! Extreme ponytailing (and long hair) seems to be part of her new confident style :neutral:
Maybe Daniel has got a ponytail fetish ?

Thanks for the photos at Sofiero. I really enjoyed them. She looked smashing in that white suit.

Where do Swedish princesses buy their lingerie? Is there a Palmers Shop in Stockholm or something else like that?

Originally posted by mixer2002de@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 11:46 pm
Where do Swedish princesses buy their lingerie? Is there a Palmers Shop in Stockholm or something else like that?
:lol: Mixer, as we love him. :p
According to the Palmers website, Palmers doesn´t exist in nordic countries.
But as much as I know the princesses shop a lot in these noble department stores like NK (were Anna Lindh was stabbed down) and I think at Åhléns (but here I´m not sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom