Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 2: November 2003 - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Lena+Apr 22nd, 2004 - 4:25 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Apr 22nd, 2004 - 4:25 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-King Christian@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 8:39 pm
Lena  Posted: Apr 22nd, 2004 - 9:15 am

...Victoria looks a little bit bored
I disagree with your assessment ... I think she is saving her face for private moments, meaning she's spotted that pesky photographer before her father did and is showing her attitude to it.

I agree though, like father - like daughter - they both hate having their private moments ruined by greedy photographers.
I disagree...in the second picture (to which I´ve written: excited CG, bored Victoria) it seems as if Victoria wouldn´t notice the camera, but as if CG would have spoted it, and would greet/wave directly in the camera... And I think you shouldn´t expect, that you don´t get filmed, when you go to a sports-match, which is broadcasted on TV...this happens to an ordinary person too...and when you don´t behave everybody sees it ("Hey, I saw you on TV yesterday...at the soccer-match...was it so boring, or why did you pick your nose all the time " ;) )

And further I wonder, why people here (at LTR) often say things like "leave them alone" or "these greedy paparazzis", but please tell me, how many of you don´t look at the paparazzi-pix?! Now as we post the pictures as links, nobody is forced to watch the paparazzi-pictures (usually the poster says, what is visible in the linked pix).
If there wouldn´t be watchers/readers of these pix, there wouldn´t be paparazzis...and WE are WATCHERS...(actually even worse than the readers of the mags...we just "steal" the pictures and watch it...) [/b][/quote]
Lena. Lena. Please do not point out the hypocrisy of some people like me. :p We will critcize them for taking a photo of them at "private" moments but then we will look at the photos anyway. Human nature. Well, a televised hockey match is not too private. I mean they do show regular people in the crowd as well. Maybe when the shoe is on the other foot, I will have a different view of this. :p But for now I owe up to my hypocrisy sometimes. Yes, I would have to say that it always looks like the same seats so I figured they owned them.

Yennie  Posted: Apr 22nd, 2004 - 4:40 pm

I think the royal family "owns" those seats. When they are at the Globe they always sits there...
Easier to reach for the phone on the wall then ? :flower:

unusual pic of Victoria...playing golf, belly uncovered and her hair looks blonde

Swing it, Victoria!

Det sade bara klick när kronprinsessan Victoria och golfen fann varandra.
Den nyblivna golfaren bjöd ovanligt mycket på sig själv när Svenska golfförbundet firade 100 år i Upplands Väsby i går.

Det sa bara klick för mig och golfen när jag fick till ett klockrent slag och bollen for i väg, sade Victoria.
Men innan fullträffen var ett faktum hade precisionssporten vid flera tillfällen prövat kronprinsessans tålamod.
- Det är otroligt hur arg man kan bli på en sådan här liten vit boll, sade hon.
Omkring 600 personer - däribland integrationsminister Mona Sahlin, även hon nyligen biten av golf - fick se kronprinsessan som har 54 i handicap svinga en imaginär golfklubba när hon berättade om sin nya passion.
- Det var suveränt. Hon verkligen bjussade på sig själv och fick jätteapplåder, säger fotografen Jan Collsiöö som bevakade golfförbundets jubileumsbankett i går kväll.

Originally posted by Alexandria+Apr 24th, 2004 - 1:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Apr 24th, 2004 - 1:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Apr 24th, 2004 - 8:41 am
unusual pic of Victoria...playing golf, belly uncovered and her hair looks blonde

Swing it, Victoria!
I think it's the black background the lighting that makes her hair look so light in colour. (Unless of course over night Victoria ran out and bought herself a bottle of L'Oreal?! :p ) [/b][/quote]
You can buy L`Oreal in Canada too! Good to know...for the case I move ;)

Yes, it´s probably the light...at least I hope so...I don´t think a blonde colour fits to her.

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 24th, 2004 - 8:59 am
You can buy L`Oreal in Canada too! Good to know...for the case I move ;)

Yes, it´s probably the light...at least I hope so...I don´t think a blonde colour fits to her.
I think it's safe to say that wherever women live you can find a bottle of L'Oreal! :p (In fact, I'm off to buy one later this morning! :p )

Yes, I think it is the lighting. Well, I hope so. It would be interesting if she changes her hair color. Whatever makes her happy. But it is nice to see her playing golf especially since she was regent!

First of all, I think her hair looks great like that! Don't get me wrong, her natural colour looks amazing on her, but a little change once in a while never killed anyone. Maybe she got restless and wanted a little something different, and maybe it just is the light, we'll see soon enough. I think she looks amazing with the blonde tint to it though.

Also, Dennis my dear, I don't think she was really playing golf. She has a microphone in her hand. I don't know if you were being serious or sarcastic (hard to tell on a computer sometimes, as we both know).

HardCorrVictoria  Posted: Apr 24th, 2004 - 5:15 pm

First of all, I think her hair looks great like that!
a second and third glance don't have me convinced that this Victoria.

Too bad there is no second pic from another source to confirm this one.

She has a microphone in her hand.
something with an antenna at the end is usually seen on the end of a microphone, not unless she's using one of those new-fangled remote-control drivers ?!?

Originally posted by HardCorrVictoria@Apr 24th, 2004 - 6:15 pm

Also, Dennis my dear, I don't think she was really playing golf.  She has a microphone in her hand.  I don't know if you were being serious or sarcastic (hard to tell on a computer sometimes, as we both know).
O, dear me. You are right. I did not notice the microphone. I suppose I was distracted or blinded by love.

This is really a microphone :eek: I´ve thought too, that this is a golf club (maybe I´m blind of love too ;) )...I mean she was at the party of the swedish union of golfers... :rolleyes:

And I would say she hasn´t dyed her hair... how boring...Maybe she should go shopping with L'Oreal-addict Alexandria ("Hey Victoria, you have to try this colour...and that...or maybe this...or maybe we should pep up your hair through a few highlights...") :p ;)

Only soooo little away from the hole
looking concentrated
Same position
Shows the right posture...it seems to me, as if she would suffer from a little distortion of the spine...Dennis, am I allowed to say this about the one and only ;)
One more swing

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 25th, 2004 - 12:04 pm
And I would say she hasn´t dyed her hair... how boring...Maybe she should go shopping with L'Oreal-addict Alexandria ("Hey Victoria, you have to try this colour...and that...or maybe this...or maybe we should pep up your hair through a few highlights...") :p ;)
Thanks for the pictures, Lena. :flower:

And hey, a girls' gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Thank goodness it's only a bottle of L'Oreal now and then!

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 25th, 2004 - 12:04 pm
And I would say she hasn´t dyed her hair... how boring...Maybe she should go shopping with L'Oreal-addict Alexandria ("Hey Victoria, you have to try this colour...and that...or maybe this...or maybe we should pep up your hair through a few highlights...")  :p  ;)

Shows the right posture...it seems to me, as if she would suffer from a little distortion of the spine...Dennis, am I allowed to say this about the one and only ;)
Yes, go shopping with Alexandria and she will pass on some "words" of advice from Lena regarding the "ponytail". That is okay. Her imperfections make her all the more perfect.

Lena  Posted: Apr 25th, 2004 - 11:04 am
Thanks for the additional pictures, Lena.
Yes, Definitely CP Victoria doing an imitation of a golf swing, and distracting the boys by letting a bit of midriff show. :)

why for?
I was there (and that's all that matters ;) ).

Dennism is not traveling to Stockholm?
We have no comments on this. The Royal Court does not comment on persons who are not members of the Royal House.

:p

We have no comments on this. The Royal Court does not comment on persons who are not members of the Royal House

ouch!

http://www.aftonbladet.se

Prinsessan fick en lektion i sex

Victoria gjorde studiebesök hos RFSU

Nu är Victoria ett proffs på sex och samlevnad.
I går fick kronprinsessan lära sig allt om blommor och bin på RFSU i Stockholm.
- Det var oerhört intressant, säger hon.
Pojkvännen Daniel Westling fick däremot stanna hemma när Victoria blev en fullfjädrad sexexpert under det officiella stu-
diebesöket på RFSU, Riksförbundet för sexuell upplysning.

Råd till 10 000 ungdomar
- Med tanke på att jag har varit här i tre timmar så jag har lärt mig en hel del, säger hon och skrattar.
RFSU-kliniken ger preventivmedelsrådgivning till omkring 10 000 ungdomar varje år. De informerar även om sexuellt överförbara sjukdomar och utför graviditetstest.

Mottagning för unga män
Victoria nöjde sig med att intresserat prata med barnmorskan, terapeuterna och att titta närmare på de preventivmedel som finns i dag.
Förutom information om sexrådgivning fick hon även inblick i den mottagning som finns till för unga män, vilka utgör 30 procent av besökarna.
- Det märks att Victoria är intresserad av de här frågorna och speciellt av ungdomars villkor i dag, säger Katarina Lindahl, generalsekreterare på RFSU.
Det var första gången som Victoria besökte RFSU. Hon fick förfrågan under mamma Silvias födelsedag i vintras.
- Har ni varit på konsultation eller? skrattar Victoria när Aftonbladet möter henne vid entrén.
Hon berättar glatt om besöket och sitt intresse för det som RFSU utför.

"Viktiga frågor"
- Deras arbete betyder oerhört mycket. RFSU jobbar ju med viktiga frågor både här hemma i Sverige och även internationellt. Inte minst när det gäller ungdomar. Det här har varit en kul, intressant och lärorik eftermiddag, säger Victoria

http://www.aftonbladet.se/kvinna/0404/28/N...ckan-61_368.jpg

Brava to her. Maybe she will use this interest to support charities for better pre-natal care and such things. I see more visits to hospitals for her in the future. And her humor shows through again. Sigh.

Hm, Victoria learns about contraception-always good for a crown princess. Or would you like the idea, that Victoria walks down the aisle with a huge baby-belly. I mean I and a lot of Swedes probably wouldn´t matter, but I´m sure that there are a lot of more conservative people, who would...

http://www.expressen.se

Ronan Keating to the victoria day
The Victoria day is the celabration of the Crown Princess Birthday July 14

Ronan blir Victorias egen smörsångare

Att Robert Wells velat utveckla Rhapsody in Rock med stora utländska artister är inget nytt.
Nu kan Expressen avslöja ett av namnen som är på gång till Victoriadagen:
Flickfavoriten Ronan Keating.

Det har länge varit tal om att ett flertal hemliga gästartister skulle dyka upp under "Rhapsody in Rock"-turnén. Särskilt intressant har det varit till Victoriadagen på Öland, när kronprinsessan fyller år och delar ut stipendier.
Sedan tidigare är det redan känt att både Charlotte Perrelli, Jill Johnson och gänget från TV4:s "Parlamentet" ska hålla Robert Wells sällskap under större delar av turnén, men Expressen kan nu avslöja att även den irländske skönsångaren Ronan Keating är aktuell.
Enligt vad tidningen erfar är det i stort sett klart att han sjunger med Rhapsody in Rock i år.
Göran Winberg, som producerar Victoriaprogrammet för Sveriges Television, är dock ganska förtegen.

Klart nästa vecka
- Ingenting är påskrivet ännu och många bitar ska falla på plats först. Han är också bara en av flera artister vi jobbar på och jag hoppas att få det klart till någon gång nästa vecka.
Ronan Keating började sin karriär som flickidol i pojkbandet Boyzone och gick sedermera över till att vara manager för ett annat pojkband, Westlife. Samtidigt är han en av få pojkbandartister som lyckats få fart på en solokarriär, och senast i vintras kom tredje albumet på egen hand, "Turn it on".
Victoriadagen har firats på Öland varje 14 juli sedan 1978, och som vanligt delar kronprinsessan ut sitt stipendium.
Till vem avslöjas i början på juni.

I just saw Crown Princess Victoria on the 8:30 PM news broadcast "Rapport" on SVT1! It was a really really short segment on her visit to the European Parliament, and the reporter talked about trafficking with her. I will see a later news broadcast and see if it's on there too, if so, I'll try to write down the questions for yall! :woot:

Victoria talks with an unidentified member of the protocole of the European Parliament as she attends a debate at the European Parliament in Strasbourg May 5, 2004.

Photo

Polfoto 05-05-2004 Princess Victoria of Sweden takes her jacket off as she attends debates in the diplomatic tribune at the European Parliament in Strasbourg, eastern France, Wednesday May 5, 2004

Victoria

An article, translated by me, from today's Expressen (from her engagement yesterday on Thurday, attending and opening “the 2004 Annual Open Forum” arranged by Dyslexia International – Tools and Technologies)

“I see her as queen of hearts”

BRUSSELS. She felt stupid and slow – the only one in the class that could not read. Crown Princess Victoria, 26, suffered a lot from her dyslexia – and still struggles with it. But she got help – and got her revenge.

“Hej mama och papp, jag r i Brysl” (correct sentence: Hej mamma och pappa, jag är i Bryssel, meaning in English: Hi mother and father, I’m in Brussels). That is how it could have looked if Crown Princess Victoria would have written a postcard from Brussels. If she had not received help for her reading- and writing disorders.

Victoria’s problems where discovered when she was put in Smedsslättsskolan (school) in Bromma.
- That all the others, who I until then had thought were just like me, suddenly learned to read and write and not me was incredibly frustrating, she has said earlier.

Arranged with help immediately
Queen Silvia, who understood that Victoria had inherited her fathers difficulties, arranged with help immediately.
- For me, school was always a fun time, but very demanding. If you have reading- and writing disorders, it is a struggle sometimes. It can sound as a simple problem, but it’s not. I know.
- Since then, I have always had achievement anxiety. But today I realise that I’m a fortunate person, I have received a lot of help and support with my dyslexia.

Victoria’s mentor, Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, says to Expressen:
- The Crown Princess id doing okay now, but she prefers oral presentations instead of being forced to read large piles of papers.

Met new friends
Yesterday in Brussels, Victoria met two news friends:

# The series character Tintin, who is the role model for Dyslexia International’s CD who is aiming to help children and adults get even with their problems.
# The dyslectic Dominic O’Brien. Who also got his revenge in life.

- I was branded as stupid and lazy. My teacher, a priest, beat me to make me see, Dominic tells Expressen. Now he is a world name in dyslexia. He can spell, read - and is a multiple world champion in memory tests.

Yesterday he showed Victoria how he has trained his memory, and gave her tips of how she can do the same. He had a professor mix 52 cards, and Dominic then got to see all the cards, after which he could count up all the cards in the exact order he had seen them. His record is 2 808 card – all in the exact order.

How do you do to remember all the cards in the correct order?
- I associate famous people with the cards.

And the Crown Princess, what card is she?
- In the future I see her as queen of hearts.

Here is another article, from today's Aftonbladet, also about the dyslexia conference. It pretty much tells the same as the one I translated above, so therefore I descided not to translate it. Maybe I will later, or if someone els wanna give it a try... :flower:

Crown Princess Victoria & Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (protector of Dyslexia International)

Här får Victoria en lektion hon sent ska glömma

BRYSSEL.
Man behöver inte vara dum i huvudet bara för att man är dyslektiker.
Det fick kronprinsessan Victoria lära sig vid en dyslexikonferens i Bryssel i går.
- Det var spännande och roligt, sa kronprinsessan.

För två år sedan berättade Victoria offentligt om sina läs- och skrivsvårigheter.
- Bokstäverna hoppade. Alla skrattade.
- Tidigt fick jag veta att det inte var mitt fel. Ändå hade jag svårt att acceptera det. Jag kände mig så dum.

Tränade minnet
Men minnesexperten Dominic O"Brien, själv dyslektiker, visade med eftertryck att dyslexi inte har något med bristande begåvning att göra.
Själv råkade han ut för en olycka i barndomen. Sedan kunde han inte lära sig att läsa och skriva ordentligt.
- Jag blev mobbad i skolan. Men jag lärde mig en metod för att komma ihåg.

I går visade han sina minnestricks för Victoria och prinsessan Margaretha av Lichtenstein, som är Dyslexia Internationals beskyddare, vid dyslexikonferensen i Bryssel. O"Brien har tränat upp sitt minne med spelkort. Han avslöjade sina knep för Victoria.
- För varje kort tänker jag på en känd person. Spader kung är den brittiske premiärministern Tony Blair. Hjärter dam får bli kronprinsessan själv.
- Jag aktiverar båda hjärnhalvorna och förstärker bildminnet.

Och bildminnet är imponerande. Senast kom han ihåg alla korten i 54 blandade lekar. Totalt 2 808 kort och världsrekord.
- Man är alltså inte dum för att man har dyslexi - man kan i stället ha starka andra förmågor.

"Man ska aldrig mobba"
Victoria är mycket engagerad i olika metoder för att hjälpa barn med läs- och skrivsvårigheter.
- Man ska aldrig mobba, säger hon till Aftonbladet.
- Det är fortfarande inte ovanligt att barn med läs- och skrivsvårigheter blir mobbade av skolkamrater och ibland också av oförstående lärare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom