The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Royal Highness

Looks to me like Victoria's make-over is two-thirds done:

first third of a make-over
-- she has a better attitude to being Crown Prince - as opposed to a few years ago when she was self-conscious (and had her eating disorder).

second third of a make-over
-- she's gained some confidence in developing her own clothing style ... witness the white and black blouse in Stockholm at the ?water prize., and the smart white suit at Sofiera.

desired third third
-- do something with her hair
(those glasses could do with some tweaking then too)

Old 06-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmmm, wouldn´t the third third knock out the second third?! Extreme ponytailing (and long hair) seems to be part of her new confident style

Old 06-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 16th, 2004 - 12:15 pm
Hmmmm, wouldn´t the third third knock out the second third?! Extreme ponytailing (and long hair) seems to be part of her new confident style
Maybe Daniel has got a ponytail fetish ?
Old 06-19-2004, 02:26 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Thanks for the photos at Sofiero. I really enjoyed them. She looked smashing in that white suit.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Where do Swedish princesses buy their lingerie? Is there a Palmers Shop in Stockholm or something else like that?
Old 06-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by mixer2002de@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 11:46 pm
Where do Swedish princesses buy their lingerie? Is there a Palmers Shop in Stockholm or something else like that?
Mixer, as we love him. :P
According to the Palmers website, Palmers doesn´t exist in nordic countries.
But as much as I know the princesses shop a lot in these noble department stores like NK (were Anna Lindh was stabbed down) and I think at Åhléns (but here I´m not sure)
Old 06-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Courtier

At least Victoria should shop at Victorias Secret. I think this would be totally stylish. Maybe they should open a shop in Stockholm!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by mixer2002de@Jun 24th, 2004 - 12:03 am
At least Victoria should shop at Victorias Secret. I think this would be totally stylish. Maybe they should open a shop in Stockholm!
Hm, if my name would be Victoria I would wear Victoria´s secret all the time...it´s really funny, when there´s then a print of this brand´s name on the underwear :P (sorry, now I´m getting disrespectful towards HRH...and of course on most pieces of the Victoria secret´s collections isn´t such a print)
Old 06-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Can some one tell me about Victoria...i don't really know much about her and i'm too lazy to go to the old threads and do the reading :P
Old 06-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by hillary_nugent@Jun 24th, 2004 - 12:13 am
Can some one tell me about Victoria...i don't really know much about her and i'm too lazy to go to the old threads and do the reading :P
I´ve written here a little bio on Victoria (some little things need to be updated, but on the whole not much has changed) Bio
Old 06-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 6:10 pm

Hm, if my name would be Victoria I would wear Victoria´s secret all the time...it´s really funny, when there´s then a print of this brand´s name on the underwear :P (sorry, now I´m getting respectless towards HRH...and of course on most pieces of the Victoria secret´s collections isn´t such a print)
And it would be a secret as she could mail order everything and no shop assistant would know anything about that!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by mixer2002de+Jun 24th, 2004 - 12:15 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mixer2002de @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 12:15 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 6:10 pm

Hm, if my name would be Victoria I would wear Victoria´s secret all the time...it´s really funny, when there´s then a print of this brand´s name on the underwear&nbsp; :P (sorry, now I´m getting respectless towards HRH...and of course on most pieces of the Victoria secret´s collections isn´t such a print)
And it would be a secret as she could mail order everything and no shop assistant would know anything about that&#33; [/b][/quote]
Oh yes, the internet is especially for Royals (and all famous people) an easement...they can shop whatever they want, without being watched (a story which female celebrities love to tell is that fans always look very closely, when they buy tampons :P ) and they can talk to people in a normal way or try to find out, if they are liked or not.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 16th, 2004 - 12:22 pm
Looks to me like Victoria&#39;s make-over is two-thirds done:

first third of a make-over
-- she has a better attitude to being Crown Prince - as opposed to a few years ago when she was self-conscious (and had her eating disorder).

second third of a make-over
-- she&#39;s gained some confidence in developing her own clothing style ... witness the white and black blouse in Stockholm at the ?water prize., and the smart white suit at Sofiera.

desired third third
-- do something with her hair
(those glasses could do with some tweaking then too)
I wouldn&#39;t say that the second third of Victoria&#39;s makeover is really complete. She still dresses quite matronly and a very plain matron at that. Mostly when I see her she is in neutral coloured suits that aren&#39;t very flattering to her body shape at all. And while her evening wear is a vast improvement from her day wear, there is still something to be desired. Look at the awful yellow outfit she wore to the Danish wedding. What was with that yellow lace bolero jacket?

As for her hair, the ponytail is rather annoying but there is not much you can do when you&#39;ve gone long hair as she does. For day events it is hardly appropriate to wear it up in a bun or a chignon (unless you are Queen Margrethe of course&#33; :P ) as she might for an evening occasion. What I think she needs in terms of a hair make over is perhaps get an inch or two taken off the bottom and have layers put in so that she can at least style her hair instead of just brushing and blow drying it jet straight and letting it hang or pulling it back in a ponytail altogether.

Old 06-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting points of view, Genevieve. I´m now fan of Victoria for 8 years (strange to start such an interest at 14, isn´t it :P ). And IMO she has dressed/styled herself best in the year 1996-2001. Before 1996 it´s hard to "blame" her, because I´m sure the early nineties caused some horrible outfits in the cupboards/closets of the members here as well But in the years 2002-2004 there she had some choices, which I really didn´t like...and most of all I´m the ponytail-hater number 1 here...I´m not against these ponytails at all...sometimes, they are really practical (e.g. when one is in hurry, or when one does sports), but they aren´t the most flattering hairdo for a princess&#33; Ok, some people can "get away" with a ponytail...e.g. crown princess Mary, she has very thick waveless hair... so sometimes it looks quite neat on her (well, she shouldn´t overdo it). But Victoria´s hair is a little bit curly and some sort of "shaggy". So to cut it, and to use a better conditioner would help a lot. I liked her hair a lot in 1999 It looked far more lively/vital&#33;
And talking about another thing...her glasses. I can understand that it´s much easier to wear glasses than contacts...but why has it to be always the same model. And why this model "accounting clerk"?&#33; This makes her looking so strict and so "without humour"...and this isn´t a bit the case&#33;
Old 06-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 9:34 pm
Interesting points of view, Genevieve. I´m now fan of Victoria for 8 years (strange to start such an interest at 14, isn´t it :P ). And IMO she has dressed/styled herself best in the year 1996-2001. Before 1996 it´s hard to "blame" her, because I´m sure the early nineties caused some horrible outfits in the cupboards/closets of the members here as well But in the years 2002-2004 there she had some choices, which I really didn´t like
Hello Lena. I cannot remember exactly what Victoria&#39;s style was like in 1996-2001, and you&#39;re very right to say that before that it&#39;s difficult to judge her on her style as fashion was a bit over the top then for everybody, celebrities and princesses alike&#33; :P Recent years, 2002-2004 as you say, her choices are more appropriate I think for someone in their mid-thirties to early forties. Mathilde of Belgium I feel has this same problem in dressing too matronly for her age. But with Mathilde you can almost excuse because there is such an age gap between her and her husband that I personally often forget how young she truly is. But with Victoria in the pictures I see of her I can see her youthful energy, but alas it is all hiding beneath those black/brown/beige/grey/white boring boxy suits. Sometimes I see her in those suits with a colourful or printed shirt underneath the jacket and I think, Yes&#33; There is hope for some youthful style to her yet. But then the next time I see pictures of her she is plain and boring again.

Quote:
...and most of all I´m the ponytail-hater number 1 here...I´m not against these ponytails at all...sometimes, they are really practical (e.g. when one is in hurry, or when one does sports), but they aren´t the most flattering hairdo for a princess&#33; Ok, some people can "get away" with a ponytail...e.g. crown princess Mary, she has very thick waveless hair... so sometimes it looks quite neat on her (well, she shouldn´t overdo it). But Victoria´s hair is a little bit curly and some sort of "shaggy". So to cut it, and to use a better conditioner would help a lot. I liked her hair a lot in 1999 It looked far more lively/vital&#33;
And talking about another thing...her glasses. I can understand that it´s much easier to wear glasses than contacts...but why has it to be always the same model. And why this model "accounting clerk"?&#33; This makes her looking so strict and so "without humour"...and this isn´t a bit the case&#33;
In regards to Mary and ponytails, I think it works for her not just because she has such thick hair as I think Victoria does have thick hair, too, maybe not as thick as Mary&#39;s though, but because she varies her hairstyle. Take the Greenland trip: On arrival it was in a low ponytail but in subsequent occasions her hair was down. Or sometimes her hair is slightly curled, sometimes pulled back in a half ponytail, etc. There is some variety interspersed between the ponytail wearing so you don&#39;t get bored of it so easily.

I like very much the cut of Victoria&#39;s hair in the picture you posted. The layers are lovely and probably very flattering framed around her face. Yet it looks long enough still that she could pin it back or up for a different day look and of course for evenings. Pulling her hair back into a ponytail now and then because she&#39;s in a rush is fine, but at 95% of her appearances she was in a rush?

Old 06-25-2004, 02:29 AM
Courtier

I think 98% of the time, Victoria looks great...I wonder what she would look like with short hair?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by sommone@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:29 am
I think 98% of the time, Victoria looks great...I wonder what she would look like with short hair?
Hm, how short? Like cp Mathilde? Or like princess Märtha Louise? Well, I think it wouldn´t fit her...she has a round face and a little prominent chin and IMO such a hair style would emphasize this.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:04 AM
Royal Highness

Good idea &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ... short hair ...... :)
Old 06-25-2004, 03:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena+Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:41 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:41 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sommone@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:29 am
Hm, how short? Like cp Mathilde? Or like princess Märtha Louise? Well, I think it wouldn´t fit her...she has a round face and a little prominent chin and IMO such a hair style would emphasize this. [/b][/quote]
You&#39;re probably right about her chin being more prominent with short hair. I was thinking alone the lines of Martha Louise.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:29 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
I´ll tell you a hairstyle and a color on her that I am not particularly fond of and that I hope never happens:

Yikes

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, stockholm