Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, General News Part 1: June - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she'll be back on Sweden for her birthday.

I wonder if she'll be back on Sweden for her birthday.

The swedish court informed before the wedding, that Victoria and Daniel won´t be at the Victoria´s birthday party, they will continue their honeymoon.

Out of curiosity about the wedding, I am sure Daniel is on many medications due to transplant. Was he toasting with non-alcoholic beverages?

Out of curiosity about the wedding, I am sure Daniel is on many medications due to transplant. Was he toasting with non-alcoholic beverages?

Could be, but it could also be that he just took just a few tiny zips, I saw both red and white wine he was toasting with.

Regarding their current location, I very much doubt that they will go to the villa 'La Mirage' near St. Tropez, unless they want to be invaded by paparazzi. The house is easily accessible for photographers from the beach, which is one reason why The King (who owns it) is reportedly planning on selling the property.
Princess Lilian did not inherit 'La Mirage' from her husband Prince Bertil, and it does not belong to CP Victoria now.
If speculation about the south of France are correct, they might be staying in a different location - during recent family holidays, while The King and Queen stayed at 'La Mirage', Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip were already at an undisclosed location nearby.

There was another program on Dutch TV that spent some words on the matter yesterday, I heard. I will see if I can find that, but it is commercial and not public broadcasting, so that might be a little harder to trace down.

They have been on honeymoon for 3 weeks already and her birthday isn't for another 4 days yet they will still be on honeymoon even then-what an extravagance in these pressing economic times. Even if the Swedish people are not paying for it (and I don't know if they are) such a long break IMO is tactless. Most people would be over the moon with a 2 week honeymoon nevermind one that goes beyond 3.

They have been on honeymoon for 3 weeks already and her birthday isn't for another 4 days yet they will still be on honeymoon even then-what an extravagance in these pressing economic times. Even if the Swedish people are not paying for it (and I don't know if they are) such a long break IMO is tactless. Most people would be over the moon with a 2 week honeymoon nevermind one that goes beyond 3.
As a Swede I will say that they can take the whole summer off if they want to. The length of their - or anyone else's - honeymoon is irrelevant in regard to the current economic situation. Besides, Sweden practically closes down during July.

It's the summer, most of this time would be spent on holiday anyway.
I think it's good that they are having such a long break.

Oh pls give them a break! They will be working for the next couple months really hard. And yes in July there isn't much to do in Europe "politics-wise". nearly all the parliements are on a break and so is pretty much everyone. Let them enjoy their honeymoon, afterall you only got be in your honeymoon once.

They are not on a break as a matter of fact. They are free from official duties but are busy at the vital task of promoting a heir to the swedish throne. "in their own pace" as Prince Daniel stated.
Personally, and as a swiss citizen, I would prefer to have royals living on my money than dull looking bank managers who feed on exorbitant boni and give the country a bad image.:lol:

When Victoria and Daniel return from their honeymoon, they must be staying at the Drottningholm Castle in Victoria´s apartment, because the Haga Palace isn´t ready yet. Originally the castle should have been ready to move in July. But an extensive pipe removal and radon and asbestos removal delayed the plans. It should have been ready in early August. But reportedly it has been delayed again. It is still unclear, when Victoria and Daniel can move to Haga.
Victoria och Daniel kan inte flytta in | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Well, in the first chapter there is nothing that wasn't already written somewhere else. :whistling:

It's written remarkably boring too. Not very much work put into something that wants to ride on the wave of the wedding.

What a lovely idea and what a lovely baby animal !

I wonder if Victoria let her rummage through her closet or simply gave her the dress.

It is a nice gesture, but she's giving away dresses that she wore to celebrate her wedding.
I could never give my dresses away.

It is a nice gesture, but she's giving away dresses that she wore to celebrate her wedding.

She gave two very old dresses to the wife of a friend of Daniel. There was an article at Svensk Damtidning. The dresses were these:
The lady wore this dress at the private party in Drottningholm, from the pre-wedding ball of Alexia of Greece, 1999:
Getty Images
And this one from 2001 (it could even be older), she wore at the wedding, it was a little altered
Getty Images
Also the one she gave to Anna was some years old. I don´t understand your point, how does it effect to her wedding that she gave away her old dresses?
I think that Victoria would have never used these dresses anymore.

Do you mean dresses that were worn at her wedding? If so it is a lovely gesture and lets face it, we all moan when they haul out something seen many times before, even if it was years ago.

I think she must have had such fun opening her wardrobe and doing the girlie thing saying "let's try all these on, oh good grief, I can't believe I wore that colour but, wow, I bet that would look great on you . . . . . oh, that's the one I wore when Daniel and I went as partners to ????? wedding, do you remember, Oh my gosh, this would look divine on you. You absolutely have to try it on . . . . "

I think she must be very fond of her sister-in-law and I think she provides the familial friendship that I don't think she gets from her own sister.

As for the dress Victoria wore to her wedding? That is not going anywhere!

She gave two very old dresses to the wife of a friend of Daniel. There was an article at Svensk Damtidning. The dresses were these:
The lady wore this dress at the private party in Drottningholm, from the pre-wedding ball of Alexia of Greece, 1999:
Getty Images
And this one from 2001 (it could even be older), she wore at the wedding, it was a little altered
Getty Images
Also the one she gave to Anna was some years old. I don´t understand your point, how does it effect to her wedding that she gave away her old dresses?
I think that Victoria would have never used these dresses anymore.

I didn't realise that the dresses she gave away were old ones, for some reason my mind read "evening" in the first post as "wedding" and presumed she had given away the dresses she wore before her wedding.
Thank you for posting the pictures of the dresses.
I still wouldn't have gave them away.

Nothings wrong with giving away your dresses.
Especially if you have a closet full of them.

I agree...they're just dresses, after all. She has Daniel and now she needs new dresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom