Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, General News Part 1: June - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any possibility of a brief summary of this article, anyone who's read it? Thanks in advance..

The article is at the paper version of Expressen, maybe they will put in the web later. To me it sounds like a Sunday article to sell a lot of papers without a big story. Everyone knows that the King will follow what Daniel does at his work, he follows his childrens´ work also.

To me it sounds like a Sunday article to sell a lot of papers
Indeed. Even though none does actually read Expressen and the less gossip about the RF ;)

Not too happy, that they have decided to get all sponsored by Hult.

Johan T Lindwall strikes again. He reveals the shocking truth that absolutly noone belived in, that Daniel actually have to do hard royal work. Its one of his typical: I dont have anything new to report but i must write something to earn my pay.

On swedish radios show Svensktoppen When you tell the world your mine continue to dominate the top for the 4th straight week.

I think its good they are fully sponsored by Hult. Then the republicans cant object to their trip since its not payed by the goverment.

I think its good they are fully sponsored by Hult. Then the republicans cant object to their trip since its not payed by the goverment.

Yes, but then they will argue, that there are all these rich business people, who catch free advertisment via well-loved (actually) independent Royals.
IMO this talk has actually won over the apanage talk (as the argument saying, that presidents are more expensive, is easy to make)
The king is self earning money. So in theory he could have payed the trip via this.

I do not know what is right or wrong in these tabloids. I read somewhere that Jonas was the king's favorite son-in-law and that the break up between Madeleine and Jonas was also particularly hard for CG.

May I as a foreigner say that the king seemed to have bet on the wrong horse? While Daniel had to turn himself inside out for years, in order to become accepted, without making complaints, being very modest but full of loyality towards Victoria, the favorite fancy lawyer son, of whom the king had such high hopes, was fooling around, probably more than once.

I hope the king will have mercy on Daniel when he makes a 'mistake', he has the heart in the right place and he deserves much more credit. Let the king focus on his son CP and his new girl-friend, instead of putting pressure on Daniel.

I do not know what is right or wrong in these tabloids. I read somewhere that Jonas was the king's favorite son-in-law and that the break up between Madeleine and Jonas was also particularly hard for CG.

May I as a foreigner say that the king seemed to have bet on the wrong horse? While Daniel had to turn himself inside out for years, in order to become accepted, without making complaints, being very modest but full of loyality towards Victoria, the favorite fancy lawyer son, of whom the king had such high hopes, was fooling around, probably more than once.

I hope the king will have mercy on Daniel when he makes a 'mistake', he has the heart in the right place and he deserves much more credit. Let the king focus on his son CP and his new girl-friend, instead of putting pressure on Daniel.

I agree with you!! well said. The "working class" boy [if i may use that expression] knew he would have to work hard to be accepted and he did. The end result will be something solid- I think.

The King may have paid for the whole honeymoon. To assume that it was free and all paid for by Hult is pure speculation. Friends borrow and share their various vacation homes freely so nothing unusual that they stayed at someones house rather than a hotel.

I read somewhere that Jonas was the king's favorite son-in-law

He couldn't of been his favourite son in law, because he wasn't married to Madeleine.

These stories about the King watching Daniel's every step when he gets back seem totally ridiculous, The King should be more than happy to have one working Prince in his family, and to say that he is going to come down on him like a ton of bricks if he makes a mistake is showing the King in a very bad light.

Also why should CG focus on Carl-Philip and Sofia, what have they done wrong to deserve his undivided attention?

The entire royal family participates in anniversary celebrations in Örebro. But all eyes will be directed to prince Daniel, who makes his royal debut.
- The king demands that Daniel is doing a good job. Autumn is the test for Daniel.The King will follow every single step he takes, said a source familiar with the court.
Prins Daniel debuterar i födelsestaden - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

The other article in Expressen:
Johan T Lindwall "knows" that the king´s plan is that the crown princess couple will become the new face of the royal family and Sweden. Daniel is now Prince and his new life is to work at Victoria's side - at all her travels and missions, to encourage and help her. Nowadays everyone at the court believes that Daniel will manage his work - even the most critical voices have long since became silent. The King has planned that the crown princess couple will make several trips abroad. Lindwall says that knowing the King there will be no soft start for them. The King will ensure that they have their days filled with work and official duties. The King is conservative and requires one thing from the new prince: Results. Daniel knows this, and Lindwall knows Daniel and knows that he will not make the King or Swedish people disappointed. He will prove himself worthy of his new title.
Nu kommer Victoria och Daniel hem - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Daniel Nyhlén at Svensk Damtidning about the honeymoon:
Mitt i naturen – med Victoria och Daniel | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg
Google Translate

He couldn't of been his favourite son in law, because he wasn't married to Madeleine.

These stories about the King watching Daniel's every step when he gets back seem totally ridiculous, The King should be more than happy to have one working Prince in his family, and to say that he is going to come down on him like a ton of bricks if he makes a mistake is showing the King in a very bad light.

Also why should CG focus on Carl-Philip and Sofia, what have they done wrong to deserve his undivided attention?

The son-in-law was not meant literally. It was obvious Daniel needed to prove himself much more than Jonas.

As for Sofia, if I were the royal parents I would be worried about this.

I know that Daniel will do a wonderful job. He has definately quieted my worries. If he displays himself half as well as he did at the wedding, the King can only be pleased. I do agree with Elisheva that the King and Queen need to be concerned more with CP and Sofia.

The entire royal family participates in anniversary celebrations in Örebro. But all eyes will be directed to prince Daniel, who makes his royal debut.
- The king demands that Daniel is doing a good job. Autumn is the test for Daniel.The King will follow every single step he takes, said a source familiar with the court.
Prins Daniel debuterar i födelsestaden - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

The other article in Expressen:
Johan T Lindwall "knows" that the king´s plan is that the crown princess couple will become the new face of the royal family and Sweden. Daniel is now Prince and his new life is to work at Victoria's side - at all her travels and missions, to encourage and help her. Nowadays everyone at the court believes that Daniel will manage his work - even the most critical voices have long since became silent. The King has planned that the crown princess couple will make several trips abroad. Lindwall says that knowing the King there will be no soft start for them. The King will ensure that they have their days filled with work and official duties. The King is conservative and requires one thing from the new prince: Results. Daniel knows this, and Lindwall knows Daniel and knows that he will not make the King or Swedish people disappointed. He will prove himself worthy of his new title.
Nu kommer Victoria och Daniel hem - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Daniel Nyhlén at Svensk Damtidning about the honeymoon:
Mitt i naturen – med Victoria och Daniel | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg
Google Translate
From the look of it, no one will be happier to have the newlyweds back from their honeymoon than the papers! I expect to see a flood of articles in the coming weeks. :lol:

I have to be honest, though, and day that I'm really excited about seeing Victoria and Daniel in their first official duties as a married couple too. I think they're going to do a fantastic job together and separately. I'm sure the king won't have anything to worry about.

The press is surely excited to have them home. ;)

What are they going to do on 21st August?

August 21
The Royal Family
attends celebrations to mark the 200th anniversary of the Bernadotte family's accession to the Swedish throne at Örebro Castle in Örebro.

I've just noticed that Daniel doesn't have any events in August, I assume he will be attending the ones dedicated "The Royal Family"

I've just noticed that Daniel doesn't have any events in August, I assume he will be attending the ones dedicated "The Royal Family"
He should attend also "Celebrations to mark the 200th anniversary of Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm City Hall on August 27th" together with King, Queen and Victoria.

I've noticed lately that there are some discrepancies between English & Swedish version of the royal calendar.

OMG, the baby hunt has begun. I am sure V&D, like D said, will take their own pace.

He should attend also "Celebrations to mark the 200th anniversary of Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm City Hall on August 27th" together with King, Queen and Victoria.

I've noticed lately that there are some discrepancies between English & Swedish version of the royal calendar.

I wasn't looking at the royal calender, but the list posted on this website by other members.
But if he was attending that event, shouldn't he be listed?

Two events on the 21st and 27th. I thought he would have one event on his own at least.

I wonder if the couple will follow the example of Alexander and Maxima. My sister, who lives in Holland, told me they invited the TV stations in their home, to thank the public after their wedding and to show them a room full of presents they received.

Two events on the 21st and 27th. I thought he would have one event on his own at least.

Nja, up from August 21 to 31, it would be just 10 working days.
And for events taking place later, the court is often adding additional duties one week before the event (and sometimes not. Depends on their mood ;) )

I wonder if the couple will follow the example of Alexander and Maxima. My sister, who lives in Holland, told me they invited the TV stations in their home, to thank the public after their wedding and to show them a room full of presents they received.
Victoria has thanked the people on the balcony and Daniel via his speech (Willem Alexander´s was private)
Further they gave the interviews from Bora Bora to Aftonbladet and Expressen, where they were also acknowledging the support, they have received.
I guess no interviews until late autumn or so.
I´d be surprised, if they give one earlier

That was short.
I thought they would honeymoon at least until the end of August.

That was short.
I thought they would honeymoon at least until the end of August.
6 weeks honeymoon + 3 weeks vacation is short??
IMO it isn´t - Neither by Royal standards nor by the ones of ordinary Swedish citizens
The wedding date was perfect to get followed by a long vacation.
They hardly could have gone for similiar, if they would have gotten married in September.

Why the three cars? Is it a security arrangement or do they have that much luggage? :)

Ah, the baby hunt..I hope they do have a child relatively soon but it's still too early to tell even if Victoria got pregnant right after the wedding.

Looking forward to seeing them move into Haga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom