The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Aristocracy

Dutch boulevard TV program reports the couple has been spotted on a boat near Florida. Next week they will move to southern France, where Victoria has her own mansion, given to her on her 18th birthday. I don't know if this is true, but that is what the program reported.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

A short video of the interview in Bora Bora, dubbed in German:
ZDF

Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

The program said they went to Florida after 2,5 weeks of Tahiti, they will stay the last 2 weeks in Europe with France as the main base.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisheva View Post
Dutch boulevard TV program reports the couple has been spotted on a boat near Florida. Next week they will move to southern France, where Victoria has her own mansion, given to her on her 18th birthday. I don't know if this is true, but that is what the program reported.
Do they maybe mean Villa Mirage in S:t Maxime in France? I don't think it's particularly owned by Victoria, but the royal family. Or can there be some apartment just owned by Victoria?
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to swedish press Victoria and Daniel stayed only 10 days in Tahiti/Bora Bora and left then to the USA over a week ago.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJenni View Post
Do they maybe mean Villa Mirage in S:t Maxime in France? I don't think it's particularly owned by Victoria, but the royal family. Or can there be some apartment just owned by Victoria?
Well if the royal family owns it they could well have given it to Victoria as a birthday present.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJenni View Post

Yes, this is the one, I think I read somewhere Lilian gave it to her (this was not told by the reporter) and had recently told Victoria to spend her holidays there with her new prince, though suffering from Alzheimer, she still knew this. I also heard Lilian has some pictures in her quarters with Victoria and Daniel vacationing in that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to swedish press Victoria and Daniel stayed only 10 days in Tahiti/Bora Bora and left then to the USA over a week ago.
I will record the rerun late tonight, the reporter has his own royalty magazine, so I guess there is some truth in what he said. I was eating when the show first aired, but from the corner of my eye I could see some footage of the 2 of them, footage I had not seen before. Anyway, they are spotted on the coast of Florida and are heading soon for France.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:04 AM
Aristocracy

Okay, this is what the program said (don't know if it is all true but I have seen this guy once in an interview with this Swedish royalty reporter, Jenny ?):

Right after the party the couple escaped to Iceland and slept there for the rest of the night and next morning, probably in the private jet. Then they flew to Vancouver where they have been spotted down town doing shoping on Monday afternoon. From there they flew to Tahiti. According to the reporter they stayed there for about 2 weeks and also stayed some nights over on a tiny atol, outside the boat. Now they are in the USA, rumor has it they were spotted in Florida, also on a boat. Their current destination is unknown. After the US they will spend the last weeks in Europe, with the main base in Victoria's home (castle??), which was given to her on her 18th birthday (I wonder if this time table is correct if it was indeed the home of prince Bertil). I was wrong about the footage because they showed the boat in Tahiti which we have seen already.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photo gallery in Svensk Damtidning from Bora Bora:
Bildspel: Kronprinsessan Victorias och prins Daniels Bora Bora-resa | Svensk Damtidning
Old 07-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria said some years ago "who wants to go there and have paparazzis at your back all the time" so I find it highly unlikely that she would chose St Maxime for her honeymoon. But perhaps she has another hidingplace at the Riviera, like a friends house or something like that
Old 07-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if she'll be back on Sweden for her birthday.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I wonder if she'll be back on Sweden for her birthday.
The swedish court informed before the wedding, that Victoria and Daniel won´t be at the Victoria´s birthday party, they will continue their honeymoon.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Commoner

Out of curiosity about the wedding, I am sure Daniel is on many medications due to transplant. Was he toasting with non-alcoholic beverages?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo ann View Post
Out of curiosity about the wedding, I am sure Daniel is on many medications due to transplant. Was he toasting with non-alcoholic beverages?
Could be, but it could also be that he just took just a few tiny zips, I saw both red and white wine he was toasting with.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Regarding their current location, I very much doubt that they will go to the villa 'La Mirage' near St. Tropez, unless they want to be invaded by paparazzi. The house is easily accessible for photographers from the beach, which is one reason why The King (who owns it) is reportedly planning on selling the property.
Princess Lilian did not inherit 'La Mirage' from her husband Prince Bertil, and it does not belong to CP Victoria now.
If speculation about the south of France are correct, they might be staying in a different location - during recent family holidays, while The King and Queen stayed at 'La Mirage', Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip were already at an undisclosed location nearby.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Aristocracy

There was another program on Dutch TV that spent some words on the matter yesterday, I heard. I will see if I can find that, but it is commercial and not public broadcasting, so that might be a little harder to trace down.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

They have been on honeymoon for 3 weeks already and her birthday isn't for another 4 days yet they will still be on honeymoon even then-what an extravagance in these pressing economic times. Even if the Swedish people are not paying for it (and I don't know if they are) such a long break IMO is tactless. Most people would be over the moon with a 2 week honeymoon nevermind one that goes beyond 3.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
They have been on honeymoon for 3 weeks already and her birthday isn't for another 4 days yet they will still be on honeymoon even then-what an extravagance in these pressing economic times. Even if the Swedish people are not paying for it (and I don't know if they are) such a long break IMO is tactless. Most people would be over the moon with a 2 week honeymoon nevermind one that goes beyond 3.
As a Swede I will say that they can take the whole summer off if they want to. The length of their - or anyone else's - honeymoon is irrelevant in regard to the current economic situation. Besides, Sweden practically closes down during July.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
It's the summer, most of this time would be spent on holiday anyway.
I think it's good that they are having such a long break.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Oh pls give them a break! They will be working for the next couple months really hard. And yes in July there isn't much to do in Europe "politics-wise". nearly all the parliements are on a break and so is pretty much everyone. Let them enjoy their honeymoon, afterall you only got be in your honeymoon once.

Closed Thread