The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

There´s a video about Aftonbladet´s interview, but you have to be logged to see it.
A short article with two photos
”Vi hoppas få vara lyckliga” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Finnish newspaper Iltasanomat quotes in it´s paper version the interview of Aftonbladet:
The whole Sweden is waiting for the news of a baby for the crown princess couple, even though they just got married. The couple is calm with the expectations. Daniel says that there will be a lot of speculation, but they hope that they can go with their own pace in this. Victoria says that they hope that they are so lucky that they will have children some day.
The only thing Victoria wanted from the honeymoon was that she and Daniel can have a peaceful time together. Victoria says that they have seen many beautiful things in Bora Bora, but the most important thing is just to be together with Daniel and relax. And to talk again and again about everything what happened during the wedding and how they experienced it. Victoria and Daniel have talked a lot about their future together. Daniel says that everything is now beginning for him and that they wait eagerly for the autumn.

Daniel tells about his speech to Victoria:
I made the speech because of my love for Victoria. I wanted to tell everyone, what a fantastic wife I have. Most people have a positive picture about Victoria, but I wanted to show, how I feel for her. How considerate and incredibly sweet she is. It is absolutely incomparable.

Still some photos from Bora Bora:
RTL
RTL
RTL

Old 07-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Gentry

What a great summary, thanks for posting! It sounds like they have a great attitude about their future. These two are rapidly becoming my favorite royal couple, they're just so cute. Perhaps we shouldn't expect a baby right away - after all, they certainly showed they're not in any hurry to satisfy other people's speculation with how long they took to have a wedding. I like that they're content to go at their own pace.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Hola!
Primeras imágenes de la luna de miel de los príncipes Victoria y Daniel de Suecia

Pictures of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling Honeymoon in Tahiti After Wedding in Sweden - PopSugar
Old 07-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

Here is an article about the Crown Princess couple's pre-nuptial: Victoria to keep her wealth after divorce - The Local
Old 07-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Courtier

^That's a definitive headline. Shouldn't it say in an event of a divorce instead?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse View Post
Here is an article about the Crown Princess couple's pre-nuptial: Victoria to keep her wealth after divorce - The Local

Here you can see the agreement paper with the signatures of Victoria and Daniel:
http://static.expressen.se/polopoly/...faultImage.jpg
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm glad she's protected during and after the marriage if ever it doesn't work out.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
^That's a definitive headline. Shouldn't it say in an event of a divorce instead?
LOL, I didn't even pick-up on that when reading the article. Yeah, their choice of wording is odd.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse View Post
More accurate but perhaps less sensational - Victoria and Daniel keep their respective wealth ......
Old 07-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Commoner

Why did Daniel quit his job as executive at his gym? Is it a rule that he would only be a prince and nothing else? Couldn't he do both?? Prince and gym owner?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonjr27 View Post
Why did Daniel quit his job as executive at his gym? Is it a rule that he would only be a prince and nothing else? Couldn't he do both?? Prince and gym owner?
I think keeping his job would have been "risky" on some levels:
- security: he would have a body guard at work or nearby,
- potential conflict of interest; imagine all the "curious people" or gawkers who would show up or sign up at the gym jsut to catch a glimpse. Then imagine a gym owned by the crown princess' husband. The number of members -and cash flow in teh business could easily double, then they could accuse him of "making money" by trading on the royal connection.
This could potentially get complicated.

Now that we know aobut this prenuptial agreement; it's fair enough in cases where there is a big difference in fortunes.

In case of divorce he will not get a castle or the family jewelry but I hope he will have provisions for some sort of support or allowance .

Even while married he shoudl have some allowance: for example he should be able to buy the princess a birthday gift without asking her for money - or sending her the bill. He should be able to buy a gift for his mother or father etc.
I am sure they thought about that!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Commoner

I'm sure he gets some sort of income that doesn't have anything to do with the royal family. Right? Maybe he's a shareholder of the gym but not an acting employee.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Aristocracy

you're right- likely he gets some income from his share of the gym.
Let's hope the gym continues to prosper!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel was the CEO and Board Director at Balance (Training), he stepped down in November 2009. He was also the CEO and Board Director at Master Training and Board Member at the Brasil Development. He quit also these jobs, but he will still be an equity partner. He will get dividends from his investments. Before the wedding it was told at the papers, that the value of the shares he owns in these companies is about two million euros.
Daniel made the decision of stepping down from his own jobs himself, because he thinks that a prince can´t have another job in a leading role in different companies.
Photo show from the honeymoon and the wedding:
ZDF
Old 07-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Commoner

Thanks for the explanation guys!! You know, the more I get to know Daniel, the more I like him. I understand that he "made the decision of stepping down from his own jobs himself, because he thinks that a prince can´t have another job in a leading role in different companies." But I'm sure he could have done both. That just shows how dedicated he is towards Victoria and him representing Sweden. ;-)
Old 07-06-2010, 02:18 AM
Aristocracy

Victoria and Daniel When the Honeymoon Is Over

I read somewhere that Princess Ann of England Husband after the divource, he did not receive anything much, the same was said about Princess Margaret's husband. Women whether Royal or Non Royal have to protect themselves. Who can guarantee that Victoria and Daniel's marriage will last.? We can see that Victoria has shown her deep love for Daniel while he was as stiff as a board let's wait and see. I hope that they have a long life together.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I'm glad she's protected during and after the marriage if ever it doesn't work out.
She?
She is getting him into a lifestyle, that was a problem for many prince consorts before. For me it would be very ok, if he would get compensation (from her private fortune) in the case, it wouldn´t work out. However the lawyers of the king are smart and the more Daniel has pride (an other point for him)

Quote:
We can see that Victoria has shown her deep love for Daniel while he was as stiff as a board let's wait and see
I guess we have watched a different wedding coverage then
Old 07-06-2010, 03:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
We can see that Victoria has shown her deep love for Daniel while he was as stiff as a board let's wait and see.
Daniel teared up during the ceremony itself and then gave a beautiful speech at the reception for his wife, even though he was clearly nervous. This is a love match, no doubt about it.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by casie View Post
Daniel teared up during the ceremony itself and then gave a beautiful speech at the reception for his wife, even though he was clearly nervous. This is a love match, no doubt about it.

I am in Holland now and I came across a picture in one of the tabloids that I had not seen before. Daniel was lifting his glasses and wiped away his tears with that white piece of cloth he carried in the pocket of the jacket. I never saw that pic anywhere before, neither during the ceremony on TV.

This match is made in heaven, every vessel of their bodies speaks this language. With his speech he made himself vulnerable, that must have cost some courage. They are a great couple and I hope they will become even more happier than they are already and I also hope his health stays well in the long run.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisheva View Post
I am in Holland now and I came across a picture in one of the tabloids that I had not seen before. Daniel was lifting his glasses and wiped away his tears with that white piece of cloth he carried in the pocket of the jacket. I never saw that pic anywhere before, neither during the ceremony on TV.
This picture I've been thinking also; and would like to see it again. It's telling a lot about their love for each others. Does anyone have the picture?

My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Closed Thread