The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Commoner

Daniel om talet: "Jag var nervös" - Bröllopet - Expressen | Senaste nytt | Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop

Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel tells that before his speech he was quite nervous, but not anymore when he stood up. Then he was quite calm.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Daniel tells that before his speech he was quite nervous, but not anymore when he stood up. Then he was quite calm.
That I have noticed indeed, and I think practically everyone else too. His speech was massively impressing!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to agree that his speech was impressive and if he was nervous, I didn't see it too much. I would also agree that along with many others, that my opinion of Daniel has improved significantly. I'm not quite sure what I thought about him before, but now, I do think that he will be a bonus for the Royal family and a great help to Victoria.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Courtier

The best on the speech was this odd giggling from him. I thought: he? What was that? Funny.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 06-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
The best on the speech was this odd giggling from him. I thought: he? What was that? Funny.
That was nerves, he was very nervous.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Nobility

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
In what part of his speech did he giggle?

I thought it was odd at the end of the speech when he kept shaking Victoria's hand up and down. Queen Silvia looked over to see what he was doing.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Nobility

Rhetoric experts hailes Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
That was nerves, he was very nervous.
HRH Prince Daniel's speech is hailed as the best in the wedding. Not only for royalty and rhetoric experts, but also in international media and, lo and behold, Republican blog!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Article about thatVictoria and Daniel have already started work to strengthen the status and respect of the royal family.Through contacts with high-ranking politicians and power elite in the industry they want to secure the future of the monarchy.
Daniels kamp för kungahuset - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate
Old 06-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Courtier

I think that along with Princess Mette-Marit Daniel had the most difficult stand with regards to marrying into an European royal family. Of course it may be to early to say this as he hasn't accomplished much until today, but still so far he has done a great job.His speech was impressive as much as it was unique. Hopefully we will hear lots of nice stories about this beautiful couple.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Courtier

It's understandable for Daniel to be nervous giving his first public speech in front of all of those illustrious guests. I sure would be. Nice speech btw.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
I think that along with Princess Mette-Marit Daniel had the most difficult stand with regards to marrying into an European royal family.
Very true! But unlike Mette-Marit of Norway, he didn't have controversial background and unlike Mary of Denmark, he didn't have to learn the country's official language. The "only" thing required of him to learn was 'prince lessons' - how to be a royal 101, which is huge, I know, but he didn't have all the other little things to learn along with that, so in a sense, he had it a tiny bit easier. He did very, very well on his first speech as Prince of Sweden. I absolutely loved it! I'm sure he'll wow everyone again and again over the years. They seem like a well-matched couple very much in love.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Very true! But unlike Mette-Marit of Norway, he didn't have controversial background and unlike Mary of Denmark, he didn't have to learn the country's official language. The "only" thing required of him to learn was 'prince lessons' - how to be a royal 101, which is huge, I know, but he didn't have all the other little things to learn along with that, so in a sense, he had it a tiny bit easier. He did very, very well on his first speech as Prince of Sweden. I absolutely loved it! I'm sure he'll wow everyone again and again over the years. They seem like a well-matched couple very much in love.
Let's not compare Daniel with either Mette-Marit of Mary. Daniel was a successful businessman in his own right and very hardworking and driven even before he met Victoria. He only saw clients at Mastergym where the fees are very high to join and you must be recommended by two other members before you are considered for membership. That facility's members are mostly the corporate and cultural top level of people and of course also the royal children and their friends.

Victoria did not go to the local 24 hour fitness to work out.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

of course! you are right! i've heard so many times in these days that CP Victoria married her personal trainer: true but he is a successful business owner at an early age (he had the exclusive gym at least at 29 years old!)!

By the way is it true that he also has a resort in Brasil? that's what was written in italian mags but i'm not sure about their sources!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Aristocracy

While I am thinking, we can indeed not compare Mette Marit, Mary and Daniel, I am though thinking, that both Daniel and Mette Marit were underestimated and had to face lots of criticism.

Daniel was in the press and for many people the gym trainer without education (I think many still believe he wasn´t an gym owner, when he did meet Victoria) and Mette Marit the "junkie", who had a child with a drug dealer.

Mary, on the other hand, got portrayed as "lawyer" by many, while she "just" has a bachelor of law and commerce.

I guess this has a lot to do with the kindness of the Danish people, but also with the fact, that Mary was no Dane.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel together at the royal court´s website: Meet the royal family
Royal Family - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 06-29-2010, 04:30 AM
Courtier

Finally they've updated also the picture.

I hope they'll make new, proper, one when they return back.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Daniel's name is finally also updated to Bernadotte dynasty family tree! :)

The Bernadotte Dynasty - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Resume writes that Expressen was the lucky one that got interview of Victoria and Daniel on their honeymoon. The competitor of Expressen, Aftonbladet, sent four people to search for the happy couple, but they didn´t find them. It wasn´t cheap for Aftonbladet, it is estimated that it costed a lot of money...
Resumé: Aftonbladets dyra nota i Söderhavet