The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Nonsense.The man is a friend and if someone loves to start nagging on any given issue then he better pick something else.
Victoria has done nothing wrong,it's just the plebs without an extra buck ,and in this case the editor of a
so-called "republican paper",who gets jealous and vicious towards the Prince and Princess without any
legal ground.The editor of that so-called republican paper should be dragged to Court for libel but that
would give him too much exposure not worth the guy.Friends do what friends do and it's nobodies darn business.At all.
This is just a gross case of nitpicking and nothing else.The editors should be slammed silly by the decent press.
Is my opinion (and others by the way).
It's fair to say that what you stated is "nonsense" IMO ?
But I'm better than that I like to think. I think everybody can stated his opinion on this forum and should not be insulted by other posters.
Another poster was far to polite and I agreed with it : that is too much to say is bribe but to receive expensive ghifts from tycoons is not right.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:53 AM
Courtier

Oh my, this is just too absurd. It was just a wedding present, give them a break. The 3 complaining people can pay for the trip if they really wish.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiaE View Post
I think everybody can state his opinion on this forum and should not be insulted by other posters.
I agree with you ClaudiaE, some posters don't know how to disagree "politëly"; this is key to maintainig a good blog.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Aristocracy

This is my ideea too altagrace.
for anothers debates (politly ones).
Old 08-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The media in general often have a problem with distinguishing between "power" and "influence". Almost anyone can try to get influence (whether royal or not).
But power can be wielded by politicians, not members of a royal court.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Is my opinion (and others by the way).
It's fair to say that what you stated is "nonsense" IMO ?
But I'm better than that I like to think. I think everybody can stated his opinion on this forum and should not be insulted by other posters.
Another poster was far to polite and I agreed with it : that is too much to say is bribe but to receive expensive ghifts from tycoons is not right.
Read again,that should make it clear to you and your others that what i pointed at as nonsense is the perticular hulabaloo by that so-called republican paper.That was not only Nonsense but Libel and they should be out of business because of it.Freedom of speech is one thing but abuse has become the norm and I'll fight that.Always.

Thank god there's this self-made billionair and he has companies in Sweden,ofcourse,and employs people,if I were him I would buy that paper and kick 'm all out on the streets so fast they wouldn't know what hit them.The man has many companies,what if he would withdraw all of 'm from Sweden and point a fat finger at that paper?What would be left of it?Shreds.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
Oh my, this is just too absurd. It was just a wedding present, give them a break. The 3 complaining people can pay for the trip if they really wish.

LOL!!That makes sense,refreshing!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Nobility

Deras nya hem – ett topphemligt reservat | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Behind a 800 m ironfence guarded by 60 cameras and 10+ castleguards the couple will find their home. The plans are classified since Haga is regarded as high security area now.

Nothing yet on when they intend to move in.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

While I find the curruption thing way over the top, I dont like the fact that a rich business man forks out the money for the CP couple. how odd is that, its a matter of principle that the SRF should have payed for the trip, yes, royals do have rich friends etc but this one is too obvious, its the honeymoon, what a strange "present", its not good to see royals getting involved with business people, even if they are friends, to such a degree.

CG must be very sure that there is no skeleton hidden in some closet because if there was, the SRF would be running the risk of a big scandal, another one I almost have to add.

Royals should at least try to stay neutral, this honeymoon stunt is milking connections par excellence, to me its rather embarrassing to do a freeloader for weeks on the highest level. Its ok to have a honeymoon but this one is going on and on and on and on top somebody else is paying for it, I can see why some polls in Sweden show the idea of monarchy is in decline.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Matte, why should there be such a hoo-haa about a fence?

The couple and their staff will need a fence, especially when children come along.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Matte, why should there be such a hoo-haa about a fence?

The couple and their staff will need a fence, especially when children come along.
Dont ask me, i only tried to translate the most important things. Sometimes i dont get Aftonbladet at all
Old 08-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

Did Hult actually pay for their honeymoon? Or did he just lend them the ressources he already has and regularly pays for like the airplane, its crew and the yacht and its crew? I think that the very rich and the royals share the need for a place and circumstances where they can relax undisturbed by the crowd and secure, they play in the same league. I would certainly let friends of mine use my holiday home for their honeymoon without thinking of it as a matter of money. If I owned such a place, which I don't...
Old 08-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

And talking of a benefit in it for Hult: I never heard of the man before, but now the name Bertil Hult means something for me. It was certainy excellent propaganda, done for free by the press, not by the royal couple.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
And talking of a benefit in it for Hult: I never heard of the man before, but now the name Bertil Hult means something for me. It was certainy excellent propaganda, done for free by the press, not by the royal couple.
And how do you know that it wasn't his goal for the begining with such an expensive gift???
This is the trap in my opinion
Old 08-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Read again,that should make it clear to you and your others that what i pointed at as nonsense is the perticular hulabaloo by that so-called republican paper.That was not only Nonsense but Libel and they should be out of business because of it.Freedom of speech is one thing but abuse has become the norm and I'll fight that.Always.

Thank god there's this self-made billionair and he has companies in Sweden,ofcourse,and employs people,if I were him I would buy that paper and kick 'm all out on the streets so fast they wouldn't know what hit them.The man has many companies,what if he would withdraw all of 'm from Sweden and point a fat finger at that paper?What would be left of it?Shreds.
I'm sorry but I think you like the Russian style. Putin closed a paper/journal because he didn't like what was writing in it. I lived in such a country, and I don't want to try this kind of life anymore. I say you think twice and be careful what you wish
Old 08-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
Did Hult actually pay for their honeymoon? Or did he just lend them the ressources he already has and regularly pays for like the airplane, its crew and the yacht and its crew? I think that the very rich and the royals share the need for a place and circumstances where they can relax undisturbed by the crowd and secure, they play in the same league. I would certainly let friends of mine use my holiday home for their honeymoon without thinking of it as a matter of money. If I owned such a place, which I don't...
How many other royals have been given the joy of using, for a short period, someone else's property? Do they all get pulled over the coals? Is it only the Swedish, or have the British, Dutch, Spanish, etc., never been give a chance to use someone else's property? If they have, was there an uproar in that country?
Old 08-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

Years ago there wasn't. Didn't Prince Charles and Diana stay on someone's yacht? I don't remember anyone making a fuss over that. It seems like today people make much a do about nothing.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMO, if a family friend (that happens to be rich), gives them a free lift and place to stay, so what. Is it really any of anyone else's business? People do it all the time. I just hope they had a wonderful time and this little mess doesn't get them down right after such a wonderful time in their life.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Years ago there wasn't. Didn't Prince Charles and Diana stay on someone's yacht? I don't remember anyone making a fuss over that. It seems like today people make much a do about nothing.
Yes, a rich friend of Prince Charles took them on a yacht for a cruise. I hope this is bothering the Crown Princess and Prince.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm sorry but I think you like the Russian style. Putin closed a paper/journal because he didn't like what was writing in it. I lived in such a country, and I don't want to try this kind of life anymore. I say you think twice and be careful what you wish
I understand where you come from saying this.This however,wasn't true but pure libel and they should be accounted for,yes.
It is a pure smear campaign by a paper and three fools,if anything had happened here in the same context,I would have gone
after them myself and not just dragged them to Court only.You bet.