The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 02:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
This couple is full of love....

Old 08-07-2010, 04:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy their home totally love this couple

eta: woohoo! to my 1,000th post!

Old 08-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Serene Highness

When are they moving into Haga, does anyone know?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know when their first official public engagement will take place as a couple? Thanks.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

I read somewhere 21st August.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Courtier

thank you, MoonShadow123
Old 08-07-2010, 05:54 AM
Aristocracy

First official public engagement of Daniel and Victoria: 21.08.2010
Attendance at celebrations to mark the 200th anniversary of the Royal Family's succession to the throne, Örebro Castle, Örebro
Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Nobility

”Kan handla om mutbrott” | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

The couples honeymoon could be bribes. Its estimated that their trip cost several millions and Hult payed it all. Since Hult payed its speculated it could be a case of bribing to get the royal court do to services for his company EF education.

Or it could be a friend helping a friend that wants to do something extra on her honeymoon
Old 08-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
”Kan handla om mutbrott” | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

The couples honeymoon could be bribes. Its estimated that their trip cost several millions and Hult payed it all. Since Hult payed its speculated it could be a case of bribing to get the royal court do to services for his company EF education.

Or it could be a friend helping a friend that wants to do something extra on her honeymoon
At the article Thorsten Cars, Doctor of Law and former chairman of the Institute of bribery, says that theoretically the Crown Princess could be guilty to a bribery. If the gift makes pr-benefits it could in principle be an act of bribery. But he can´t see that any prosecutor would pursue it further.

As long as the court doesn´t comment the trip, we don´t know who paid what...

About the honeymoon, at an article of Svensk Damtidning it was said that Victoria and Daniel stayed a few days at the Copacabana Palace hotel in Rio in Brazil before going to the USA.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by haga View Post
I hope I can post this here. From a party they had a Drottningholms Slott before the wedding, nice areal pictures and hey, who knew the royals like disco?!
As much as I liked seeing that, I think it's a complete invasion of their privacy, they wanted to have a private party with their friends and family and the press flies over with a helicopter to capture these intimate moments, I really feel bad for these royals they never can do anything without it getting out to the press. I actually feel guilty watching that. On the other hand the Royal court should of coordinated with Air Traffic Control to not allow any planes or helicopters over the grounds of Drottningholm to ensure their privacy.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Articles of the golf playing:
Prinzessin Victoria und Daniel: Golfen im strömenden Regen
Victoria ist zurück im Ehe-Glück! - International - Österreich / oe24.at
Old 08-09-2010, 03:30 AM
Nobility

I don't think this video includes any private scenes, only the entrance and the outside look of the palace and I don't think Royal Court can forbid the air traffic all over the Drottningholm, it would be too much. There are two sides of everything, some of the citizens may not support royals and this kind of behaviour may cause unwanted reactions. Victoria's wedding was huge for us royalists, but for others it was an ordinary day.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:32 AM
knoepfchen1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
On the other hand the Royal court should of coordinated with Air Traffic Control to not allow any planes or helicopters over the grounds of Drottningholm to ensure their privacy.
This is a very complicated operation. Arlanda is not far away from Drottningholm and you can't ban every airplane from flying over Drottningholm, only for a party. Just imagine what would happen if they ban flying over Drottningholm every time they have a private party there.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoepfchen1988 View Post
This is a very complicated operation. Arlanda is not far away from Drottningholm and you can't ban every airplane from flying over Drottningholm, only for a party. Just imagine what would happen if they ban flying over Drottningholm every time they have a private party there.
Well, Arlanda is further out from Drottningholm than Bromma airport that is just 5 km away. Dont the Pentagon in Washinton DC lay straight under one of the flightpaths of one runway for one of DCs airports?

Its possible to bann flights under the height of 1000 meters over the castle. The planes going into Arlanda can descend from over 2500 meters easy in the distance between Arlanda and Drottningholm. Bromma is another issue but dont have as much flights as Arlanda.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Aristocracy

We rarely see a picture of CP Victoria in shorts or swimsuit etc., and that's well-
That said, Great legs!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:24 AM
knoepfchen1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Well, Arlanda is further out from Drottningholm than Bromma airport that is just 5 km away. Dont the Pentagon in Washinton DC lay straight under one of the flightpaths of one runway for one of DCs airports?

Its possible to bann flights under the height of 1000 meters over the castle. The planes going into Arlanda can descend from over 2500 meters easy in the distance between Arlanda and Drottningholm. Bromma is another issue but dont have as much flights as Arlanda.
I just wanted to say, that there are many much airplanes that fly over this area.
Sure, it's possible to ban the flights but you can't ban them every time when they have a private party. That's a little bit too much.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Three individual persons have notified Victoria and Daniel of bribery because of using Hult´s yacht and planes during the honeymoon.
- We have received complaints and I will examine the case, said Gunnar Stetler, Director of the National Anti-Corruption Unit.
Victoria och Daniel anmälda för mutbrott - Bröllopet - Expressen
Google Translate

On the royal court it was never discussed whether it was appropriate that businessman Bertil Hult lent his yacht and plane to Victoria and Daniel.
- This was a purely personal trip, a wedding gift from an old friend of the royal family, says Ulrika Näsholm from the Information Division.
Claes Sandgren, professor at Stockholm University and chairman of the Institute of bribery, says that it is difficult to see that there may be a corruption.
- There are many indications saying that it is not. However, one can discuss whether it is appropriate or not, and there may be a conflict of interest.
Can it be that the Crown Princess went as an individual?
- The question is whether one could call it a private trip. Assuming that it is paid in order to influence and take advantage of then it is not private. But it also matters what kind of relationship they have with each other, people give gifts to their friends, said Sandgren.
Hovet: En present från en vän - Bröllopet - Expressen
Google Translate
Old 08-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Nobility

If Victoria or the king had payed for such a trip everyone would scream that the apanage was to high instead. Poor Victoria, in this case the only thing you could have done to win was to spend your honeymoon in the cottage that Daniels parents have or at Solliden for 6 weeks and hope that the papers dont see you.

When i told my coworkers about this on the coffebreak they said: For the love of god, why dont they leave them alone for a while and let them really enjoy married life.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bertil Hult is a close friend of the royal family.
The king awarded 2004 Bertil Hult with the finest royal medal, in twelfth the size of the band Seraphim. Every year Crown Princess Victoria hands out "Bertil Hult prize" for an elementary school who worked actively to prevent difficulties in reading and writing. The prize money is SEK 500 000.
Bertil Hult is a member of Motortorpedbåtsklubb where King Carl Gustaf is the chairman. Hult and Queen Silvia work in the so-called Mentor Foundation, which works with the UN anti-drug program against drugs and dependence around the world. Queen Silvia has been a godmother to one of the boats Hult had set up to race in the Whitbread Around the World.
Mannen bakom lyxyachten - Bröllopet - Expressen
Old 08-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy

Oh it was their honeymoon for God's sake! You can't get any private than that! Why can't people just leave them alone?