Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 4: May 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle

Heir Presumptive
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to part 4 of the current news and events relating to Crown Princess Victoria and her boyfriend, Daniel Westling.

The previous thread can be found here. Please also remember to follow TRF Posting Rules and Guidelines

Happy posting! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel

Daniel was invited to Solliden and among the nearest 20 friends to the family. King Carl Gustaf had allowed Daniel be among the other guests at the official party, but Daniel declined.

We don´t know if there will be a marriage in the future but I think we must give Daniel the same chanse as the commoner girls (Spain, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands etc.) have had when they married royals and had their title. It´s no scandals with Daniel and that´s not a matter of course among the girs (and ladies) who have been married into Royal familys.

Private dinner

mixer2002de said:
Maybe he declined cause it is over? :eek:

No, he was among the 20 most close friends at the dinner after the official party. Hes declined the official festival with Swedish broadcast TV and well known artists.

Me, myself, personally, think it was a well-considered decision. Imagine the way the international and Swedish scandal press would have been fantasizing about Daniel in the crowd at the consert!?

mixer2002de said:
well it would have just been perfect to get his gymn topic out of the media :p

That would not have been a dignified ceremony at CP Victorias birthday. Maybe just because Daniel do understand the differenses he is worthy being an Crownprincess consort? He makes a difference!

Karisma said:
Daniel was invited to Solliden and among the nearest 20 friends to the family. King Carl Gustaf had allowed Daniel be among the other guests at the official party, but Daniel declined.

We don´t know if there will be a marriage in the future but I think we must give Daniel the same chanse as the commoner girls (Spain, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands etc.) have had when they married royals and had their title. It´s no scandals with Daniel and that´s not a matter of course among the girs (and ladies) who have been married into Royal familys.

I have this feeling the couple is about to hit the wall soon after this. You just don't skip your girlfriend's birthday party just like that, I mean, since the last one he had 365 days to plan ahead.

Toledo said:
I have this feeling the couple is about to hit the wall soon after this. You just don't skip your girlfriend's birthday party just like that, I mean, since the last one he had 365 days to plan ahead.
but he didn´t! He was at Öland, just not at the official party at the sports field. He probably didn´t wanted to take the attention away from the birthday girl. Or have three zillions cameras taking photos of him :D

Yennie said:
but he didn´t! He was at Öland, just not at the official party at the sports field. He probably didn´t wanted to take the attention away from the birthday girl. Or have three zillions cameras taking photos of him :D

I go for the second :D
I don´t get the argument of ppl saying, that he could have taken the attention from the bday girl. Wouldn´t a woman in love be happy, when her partner is accepted and cheered?? Besides if I should be honest...I think Victoria is a bit torn about the party at Borgholm. It´s a perfect PR opportunity (in fact I think together with the Nobel pics, these are the pics even ppl get to see, who are not much into the Swedish Royal family or Sweden at all) and she is surely not a person, who seems to hate attention :rolleyes: ...but I can´t help...to me she also looks always quite embarrassed :eek: She seems to me, as if she would prefer the meeting with the ppl at Solliden in the afternoon...and of course the private birthday party in the evening...and the strawberry cake together with a birthday song in the morning (wonder, how they handle it, since Daniel is around...does he need to sleep in another room :rolleyes: )

As I understood it Daniel, Emma and Jonas were all invited to the private celebration of Victoria's birthday, but (of course) not to the public one since there are no officially announced engagements.

What goes for Daniel's behaviour in Båstad with journalists - he does the right thing. The worst thing would be a media craving sucker who blabbers to the press as they were his best friends.

Those of you who wonder why Daniel market his gym in Båstad; it's a well-known fact that all ''rich'' people, who normally party at Stureplan, they go to Båstad, Marstrand and Gotland in the summertime.

I just read in a paper Båstad triples it's size from 14.000 to some 40.000 people during July. Miles of beaches with golden sand.

If people don't like the Balance Axa gym I guess he just has to change the concept. Like any clever business man would do.

Toledo > Despight your scepticism, I am certain there will be a wedding within the next year. All the signs are there.

Daneborn said:
What goes for Daniel's behaviour in Båstad with journalists - he does the right thing. The worst thing would be a media craving sucker who blabbers to the press as they were his best friends.

I would agree if
a) He wouldn´t promote his gyms via interviews in DI or METRO
b) If he would stay and would have stayed friendly and wouldn´t carry this extreme cynical smile around...everytime he gets photographed. He seems to hate these press ppl. Well, who could blame him. Nyhlén and Co are simply a pain in the ass. But they belong to the whole circus. And if he doesn´t accept it, he will neither make points with the people, nor he will do the Swedish Monarchy a favour.

Toledo > Despight your scepticism, I am certain there will be a wedding within the next year. All the signs are there.

And how do you see this in connection with Victoria´s probably time-craving diplomacy course and the fact, that Daniel´s gym is still 1600 members away from it´s full capacity...and full potential of profit :confused:

Lena said:
I would agree if
a) He wouldn´t promote his gyms via interviews in DI or METRO
b) If he would stay and would have stayed friendly and wouldn´t carry this extreme cynical smile around...everytime he gets photographed. He seems to hate these press ppl. Well, who could blame him. Nyhlén and Co are simply a pain in the ass. But they belong to the whole circus. And if he doesn´t accept it, he will neither make points with the people, nor he will do the Swedish Monarchy a favour.

And how do you see this in connection with Victoria´s probably time-craving diplomacy course and the fact, that Daniel´s gym is still 1600 members away from it´s full capacity...and full potential of profit :confused:
there's a big difference how to take on the press before and after an engagement.

there's also a big difference how to handle ordinary papers and celebrity magazines.

i agree it's an extremely tricky and undesired position, to market his gym and keep quiet about a romance at the same time.

before an engagement is announced it can only be akward and there's really no text book how to handle it.

we can only speculate why Daniel's gym isn't successful. if clients feel they don't get value for their money they won't advertise it to friends and family.

or it could be the good old swedish law of jealousy. people (read: upper class, educated people with money on Östermalm) simply don't want this (in their eyes) plain, uneducated, unacademic guy to have success.

Daneborn said:
or it could be the good old swedish law of jealousy. people (read: upper class, educated people with money on Östermalm) simply don't want this (in their eyes) plain, uneducated, unacademic guy to have success.

Yes, the Swedish jealousy...an quite interesting phenomenon, if you ask me. It was quite funny to see, how the opinions towards Daniel in the Swedish forums changed, as soon as he had dropped the trucker look and changed to "Östermalmsk style". Suddenly he wasn´t anymore one out of their middle, but one of "them, up there" and for the ppl up there, he probably always will stay one from "down there" :rolleyes:

My guess is and was that the market is simply saturated. Why should every person in Östermalm want to work out in a gym?? Daniel said in an interview, that only 10% of all Swedes go regularly into gyms and that this means a lot of potential. I disagree, because I think it´s something you really have to like (being watched and compared etc.) and there are so many other possibilities for doing sports. And even though money is surely not a problem in Östermalm, I could easily imagine, that not everyone is keen to pay so much money and to train in such an "hip" ambience, where you seem maybe like the "chubby wrong thing" in the picture. Some ppl surely WANT to be seen and want to have contact with other members, but I guess a certain group just wants to get a good and hot look for other activities (clubs, restaurants, vacation) and why should one then prefer to work out with a high red face in a sweaty gym, while one can also undergo this pain in a more relaxed and cheaper surrounding...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well I think in the face she resembles Madeline alittle bit.

This past Saturday Daniel Westling (looking absolutely hideous, and his friend even worse) celebrated yet another friend's wedding by attending the groom's bachelor party. The wedding was in Örebro.

Richard Ström via Expressen

Daniel was at a friends bachelor party in Örebro this weekend. They went to the club "Strömpis" and sat in the VIP area.
They asked me to arrange a nice evening, said Tony Fransson, cheif at the night club

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=645392

haha, you beat me by three minutes GrandDuchess:p

Daniel smiling at the photographer, thats a sight we´re not used to see... seems like he is getting used to the attention. To bad we dont see him and Victoria together anymore.... but that might change soon, who knows :)

Last edited:
Yennie said:
Daniel smiling at the photographer, thats a sight we´re not used to see... seems like he is getting used to the attention.
he was drunk and thought the picture was part of a video / photo book made for the couple.

just my suggestion :wacko:

Charming :sick: Well he looks quite dressed up next to the fellow in his "helsetrøye"
Is it me or does it seem to be a bride in the background as well?
Richard Strøm foto
If I worked for the german tabloids now I could write a master piece on how he is finally happy because he has gottne married in secret:angel:

What kind of bachelor party do you go to that you "want" to wear a "mesh tank top" And cut off jean shorts? :ROFLMAO: :sick: :shock: :ROFLMAO:

Larzen said:
Is it me or does it seem to be a bride in the background as well?
Yes Larzen. That is a bride in the pic. She is leaning over to the left and has on a veil. Kind of odd to have a bride at a bachelor party? Maybe she was a dancer dressed up as the bride? Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
GrandDuchess said:
This past Saturday Daniel Westling (looking absolutely hideous, and his friend even worse) celebrated yet another friend's wedding by attending the groom's bachelor party. The wedding was in Örebro.
You know, I'm just glad that Daniel didn't choose to wear what his friend is wearing. It all places his own choice in a broader perspective... :angel:
What's up with all these weddings he's been visiting lately btw, maybe he is doing some field research?! :lol:

"Stag party"

sesa said:
What kind of bachelor party do you go to that you "want" to wear a "mesh tank top" And cut off jean shorts? :ROFLMAO: :sick: :shock: :ROFLMAO:

It´s a sort of "Stag party" called "Svensexa". One often have some sort of "fancy-dress ball" and exaggerate quit a bit. Compare it with a "hen party" - "möhippa".

sesa said:

Your comment makes me laugh sesa! :lol: It's like a Halloween party where you went dressed up from the eighties!

Is the friend the groom to be? Is it his last attempt to dress himself before his bride dresses him (for the better) one hopes. ... At least he won't be wearing this to the wedding!

Alexandria said:
Your comment makes me laugh sesa! :lol: It's like a Halloween party where you went dressed up from the eighties!

Is the friend the groom to be? Is it his last attempt to dress himself before his bride dresses him (for the better) one hopes. ... At least he won't be wearing this to the wedding!
I´m no expert on bachelor parties but I know that möhippor/ hen parties often involves silly costumes and that the bride has to do something embarassing. So perhaps thats why he is wearing that :)

Larzen said:
"helsetrøye"
:ROFLMAO:

Apart from the clothes I think the guy looks like a dish, I'm not sure I would wanna marry him though :ermm:

Yennie, yes it's common to dress people up like babies or hookers and force them to go down the streets.

Daneborn said:
Yennie, yes it's common to dress people up like babies or hookers and force them to go down the streets.

I can already picture it...Daniel forced to wear Madeleine´s red nobel dress (aka THE nobel dress) at his bachelor party :rolleyes:

Oh btw...is it just me or has Daniel many "best friends"...at the last wedding (with Victoria´s attendance) he was best man, at this bachelor party he sat directly next to the (future) groom...many best friends or the light of Daniel´s fame shines so bright, that everyone wanna get a bit (?) :ermm:

Lena said:
Had Aftonbladet´s paper edition yesterday or today maybe pics of Victoria and Daniel on sicily (???)
http://www.tv4.se/kandis/481767.html
What a truely bitchy article from Nyhen:lol: I guess he is just angry he did not get the exclusive himself:rolleyes:
My translation of the part about Victoria and Daniel
CP Victoria and her boyfriend Daniel Westling has been on a romantic vacation to Sicily, they stayed at a luxury hotel -but ofcourse- and according to the court presswoman Nina Eldh, they had a wonderful vacation. Hurra for Nina Eldh who breakes the courts ancient tradition not to comment on Victorias private life. Hurrah, Hurrah

Anyway, it is aftonbladet who have bought the storie illustrated by very shady pictures of Daniel and Victoria...ja eh... you dont really see what they do and if it is Victoria, it could be Kikki Danielsson* with a cap, imagine the romance Daniel Westling and Kikki Danilesson

anyhow, the nicest picture shows Westling without a shirt, its the first half-nude picture of the personal trainer and here we can see he has alot of muscles. But. I say. A good idea Daniel, would be to put some more work into the shoulder area, because then the luxury suits will fit you better.

Daniel and Victoria prefers to go on vacation alone without their friends, they keep their destinations strictly private, and there are few who knows where and when they are going, the reason is they are afraid someone will tell the press. A favourite destination is USA and last summer it was San Fransisco. Then Daniel and Victoria went to the movies on midsummers eve!! Sounds like fun, no?

*Kikki Danielsson, Swedish eurovision singer struggeling with weight and alcohol problems
http://images.google.se/images?hl=no&q=Kikki%20danielsson&sa=N&tab=wi

Last edited:
Yes Victoria and Daniel were on holiday on Sicily last week. Today Aftonbladet has a article about the trip.
They stayed in Palermo at the five-star hotel Villa Igiea together with Victorias best friend Caroline and her husband Peder. The couples relaxed in the sun and played golf and tennis together.
When in Sweden they are very discret but when abroad the couple shows their feelings for eachother. Wearing bikini and shorts they huged and kissed eachother.
But now the holiday are over. Yesterday Victoria went to the inauguration of friidrotts/ athletics EM in Gothenburg

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,868650,00.html
photo by alloverpress via Aftonbladet

Attachments

• hfghf.JPG
    hfghf.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 18,723
  • hotel2.JPG
    hotel2.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 678
  • hotel4.JPG
    hotel4.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 833
  • hoterl5.JPG
    hoterl5.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 5,140
  • hotel.JPG
    hotel.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
Wow, miracles do happen :rolleyes: The press doesn't always have eyes in their necks when it comes to the Swedish royals on holiday :)

Good to finally get some vacation pics, even if all except one were of lousy quality. And no pictures of Peder and Caroline Dinkelspiel, I would've loved to see them again! They are expecting their first child, so Victoria will probably become godmother again in a few months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom