Children for Victoria and Daniel?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Swedish "Ewa" is pronounced Ewa....;) the "E" sounds like the "e" in "elephant" or "end" ... and I guess thats what you try to say here :)... (but in Swedish Ava is pronounced with an "A" sounding like the "a" in "Silvia" :lol:)

Weird. Then the commentators for the Royal Wedding were pronouncing it incorrectly because I swear, I heard them pronounce it like 'Ava'

I would pronounce "Ewa": "E" Like in "End", "W" and "A" like in "Ava". But "Eva" i would pronounce E-F-A (E like in "end")
Here you can hear how "Eva" is pronounced in Swedish. Aussprache von Eva: Wie man Eva auf Kroatisch, Deutsch, Englisch, Tschechisch, Spanisch, Niederländisch, Portugiesisch, Schwedisch, Norwegisch, Italienisch, Estnisch ausspricht (I pronouce "Ewa" like the Norwegian guy, who says Eva in the link)

I think Victoria and Daniel will have their first child in November/December 2011. Just about a year for Daniel to get used to his new role.

My guess for a name is:
Lovisa Margareta Ewa Silvia
or
Gustaf Fredrik Oscar Olle

These names are possible to me:
Girls:
Desiree
Josephine/Josefina
Sophia/Sofia (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Louise/Lovisa (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Eugenie (possible middle name)
Marie
Victoria (possible middle name)
Margreta
Birgitta (possible middle name)
Ingeborg (possible middle name)
Alice (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Sibylla (possible middle name)
Christina/Kristina (possible middle name)
Ulrika (possible middle name)
Ewa (possible middle name)
Anna (possible middle name)
Siliva (possible middle name)

A boy could be named:
Oscar (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Carl
Johan
Ludvig (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Eugen
Vilhelm/Wilhelm
Frederik/Fredrik
Gustaf/Gustav (fashionable, very possible for first name )
August
Erik (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Olaf
Sigvard
Bertil
Folke
Hubertus
Olle

For sure ther won't be an Adolf/ph. That would be cruel to the kid and would put the royal family in a bad and strange light.

A child will not be named: (because these are names of godchildren or nephews)
Amalia
Eleonore
Ingrid (at least for first name)
Christian
Constantin
Alexios/Alexandra
Leopold
Diana
Ian
Madeleine
Vivien
Guilia
Isabella

We're guessing names and she isn't even pregnant yet.

I hope they don't go for fashion, or we'll end up with Crownprince Kevin...

What really surprises me is that names like Daniel, David or Joshua haven't been royal names except in the Bible. With the exception of CP Victoria's husband, I can't think of any male royal who had the name Daniel, David or Joshua. Wouldn't it be interesting to find out why? These names sound royal.

[...] I can't think of any male royal who had the name Daniel, David or Joshua. Wouldn't it be interesting to find out why? These names sound royal.

You're right.
The Duke of Windsor, the former Edward VIII of England was known as "David" to his family and friends, but he ascended the throne as "Edward".
Full name according to Wikipedia was "Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David"

Ludvig is good, Charlotte!

In 20 years the boy could look like our King Ludwig II. :castle3:

What really surprises me is that names like Daniel, David or Joshua haven't been royal names except in the Bible. With the exception of CP Victoria's husband, I can't think of any male royal who had the name Daniel, David or Joshua. Wouldn't it be interesting to find out why? These names sound royal.

They sound too Jewish for a Christian nation. I am Jewish and Israeli and names like David, Joshua or Abraham are never given to royal babies. Only perhaps as 3rd or 4th name, or in the case of Daniel, when the one who weds into the royal family has such a name. Can you imagine, a King David for a western country. King David was the famous king of Israel. No country wants to be associated with that today.

They sound too Jewish for a Christian nation. I am Jewish and Israeli and names like David, Joshua or Abraham are never given to royal babies. Only perhaps as 3rd or 4th name, or in the case of Daniel, when the one who weds into the royal family has such a name. Can you imagine, a King David for a western country. King David was the famous king of Israel. No country wants to be associated with that today.
I don't think there will be a King David in Sweden in the future. I think they will use more traditional names - at least for the heir. But a third or 4th child could be named David, Daniel, Elias...with middle name.
Abraham, Salomon and Adam are only the person in the bible to me. But Elias, Noah, Aaron, David, Daniel, Jonas/Jona, Joshua are very fashionable in Germany.

This are the names, which are popular in Sweden at the moment:
Girls: Girls' names 2009
Boys: Boys' names 2009
(Ludvig is at No 22 in 2009, by the way)

There were a few kings named David in Scotland

I think that the Crown Princess must have the best of medical advice and care - and were there really reasons to believe that children would not be possible their comments about children would be more low key. Since they are clearly optimistic I think they must have sound reason for feeling so. I hope so for their sakes.

That said I think they will not postpone anything. They are well-acquainted and Victoria's age is not a minor matter - the child will come when it comes without attempting a delay. Its the wisest path - so its most likely Victoria will have her child sometime from May 2011 onwards. If she does not have her child sometime between mid 2011 to the end of 2012, then it is questionable if she will have children, I think, and the succession would pass (after her) to her brother and then his children when and if they are born.

That's what I think. :flowers:

That said I think they will not postpone anything. They are well-acquainted and Victoria's age is not a minor matter - the child will come when it comes without attempting a delay.

Victoria's only 33 and purely for the sake of succession, they only need to have one child so they have a few years yet, though I hope they'll have several children. Her mother and a few of the other Crown Princesses have had a child in their mid and late 30s.

However, for insurance, I hope her siblings do get married in the next 5 years or so!

Knowing the affection Victoria has for her great aunt, plus the apparent closeness Daniel feels to her great uncle (he hugged him twice - once after the landing and procession up into the castle and second when he passed him at the head table during the banquet), I wouldn't be surprised if the first male child would be Prince Carl Johan and the first female child Princess Lilian or Lillian (the original spelling and to distinquish from the incumbent), especially if either of them should pass on near during the pregnancy.

Plus, Carl John would reinforce the Bernadotte tradition as well as honoring Victoria's father and brother with the "Carl" part.

^But she also didn't drink any wine during the dinner. What other reason would there be than pregnancy? ;)

I have read in the danish magazine "Her&Nu" that CPss Victoria to the question about children answered: "We hope to soon become that happy" (In danish: Vi håber,vi snart skal være så lykkelige") I hope, I got the translation right :)

^But she also didn't drink any wine during the dinner. What other reason would there be than pregnancy? ;)

She didn't want to drink wine?

Speculation is unneccesary when nothing has been announced.

Lumutqueen said:
She didn't want to drink wine?

Speculation is unneccesary when nothing has been announced.

Agreed- especially since an early source said she drank a few sips champagne

I have feeling that Victoria & Daniel will have a child in the end of next year. Most likely girl.;):) BTW in all pics W & D appear so happy, and Victoria has this special smile sometimes that it seems that she is expecting.:p

Last edited:
Like a said, no reason to speculate when there hasn't been an announcement.
If there was an announcement people/newspapers would not speculate. Since they are newly married and several times expressed their wish to start a family rather sooner then later, when something like this happens (empire dress, refused wine when being offered, spokesman not commenting) it's only natural that people start to speculate.

but the dress was gathered from the bust line down which will give the pregnant look anyway. I would wait for an announcement but I do honestly hope for an announcement soon.

I have a feeling Victoria & Daniel will have 3 kids.

Since Nina Eldh perhaps had the weekend off after Nobel maybe the announcement was to come tomorrow(i say MAYBE), but after this weekends events i guess they postpone it

Can we please keep the pregnancy speculations to a minimum. Remember one of the TRF rules:
I received a message from a moderator saying that my post had been removed because it contained speculation. We don't know the royals and we get all our information second hand, so isn't it all speculation?

Our rule about speculation is intended to prevent tabloid-type flights of fancy which often slip into outright fantasy and sometimes even libel. While we realise that much of the information posted in the threads is based on reports in the media which we can't verify, we expect posters to base their statements on published reports rather than on wishful thinking or unsubstantiated hearsay. The forum moderators have the final say about whether posts are unacceptably speculative. Disagreements with moderator decisions must take place via private message, not by arguing in the threads and certainly not by reposting deleted material.

So until we have an announcement of Victoria's pregnancy from the court, she is not pregnant.

Wonderful dress and tiara, she looks very nice

i would love to see daniel hugging his baby, that would be priceless.
on my personal opinion, they are the first royals that i want them to have 2 kids, dont know why, but a boy and a girl of course. but i think they will end up having 3:)

about names, erik and johan for a boy, and lillian(lilian) and alice for a girl:flowers:

and about the due date, maybe later 2011 or the begining of 2012. i still hope they can enjoy their life as a couple before starting a family. despise being the heir, she just got married and she must enjoy that until they feel ready to have a baby

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom