Children for Victoria and Daniel?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria will be the only female queen. So Angela, dont scare! :)

After Victorias generation there are highly probable Queen Ingrid of Norway, Queen Amalia of the Netherlands, if Letizia has no other children Queen Leonor of Spain, Queen Elisabeth of Belgium (again a Elisabeth:flowers:).

Besides them King William of Great-Britain (the eldest of them:D) and King Christian of Denmark. Did I forget someone?

It´s quite nice. So many Queens! And IMO the current Queens are not that bad! ;)

Ironic then, that you are posting on a board for CP Victoria, a woman whose position is exactly what you disdain. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I just think this is an odd place to mention it.:whistling:

Why? I guess she has nothing against her personally. And a birth by this Victoria would be a "new" chance ;)

I am for equal primogeniture (alone for the symbol it is for the job market), but I can also understand everyone, who is against it.
Monarchy is actually an anachronism, it has nothing to do with "All human beings are equal. And should have the same chances" (something we usually try to achieve)
So why should this aspect (sex of the heir) suddenly play a role in a concept, that is otherwise based on an outdated model.
The same goes for commoners as prince(sse)s
In other words if someone says "either the full package or nothing", I can understand it, even though I am holding an other opinion.

Further I am still doubtful the "prince consort" job is connected to happiness and personal satisfaction.
But I hope Daniel and the husbands of Amalia, Elisabeth, Leonor and Ingrid Alexandra will prove me wrong. :cool:

I think Beatrix husband was the only one who wasn´t so like Hendrik. Or didn´t you hear something about that Claus runs away, because his son is now the Nr. 2 of the country??
Of course, he was depressive, because he wanted to do something important. But at the end he was popular and beloved.

We hope all that Daniel will fill his job with more dignity. :flowers: And yes. It´s time for changing the title from Prince consort to King consort. But I hope after Hendrik, because he is a whiner.

Yes, Henrik is male diva, but not really unhappy (me thinks), very nsync with the Queen, if it comes to party and attention.
And dignity or not, I think he is also popular, just in a very twisted way, the Danes are probably self not always understanding ;)

In response to Princess Aurora, I don't hold Princess Victoria in disdain at all. I would simply have preferred it if Carl-Phillip had remained heir to the throne.

I didn't say you disdained HER. I said you disdain the position which she now holds being hers instead of her brothers.
Anywaaaaay... back on topic... *:)*

I have watched the speach given by Olle Westling and after the speach Victora hugs him. THEN i got the impression of the following: She said something to him that made him stir a bit, then i think he said Är du? (you are?) and then the second hug. I translated that into that she alread was pregnant. But back to the issue of the name.

Lowest odds are Carl or Gustav, but there is also pretty low odds on Oscar(we had 2 kings named Oscar) and Erik. Olof will not play well with many in the people that had a grudge against Olof Palme.

If its a girl then everything is up in the air since there is so many queennames in the swedish history but only 2 ruling queens.

If Victoria was she would be "showing" something by now?

By next Christmas Daniel and Victoria will be celebrating December 25th with baby daughter Princess Christina. ;) :whistling:

Just curious as to how Queen Christina is viewed, historically, by Swedes.

Well Christina is a nicer name than Ulrika in my opinion (but then I'm not Swedish so I probably have a different 'taste' in names) although Eleonora would be ok. If it's a boy I think it'd be nice if they name him after the King. We'll have to wait and see I guess they might surprise us completely.

If Victoria was she would be "showing" something by now?

By next Christmas Daniel and Victoria will be celebrating December 25th with baby daughter Princess Christina. ;) :whistling:
If she already was pregnant at the time of their wedding, it will be visible once they come back in August. So no hiding then. :cool:

I hope they'll spell the name Kristina, if they ever decide to use it. But my bet is on Christmas with little Prince Oscar. :whistling:

I wish their first baby - and heir to the throne - is a girl, so Sweden we'll have one more queen regnant (maybe a second Christina or Victoria). But I have the feeling is going to be a boy.

So do I, I hope for a girl called Desiree.

Like a () between Gustav II Adolf and Charles X Gustav. She really didnt leave that big mark other than the fact that she abdicated.

Is Princess Victoria going to be a mother?

:ohmy:Most women when they are pregnant get motion sickness at the early stage of pregnancy, if Victoria was pregnant on her wedding day depending on (months of pregnancy) she would have :previous:fainted at the ALTER standing so long and ridding in the CARRIAGE and the BOAT on the RIVER. No doubt she will return from her honeymoon a mother to be.

Queen Christins is one of out most illustrious and fascinating female royals. She was precocious and a very unusual women for the timeperiod she lived in. She was highly educated and spoke several languages fluently including italian even prior to visiting the country. She became queen at age 6 when her father died but did not join the government until she had turned 18. There are some great books written about her and they are well worth reading. She eventually abdicated and converted to catholicism and became very influential in Rome where she lived when she died.

I doubt a future king could ever be named Adolf after WW II.

I doubt a future king could ever be named Adolf after WW II.
Adolf is an old royal name and besides the german dictator is mostly referred to by his last name. So no connotation to him when one hears Adolf.

:previous:
I hate to disagree but if someone says Adolf, the first name that comes to mind is Hitler and the second name is Eichmann.

The only other Adolphe would be the late actor Menjou.

:ohmy:Most women when they are pregnant get motion sickness at the early stage of pregnancy, if Victoria was pregnant on her wedding day depending on (months of pregnancy) she would have :previous:fainted at the ALTER standing so long and ridding in the CARRIAGE and the BOAT on the RIVER. No doubt she will return from her honeymoon a mother to be.

Well, she is trained and have the looks of Xena, warriorprincess. Maybe Daniel is Zeus under his clothes and not superman:)

I find it strange that we havent heard a beep from eitherone of them in the news since they had the interwiew in Aftonbladet in the begining of July and their greeting on Victorias birthday. Victorias parents came back after a month.

Well, she is trained and have the looks of Xena, warriorprincess. Maybe Daniel is Zeus under his clothes and not superman:)

I find it strange that we havent heard a beep from eitherone of them in the news since they had the interwiew in Aftonbladet in the begining of July and their greeting on Victorias birthday. Victorias parents came back after a month.

Me not. They got control over Aftonbladet and Expressen with deals (interviews) and this is the alpha and the omega in the fight for privacy. ;)
However now as Sofia is leading through cucumber season, I am wishing them back.

Me not. They got control over Aftonbladet and Expressen with deals (interviews) and this is the alpha and the omega in the fight for privacy. ;)
However now as Sofia is leading through cucumber season, I am wishing them back.

I was going to edit my post because i got guests but i saw you already replied.

Maybe its Carl-Philip who has decided to act nice to his sister and taken all the heat and press.

Meanwhile the loving couple has changed airplane and landed a small airplane anywere in Sweden and are now hiding in a undisclosed location(Ockelbo is currently crowded with tourists). If Victoria isnt visible pregnant on August 20 when they have the Bernadottefeast they will hold off anouncing anything until September 20 to avoid disrupting the general election.

Are they really back, or did you mean that as a joke to keep us awake?
:):)

When I hear Adolf, Aldolf Ogi comes to me mind first. He is a well loved Swiss ex-Bundesrat (Member of the Gouvernement). Here it is just a name that is more used in the alpine regions, a bit old fashioned but traditional.

A name for Princess Victoria's and Prince Daniel future heir

After the second world war the name Aldolf:ohmy: represents evil how sad though it was a very popular name given to German men and the Royal Families of Europe who are the descendant of Germans. Eventhough that name was given to Princes of Sweden in the past, it will be a very touchy subject to name Victoria's child with that name since recently it was alleged that Queen Sylvia's father was a Nazi. This is a decision both Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel will make. They are intelligent people. The younger generation sees things in a different perspective. The people of Sweden should be given careful consideration if the subject of the name :bang:Adolf arises, after all it is only a name.

Its more likely that their boy will be named Bojan, than Adolf(and the joke goes over 99% of the boards head) since he is black army just like Daniel

Its more likely that their boy will be named Bojan, than Adolf(and the joke goes over 99% of the boards head) since he is black army just like Daniel

LOL..indeed...I have no idea what you mean ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom