The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Nobility

I hate to disagree but if someone says Adolf, the first name that comes to mind is Hitler and the second name is Eichmann.

The only other Adolphe would be the late actor Menjou.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
Most women when they are pregnant get motion sickness at the early stage of pregnancy, if Victoria was pregnant on her wedding day depending on (months of pregnancy) she would have fainted at the ALTER standing so long and ridding in the CARRIAGE and the BOAT on the RIVER. No doubt she will return from her honeymoon a mother to be.
Well, she is trained and have the looks of Xena, warriorprincess. Maybe Daniel is Zeus under his clothes and not superman:)

I find it strange that we havent heard a beep from eitherone of them in the news since they had the interwiew in Aftonbladet in the begining of July and their greeting on Victorias birthday. Victorias parents came back after a month.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Well, she is trained and have the looks of Xena, warriorprincess. Maybe Daniel is Zeus under his clothes and not superman:)

I find it strange that we havent heard a beep from eitherone of them in the news since they had the interwiew in Aftonbladet in the begining of July and their greeting on Victorias birthday. Victorias parents came back after a month.
Me not. They got control over Aftonbladet and Expressen with deals (interviews) and this is the alpha and the omega in the fight for privacy.
However now as Sofia is leading through cucumber season, I am wishing them back.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Me not. They got control over Aftonbladet and Expressen with deals (interviews) and this is the alpha and the omega in the fight for privacy.
However now as Sofia is leading through cucumber season, I am wishing them back.
I was going to edit my post because i got guests but i saw you already replied.

Maybe its Carl-Philip who has decided to act nice to his sister and taken all the heat and press.

Meanwhile the loving couple has changed airplane and landed a small airplane anywere in Sweden and are now hiding in a undisclosed location(Ockelbo is currently crowded with tourists). If Victoria isnt visible pregnant on August 20 when they have the Bernadottefeast they will hold off anouncing anything until September 20 to avoid disrupting the general election.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

Are they really back, or did you mean that as a joke to keep us awake?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

When I hear Adolf, Aldolf Ogi comes to me mind first. He is a well loved Swiss ex-Bundesrat (Member of the Gouvernement). Here it is just a name that is more used in the alpine regions, a bit old fashioned but traditional.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

A name for Princess Victoria's and Prince Daniel future heir

After the second world war the name Aldolf represents evil how sad though it was a very popular name given to German men and the Royal Families of Europe who are the descendant of Germans. Eventhough that name was given to Princes of Sweden in the past, it will be a very touchy subject to name Victoria's child with that name since recently it was alleged that Queen Sylvia's father was a Nazi. This is a decision both Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel will make. They are intelligent people. The younger generation sees things in a different perspective. The people of Sweden should be given careful consideration if the subject of the name Adolf arises, after all it is only a name.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Nobility

Its more likely that their boy will be named Bojan, than Adolf(and the joke goes over 99% of the boards head) since he is black army just like Daniel
Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Its more likely that their boy will be named Bojan, than Adolf(and the joke goes over 99% of the boards head) since he is black army just like Daniel
LOL..indeed...I have no idea what you mean
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisheva View Post
LOL..indeed...I have no idea what you mean
Bojan Djordic, player for AIK, the team Daniel is a diehardfan of, Victoria is supporting them because of her hubby does that:)
Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Nobility

If you are heir to the throne, general rules and recommendations are rather different. I think Victoria will wish/need to have her children as soon as possible if she is going to be able to give them all the personal attention she might want to. A Crown Princess is very busy with public duties, but it is nothing to the work load and obligations of a Monarch.

Queen Elizabeth II came to the throne when she was only 25. Prince Charles was only 3 and Anne one and a half when she acceeded and they did not see so much of their mother after that. I believe it was also the case with Margarete II of Denmark and her sons.

Therefore, it will be wise for Victoria and Daniel to have children as soon as possible. They have, of course, known each other for some 7 years or so, and Victoria has been a CP almost all her life and knows the ups and down and ins and outs of that already. Although King Carl Gustav is quite young and the Swedes life expectancy is high, you just never know when a bad accident or illness will come.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

Oh, in this case I think Bojan is a real option! They seem to have a very popular taste, considering the song at the end of the wedding ceremony!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
Oh, in this case I think Bojan is a real option! They seem to have a very popular taste, considering the song at the end of the wedding ceremony!
Victoria said at an interview before the wedding, that she likes to keep up with the traditions, e.g. in her wedding bouquet and other things regarding the wedding.
According to Jörgen Elofsson, who made the song, Daniel ordered the song, he wanted to tell with the song about his love to Victoria. Elofsson performed it to Victoria and Daniel last October. They liked it and decided that they would have it at their wedding.
Btw. King Carl Gustaf supports also AIK.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
I myself did not like the song. I did not like the voice of the male singer. The text was very appropriate, knowing Daniel's ideas were put in it, but I rather had the Love song (Karleksvisan) by Sarah Dawn Filer, from the night before, during the church ceremony. I do love the Vilar glad i din famn, that is really a beautiful story and it was obvious the couple both had problems holding back their tears.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Aristocracy

Vilar glad i din famn is a wonderful song! The other one is ok as well, but it surprised me in such a traditional setting. One would have expected something by Händel another classical composer, but it seems to be allright to be more popular in sweden, and why not? It would not have been my choice though.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Nobility

I'm just taking a guess here, but names for their first child:

Girl:
Kristina Alice Silvia Ava Ingrid

Boy:
Carl Gustaf Daniel Johan Olle
Old 08-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

I have always liked the name Daniel. If the royal couple had a son, this would be a nice first name. It sounds royal.

Since male heirs to the throne have named their sons after them, why couldn't a female heir to a throne name her daughter after her. Victoria Silva sounds nice.

Whenever I hear the name Adolph, I think of Adolph Hilter. I grew up near a naval base that had a lot of World War II veterans living nearby. Many of my classmates had fathers that fought against Adolph Hilter in Europe. Two family members of mine also did. World War II was talked about a lot as it was in American History classes.
Because of what Adolph Hilter did, the name Adolph will always be seen in a negative light. I take it Adolph was not a common name. I hope that I haven't offended anyone by saying this (this was not my intention), but this is my opinion of that name.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
I'm just taking a guess here, but names for their first child:

Girl:
Kristina Alice Silvia Ava Ingrid

Boy:
Carl Gustaf Daniel Johan Olle
I think it's tradition in the Swedish Royal family to have 4 names so that may be one too many? I think Bertil may be a potential name for a son, firstborn or not.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:30 AM
Nobility

Is it? The King's father had six names, as did his grandfather Gustaf VI.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Serene Highness

Oh, really? I'm sure I heard that somewhere...

Closed Thread