The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness

Victoria will be the only female queen. So Angela, dont scare! :)

After Victorias generation there are highly probable Queen Ingrid of Norway, Queen Amalia of the Netherlands, if Letizia has no other children Queen Leonor of Spain, Queen Elisabeth of Belgium (again a Elisabeth).

Besides them King William of Great-Britain (the eldest of them) and King Christian of Denmark. Did I forget someone?

It´s quite nice. So many Queens! And IMO the current Queens are not that bad!

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora View Post
Ironic then, that you are posting on a board for CP Victoria, a woman whose position is exactly what you disdain. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I just think this is an odd place to mention it.
Why? I guess she has nothing against her personally. And a birth by this Victoria would be a "new" chance

I am for equal primogeniture (alone for the symbol it is for the job market), but I can also understand everyone, who is against it.
Monarchy is actually an anachronism, it has nothing to do with "All human beings are equal. And should have the same chances" (something we usually try to achieve)
So why should this aspect (sex of the heir) suddenly play a role in a concept, that is otherwise based on an outdated model.
The same goes for commoners as prince(sse)s
In other words if someone says "either the full package or nothing", I can understand it, even though I am holding an other opinion.

Further I am still doubtful the "prince consort" job is connected to happiness and personal satisfaction.
But I hope Daniel and the husbands of Amalia, Elisabeth, Leonor and Ingrid Alexandra will prove me wrong.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

I think Beatrix husband was the only one who wasn´t so like Hendrik. Or didn´t you hear something about that Claus runs away, because his son is now the Nr. 2 of the country??
Of course, he was depressive, because he wanted to do something important. But at the end he was popular and beloved.

We hope all that Daniel will fill his job with more dignity. And yes. It´s time for changing the title from Prince consort to King consort. But I hope after Hendrik, because he is a whiner.

Christopher Lee
Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, Henrik is male diva, but not really unhappy (me thinks), very nsync with the Queen, if it comes to party and attention.
And dignity or not, I think he is also popular, just in a very twisted way, the Danes are probably self not always understanding
Old 07-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

In response to Princess Aurora, I don't hold Princess Victoria in disdain at all. I would simply have preferred it if Carl-Phillip had remained heir to the throne.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

Its just fair that the eldest child is the heir.

Christopher Lee
Old 07-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Gentry

I didn't say you disdained HER. I said you disdain the position which she now holds being hers instead of her brothers.
Anywaaaaay... back on topic... *:)*
Old 07-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
I have watched the speach given by Olle Westling and after the speach Victora hugs him. THEN i got the impression of the following: She said something to him that made him stir a bit, then i think he said Är du? (you are?) and then the second hug. I translated that into that she alread was pregnant. But back to the issue of the name.

Lowest odds are Carl or Gustav, but there is also pretty low odds on Oscar(we had 2 kings named Oscar) and Erik. Olof will not play well with many in the people that had a grudge against Olof Palme.

If its a girl then everything is up in the air since there is so many queennames in the swedish history but only 2 ruling queens.
If Victoria was she would be "showing" something by now?

By next Christmas Daniel and Victoria will be celebrating December 25th with baby daughter Princess Christina.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Commoner

Just curious as to how Queen Christina is viewed, historically, by Swedes.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness

Well Christina is a nicer name than Ulrika in my opinion (but then I'm not Swedish so I probably have a different 'taste' in names) although Eleonora would be ok. If it's a boy I think it'd be nice if they name him after the King. We'll have to wait and see I guess they might surprise us completely.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals-royce View Post
If Victoria was she would be "showing" something by now?

By next Christmas Daniel and Victoria will be celebrating December 25th with baby daughter Princess Christina.
If she already was pregnant at the time of their wedding, it will be visible once they come back in August. So no hiding then.

I hope they'll spell the name Kristina, if they ever decide to use it. But my bet is on Christmas with little Prince Oscar.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:09 AM
Nobility

I wish their first baby - and heir to the throne - is a girl, so Sweden we'll have one more queen regnant (maybe a second Christina or Victoria). But I have the feeling is going to be a boy.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

So do I, I hope for a girl called Desiree.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Aristocracy

Revue - «Die Kronprinzessin liebt Kinder!»
Old 07-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
Like a () between Gustav II Adolf and Charles X Gustav. She really didnt leave that big mark other than the fact that she abdicated.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

I doubt that we will be seeing an Adolf soon.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Aristocracy

Is Princess Victoria going to be a mother?

Most women when they are pregnant get motion sickness at the early stage of pregnancy, if Victoria was pregnant on her wedding day depending on (months of pregnancy) she would have fainted at the ALTER standing so long and ridding in the CARRIAGE and the BOAT on the RIVER. No doubt she will return from her honeymoon a mother to be.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
Queen Christins is one of out most illustrious and fascinating female royals. She was precocious and a very unusual women for the timeperiod she lived in. She was highly educated and spoke several languages fluently including italian even prior to visiting the country. She became queen at age 6 when her father died but did not join the government until she had turned 18. There are some great books written about her and they are well worth reading. She eventually abdicated and converted to catholicism and became very influential in Rome where she lived when she died.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy

I doubt a future king could ever be named Adolf after WW II.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisheva View Post
I doubt a future king could ever be named Adolf after WW II.
Adolf is an old royal name and besides the german dictator is mostly referred to by his last name. So no connotation to him when one hears Adolf.

Closed Thread