The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
In Swedish "Ewa" is pronounced Ewa.... the "E" sounds like the "e" in "elephant" or "end" ... and I guess thats what you try to say here ... (but in Swedish Ava is pronounced with an "A" sounding like the "a" in "Silvia" )
Weird. Then the commentators for the Royal Wedding were pronouncing it incorrectly because I swear, I heard them pronounce it like 'Ava'

Old 08-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

I would pronounce "Ewa": "E" Like in "End", "W" and "A" like in "Ava". But "Eva" i would pronounce E-F-A (E like in "end")
Here you can hear how "Eva" is pronounced in Swedish. Aussprache von Eva: Wie man Eva auf Kroatisch, Deutsch, Englisch, Tschechisch, Spanisch, Niederländisch, Portugiesisch, Schwedisch, Norwegisch, Italienisch, Estnisch ausspricht (I pronouce "Ewa" like the Norwegian guy, who says Eva in the link)

I think Victoria and Daniel will have their first child in November/December 2011. Just about a year for Daniel to get used to his new role.

My guess for a name is:
Lovisa Margareta Ewa Silvia
or
Gustaf Fredrik Oscar Olle

These names are possible to me:
Girls:
Desiree
Josephine/Josefina
Sophia/Sofia (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Louise/Lovisa (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Eugenie (possible middle name)
Marie
Victoria (possible middle name)
Margreta
Birgitta (possible middle name)
Ingeborg (possible middle name)
Alice (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Sibylla (possible middle name)
Christina/Kristina (possible middle name)
Ulrika (possible middle name)
Ewa (possible middle name)
Anna (possible middle name)
Siliva (possible middle name)

A boy could be named:
Oscar (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Carl
Johan
Ludvig (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Eugen
Vilhelm/Wilhelm
Frederik/Fredrik
Gustaf/Gustav (fashionable, very possible for first name )
August
Erik (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Olaf
Sigvard
Bertil
Folke
Hubertus
Olle

For sure ther won't be an Adolf/ph. That would be cruel to the kid and would put the royal family in a bad and strange light.

A child will not be named: (because these are names of godchildren or nephews)
Amalia
Eleonore
Ingrid (at least for first name)
Christian
Constantin
Alexios/Alexandra
Leopold
Diana
Ian
Madeleine
Vivien
Guilia
Isabella

Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We're guessing names and she isn't even pregnant yet.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

I hope they don't go for fashion, or we'll end up with Crownprince Kevin...
Old 08-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

What really surprises me is that names like Daniel, David or Joshua haven't been royal names except in the Bible. With the exception of CP Victoria's husband, I can't think of any male royal who had the name Daniel, David or Joshua. Wouldn't it be interesting to find out why? These names sound royal.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
[...] I can't think of any male royal who had the name Daniel, David or Joshua. Wouldn't it be interesting to find out why? These names sound royal.
You're right.
The Duke of Windsor, the former Edward VIII of England was known as "David" to his family and friends, but he ascended the throne as "Edward".
Full name according to Wikipedia was "Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David"
Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness

Ludvig is good, Charlotte!

In 20 years the boy could look like our King Ludwig II.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 08-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
What really surprises me is that names like Daniel, David or Joshua haven't been royal names except in the Bible. With the exception of CP Victoria's husband, I can't think of any male royal who had the name Daniel, David or Joshua. Wouldn't it be interesting to find out why? These names sound royal.
They sound too Jewish for a Christian nation. I am Jewish and Israeli and names like David, Joshua or Abraham are never given to royal babies. Only perhaps as 3rd or 4th name, or in the case of Daniel, when the one who weds into the royal family has such a name. Can you imagine, a King David for a western country. King David was the famous king of Israel. No country wants to be associated with that today.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
I hope they don't go for fashion, or we'll end up with Crownprince Kevin...
A swedish prince can't be named Kevin it would have to be Carl Kevin
Old 08-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisheva View Post
They sound too Jewish for a Christian nation. I am Jewish and Israeli and names like David, Joshua or Abraham are never given to royal babies. Only perhaps as 3rd or 4th name, or in the case of Daniel, when the one who weds into the royal family has such a name. Can you imagine, a King David for a western country. King David was the famous king of Israel. No country wants to be associated with that today.
I don't think there will be a King David in Sweden in the future. I think they will use more traditional names - at least for the heir. But a third or 4th child could be named David, Daniel, Elias...with middle name.
Abraham, Salomon and Adam are only the person in the bible to me. But Elias, Noah, Aaron, David, Daniel, Jonas/Jona, Joshua are very fashionable in Germany.

This are the names, which are popular in Sweden at the moment:
Girls: Girls' names 2009
Boys: Boys' names 2009
(Ludvig is at No 22 in 2009, by the way)
Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisheva View Post
There were a few kings named David in Scotland
Old 12-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

I think that the Crown Princess must have the best of medical advice and care - and were there really reasons to believe that children would not be possible their comments about children would be more low key. Since they are clearly optimistic I think they must have sound reason for feeling so. I hope so for their sakes.

That said I think they will not postpone anything. They are well-acquainted and Victoria's age is not a minor matter - the child will come when it comes without attempting a delay. Its the wisest path - so its most likely Victoria will have her child sometime from May 2011 onwards. If she does not have her child sometime between mid 2011 to the end of 2012, then it is questionable if she will have children, I think, and the succession would pass (after her) to her brother and then his children when and if they are born.

That's what I think.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
That said I think they will not postpone anything. They are well-acquainted and Victoria's age is not a minor matter - the child will come when it comes without attempting a delay.
Victoria's only 33 and purely for the sake of succession, they only need to have one child so they have a few years yet, though I hope they'll have several children. Her mother and a few of the other Crown Princesses have had a child in their mid and late 30s.

However, for insurance, I hope her siblings do get married in the next 5 years or so!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Commoner

is victoria pregnant? Se alle billederne: Er Victoria gravid? | www.bt.dk
Old 12-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Nobility

Knowing the affection Victoria has for her great aunt, plus the apparent closeness Daniel feels to her great uncle (he hugged him twice - once after the landing and procession up into the castle and second when he passed him at the head table during the banquet), I wouldn't be surprised if the first male child would be Prince Carl Johan and the first female child Princess Lilian or Lillian (the original spelling and to distinquish from the incumbent), especially if either of them should pass on near during the pregnancy.

Plus, Carl John would reinforce the Bernadotte tradition as well as honoring Victoria's father and brother with the "Carl" part.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanný View Post
It's the flow of the dress, there was speculation about MM at Victorias wedding because she wore a similar dress.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Commoner

^But she also didn't drink any wine during the dinner. What other reason would there be than pregnancy?
Old 12-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

I have read in the danish magazine "Her&Nu" that CPss Victoria to the question about children answered: "We hope to soon become that happy" (In danish: Vi håber,vi snart skal være så lykkelige") I hope, I got the translation right :)
Old 12-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisi View Post
^But she also didn't drink any wine during the dinner. What other reason would there be than pregnancy?
She didn't want to drink wine?

Speculation is unneccesary when nothing has been announced.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

She didn't want to drink wine?

Speculation is unneccesary when nothing has been announced.
Agreed- especially since an early source said she drank a few sips champagne

Closed Thread