Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 1: October 2004 - August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrhcp

Royal Highness
Country
Canada
Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 1: October 2004 - August 2005

In view of his sisters being linked with their beau's in two separate threads .... I think its only fair to fill it out to include CP. :)

Hope there isn't a thread already established in this regard.
Perhaps some-one could link it, then.

I haven´t seen one hrhcp, so thanks for starting a Carl Philip and Emma thread!

This is what Carl Philip said about Emma in his 25th birthday interview:
LB= reporter CP= Carl Philip :)

LB: Back to this with the attention. It’s not only the Prince who gets attention, but also the people around you. I’m thinking of Emma whom you’ve had a relationship with for five years now. How aware was she of this when you met?
CP: In Sweden everyone has an idea of whom you are when you first meet.
LB: Do you feel that you must protect your girlfriend from to much public life?
CP: Yes, I want to try to let the people close to me not to be exposed so much to the pressure.
LB: Does she suffer from it?
CP: Same here, it’s different; you get different eyes on you.
LB: A question from my sons, what food do you eat an ordinary Wednesday evening like this?
CP: An ordinary Wednesday… I suppose we’d eat spaghetti and minced meat sauce.
LB: Who’d cook?
CP: Emma.
LB: Not you?
CP: It happens. But I’m not as good as her at it.

Carl Philip and Emma in 2001
attachment.php

...and 2000
attachment.php

and a photo of Emma, taken in august 2003.

emma-222595-0_368.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
she is a beautiful gal, well i hope he marries her..

I like the two of them togather what do others think

I wonder how she get's along with his sisters and his family?... It would seem they get on rather well since they've been together for so long, but I think I would be so intimidated by dating a man whose family just happens to be THE royal family of a country!

I heard that Emma and the rest of the royal family get along very well. I might have read the article wrong but I believe the article about Emma's 25th suprise birthday party said that the King and Queen celebrated her birthday at the palace so I guess that's a good sign!

The longer they stay together, the higher the likelyhood that they'll get married. They really look great together.

Britters said:
I wonder how she get's along with his sisters and his family?... It would seem they get on rather well since they've been together for so long, but I think I would be so intimidated by dating a man whose family just happens to be THE royal family of a country!
Well what has the family to do with?

mixer2002de said:
Well what has the family to do with?
It could mean whether or not Emma will become a part of the royal family. A family's opinion on a potential mate carries an enormous weight in the decision to marry, how much more when the family is a royal and the man you're marrying is in line for the throne?

Personally, for me, what my family has to say about who I'm dating matters very much on my opinion of marriage-worthiness.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
It could mean whether or not Emma will become a part of the royal family. A family's opinion on a potential mate carries an enormous weight in the decision to marry, how much more when the family is a royal and the man you're marrying is in line for the throne?

Personally, for me, what my family has to say about who I'm dating matters very much on my opinion of marriage-worthiness.

Exactly! I take into consideration what my family has to say with every person I date seriously, and I'm not in line to any sort of throne...

If Emma and the rest of the Swedish family could not relate on anything, or did not get a long it would be an uncomfortable situation if the couple were to marry. Family events would be stressful, and as the rest of the Royal Family's life has got to be a little more then stressful most of the time, family events should not be.

Moonlightrhapsody said:

Sure but after 5 years they well should be sort of "used to "her. Anyway I do not think Swedes would be surprised if Carl Phillip intened to marry her. Actually his Dad could hardly defend a no in public. And why should the PM say no?

Britters said:
Exactly! I take into consideration what my family has to say with every person I date seriously, and I'm not in line to any sort of throne...

If Emma and the rest of the Swedish family could not relate on anything, or did not get a long it would be an uncomfortable situation if the couple were to marry. Family events would be stressful, and as the rest of the Royal Family's life has got to be a little more then stressful most of the time, family events should not be.
Do not think that is the case. Emma already was with them on private events afaik. So still see no reason against. And my opinion is: Its Emmas and Carls business and nobody else's.

My question was just how well she got a long with the others of the family-if she goes to private functions and what not and get's on well with them that's great! My theory is that after so long the Family must approve of her or I don't know how it would have continued on so long...

I agree with Moonlightrhapsody and Britters that the rest of the Royal Family's feelings for Emma is indeed important - not just do I think that Prince Carl Philip wants her and his family to get along, but I also think that it's important for Emma herself and their relationship. It would indeed be a very uncomfortable situation if the parties did not get along, but thank God that they all seem to like each other very much.

Just a question. I know that in many royal families, they have to get permission from parliament before they can marry. Now is that just the case for the crown prince/princess, or will other members, like Carl Phillip, need to get permission/approval first?

ravergirl said:
Just a question. I know that in many royal families, they have to get permission from parliament before they can marry. Now is that just the case for the crown prince/princess, or will other members, like Carl Phillip, need to get permission/approval first?
In Sweden, the Act of Succession states that all members of the Royal House has to get permission from the Head of State and the Government in order to marry - if they don't want to loose their place in the List of Succession for themselves, their children and future generations.

What about the people of Sweden? Do they seem to approve of Emma? Or is it kind of an indifference sort of a thing for the people? If things go well she would become one of their beautiful Princesses so you would think you'd want them to at least somewhat approve as well...

Britters said:
My question was just how well she got a long with the others of the family-if she goes to private functions and what not and get's on well with them that's great! My theory is that after so long the Family must approve of her or I don't know how it would have continued on so long...
I take that for sure..

Britters said:
What about the people of Sweden? Do they seem to approve of Emma? Or is it kind of an indifference sort of a thing for the people? If things go well she would become one of their beautiful Princesses so you would think you'd want them to at least somewhat approve as well...
Well I do not think that this is a real big thing. Maybe it would have been with Maddes former bf. Can you imagine any reasons for a no?

mixer2002de said:
Well I do not think that this is a real big thing. Maybe it would have been with Maddes former bf.
Why? Who was he, and when were they together?

robby86 said:
Why? Who was he, and when were they together?
I think she´s refering to Erik Granath, who used to date Madeleine in 2001/2002.
He was seen in public with the royal couple and that, in the press´opinion meant that he was "approved".
But he had a troubled past. His mother died when he was young and after that he got into trouble. He was charged for having drugs, assulting a man outside a restaurant, parking tickets etc...
In November of 2002 Madeleine said, when asked about him, "he´s passé"

Attachments

• Gotland2.jpg
    Gotland2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 2,712
  • CA4TMLV8.jpg
    CA4TMLV8.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 765
  • ERIK1.jpg
    ERIK1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 8,605
  • sm3.jpg
    sm3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 723
When The current Crownprinces could marry Maxima (junta father) Letizia (divorced) Mette-Marit (singel Mother) and Mary (your average girl next door) I see absolutly no reason why 2nd in line Carl Philip could not marry Emma. She seems very sweet and descreet, and the press has known about her for like for ever, so if there were some skelettons Im sure Daniel Nyhlen would have informed us by now. I hope he marries her (not that I would not like to see a royal-royal marriage but those days really seems to be over) and from a selfish note I would love to see a royal wedding in Sweden:D

And on a side not Im glad Madeleine is over Erik Granath, he seemd like the prototype of those upperclass kids that the papers write about with their lavish lifestyle and spending daddys money, and that the informationdepartment does their very best to distan the royal children from with little succes IMO

I think Emma would be good for the royal house
love to see her at the nobels

Larzen said:
When The current Crownprinces could marry Maxima (junta father) Letizia (divorced) Mette-Marit (singel Mother) and Mary (your average girl next door) I see absolutly no reason why 2nd in line Carl Philip could not marry Emma. She seems very sweet and descreet, and the press has known about her for like for ever, so if there were some skelettons Im sure Daniel Nyhlen would have informed us by now. I hope he marries her
You're such a wise person, Larzen! :D I completely agree with you! I think they are great together and make a smashing couple! Emma would be a good addition to the Royal Family, and since the Swedes and the press have known of her for so long now, and no skeletons have jumped out of the closet - everything seems to be in order. Maybe when Prince Carl Philip finnishes his education, he can brace himself and pop the question! :)

Larzen said:
(not that I would not like to see a royal-royal marriage but those days really seems to be over) and from a selfish note I would love to see a royal wedding in Sweden:D
I'm still having hopes for a Madeleine-William & Victoria-Nikolaos combo! One can always dream... :D

Last edited:
Thank you:D However I dont wish Madeleine that bad, yes William is handsome, royal and the same age, but beeing married to the fututre king of England... No I think not. Considering Madeleine and the swedish papparazzi is not exactly best friends, think how it would be with the british press, and without wanting to offend the british family, they dont exactly have the best marriage record. She could find someone from Luxembourg or some othe small monarchy (with a lot of great jewels, now how superficial was that...?:D )

As for Victoria she needs (and deserves) a loving husband, not a royal pain in the back... A man that will understand that he will have to play 2. fiddle and work hard for the swedish monarchy and that beeing royal is about hard work and dedication not jetsetting trough Europe. Victoria could hitch up with Benediktes son Gustav, maybe a little old and not so good looking as Nikolaos but he sounds like a great caring man....

When will Carl Philip finnish his education and what is Emma doing at the moment, they make a great couple....they should just get engaged so there will be some real work for ETW and A-CJ they have had much to much time on their hands lately it seems...

think one day we may see emma at the nobels

5 royal ladies, silvia victoria madeleine lilian and emma

Umm...sorry I'm late, but quick question. In one of the pictures above, is it just me or is that man groping at Madeline's chest? Maybe I need to clean my contacts or something...

Anyway, any recent news or pics on Emma and our gorgeous Carl Philip?

Yes, Erik is groping her bosom.

here is a old photo of the two of them

Attachments

• showLayoutImage222.jpg
    showLayoutImage222.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,178
Last edited:
what was that rumour posted a short while back that Carl Philip and Emma have gone their separate ways ?

I just discovered this forum and immediately joined it! ;) So a big HELLO to everyone! ;)

Haven`t heard about the rumours! Since when are they together?! Seems like a long while! :) To me she looks pretty, but somehow she reminds me of his sisters which is a little confusing me! :lol:

Carl Philip and Emma met in the summer of 1999

I am looking for a photo of emma in a light pink dress its from carl philips Ball Of The Order Of Innocence

this could be somewhat how she would look in a tiara

Attachments

• showLayoutImage433.jpg
    showLayoutImage433.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 7,556
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom