The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

All posts on Princess Ghaida & Princess Dina in Morocco have been moved to the
Lalla Salma Association Against Cancer
thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Jordan royals join climate campaign

Jordan's Queen Rania and Princess Haya are among the latest "climate allies" who have signed up to an international campaign calling for a fair, effective and ambitious deal to tackle global warming to be agreed in Copenhagen in December... - Full Article

Old 11-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

King performs Eid Al-Adha prayer.
ImageShack -
http://img21.imageshack.us/i/news152360s.jpg/
Old 11-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Commoner

thank you salma i noticed that prince hamzah lost alot of his weight and looks great in these photos really good too see the king pray with his brother but wished if prince ali was with them
Old 01-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

King Abdullah II of Jordan (2R), his son Crown prince Hussein (R), Queen Rania of Jordan (C), King Abdullah II half brothers Prince Hashem (L) and prince Hamza (2L), wait for the arrival of the coffin of the Jordanian officer Captain Sharif Ali Bin Zeid who lost his life as he performed humanitarian duties with the Jordanian contingent, part of UN peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan, in Amman, Jordan, 02 January 2010

ANP Beeldbank

PETRA:
http://img19.imageshack.us/i/news158493.jpg/
http://img519.imageshack.us/i/news158504.jpg/
http://img34.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=news158519.jpg
Old 01-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I suspected from the soldier's name that he might be related to the Royal Family:

Body of Jordan soldier killed in Afghanistan repatriated

AMMAN The remains of a Jordanian distantly related to the royal family who was killed in an attack in Afghanistan were repatriated on Saturday and received by King Abdullah II, Queen Rania and other royals.

. . . The officer's family said that Zeid, who carried the title "sherif" that is bestowed on members of the royal family, had been in Afghanistan for 20 days and had been due to return home on the day he was killed. AFP: Body of Jordan soldier killed in Afghanistan repatriated
Old 01-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
King Abdullah II of Jordan (2R), his son Crown prince Hussein (R), Queen Rania of Jordan (C), King Abdullah II half brothers Prince Hashem (L) and prince Hamza (2L), wait for the arrival of the coffin of the Jordanian officer Captain Sharif Ali Bin Zeid who lost his life as he performed humanitarian duties with the Jordanian contingent, part of UN peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan, in Amman, Jordan, 02 January 2010

ANP Beeldbank

PETRA:
Imageshack - news158493
Imageshack - news158504
http://img34.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=news158519.jpg
jordan - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Old 01-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Queen changed her Mercedes now she drives a new Porsche.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

vedio
الملك يستقبل جثمان الشهيد
Old 01-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't know Jordan have a soldiers in Afghanitan?!!
sad news anyway,sorry for the guy and his family.
funny how PHussein became taller tha his father,nice to see him.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
I didn't know Jordan have a soldiers in Afghanitan?!!.
The authorities in Amman have never confirmed the presence of Jordanian troops in Afghanistan
Body of Jordan soldier killed in Afghanistan repatriated - Yahoo! News
Old 01-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Do you have a background on Al-Sharif Ali bin Zaid Al-Aoun

We are one family, but do not know who Ali ibn Zayd

Do you have any information about him??

Thanks .,.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Courtier

I dont know who hs is but one man in this pictures looks like prince mired i think. its from the late sherifs fam member, so maby its on that family side?.

Also here it says jordan is the only arab country to be public in afganistan.
Jordanian Army suffers first fatality in Afghanistan
Old 01-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes is Prince Mired, were also presented at funeral Princes Asem, Rachid and Raad

January 3, 2009 Prince Ali and Prince Raad

ImageShack -
Old 01-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Nobility

who is this man and what s his related to the royal family
Old 01-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

serval articles said that he is a prince from JRF they called him cherif Ali ben Zeid,so i suppose he is a far cousin maybe.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
serval articles said that he is a prince from JRF they called him cherif Ali ben Zeid,so i suppose he is a far cousin maybe.
He is a far cousin but not a prince .... he is sharif. This title carried by all persons who are related to Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. Not only to members of the royal family of Jordan
Old 01-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
He is a far cousin but not a prince .... he is sharif. This title carried by all persons who are related to Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. Not only to members of the royal family of Jordan
You are right, he is is a sharif, not a Jordanian Prince, but his great- grandfather was HH Prince (Amir) Nasser bin Ali, the younger brother of Hussein bin Ali, the Grand Sharif and Amir of Mecca, later for a short time King of the Hijaz, and the father of King Abdullah I of Jordan. Nasser bin Ali was granted the personal title of Prince by his brother Hussein (then king of the Hijaz).
Old 01-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thank you veram.

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania, HRH Crown Prince Hussein, other members of the Royal family, senior officials and officers take part in a ceremony to receive the body of Sharif Ali Ben Zeid Al Oun, who was killed on Wednesday in the line of duty as he was taking part in a humanitarian mission carried out by the Jordan Armed Forces in Afghanistan.
Amman, Jordan/ Saturday 2, January 2010
http://img121.imageshack.us/i/187562...825773193.jpg/
Old 01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
You are right, he is is a sharif, not a Jordanian Prince, but his great- grandfather was HH Prince (Amir) Nasser bin Ali, the younger brother of Hussein bin Ali, the Grand Sharif and Amir of Mecca, later for a short time King of the Hijaz, and the father of King Abdullah I of Jordan. Nasser bin Ali was granted the personal title of Prince by his brother Hussein (then king of the Hijaz).
Thank u veram98 ..... great! now i can understand the relationship between the late sharif and KA. Do u know anything about his personal life ... is he married ? and what about his family ... mom - dad - brothers and sisters?

Tags
jordan, jordanian royal family, royal family of jordan current events