Queen Noor: Picture Thread, Part I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do u guys remember in one of QN's pics back in the 80's she had this dark pink suit (a llong jacket and a skirt)?does anyone have the pic please?

WEll I found out that syhe is the wife of Prince zeid (Sp) of Jordan and Iraq. I think I read on this one of the threads as well. But they do not use their iraq titoes. But I guess he is a descendent of the hashemite rulers of Iraq. Also she comes froma wealthy family from Houston, TX.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
could she be Prince Zaed Bin shakers' daughter?(are they given a title as well?)

Queen Noor in Aqaba and other portraits

QN with family in Aqaba, including a photo with her father, older photos pre-KH and early in the marriage, and a portrait of her in what looks to be an elegant maternity suit.

Attachments

• rr3.jpg
    rr3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 5,797
  • rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,495
  • rr11.jpg
    rr11.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 2,251
  • rr10.jpg
    rr10.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2,344
  • rr9.jpg
    rr9.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 3,033
  • rr8.jpg
    rr8.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,433
  • rr6.jpg
    rr6.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2,445
  • rr5.jpg
    rr5.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2,183
  • rr4.jpg
    rr4.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 3,352
  • rr7.jpg
    rr7.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2,819
Last edited:
Early Noor

Some photos in college and early on in the ME pre-KH and a final gorgeous portrait of KH and QN.

Attachments

• rr12.jpg
    rr12.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 2,133
  • rr13.jpg
    rr13.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,832
  • rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,425
FOudn this from her website on yahoo (yahoo is getting better than google)
This is really pretty and is from her first year of marriage:
hmqnbw.jpg

Reina said:
WEll I found out that syhe is the wife of Prince zeid (Sp) of Jordan and Iraq. I think I read on this one of the threads as well. But they do not use their iraq titoes. But I guess he is a descendent of the hashemite rulers of Iraq. Also she comes froma wealthy family from Houston, TX.

Thanks for the info :)

Reina said:
Her husband's grandfather Prince Zeid bin Hussein was the youngest brother of King Faisal I of Iraq and King Abdullah I of Jordan. When all members of the Iraqi royal family were killed in 1958 by the rebels, Prince Zeid was in London as Iraq's ambassador to the UK (and survived because of that). He (and later his only son Prince Raad who settled in Jordan) became the official Hashemite claimant to the throne of Iraq.

To Mary

Dear Mary,

This is Sol again ... what a wonderful pictures of Her Majesty. She looks so beautiful and regal !!

Love,

p[ol

maryshawn said:
Some photos in college and early on in the ME pre-KH and a final gorgeous portrait of KH and QN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reina,

I agree totally; very different "look" for QN but it was taken on their honeymoon in Scotland when she says she was still trying to figure out the what is appropriate to wear thing..... And note the lack of makeup and hairstyle..... She really evolved a lot between that photo and the official portrait posted next. I like that portrait a lot and had never seen it before; still simple but very nice looking.

I wasn't talking about her look. I am saying how did she get in that position. SHe kind of looks like she should have been somewhere else, doing other things than marrying a king who is 16 years older than her. This is the same way I feel of PMuna.

maryshawn said:
Reina,

I agree totally; very different "look" for QN but it was taken on their honeymoon in Scotland when she says she was still trying to figure out the what is appropriate to wear thing..... And note the lack of makeup and hairstyle..... She really evolved a lot between that photo and the official portrait posted next. I like that portrait a lot and had never seen it before; still simple but very nice looking.

Like a Peace Corps volunteer perhaps? Or someone who wanted to be engaged in making a difference in social causes as she had dreamed in college? I see what you're saying and agree. I think a number of people wonder why she chose the path she did as she did seem like such an odd choice. But KH didn't always go for the conventional choice when it came to picking wives.....and I think he was a lonely man who wanted a wife and I stand by my earlier statements--which many disagreed with--she bore a passing enough resemblance to QA to fit the bill at the time.

She definitely has a resemblance to QA. The fact that PHaya looks so much like her supports this too.

Very nice photo, prophetess. Thank you for sharing!

QN Miscellaneous Photos

Queen Noor at work, with family and with her sister, Alexa, recently, and KH's last birthday with family.

Attachments

• royaltyqn1.jpg
    royaltyqn1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 2,130
  • qnroyalty4.jpg
    qnroyalty4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,251
  • qnroyalty3.jpg
    qnroyalty3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 453
  • qnroyalty2,jpg.jpg
    qnroyalty2,jpg.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2,260
  • qnroyalty1.jpg
    qnroyalty1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,279
  • royaltyqn.jpg
    royaltyqn.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 2,126
  • royaltynoor.jpg
    royaltynoor.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2,138
Queen Noor

More QN photos at work--out in Jordan and holding meetings; working in her office.

Attachments

• qn6.jpg
    qn6.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 208
  • qnpeople5.jpg
    qnpeople5.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 337
  • qnroyalty6.jpg
    qnroyalty6.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 390
  • qnroyalty5.jpg
    qnroyalty5.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 279
  • qn6.jpg
    qn6.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 260
  • royaltynoor.jpg
    royaltynoor.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2,110
Sorry for some photo post duplications......

QN with family, in Paris, at an official event and with Harrison Ford while shooting "Indiana Jones" in Petra.

Attachments

• qn4.jpg
    qn4.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,088
  • making_c_103.jpg
    making_c_103.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 315
  • wife2.jpg
    wife2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 684
  • qn state visit france oct 06 88.jpg
    qn state visit france oct 06 88.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 715
Maryshawn - wonderful pic's keep them coming - they're excellent.

First two r from 200 & 2004/ QN Vanity Fair scan - by Herb Ritts June 99 issue/ Vanity Fair/ in Washington 030801

Attachments

• qnwashington030801.jpg
    qnwashington030801.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 474
  • qnvanityfairherbrittsjune99.jpg
    qnvanityfairherbrittsjune99.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 339
  • qnvanityfairherbritts2june99.jpg
    qnvanityfairherbritts2june99.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,179
  • 210504@GALAQN.jpg
    210504@GALAQN.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,529
  • 130100qn.jpg
    130100qn.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 723
Ah...I remember that edition quite well. In it she explains that she thought Christianity was too dogmatic or something like that. I guess she eventually saw the 'light':confused: :rolleyes:

Amina said:
Maryshawn - wonderful pic's keep them coming - they're excellent.

First two r from 200 & 2004/ QN Vanity Fair scan - by Herb Ritts June 99 issue/ Vanity Fair/ in Washington 030801

Thanks for the nice words about the photos. Yes, Reina, you have a good memory; she did say she found it easy to embrace Islam because she found Christianity too dogmatic. Then her friends chimed in to say her conversion to Islam made her life much easier to deal with as its basic tenets are acceptance and acknowledgement things are out of our hands. So any difficulties she encountered as Queen and then losing KH were easier to cope with.
Reina said:
Ah...I remember that edition quite well. In it she explains that she thought Christianity was too dogmatic or something like that. I guess she eventually saw the 'light':confused: :rolleyes:

QN Photos

More photos of QN: early days as Queen for an article in the Royal Jordanian Airline newsletter, standing alone in photo shown on the A&E biography, with writer of an article on QN for Ms. Magazine, in a shoe?????, and 3 days after mourning period for KH had ended.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 609
  • 2q.jpg
    2q.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 247
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 247
  • air3.jpg
    air3.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 662
  • air7.jpg
    air7.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 672
  • earlynoor.jpg
    earlynoor.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 682
  • lafferty_noor.jpg
    lafferty_noor.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 931
  • nooralone.jpg
    nooralone.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,029
  • qnshoe.jpg
    qnshoe.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 250
  • pkh2.jpg
    pkh2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 866
When I read that I was so surprised. But I guess the branch of Christianity she was exposed to would be dogmatic. It is so sad because true Christianity is not dogmatic. I wished she were exposed to it. Denominations really can screw up things...

maryshawn said:
Thanks for the nice words about the photos. Yes, Reina, you have a good memory; she did say she found it easy to embrace Islam because she found Christianity too dogmatic. Then her friends chimed in to say her conversion to Islam made her life much easier to deal with as its basic tenets are acceptance and acknowledgement things are out of our hands. So any difficulties she encountered as Queen and then losing KH were easier to cope with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom