Queen Noor: News Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often read Queen Nur, so I assumed her name was pronounced like that, now I heard she is called Q Noor, with a long vowel, is that what she's called in US, while she's called Nur in Jordan ?:cool: :confused:

She's Noor in both Jordan and the USA, Nur is a misspelling just like Hashem and Hamzeh...if you check out her book she spells her name as Noor and similarly if you check out her website the spelling is Noor...hope that clears it up.

-Eliza

Actually in arabic it is Nur. There is no o or oo. But I guess it is easier to spell it Noor.

Actually Reina there is oo that's the letter "waw":

check out this website:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet

if you scroll down to where the arabic letters are it's the second to last letter and when it is in between two other letters it gives a long "oo" and queen noor uses this letter in her name.

-Eliza

Yeah...it has the pronunciation, but not the letter. So in arabic it is spelled Nur.

yes actually Reina there is a wya to spell QN's name that woul give the letters n o o r but usually that extra letter is not written because it is implied that the arabs will know it is there, here is how QN's name would be spelt with that extra letter

نوُر

Eliza-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom