The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Courtier

Has there been a transcript released yet of Noor's appearance on Larry King? Ususally there is one released a day or two after the appearance. While you can't see facial reactions, you can at least read word for word what Noor had to say about the Hamzah situation and other things.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Yes Noor is much thinner.
btw...I think I've posted pretty much all the screen caps of the interview. There are several more pics but they're all we've seen before, from the wedding of Prince Felipe for example. Still, if anyone wants to see them, let me know.
oh please post those too.

thank you,
Eliza

Old 04-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Has there been a transcript released yet of Noor's appearance on Larry King? Ususally there is one released a day or two after the appearance. While you can't see facial reactions, you can at least read word for word what Noor had to say about the Hamzah situation and other things.
here you go.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Okay the transcript is online.
I hope everyone checks it out. The interview did cover a range of subjects including politics, family, royalty etc.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...13/lkl.01.html

-Eliza
Old 04-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Well I kind of think that PHashim is studying in Japan
I think you may be right tho...

Quote:
Plus would they let a girl study in Japan all alone?
tho...i don't see why she can't go study alone in Japan

Quote:
Anyway I wish her hair was lighter. But she did seem more real though.
actually I liked her hair darker

Quote:
Is her necklace the evil eye?
yes, I think it is.

-Eliza
Old 04-15-2005, 12:47 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I saw it again today and she looked more tired than anything. She also seems exceedingly thin in her face. It is hard to discern from the still photos but that sparkle in her eyes--which she had even when appearing on Larry King just three months after King Hussein's death--was not as apparent. Regarding her home, she seems to be downsizing from the estate they had to the next home she rented to wherever she is now. Makes sense given the fact she is traveling so much, I suppose. But "home" has always been a difficult subject for her. Years ago, after Hussein's death she said she hadn't grown up in a normal "home"--given her father's career moves--and her family life with Hussein wasn't "normal" either. I suspect she likes the Washington DC area as her sister, who is also her best friend, lives there. And it does afford her proximity to her children; all of whom seem to have attended schools on the East Coast. She is a very gracious person. It has to be tough being Queen for many years than trying to carve out a new role in your late 40s and 50s. I give her a lot of credit. Kind of reminds me of the old adage "it's tough being poor; even tougher to be poor having been rich." Money isn't the issue but having to step aside from power and the prestige of being Queen would be tough for anyone. Noor is handling it better than most, in my opinion.

Mary, she's strong, not every woman could have managed to keep a man like KH by her side, had he not died, they would have stayed a couple for many years til the death of 1 of them, not even QA could have done it, he would have got tired of her, eventually..... but not of a woman as Noor, she's the 1 who's smart, not really QR, ( I do think QR is not that smart as ppl think) - QN is an intelligent woman who can deal any situation, she's shown the world she can......:)
Old 04-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Courtier

I also noticed that she looked surprise and don't know how to answer when LK asked her about Hamzha .
and I was realy wait to see new pictures for her with her children :(

it seemed that she worked very hard to insure that her son will be the crown prince before her husband died , personally I think that didn't help her to be in good relation with her husband children , maybe some of them didn't like her before and this move from her increased their negative feeling about her .
Old 04-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Nobility

She looks magnificent for a 50+year old. The reason she gives for her long lasting beauty is a wonderful one. But then again, I'm just judging this from the pictures I saw and have not actually watched the actual interview itself. So before I can agree what maryshawn is saying I'll have to take a look at the video itself first.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizahawthorne
oh please post those too.

thank you,
Eliza
ok, here they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7ab.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	126176   Click image for larger version

Name:	7b.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	126177   Click image for larger version

Name:	7d.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	126178   Click image for larger version

Name:	7e.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	126179  

Name:	7f.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	126180   Click image for larger version

Name:	7ha.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	126181   Click image for larger version

Name:	7i.jpg
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	126182   Click image for larger version

Name:	7jb.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	126183  

Name:	7kb.jpg
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	126184   Click image for larger version

Name:	7m.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	126185  
Old 04-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

some more............
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3f.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	126195   Click image for larger version

Name:	3ma.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	126196   Click image for larger version

Name:	3mc.jpg
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	126197   Click image for larger version

Name:	3md.jpg
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	126198  

Name:	4e.jpg
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	126199   Click image for larger version

Name:	4f.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	126200   Click image for larger version

Name:	4g.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	126201   Click image for larger version

Name:	4h.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	126202  

Name:	4i.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	126203  
Old 04-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

some older pics I forgot to post before
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3v.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	126204   Click image for larger version

Name:	3vb.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	126205   Click image for larger version

Name:	3vc.jpg
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	126206   Click image for larger version

Name:	3vd.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	126207  

Name:	3q.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	126211   Click image for larger version

Name:	3qb.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	126212  
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

and some more.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3e.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	126213   Click image for larger version

Name:	3eb.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	126214   Click image for larger version

Name:	3df.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	126215   Click image for larger version

Name:	3da.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	126216  

Name:	3dd.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	126217   Click image for larger version

Name:	3dc.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	126218   Click image for larger version

Name:	2ub.jpg
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	126219   Click image for larger version

Name:	2t.jpg
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	126220  

Name:	2tb.jpg
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	126221   Click image for larger version

Name:	2spain.jpg
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	126222  
Old 04-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
Mary, she's strong, not every woman could have managed to keep a man like KH by her side, had he not died, they would have stayed a couple for many years til the death of 1 of them, not even QA could have done it, he would have got tired of her, eventually

It's anybody's guess to say whom KH would have stayed married to....I think it's kind of unfair to say that KH would have tired of QA, and left her eventually. We won't know that since Alia and KH's marriage was cut short, tragically.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

I think its difficult to speculate about what ifs. Even with Queen Noor, there were rumours of tensions in the marriage and that King Hussein's eye was wandering. It was mentioned in Noor's A&E biography. That after the 10 year mark, like many marriages, their marriage was in some difficulty. I think what really kept them together and brought them closer was KH's cancer. KH realized what an asset Noor was to him, both as a wife and Queen. Im sure he loved her more after that.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

From Hello: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../14/queennoor/

QUEEN NOOR REVEALS SECRET OF HER HAPPINESS

14 APRIL 2005

Jordan's much-loved Queen Noor has been talking candidly about her life with King Hussein and the challenges she has faced since he passed away. The glamorous royal, who is currently in the US promoting the paperback edition of her autobiography, told CNN presenter Larry King that helping others was the source of both her happiness and her beauty.

When the veteran interviewer asked how she managed to maintain her age-defying good looks, the 53-year-old said a meaningful life, rather than fancy creams or diets, was the secret. "I try to keep healthy, but whatever I have about me is probably the result of trying to work from my heart, true to my conscience and to focus my efforts outside myself," she explained. "There is a glow about people who live for something bigger than themselves."

King Hussein's widow, who is still single six years after her husband's death, also affirmed that she wasn't looking for anyone new. "I have great friends, men and women, but there's been no romantic magic since my husband," she confessed. "There was a real magic with King Hussein, for all the ups and downs of our lives, that was pretty unique and special. You don't look for that – it finds you."

Asked if she had any message for Britain's royal newlyweds, Noor expressed her hopes for Charles and Camilla's marriage: "I wish them all the happiness in the world. It can be rare and fleeting and I pray that they will know it."

1. The Jordanian royal, who was born in the US, spoke openly about the challenges of adjusting to life in the Middle East. "There was a real magic with King Hussein, for all the ups and downs of our lives, that was pretty unique and special," she said

2. Noor also offered a message of congratulations to Britain's royal newlyweds Charles and Camilla
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0006.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	126300   Click image for larger version

Name:	0007.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	126301  
Old 04-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Nobility

Thanks for posting the transcipt of the interview with Larry King, it was VERY INTERESTING!!! The fact that she avoided talking about 'First Decree' when in Nov 04 KA announced that Hamzah was no longer CP says alot.

Yes, apparantly there have been tensions within the family, but who know!! What really outraged me about the interview was the fact that QN said:

NOOR: King Abdullah has not talked to me about that. And so I still - I don't know. I can't answer that question.

When she was asked about the situation of Hamzah's removal as CP - i personally feel very upset for her. How could KA treat her like that? His fathers widow, its disgusting!!!

I also find it sad that she still affectively has no roots. She's living out of a suitcase, her children are at uni - it's like she's all alone. What do u all think!! I think she should remarry definitely. I mean she was only what 47 when KH died - so she should.

I feel she's been 'pushed' out of Jordan, i know there's not much of a role for her there but still. She was Queen b4 Rania, every1 in the JRF should treat her with a bit more respect!! She's an intelligent and beautiful woman.

Some1 mentioned that she had an office in NY. Does she have1 in Jordan, does any1 know? If she doesn't then that says alot i feel about family relations. I read an interview with Noor in 2003 or 04 where she said that she travelled to Jordan once a month. I wonder if she goes there regularly still. The interview was with the Washington Post, it's been posted in this very discussion thread. It's the second one.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amina
Thanks for posting the transcipt of the interview with Larry King, it was VERY INTERESTING!!! The fact that she avoided talking about 'First Decree' when in Nov 04 KA announced that Hamzah was no longer CP says alot.

Yes, apparantly there have been tensions within the family, but who know!! What really outraged me about the interview was the fact that QN said:

NOOR: King Abdullah has not talked to me about that. And so I still - I don't know. I can't answer that question.

When she was asked about the situation of Hamzah's removal as CP - i personally feel very upset for her. How could KA treat her like that? His fathers widow, its disgusting!!!

I also find it sad that she still affectively has no roots. She's living out of a suitcase, her children are at uni - it's like she's all alone. What do u all think!! I think she should remarry definitely. I mean she was only what 47 when KH died - so she should.

I feel she's been 'pushed' out of Jordan, i know there's not much of a role for her there but still. She was Queen b4 Rania, every1 in the JRF should treat her with a bit more respect!! She's an intelligent and beautiful woman.

Some1 mentioned that she had an office in NY. Does she have1 in Jordan, does any1 know? If she doesn't then that says alot i feel about family relations. I read an interview with Noor in 2003 or 04 where she said that she travelled to Jordan once a month. I wonder if she goes there regularly still. The interview was with the Washington Post, it's been posted in this very discussion thread. It's the second one.
As far as being pushed out of Jordan goes, maybe she's just stepped aside so the new king and queen can carve their own niche, tho I think KA and QR could definitely benefit from her expertise and P Hamzah's, it could also be a possibility that since most of her kids are studying in the US, she just likes being close to them so she spends most of her time there.

I think what she meant by living out of a suitcase is that she travels a lot, I mean it's not like she doesn't have a home, according to the LKL interview I believe she said she has a small place in D.C. --she just travels a lot, you know to give speeches, do book tours etc.

She's a woman of many virtues and has contributed to the betterment of Jordan's society in her own right as did her husband...she's still, I believe, quite active in promoting Jordan and continuing to help her people (the Jordanians).

Quote:
How could KA treat her like that? His fathers widow, its disgusting!!!

I don't understand, treat her like how exactly? Please clarify. Thanks

--------------

Not only does she have an office in Jordan, but she also has a home there, but apparently she doesn't visit Jordan much anymore (spends most of her time in the US close to her kids), tho she is there periodically I believe-someone else may have better info on that aspect...I didn't know she had an office in NY does anyone have the address?

Cheers,
Eliza
Old 04-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy

Question

Quote:

Amina, in this Forum there are some ppl who just can't stand QN, so u'll so often hear "she's manipulative", a "scheming woman", whose son was named CP only 'cos she did want him to be- as KH was a kinda of dumb, and we all tend to forget Hamzah was the most loved of his own kin ,by - sure, he himself, KH, he wanted his pref child to be King one day- so, when I hear ppl who pretend not to understand -in which way she was pushed aside of Jordan- "clarify" , OMG, is there still anything to clarify- I wonder, if one does like f.i. Ali and Hayah, does it mean u must be against QN and Hamzah ??????? isn't that so childish, I got tired of this silly game-
Old 04-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
Amina, in this Forum there are some ppl who just can't stand QN, so u'll so often hear "she's manipulative", a "scheming woman", whose son was named CP only 'cos she did want him to be- as KH was a kinda of dumb, and we all tend to forget Hamzah was the most loved of his own kin ,by - sure, he himself, KH, he wanted his pref child to be King one day- so, when I hear ppl who pretend not to understand -in which way she was pushed aside of Jordan- "clarify" , OMG, is there still anything to clarify- I wonder, if one does like f.i. Ali and Hayah, does it mean u must be against QN and Hamzah ??????? isn't that so childish, I got tired of this silly game-

I just found out Hamzah's office is not actually working, as for QN's office, I know she used to have it, that was be4e, of course.....
Old 04-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Royal Highness

Ok...I am perplexed about some things. During KH's marriage she wasn't that close to her kids was she? It seems she was pretty content on having them attend boarding school and her doing her duties. Maybe I am wrong, but why does she want to be close to her kids now?
Old 04-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Reina I think she was realy busy and that normal as a Queen , and now she not that busy and she also don't have a man in her life to be honest I hope she will marry again I don't see any wrong of that .

Closed Thread